The second trimester of my pregnancy was fairly uneventful with a few 'highlights' scattered here and there...
- I found some adorable Michigan shoes on clearance at Meijer for baby!
- During this time, the restless legs continued but they were much worse the first half of this trimester than the second. To help me through the craze of restless legs, I have gotten into the habit of placing a heat wrap on my lower bag every night and also using a cream that I found online that seems to actually work (or maybe just a placebo?).
- After another good check-up I texted Eric at a stop light telling him that OM (Optimus Megatron) was doing well. A second later I looked over to see Bumblebee right next to me!
- As the summer progressed, unfortunately swelling in my body did as well. I had to take my rings off fairly early on (which was an event in and of itself) to make sure that I wouldn't have to cut them off down the road.
- I gave into my cravings...

I was debating whether or not to go downstairs and get myself a Klondike bar. Then I checked the forecast for the week. I guess it is meant to be
😂
😋
- I finally took some bump pictures (unlike my weekly pictures with Asher & Avery).
- I felt the baby move early on one time but then did not feel 'him' move again for several weeks. Finally at around 21 weeks I began to feel the baby move again and ever since then 'he' has been the most active baby we've had.
- Just before I turned 22 weeks, we had my mid-pregnancy ultrasound in Racine (since I am now considered "old" to have a baby) and got to see our little peanut again ('he' didn't cooperate to get any good pictures or views)...
- My nausea remained basically nonexistent from the first trimester up until about week 23. Then for a few weeks I felt nauseous most of the time, with one day even throwing up inside of my lunch bag because I was driving in my van and that was the only thing I had handy to keep from vomiting all over my vehicle. Since that time, the nausea has just come here and there and I've learned that for some reason drinking lemonade seems to help.
- During every pregnancy I've had, bloody noses have been a problem. This pregnancy has been no different and with the combination of increased blood in my body and allergy season, I believe it has been even worse this time around. One day I had just finished up talking to my boss (who thankfully had just left my office) when I knew that I was about to sneeze. I quickly grabbed a kleenex, but while I was able to get it in front of my face before I sneezed I did not have enough time to do a good job of covering my nose. I let out a big sneeze and then looked down at my desk and computer to find that I had sneezed blood all over my desk, monitor and keyboard! It looked like a crime scene and I was VERY happy that no one else was around to see the horrifying results. Another night I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep. Since it was allergy season, my nose was like a faucet running and I thought nothing of it. After using several kleenexes to blow my nose, the moonlight in my room caught a kleenex at just the right moment for me to see that it was not just a runny, allergy-ridden nose, but rather a bloody nose. This explained why it just wouldn't stop and also made for a large mess of kleenexes in my bedroom!
- The first weekend in October (25 1/2 Weeks) we headed up north for my mom's retirement celebration weekend. With an aching back and restless legs I opted to sit in the middle seat of the van with the seat reclined a bit and my feet both up on the arm rests of the passenger seat in front of me. The thought of only one last time to travel (Thanksgiving) before baby comes made me very happy.
- On Friday October 19th (27 Weeks) I took my 1 hour glucose test and just like with both of the boys, I failed. :(
- Two days later, as we neared week 28 and the end of my Last Second Trimester, we finally got around to taking our final baby Under Construction photo.
![]() |
| My glucose test and the inefficiency of the hospital lab allowed me to get a couple of hours of reading done. I might actually finish this book before the baby arrives. |
So as you know by now Eric and I opted yet again to NOT find out the gender of our little peanut (even though I would almost bet my life that it is another boy!). Thus, everyone will have to wait until January to find out what we are having, but until then here are the results of the Old Wives' Tales gender prediction tests...
Asher (prediction #1), Avery (prediction #2), Peanut (prediction #3)
Old Wives' Tales:
http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/gender-predictor/old-wives-tales/70198.html
1. Rumor has it that if you are carrying your baby high, it's a girl. Carrying low? Stock up on blue. I have such a small torso that I think it is always hard to tell. With Asher I guessed high and with Avery I guessed low. I'm gonna guess low again this time, but I really am not sure. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
2. Similar tales say if you carry in front, you've got yourself a little boy, and if you expand horizontally, it's a girl. With Asher, everyone told me I was all in front. With Avery Eric told me (very cautiously) that I looked like I was pregnant from behind. With this baby I feel wider, but in general I feel large in all directions.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
3. Legends say that if you are having a little girl, she'll steal your beauty. So, if you've got acne and other not-so-pretty skin blemishes, you've got a little princess coming your way. Dry hands and cold feet are signs of a boy. So, if you've got these ailments, break out the baby blue.
With Asher, I had great skin, but no dryness. With Avery, my hands were very dry, but I also had a few small pimples (which is uncommon for me). This time I again have had a few small pimples..
Prediction #1: Boy/Girl?? (Inconclusive), Prediction #2: Boy/Girl?? (Inconclusive), Prediction #3: Girl
4. Take off your wedding ring, tie it to a piece of string, and hang it over your belly. If it swings in a circle, you are promised a boy; back and forth indicates a girl. I never tried this with Asher, but for this baby, I got back and forth.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl, Prediction #3: Boy
5. The mom-to-be is required to pee in a cup, and mix in a tablespoon of Drano. If the liquid turns green, you're having a girl. Blue? You guessed it. It's a boy. A safer version of this experiment uses baking soda. If the mixture fizzles, it's a boy. If it doesn't, you've got yourself a girl!
This is gross and TMI for a blog. I am not going to try it and wouldn't tell the world if I did.
6. Your baby's heart rate might be an indicator of its gender. If your little one's heart rate is under 140 beats per minute, you're having a little boy. If it's over, get ready for your little girl! I think that Asher was always above 140, and Avery ranged from 162-142 (at least the first half). This baby has also been in the upper 140s and 150s each time I've gone in so far. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
7. Craving sweets? According to some, that means your going to have a little girl. Salty and sour cravings indicate a boy.
With Asher, this held pretty true. I craved Sour Skittles and nachos from Qdoba, with no more interest in sweets than I would normally have. With Avery, I couldn't eat anything salty or I deeply regret it afterwards and I am LOVED chocolate, cinnamon crunch bagels, ice cream and other candies for my stand-bys when those were not at hand. This time I seem to mostly be craving sour candies and a little saltiness, with the occasional sweet thrown in.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
8. Chinese birth charts use your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the sex of your baby.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
8. Chinese birth charts use your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the sex of your baby.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
9. The Mayans used a similar method. They looked at your age at conception and the year your baby was conceived. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one is even and one is odd, oh baby — it's a boy!
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
10. Has your spouse been indulging in your pregnancy cravings, too? If your hubby packs on a little sympathy weight, the tales say you're in for a sugary-sweet little girl.
Eric has pretty much been the same size and weight since I met him 14 years ago.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy
11. Actually, morning sickness means pink. If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. If you sail through your pregnancy with nary an upset stomach, it's blue all the way.
With both Asher and Avery I had a lot of nausea in the first trimester. With this baby I have had almost none.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3 (Boy)
12. If you've got a preggo friend, try this little experiment on her. Place a key in front of her and ask her to pick it up. If she grabs it by the narrow part, she'll have a sweet little girl. If she picks it up by the round part, she'll have an adorable little boy. With the boys, I didn't actually try this, but I was pretty sure I knew what I would do; pick it up by the round end (If you picked it up at the other end, the key is rendered useless.) I did try this with this baby and picked it up by the narrow part but that may be because the key was on a keyring.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Girl
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a28444349/51_gender_prediction_wives_tales
13. You can find out the sex by going off of your parent's kids and the order. If you are the first born, you will have what your mother had but starting with her second child. If you are the middle child, you will have what she said, but starting with the third child. If you are the last child, you will have what your mother had in the exact order.
I am the youngest (of two). My mom had a boy and then a girl.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Inconclusive
14. The person that is most aggressive in bed at the time of conception is the opposite of what the baby will be.
Again TMI, no comment.
15. If your legs get really big, you're having a boy. If your legs stay in shape and lean, it's a girl.
Well, my legs have never really been "in shape & lean". With Asher they swelled up greatly (especially below the knees) toward the end of my pregnancy. With Avery they did not swell as bad but my legs will never be small. With this baby they are already swollen and seem huge.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Boy.
16. If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. Your pregnancy will make you smile and be more happy if you are having a boy because there's a little penis inside you.
With Asher I was happier than I am normally (not pregnant). With Avery my emotions and anxiety have been much more of a struggle. So far this time around I think I've been pretty normal (although Eric might say otherwise)
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
17. If you eat the ends of bread, it's a boy. If you eat the middle of the load, it's a girl.
Although I will eat the ends of bread, I'd prefer the middle...who wouldn't?
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
18. Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl steals the mother's beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy.
With Asher I did feel like I was glowing. I felt proud of my bump and beautiful, even though I cringe at many of the pictures now when I look back at them (at least the ones toward the end of my pregnancy). With Avery and this baby I was/am MUCH more self conscious feeling fat and not my normal self.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
19. If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. If you dream about having a girl, it will be a boy. Dreams show the opposite of what you are having.
With Asher I dreamt of a little girl with curly light brown/dark blonde hair. I ended up with a little boy with curly light brown/dark blonde hair. With Avery I have had plenty of strange dreams, but none that I recall about the baby. With this baby I don't recall any dreams about him or her.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Inconclusive
20. If the pregnant woman is graceful throughout her pregnancy, she's having a girl. If she becomes clumsy, she's having a boy.
"Graceful" isn't typically a word that is used to describe anyone in my family and that has carried through with my life and my pregnancies.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
21. If a toddler boy expresses interest in a pregnant woman, she is having a girl. If he doesn't show interest, she's having a boy.
I can't remember any real interest shown by any toddlers during any of my pregnancies.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
22. If a pregnant woman prefers to lay on her left side, she's having a boy. If she prefers resting on her right side, she's having a girl.
With Asher I almost always laid on my right side,. With Avery I did both but laid on my left a lot more than with Asher. With this baby it is about the same as Avery.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
23. When the pregnant woman is asked to show her hands, it's a boy if she keeps her palms down and a girl if she shows her palms up.
This one is kind of dumb. I can't do it now, because I've already read it and that would affect the results. I really think it depends on how the question is asked though. My guess is that I would show the tops of my hands though, so I will mark them both as boy.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
24. If a pregnant woman's left breast is larger than the right breast, she's having a girl. If the right breast is larger, it's a boy.
Again TMI, no comment.
25. Have someone hold a necklace over your hand. If the necklace swings back and forth, it's a boy. If it moves in a circle, it's a girl.
I never tried this with Asher, but for this baby, I got circles.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl, Prediction #2: Girl
26. 71% of the time, the mom-to-be knows what she is having.
With Asher I think I always knew it was a boy. With Avery I had a pretty strong feeling it was a girl (at least in the first half). This time, I am pretty sure Peanut is a boy.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
27. If your areolae have darkened, it's a boy.
Again TMI, no comment.
28. When a pregnant woman craves meat and cheese, count on a boy.
With Asher, I don't recall craving mea but with Avery I did. This time I haven't really craved meats and cheeses in general but I have craved Italian Beef Sandwiches.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
29. If the hair on your legs has been growing at record speeds, you might be having a boy.
I'm not sure I can really comment on my legs specifically, but with Asher it seemed like my hair in general stopped growing and falling out, but was rich and full. This time and with Avery, my hair is continuing to grow and fall out at a normal rate.
Prediction #1: Girl?? (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy?? (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy??
30. What color is your pee? If it is bright yellow, you will have a little boy. If your urine is a dull yellow, plan on a girl.
Again TMI, no comment.
31. Do you feel like your nose is growing and getting wider? If so, you might be having a boy.
I have never had that thought during either pregnancy.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
32. If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy.
For all of my pregnancies I had pretty awful headaches throughout the first trimester and this time they have continued into my second trimester.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
33. It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particularly baby.
When I heard the name Asher and Eric and I agreed that we loved the name and it's meaning, I think I knew that God would give us our blessing (although we did have a girl's name selected as well). With Avery and this baby we had and are having a tough time coming up with another boy name.
time around, we still like our old girl's name, but are having trouble finding another boy name.
time around, we still like our old girl's name, but are having trouble finding another boy name.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
34. When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you're going to have a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it's a boy.
Again, this one just goes to swelling I think. Toward the end of my pregnancy with Asher my face was definitely fuller and rounder, as was pretty much every other party of me. With Avery I don't think I've changed much. This time I feel fuller and rounder basically everywhere.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Girl
35. If a pregnant woman eats a clove of garlic and the smell does not come out of her pores, it's a girl. If the smell seeps out of her pores, it's a boy.
Didn't try this. Eating a clove of garlic doesn't seem like a terrible idea, as I love garlic, but I think Eric might not be thrilled about my doing it.
36. The eye test is when a V or branches appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye. If you see a V or branches in the white part, you're having a girl.
I never did this with Asher, but for this pregnancy (if I'm understanding what "branches" are), I have them.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl, Prediction #3: Boy
37. This tale only applies if you have had previous kids. If you have and that child's first word was momma, you will have a girl. If your first child's first word was dadda, you'll have a boy.
Asher's first word was Mama, although he had no idea what he was saying. Avery's was as well.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/babypost/predict-your-baby-gender_b_4242748.html1.
38. What about your linea nigra... does it extend up to your ribcage? If so, it's a boy. If it stops at your navel, it's a girl.
For those of you wondering what a "linea nigra" is, it is the line that appears up your stomach during pregancy. For Asher and Avery, my line extended past my belly button up to my rib cage. So far with this pregnancy, it is non-existant...but I don't recall when it appeared last time.
Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
39. Try looking at yourself in a mirror for at least a minute -- if your pupils dilate, it's a boy; if not, it's a girl.
I never tried this for Asher, but this time around I didn't see any dilation.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl, Prediction #3: Girl
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/my-baby/gender-prediction/wives-tales/#page=2
40. A child tends to be of the same sex as the parent who is less stressed at the time of conception.
Since I am typically the one that is more stressed most of the time, I would guess it is me for all pregnancies.
Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
Alice Ehlert
41. An elderly woman in my church once told me that if my first child's hair swirl (not sure what it is called) is in the center, then the next child will be a girl. If it is off to the side, you will have a boy next. Obviously this gives no clues to Asher, but since his "swirl" is off to the side, then this baby should be a boy.
Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Boy, Prediction #3: Boy
2. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
3. Prediction #1: Boy/Girl?? (Inconclusive), Prediction #2: Boy/Girl?? (Inconclusive), Prediction #3: Girl
4. Prediction #1: Boy/Girl?? Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect)
5. N/A
6. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
7. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
8. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
9. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
10. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy
11. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3 (Boy)
12. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Girl
13. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Inconclusive
14. N/A
15. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Boy.
16. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
17. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
18. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
19. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Inconclusive
20. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
21. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
22. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
23. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
24. N/A
25. Prediction #1: Boy/Girl?? Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
26. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
27. N/A
28. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
29. Prediction #1: Girl?? (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Boy?? (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy??
30. N/A
31. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3
32. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Boy
33. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
34. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Inconclusive, Prediction #3: Girl
35. N/A
36. Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Boy
37. Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl
38. Prediction #1: Boy (Correct), Prediction #2: Boy (Correct), Prediction #3: Girl
39. Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect)
40. Prediction #1: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #2: Girl (Incorrect), Prediction #3: Girl
41. Prediction #1: Inconclusive, Prediction #2: Boy, Prediction #3: Boy
Based on the Old Wives' Tales Asher should have been a boy (which was obviously correct, Avery should be a girl and 'Peanut' should be a boy.
Asher: Girl (13), Boy (17)
Avery: Girl (20), Boy (12)
'Peanut': Girl (12), Boy (20)
'Peanut': Girl (12), Boy (20)
Based on the Old Wives' Tales that correctly picked Asher to be a boy, 'Peanut' should be a boy.
'Peanut': Girl (3), Boy (10)
Based on the Old Wives' Tales that correctly picked Avery to be a boy, 'Peanut' should be a boy.
'Peanut': Girl (0), Boy (11)
Based on the Old Wives' Tales that correctly picked Asher AND Avery to be boys, 'Peanut' should be a boy.
'Peanut': Girl (1), Boy (6)


















No comments:
Post a Comment