So I am a bit behind in my blog. Time has gotten away from me lately. The hustle and bustle of life is exhausting and finding the time to sit and my computer and write has been difficult. At this point, I really don't even remember what happened this week, I guess I'll just let the pictures do the talking. One thing that I do remember though is that Asher started saying "Amen" after our bedtime prayers. I think he may have been saying it for a while but we just didn't realize what he was saying. Then this week, Eric asked me if Asher says "Amen" after our prayers. I wasn't sure so the next night, I paid attention and sure enough he said something that sounded very close to Amen after I did. So cute. Praying for this little heart to know and love the Lord! God made me wait a long time for him, but he was WELL worth the wait and I KNOW that God has big plans in store for our little guy!
![]() |
| Eric & Asher building towers with his new blocks. |
![]() |
| Asher still needs to learn to think OUTSIDE the box. |
Video: Lately we have also been working on "So Big" with Asher. This past Christmas, everyone kept asking Asher, "How big is Asher?", and Eric and I felt bad because we had never really taught him the response to that question. So, we began to ask him the question during dinner time and then show him the response. He picked up pretty quick and thinks it is pretty funny. On this night we tried to get it on video and although he was interested in being very cute and hamming it up for us, he wasn't so interested in participating in our game.
We ended the week with another Swimming Lesson. At first, Asher seemed to have no fear in the water, wading deeper and deeper and relishing the slide. When the class started though he became very hesitant and wasn't interested in doing things that he has done in the past with no problem. We think he was just a bit grumpy & tired, but hopefully the next class will be a little better.
To close, during that nap, Eric surprised me by bringing this home. Since Christmas time, we have been on the hunt for a new vehicle to replace our minivan (which although it was free it handles TERRIBLY in the winter conditions and therefore needs to be replaced ASAP). I have to say that I loved it, inside and out (although I did down-play this to Eric). The price was close to our range and it had a third row seat. My only hesitation was that it doesn't have a lot of extra storage behind the third row and I was concerned it wasn't right for our family with how much traveling we do back and forth to Michigan. We decided to wait it out and see what else came along. One week later (after events that I will share in a future blog), we were ready to do a more thorough test drive and seriously consider purchasing it. Unfortunately, on Monday when we called the dealership about it, we found that it had sold over the weekend. ;( Thus, the search continues and we pray to find something right (& affordable) for our family.
We ended the week with another Swimming Lesson. At first, Asher seemed to have no fear in the water, wading deeper and deeper and relishing the slide. When the class started though he became very hesitant and wasn't interested in doing things that he has done in the past with no problem. We think he was just a bit grumpy & tired, but hopefully the next class will be a little better.
When swimming classes were over we stopped at PickNSave to get some groceries before heading home. I had received an email from them earlier in the week that said that they were going to have a "Chocolate Fest" on Saturday afternoon. Chocolate Fest INDEED! Everywhere we turned in the store there were free samples, most of which contained delicious chocolate. We feasted on chocolate covered strawberries (which were DELICIOUS!), brownies, chocolate croissants, entire chocolate chip cookies, sea salt dark chocolate, chocolate ice cream and more. By the time we made it half way through the store, I was completely chocolate-ed out! Asher was thoroughly enjoying it and although we don't really give him many sweets other than Craisins, fruit and yogurt, we did let him enjoy the free feast with us. Thankfully he was so tired from swim class, that we still got to enjoy a good nap afterwards, despite the sugar high! :)
To close, during that nap, Eric surprised me by bringing this home. Since Christmas time, we have been on the hunt for a new vehicle to replace our minivan (which although it was free it handles TERRIBLY in the winter conditions and therefore needs to be replaced ASAP). I have to say that I loved it, inside and out (although I did down-play this to Eric). The price was close to our range and it had a third row seat. My only hesitation was that it doesn't have a lot of extra storage behind the third row and I was concerned it wasn't right for our family with how much traveling we do back and forth to Michigan. We decided to wait it out and see what else came along. One week later (after events that I will share in a future blog), we were ready to do a more thorough test drive and seriously consider purchasing it. Unfortunately, on Monday when we called the dealership about it, we found that it had sold over the weekend. ;( Thus, the search continues and we pray to find something right (& affordable) for our family.
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Me+&+Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Me+&+Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment