This year we headed up North again for Easter weekend along with Aaron, Erika and the kids. To save on gas money, we all piled into one minivan and made the 4 hour trek. I can't say that the drive was something that I was really looking forward to, but it worked out fine (tight squeezed, but fine). The hardest part was the fact that Emma really had no where for her to lay down, so she spent a good portion of the drive on my lap (and the other portion hanging out with Uncle Meat Fingers and Auntie Erika). We got home at about 10:30, chatted with Mom & Dad and then headed to bed. On Saturday we had a very full day. First, we headed over to the Nadeau park for the Lions Club Easter Egg Hunt....
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Emma.JPG) |
| Emma, there is something on your face... |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Micah,+Caleb+&+Erika.JPG) |
| Erika, Micah & Caleb on the Hunt. |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Micah.JPG) |
| Micah with the bunny he won! |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Micah.JPG) |
| Cheese! |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Caleb.JPG) |
| Caleb on his own egg hunt. |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Caleb.JPG) |
| I found one! |
+Nadeau+Easter+Egg+Hunt+-Caleb.JPG) |
| Caleb & Ebony |
After the egg hunt, we headed back home for some rest...meaning a nap for me and some time outside for Emma & Eric...although Eric would have enjoyed the nap too if Emma hadn't been so antsy.
In the afternoon the Smiths, Strietzels and Klingenmaiers came over for some visiting and dinner. It was great to see them all and catch up...not to mention great to eat Mom's yummy Rigatoni and Aaron's Birthday Angel Food Cake! :)
On Easter morning, we hung out at home before church. I was tempted to go to the Sunrise service since Bono wasn't letting me sleep, but I figured Eric wouldn't be overly thrilled if I woke him up and made him go with me. Once everyone else got up, I (the Easter Bunny's assistant) hid some eggs for Micah to find in the house, and then observed as he searched for them. The last one was hard to find (in the Q-Tip jar), so I had to give him some help. I knew it would be a bit tough for a 2 year old to find (who can't even see the top of the counter), but the Easter Bunny ALWAYS hid eggs there when I was a kid, so I thought it was only appropriate! :) Once all of the eggs were found, the Easter Bunny's other helpers (Mom & Dad) gave us some baskets of goodies that they found for us....that Easter Bunny is so nice! :)
+Easter+Weekend+at+Home+-Caleb+&+Erika.JPG) |
| Erika & Caleb with Caleb's basket...or at least it was Caleb's basket until Micah got ahold of it. He decided that he wanted the Thomas pillow instead of the Mater pillow, and it's not like Caleb is old enough to argue yet. |
+Easter+Weekend+at+Home+-Micah.JPG) |
| Micah-very excited about his new pillow. |
+Easter+Weekend+at+Home+-Caleb+&+Erika.JPG) |
| Erika & Caleb checking out his goodies |
+Easter+Weekend+at+Home+-Eric,+Aaron+&+Micah.JPG) |
| Micah checking out Caleb's goodies. For some reason everything in Caleb's basket was more appealing to Micah than the stuff in his one. Go figure. |
+Easter+Weekend+at+Home+-Eric+&+I.JPG) |
| Eric & I got a basket too and even more surprising was the Bono also got his/her first basket with some fun goodies in it! Lucky Baby! :) |
Once the excitement of baskets was over, Grandma took the opportunity to spend a little time snuggling with her boys before church.
Eventually, we all had to get ready for Easter Sunday church and headed there (late as usual for the Klingenmaiers), but we did make it before the cantata started (which was great). It is always amazing to me that such a small town can have such great musical talent!
When church was over (& we were able to quickly catch up with a bunch of the CEFCers that we rarely see, we finished off the day at Bonnie's house in Menominee with a lovely Easter lunch, and then we piled back into the car and headed home. It was a great weekend, filled to the brim with family, friends, food and fun!
+Easter+Weekend+Up+North.jpg) |
April 7-8, 2012: This weekend Eric and I went home with Aaron, Erika & the kids to enjoy Easter with Mom & Dad. It was a short weekend, but we made the most of it by enjoying an Easter Egg Hunt at the Nadeau park, catching up on some rest, updating mom’s iPad (finally), visiting with the Smiths, Klingenmaiers and Strietzels, playing some Michigan Rummy, eating Aaron’s birthday cake, enjoying Easter service and the cantata, and enjoying Easter lunch in Menominee. We had a really great time, and couldn’t help but reflect on how much better this Easter was from the year
before. We are so blessed to have such great friends and family to share the weekend with and even more blessed to have a Savior that loves us and was willing to die for us. It was a Happy Easter indeed!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment