When week three began, I dreaded the fact that Eric would be heading back to work very soon. Although, I felt like things were getting slightly easier, I was also terrified by the idea of taking care of Asher on my own. Eric and I were also pretty bummed by him going back to work, as we had really enjoyed the two weeks that we had together as a family, simply enjoying life together at home. Here is a look at how the week went:
July 14, 2012:
+Baby+Life+-Emma+&+I.JPG) |
| Emma & I enjoying a much-needed nap. |
July 15, 2012: Today, we took Asher to church for the first time. The outing went well, but everyone needed a little rest afterwards.
July 16, 2012: Today was my first day on my own with Asher. It went surprisingly well. We had a couple of visitors in the morning, Eric came home to see us at lunch, and then we got some naps in the afternoon. Before I knew it, the first day was over.
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Jamie+Meet.JPG) |
| Asher meets Jamie Cooper. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Danielle+Meet.JPG) |
| Asher meets Danielle Cooper. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.JPG) |
| Asher & Daddy having some time together after being apart all day. |
July 17, 2012: Everything that we've read, and heard from the lactation consultants told us that we should not give Asher a bottle, pacifier or anything else for 4-6 weeks (until breastfeeding was well established). Because of Asher's eating issues in the beginning he had already had a bottle, and after talking to the pediatrician we finally gave in to the pacifier idea. Asher liked it and we liked having something to "pacify" him with.
+Baby+Life+-Asher.JPG) |
| He's holding the pacifier in by himself. |
July 18, 2012: Today, Erika came up with Micah and Caleb to hang out for a bit with us. Asher can't play with his cousins yet, but I know he'll love to when he can. Instead, he pretty much slept while Micah and Caleb played with his and Emma's toys.
 |
| Micah had come up and put his arm around us on his own. This is a recreation of that, but not quite as perfect as the actual moment. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.JPG) |
| Asher & I enjoying an after-dinner snuggle. |
+Baby+Life+-Emma.JPG) |
| Emma is so exhausted these days, that she'll sleep anywhere. |
+Baby+Life+-Emma.JPG) |
| I'm not sure how this is comfortable. |
July 19, 2012: 80% through the week!
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.JPG) |
| Asher complete passed out on my chest. |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.JPG) |
| Night time snuggle with Daddy. |
July 20, 2012: Finally, the end of the first week was here, and I couldn't help but have a little photo-shoot with my cutie-pie. Who could resist taking pictures of such an adorable subject? (on a side note, it is a good thing that pictures are digital these days, or we would be broke very soon with all of the pictures we've taken of Asher).
After Eric saw the following picture I took of him and Asher, I liked his idea to compare it to a similar picture of him and our other little baby:
+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.JPG) |
| Eric & Baby Asher |
+At+the+Cottage+-Emma+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Eric & Baby Emma |
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Emma.JPG) |
| Our kids. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment