Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Baby Life Week 44: Spring is Here!

This week, the Spring that we've been waiting for FINALLY arrived!  The week started off with a beautiful Saturday, followed by another gorgeous day on Sunday.  Thus, we made the best of the perfect weather, enjoying the warm air and sunshine, by playing outside with Asher.
Asher enjoying some fresh air at the window (& the sound that the screens make when he bangs on them!)
Asher watching Daddy hard at work outside.
On Saturday afternoon, we enjoyed some good old family time at our neighborhood park.
Asher on his first wagon ride (outside) to the park.

Asher & I went on the slide together.  Like the waterpark, he LOVED it!

We also let Asher go down the tube slide by himself.  He went over and over again.
Video: Asher on the slide

Afterwards, Asher & I enjoyed some time on the bouncy/rocker things....weeeeee!!! :)
While we were at the park, Eric was holding Emma's leash while I held Asher when I noticed some kids coming to the park with a pet bunny.  I told Eric to get a good hold on Emma as they made their way over to us.  The kids let Emma hop around the park as they played with her.  Meanwhile, Emma lunged and pulled as hard as she could to get to the bunny (& destroy it).  We decided it was a good time to head home.

On Sunday morning, we enjoyed some lazy time together.  Asher must have been pretty wiped out from all of the fresh air the day before, because he fell back asleep before we even got out of bed!


That afternoon, we went back outside to enjoy some time in the back yard.  Asher had a blast, Daddy got some yard work done, and Mommy spent the entire time pulling things out of Asher's hands and mouth (I even pulled a 1-1/2" long stick from his mouth!)













Check out that dirty little butt! :)

Emma decided that she also needed to join in on the fun!


Eric and I have kind of hoped Asher won't be interested in baseball (since it is such a boring sport to watch), the interest that he showed toward this ball that Daddy gave him to play with though makes me think we may not be so lucky.




As we enjoyed the perfect Spring day, we were hanging out in the front yard, when we found a baby squirrel.  The squirrel was so young that it did not know it should be afraid of us.  Instead, it seemed to think we would help him find his mommy as he chased after us, following us everywhere we went and crying the entire time.  Again, Emma was lunging after the mini creature (digging her nails into my arms the entire time, as I had scooped her up to keep her from killing him).  I put her into the house, and then Eric and Asher got the squirrel to follow them down the sidewalk in an attempt to get him away from our house and his demise in Emma's jaws.

The baby squirrel following Emma & Asher.

Baby Squirrel
The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying each other's company at home along with the last few rays of sunshine before the work week started up again.


When Monday came we all must have still been feeling the sunshine, because my boys both dressed bright and cheerful for the day in their orange & khaki!

Monday was also Emma's five year birthday.  It is hard to believe that five years have gone by already.  Our little pup is officially older than we are now (she is 35 in dog years!).  As part of her birthday celebration, we took her and Asher to PetSmart to play for a bit on Saturday.  Then on Monday night we gave her a couple of presents (she loves to open gifts!).


Although Emma was quite excited by her new toys (an alligator and some squeaky balls), Asher was probably equally excited by them...I keep wondering if I bought him some dog toys and told them that they were Emma's (but didn't let Emma play with them) if it would be enough to keep him from her actual toys.  I doubt I'm that lucky though.

Asher with Emm'a new toy.
On Tuesday, it was Asher's 10 month birthday and like always we celebrated with a monthly photo shoot (future post to come).

Yuck...Daddy kisses!
Little Man.
That night, Asher got to try real (big people) spaghetti for dinner...yum!
Video: Playing with Daddy


On Wednesday, it was another fabulous day, so Asher and I got our shorts on and enjoyed the sunshine some more...along with some errands, naps and snuggle time!

Video: Asher Entertaining Himself with a Pool Noodle & Lip Noises


Video: Wildman in the Jumperoo (purring all the way)

The rest of the week flew by, and then it was week 45.  Where is the time going?


No comments:

Post a Comment