The week between Christmas and New Years is always strange. At that point, Christmas is over, but not quite. Daycare is still closed and there is still the fun of new things to play with, yummy foods to eat and more celebrations to have with other family. At the same time though, there is work to be done and a house that is in utter chaos. That pretty much sums up this week...
On Monday (the day after Christmas) Eric and I were both off from work, so we all enjoyed a VERY lazy day home together and stayed in our pajamas for pretty much the ENTIRE day! We had fun reading new books and playing with new toys while also attempting to begin the undertaking of getting the house back in order.
 |
| One of the first things Asher wanted to do on Monday morning was put together one of the dinosaurs for his new Light Pegs (like Legos but they light up) from Grandma & Papa. It took us a while, but we eventually got it together and he was pretty excited about it! |
On Tuesday, I had to go back to work for the day while the boys stayed home together. When I got back home I found all three of them sitting at the dining room table lit with candlelight waiting for me with a delicious dinner that they made for me together! <3
 |
| My first day back to work after Christmas started off quite hectic as I literally tore the house apart looking for my keys and then found that Asher had left a light on in my van which killed the battery. |
 |
| Movie time with my boys after dinner. |
On Wednesday, Eric went to work while I stayed with the boys, but we didn't stay at home. Instead, we headed South to our friends the Petersens' home where our other friends Britni, Theo and Lilou also met us for some fun time catching up, playing and eating lunch together.
 |
| Avery showing me how terrifying his new dinosaur can be! |
On Wednesday night, Grammy and Gramps arrived at our home and then on Thursday they hung around Kenosha with Eric and the boys while I headed back to work for another day.
 |
| Asher & Grammy brushing their teeth together |
 |
| Avery and Grammy Selfie. |
 |
| Breakfast at Frank's Diner. |
 |
| The waiter (who we have experienced before and acts like he works at Ed Debevic's) apparently came to the table and asked them if they wanted to hear his kid's joke: "What is green and red and spins round and round?"..."a frog in a blender". Asher couldn't wait to tell me that joke that night! |
 |
| Asher & Gramps looking at the Mammoth exhibit at the Kenosha Museum. |
 |
| The boys spinning Grammy's change in the coin tornado. |
After I got done with work on Thursday, I met everyone else at Hu Hot for dinner and then we all headed back home to celebrate Christmas one last time with Eric's parents. The boys were super excited to open more presents and as I watched their excitement grow I also quickly realized how greedy they had become over the course of the week. The week prior they were elated by a box of random sweets and a couple of books and now after opening several presents even my littlest monster had gone from slowly and carefully opening presents to tearing them into shreds, quickly looking at the contents and then asking for "mo tesents?" Even so, we had a great time sharing gifts with one another as I made my best attempts to continually remind our boys to be thankful and grateful for all they were blessed with!
 |
| Avery got a real Michigan football from Auntie Julie, Uncle Dave, Emmett & Olive. He LOVES it!! |
 |
| Eric's got a great idea...and a new (smart) light bulb. ;) |
 |
| I must be old. I got a seat cushion (which I wanted) from Rob & Negin...Rob & Negin my butt thanks you! :P |
 |
| Grammy and Gramps got the boys Huge matching Ninja Turtle coloring books. ...they have become our new tradition of coloring after work/daycare in from top the heat vent as we wait for Daddy to get home. |
 |
| Avery likes the stars in his new book. |
 |
| You might think that Asher is looking at these new PJs like "Great...New PJs...Next present please," but you would be wrong. Actually his response was (and I quote) "New Footie Pajamas!!!! I always wanted these!!!" And he continued to run into his room and put them on. |
 |
| Happy boy in his new jammies. |
 |
| Grammy with her new oven mit from the boys. |
 |
| Avery chillin' with his sippy. |
 |
| Asher got a REAL tool belt and safety glasses for Christmas!! |
 |
| What a little stud! |
 |
| Asher filling is tool belt with all his new tools. |
 |
| Avery playing with my new batter dispenser! The boys think it is great fun...I can't wait to finally make some muffins or cupcakes! |
 |
| This picture didn't turn out great, but I love Asher's cheesy smile in the background. |
 |
| Avery got some new safety glasses too! |
 |
| Hugs for Grammy! <3 |
 |
| Grammy and Gramps and the boys with the mugs the boys made for them this year. |
 |
| The 2017 Migrin Calendar...one of these days I'll get mine made too! |
 |
| Everyone enjoying the calendar. |
 |
| The boys and I with our stockings. |
 |
| Asher building a tower with my new kitchen storage containers...My tupperware cabinet has never looked so good! |
Video: Stacking Toy
Avery got a stacking toy for Christmas like Grammy's stacking Santas that he loves. He loves these too and now plays with them most mornings while he waits for Eric and I to let him get up for the day.
Video: More Presents!
"Mo Tesents" + Hugs & Kisses for Grammy & Gramps
On Friday our week of chaos continued and even ramped up a bit as we spent the morning with Grammy and Gramps, packed for the U.P., lunched at Qdoba and then headed North to spend New Year's with Grandma and Papa. It was a pretty good week, but my plans for relaxing were completely tossed out the window!
 |
| Asher picked the Smiley Face emoji donut at Meijer... |
 |
| Avery on the other hand, picked the "poopy" donut. ...yes, they had the Poop Emoji too! |
 |
| Avery working on his new block puzzle with Grammy. |
 |
| Modeling Gramps' shoes. |
 |
| A family picture before we all headed out. |
 |
| Asher and Grammy enjoying their Qdoba together. |
No comments:
Post a Comment