Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Baby Life Week 42: Lovin' Family Life

This week was MUCH better than the previous week as (thankfully) we were all healthy!  We didn't do anything real exciting, but we did fully enjoy the simple moments of family life...

On Saturday morning, I still wasn't feeling real great, so Eric and Asher had some special Daddy-Asher hang-out time.  Asher helped daddy install the baby-gate at the bottom of the stairs:

Eric teaching Asher about power tools.



By late Saturday morning, I was finally starting to feel better and Asher was fully recovered from the virus that plagued our house.  I still ate quite cautiously for the day, but Asher was ready for some more variety in his diet, so we hung out at the high chair for a bit while he enjoyed some fresh banana.  These days, he LOVES to feed himself...I just need to prepare myself for a messy baby afterwards...



Video: Asher Eating Bananas

The remainder of our Saturday was a typical day.  We got a lot of things done around the house, had some time to relax and chased Asher around the house as he tried to get into things.
Asher discovered the nail on our front door, and although he was just slightly too short he tried again and again to get it into his mouth.
 On Sunday, I was desperate to enjoy some food with taste and felt that my stomach could finally handle it, so Eric and I made crock pot chicken tacos for dinner.  We also decided that Asher was ready to try our tacos too, so I rinsed off all of the chicken for him (we like our Mexican pretty spicy) and then mixed it in with some tortilla pieces, shredded cheese and a bit of lettuce.  He LOVED it!  ...it was a good thing too, because we eat tacos and spaghetti quite regularly here in the Migrin household.
Asher & his plate of tacos.

Asher about to try tacos for the first time.
Asher lovin' his tacos!

Video: Tacos Make Us Silly

At some point this weekend, Eric and I also discovered the "How Animals Eat Their Food" video that has been recently circling the internet.  Since then, Eric has been reenacting the cow scene for Asher, who thinks it is hilarious.
Video: Moo!!!


On Tuesday, we all went out to Red Robin for dinner.  I had been craving a good burger for the past week or so, but couldn't have it until I recovered from our horrible virus.  Now that I was better, it was time to get my burger (& of course a chocolate shake...because they are awesome!).

Asher's goofy smile...Eric thinks this is going to be his "I'm trying too hard to smile" smile (which will show up in his dorky school pictures).
 After dinner, we had a little play time at home before bed.  Asher was given a straw from Red Robin to play with.  We think he may be practicing to become a future orchestra conductor or the next Harry Potter:
2 Videos: Conductor or Next Harry Potter?


On Wednesday, Asher and I enjoyed a great day together at home.  He took a long nap in the afternoon (I actually had to wake him up so he didn't sleep too long), so I got a lot done around the house.  We also had a lot of time to play together.  These days, "playing" usually means emptying the toy box onto the Living Room floor, or playing keep away (Asher trying to get things he shouldn't, while Mommy tries to keep them out of reach).  This afternoon, we pulled out the Alphabet Train that Asher had gotten from Grandma & Papa Klingenmaier for Christmas.  He is starting to get the hang of walking with some support, but still only a beginner.  Sometimes he can still be quite tipsy and other times he pushes the train too hard so it gets too far in front of him before he has a chance to move his legs forward.  Oh well, practice, practice, practice, right?


Video: Walking the Alphabet Train

After Wednesday the week sped by and soon it was Friday, which meant that we were headed out of town for our fun-filled family weekend...more on that to come! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment