![]() |
| Last year when I first got Mom and I these aprons I thought they made me look pregnant. This year that really appeared to be the case!! :P #cookieweekend2018 #motherdaughterbonding #8months🤰#thiscookieisalmostdone |
Since I was 8 months pregnant and couldn't spend much time on my feet, I made myself a work station with a rolling office chair. It worked so well, I might even keep doing it in the coming years with no bun in the oven.
About mid way through the day I had to take a picture of the kitchen to show Eric. Not only were we making amazing progress through our cookie list, but the kitchen was still quite clean and organized!
That evening when Eric was done with work he picked up the boys and brought them home giving us two little cookie helpers...
The next morning, the baking continued as we finished up the items on our list.
Instead of having the boys help us with cookies this morning, I allowed them to make some cut-out cookies (with store-bought dough) on their own...just for them. We cut out the shapes, baked the cookies and then the boys went crazy covering them with mounds of colored frosting and sprinkles.
When the boys were finished with their cookies and my mom and I were finished with ours, we cleaned up the kitchen and then got ready for the next phase of our annual Cookie Weekend: Visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shop with the rest of the Klingenmaier family.
When we were finished with lunch at Portillo's and visiting Santa at Bass Pro Shop we all headed to Chick-fil-A for some playtime and dessert to celebrate Gabe's birthday before heading home. The kids had a shocking good time in the play place (Literally. The static electricity was visible and painful) and the adults enjoyed some quiet visiting while they played.
![]() |
| Our crazy family. <3 |
![]() |
| Little stinker got 2 desserts...the cookie he wanted AND a bunch of Uncle Aaron's shake that he kept "sneaking" from me...thinking he was really getting away with something. |
Finally, on Sunday we finished out the week by plating all of the cookies we made and then delivering them to our neighbors.




















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment