On Christmas Eve, Avery turned three months old! With the busyness of the day and preparations for Christmas, I didn't get around to taking his monthly photos. When Asher took his nap on Christmas Day however, the sun was shining, Avery was smiling and I decided it was the perfect time for our little photo shoot.
At three months old, our littlest man is such a joy. He wakes with big smiles and a twinkle in his eye right of the bat. He talks to us quite a bit and we love hearing his coos and watching the bubbles pop out of his mouth. He is gaining better control of his arms and hands and can now grab at things that he is interested in. His hair, while still dark, has lightened quite a bit since his birth, but he hasn't lost any of it other than some hair on the back of his head that he has rubbed off during sleep.
Size wise, he is still a big guy but his growth is slowing down a bit in the sense that he is catching up to Asher. At 3 months old, Asher was 15 pounds, 25" tall with a 17" head circumference. At the same age, Avery is 15.8 pounds with the same height and head size. Thus although Avery was 2 pounds 1 ounce more at birth he is now only about 13 ounces heavier.
In the sleeping department Avery is quite different than Asher was (yeah, I know I shouldn't compare my kids, but it is tough not to do so). At three months old, Asher was sleeping a good 6-7 hours at a time during the night. Unfortunately, that is not the case with Avery. For the first two months he slept a lot and was starting to sleep better at night. As a tired newborn momma, I was hopeful that the theories of a big baby sleeping better were true. Soon though, I realized they are not. Rather, it seems to be the opposite effect. Being a big baby requires more calories, meaning eating more throughout the day...and night. Avery is still waking me up a minimum of 2 times a night and sometimes 4! To be completely honest, I am growing weary of this, but the adorable gummy smiles I receive in the morning make it all worth while!
So, while I do wish that Avery would sleep more and eat less at night, I cannot begin to describe the amount of joy he brings to us and the immense love that we have for him. The blessings God has given us, never cease to amaze me!
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BBaby%2BLife%2B3%2BMonths%2B-Avery.jpg)
There are a couple of pictures that I thought I was looking at a dark haired Asher! And at 5 months, Etta is the same height and a pound lighter!
ReplyDeleteI know! I didn't see the resemblance before, but now I am seeing it more and more...especially if I cover up all of Avery's hair!
Delete