Saturday, November 7, 2015

A Team Week 57: Daily Memories

This week was another week of fun with our favorite little kiddos.  During the work week we had fun, memorable moments intermixed with the day to day chaos of everyday life.  Then on the weekend we had a great time Truck or Treating in Crystal Lake with my family...

October 19: Asher was at daycare and I was at work.  He built a small tower that he decided he wanted to show me before it got knocked down.  So, his caretaker sent me a picture of him with his tower and upon receiving it, I sent a picture of me back with what I was working on.
Asher with his creation.

Me with mine (well my model...my boss' design)

October 20: Tonight we had bible study...which meant we needed a quick dinner...which meant sandwiches.  I asked Asher what kind of sandwich he wanted for dinner while we drove home.  First he said he wanted a salami sandwich.  Then, he changed his mind and decided that he wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  When we arrived home I clarified with him that he still wanted a PBJ.  His response was that he wanted peanut butter and jelly with salami.  I tried to reason with him that those were two different types of sandwiches and you don't mix them, but he insisted that that was what he wanted....so....that is what he got, and he ate the whole thing!  Then he started singing the Peanut Butter Jelly Time song, but changed the words to 'Peanut Butter Lami Time'.  :)

October 21: Wednesday was my day off, but unlike sleeping in a bit like we typically do, we were up very early due to a power outage.  In the wee hours of the morning the power went off and the house made a beeping noise which woke Asher and scared him.  After that, it continued to come on and go back off a few times between the hours of 4 and 7am, meaning that none of use slept well during that time.  Still, we were able to have a good day home together.

That morning, as I got Asher dressed, we had a memorable conversation:
Asher: We go to church in a little bit?
Me: Yeah, maybe.
Asher: Is Jesus gonna be there?
Me: Yes, because Jesus lives in our hearts and the bible says when two or more Christians gather, Jesus is there.
Asher: Jesus lives in my heart?
Me: Well, you can ask him to live in your heart.
Asher: (pushing on his chest) Can I squish him?

Homemade Caramel Apple Spice while enjoying the peace & quiet of afternoon naps!

Wednesday was also Back to the Future Day (October 21, 2015: The day Marty McFly goes to the future in BttF 2).  When Asher got up from his nap, I was in the middle of some things, so to celebrate the special day I let him play with Eric's Back to the Future Delorean Lego car.  Asher was thrilled!

As Asher played, I worked at my computer.  Then as Asher and I were just looking at it (doing nothing) it all of a sudden went to a black and white stripped screen and all I could do was force it to shut down via the power button.  Asher looked at me and said, "your puter got dead!  We need to get you a new puter!"

When Avery had woken up from his nap, we headed off to Meijer together to get some groceries and diapers.  Both boys were very good and in silly moods.  Quite entertaining! :)
Silly Boys looking at the ceiling while they ride the cart around Meijer.
Avery and Asher watching our Tator Tots cook in the oven.

October 22: On Thursday Asher got a taste of his own medicine as the boys continue learning to share.  Asher isn't great at sharing and isn't impressed when his little brother plays with his toys (or even looks at them for that matter).  Often, if Avery comes close to something that Asher doesn't want him to have he will push Avery away.  While this is not acceptable in our household, I admit that it continues to happen quite often and we continue to work on it.  On Thursday morning though, Asher was the one that was pushed. That morning, as I sat on the floor helping Asher get his shoes on for the day, he snuggled into my lap.  At that moment Avery (who continues to be my little mommas boy) came over and not wanting to share his mommy proceeded to push Asher off my lap!  While I wasn't thrilled that Avery had learned this behavior I also couldn't help but smile inside.  Asher asked why he pushed him and I told him that he had learned to do that from him!  Every time that Asher doesn't want to share something and pushes Avery away only tells Avery that it is acceptable behavior.  I told Asher that if he didn't want to be pushed, then he had to make sure he wasn't pushing either.  I can't say lesson learned, but it does seem to be a little better these days.

October 23: On Friday we enjoyed our family night celebrating the end of the work week by enjoying dinner at Cheddars and a little time at Target afterwards.  Our dinner was tasty, but took WAY TOO LONG.  Thankfully though the kids loved looking at the fish tank while we waited to be seated.
Avery pointed at the fish!  He loved them and squealed with glee as he watched them swim around!


Video: Avery Watching the Fish in Delight

While we were at Target, the boys enjoyed modeling some silly hats for me, while I tried to get a few final touches to put together Asher's halloween costume (which I stayed up late that evening making/finishing!).

One of my little minions.


Arrrrrr..
October 24: Saturday was Truck or Treating day in Crystal Lake.  After a quick breakfast we headed over there to enjoy some Trucks and candy with Aaron, Erika, Micah, Caleb, Hudson, Mom and Dad.
While I was getting us ready to leave, I snuck some fruit/veggie squeezies into the diaper bag, hoping Avery didn't see me put them in there.  Apparently though he did and as soon as I had my back turned he proceeded to pull the diaper bag off the bench and dig through it until he found what he wanted. When I told him that we weren't eating those now, he wasn't impressed.

Super Asher & I heading off to Truck or Treat.  (Asher in the costume that I made last minute after trying for weeks to convince myself that I could just buy a costume...I couldn't do it.)

Hudson the truck driver.


Our little froggy (a borrowed costume from A&E)



Although Asher tends to be shy, it didn't take him long to warm up to the idea of asking strangers for candy!





Micah the policeman













When we had finished Truck or Treating, they also had some small games set up that we headed inside to warm up and play.












Cousins! (Spiderman, Policeman, Froggy, Tigger & Super Asher)







Finally, it was time to leave, but instead of heading home we headed over for a pizza lunch at Aaron and Erika's after taking one last picture with Grandma and Papa.


Avery loving Hudson's car.
Avery & Papa

Asher said he didnt want to sleep on the way home, but eventually he just couldn't help himself.  Too.Much.Fun!  :)
Video: Introduction to Christmas Lights
On Saturday afternoon, the boys went to Menards and Eric introduced Avery to Christmas lights.


October 25: Finally it was Sunday and our week was wrapping up.  We spent a lazy day at home together resting up and playing...that is how we roll!
When I couldn't find Avery on Sunday morning, I looked around and eventually found him sitting in the dark bathroom by himself eating banana bread and holding Asher's colored paper.

Nothing is cuter than two little guys in capes!  :)

Avery playing in the leaves on Sunday afternoon.



The boys checking out the pumpkin guts.  Asher wanted nothing to do with them, but Avery was quite interested.



Maybe a little too interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment