Wednesday, April 18, 2012

2 Down, 1 To Go

I cannot believe that my 2nd Trimester is already over!  Although July still seems far away, it is hard to believe that I have already gone through more than 28 weeks of my pregnancy.  I cannot wait for the baby to come, and yet I know that my personal time and time with alone with Eric is limited, so I am trying to make the most of the time I have left.  Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for us to be a family, but after being married for almost 10 years I do worry a little about the changes coming up.

As I think back on the past 2 trimesters, there are a couple of things that I wanted to write down just so that I don't forget:
1. Cravings: Sour Skittles, cheese popcorn, Mexican, guacamole, and New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream.
2. I get a kick out of watching my belly bounce around.
3. I now know that I will see my belly button again, as it is currently on its way to the other side.

I have also thought a lot about what kind of mom I hope to be, which has caused me to think about the things that my parents did for me, causing me to come up with a sort-of Parenting Bucket List:
1. I will cut my kid's sandwiches into cute cookie-cutter shapes.
2. I will set up "camp" under the dining room table.
3. I will help my kids to think creatively.
4. I will let them drink from the "special" glasses once in a while.
5. I will have brownies for dinner some night.
6. I will have family board game night.
7. I will snuggle with my kids for movie night.
8. I will make their birthdays special and memorable for them.
9. I will make cookies with them.
10. I will give them lots of hugs & kisses.
11. I will leave my kids fun notes, send them cute packages and give them random surprises once in a while.

If you have any additional ideas for me, let me know.  I admit that I have never been great with kids and as July gets closer, I feel the need to grab onto any parenting ideas that I can, so that I can be the best mom I can be...I also admit that it is a bit intimidating being married to a man, who I am convinced will be the best daddy ever.

Finally, to wrap up these (very random) thoughts, I will close with my recap of the 2nd Trimester:
01.07.12-Week 14. The Belly is really starting to pop!
01.15.12-Week 15.  I went shopping with Mom & got my first bundle of maternity clothes
01.22.12-It is still hard to believe that there is a baby in there...but oh so exciting!
01.28.12-17 Weeks!
02.05-06.12-This week (the 5th) we felt Bono move for the first time while watching LOTR.  Then (the 6th) we got to have our big ultrasound.  It was so awesome to see our little baby wiggling around and get some more detailed pictures.
02.11.12-19 Weeks!
02.19-20.12-This week we announced our BIG news to the world of Facebook.  It was fun to come up with an idea that was personal to us.
02.26.12-21 Weeks!
03.04.12-22 Weeks!
03.10-12.12-23 Weeks!
03.18.12-24 Weeks!
03.25-26.12-On top of celebrating 25 Weeks, this week we got to visit with Eric’s parents who helped us get some things ready for the baby to come, and also brought our new family friendly vehicle
04.01.12-26 Weeks!
04.06-09.12-This week we got to celebrate Easter (a much happier time than last year), show off our Nursery progress & celebrate the end of the 2nd Trimester!


No comments:

Post a Comment