Monday, December 15, 2014

The A Team Week 10: 2 Months Old


This week (A Team Week 10) will be split into two entries.  One for the general week home with my boys and another for our Thanksgiving weekend trip to Michigan.  Since the general week home only consisted of 2 1/2 days, there isn't a ton to say, but that doesn't mean that nothing exciting happened.  Instead, it is quite the contrary, our littlest guy turned a whooping two months old!!  It is hard to believe that he is already two months old.  Even though I already know how quickly time flies simply from watching Asher grow, it still amazes for me to think that three months ago I was still carrying Avery around within and now he is a growing, healthy happy little dude hanging out with us at home.  I am seriously in love with the kid.  I don't quite understand how love works, as I've only known him for a little over two months now and CANNOT imagine life without him.  I remember begin concerned that I would not have enough love for both boys; that somehow I would have to split my love for Asher to have enough for Avery, but that is not the case.  Like the Grinch, my heart somehow grew and I am crazy about all three of my boys with a heart practically bursting with love.  I can say that I literally feel short of breath when I think about just how much I love my boys.  God is so good. :)

So, the week started with Avery's two month birthday and with that came his first round of vaccinations.  I dressed him that morning in one of my favorite little outfits: camo pants and a "tough like Daddy" shirt.  As I looked at my little "tough" guy laying in his bed smiling at me before we went to his appointment I laughed to myself as I thought it should say "tough like Mommy", since daddy is FAR from tough when it comes to needles.  Unfortunately though, the shirt was right.  Avery's toughness aligned more with Daddy than Mommy.

The wellness visit went well and he is a healthy, growing baby.  He measured 14 pounds, 10 ounces, a 16" head circumference and 24-3/4" tall.  He had no problems with the doctor checking him out and was his happy self.  Then, the nurse came in and everything changed.  First she gave him an oral vaccination.  I remember when Asher had that vaccine and he loved it, drinking it all in.  Avery on the other hand hated it and started screaming and trying to spit it out.  I had to hold him while the nurse attempted to get as much of the medicine in him as she could.  Then came the shots...three of them.  With Asher, he got the first poke and held his breath until she was all done, then he screamed his little head off.  Avery, already upset from the oral vaccine, screamed right from the get-go and was one VERY unhappy little dude!  When the shots were done, it took me another good 10-15 minutes to get him calmed down so that we could go.  Eventually, I did calm him down and nurse him and then he fell asleep for a couple of hours while I did some shopping and got a couple of things done at home.  When he woke up though, he was very unhappy again.  I spent a good chunk of the afternoon up in the nursery rocking my little man and singing him to sleep.



Since he really wasn't a happy guy for the rest of the day, I decided not to torture him more with his monthly photos.  Instead, I decided to wait until the next day.  Unfortunately, since Asher was home that I day, I didn't have a chance to the photo shoot until right before bed, and although Avery was in a good mood, he looks exhausted in his photos.

















Although I like the calendar photos, I've decided to take some with this frog as well.  I didn't do that for Asher, but it was hard compare how much he grew.  Unfortunately I didn't get one for Avery's 1 month, so these will be the "unofficial" monthly photos! :)


& since I had the camera out, I decided to get a few more pictures of him in the owl costume before it gets stored away again.











The rest of the week (or actually 2 1/2 days) was pretty uneventful.  As I said, Monday was wellness visit + unhappy baby snuggles, and Tuesday was a day home with both of my boys.
I took this picture of Asher on Monday morning.  He was sitting on his bed and pretending to drive a train saying "choo chop!"

We had pudding for dessert again on Monday night.  Pudding+Toddler=Big Mess!

Asher spent a good deal of time "bacuuming" the basement on Tuesday

A MUCH happier boy on Tuesday!


Finally, on Wednesday we headed to Michigan for Thanksgiving weekend after lunch.  To kill some time before that, Asher, Avery and I headed to church to play with some of our friends for a bit.
Alex, Asher & Jaxson

Addison, Alex & Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment