By the time we had gotten home from our Easter weekend before this week began, Asher had already participated in three Easter egg hunts and received Easter treats/baskets from both sets of Grandparents! Since Eric and I had not anticipated all of this (although we probably should have), we decided to spread the Easter treats out a bit and wait to have our own family Easter hunt at home. It is important to me that the kids are taught the TRUE meaning of Easter and understand that it is NOT all about candy and eggs. At the same time though, like Christmas I don't want to deprive them of the holiday fun that Eric and I both grew up enjoying. Thus, I enjoy making baskets for them each year, but try to keep them fairly healthy and at least partially Christ-centered.
That said, we didn't wait too long. We decided to have our family hunt on Monday night, and we all enjoyed searching the house (mostly just the living room) for the surprises that the Easter Bunny left for us.
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Eric, Asher & Avery looking for their baskets. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher%2C%2BAvery%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| They found Avery's Basket! |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Baby's First Easter Basket. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Emma%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Making sure Emma stays away from his goodies. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Ready for the yogurt melts. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| After they found Avery's basket, Eric and Asher continued to search for their baskets. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher found his behind the curtain. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| He immediately found the only candy in his basket: Plastic eggs filled with Whopper Eggs. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery trying out his new toy. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Eric.jpg) |
| Once the boys found their baskets, Eric found his. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Eric.jpg) |
| He was SUPER excited! ;) |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Caught eating more candy. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| Finally, three of four baskets were found and it was time for me to find mine. |
When all of our Easter surprises were found we spent a little bit of time playing before bed. Asher was excited to take a bath and try out the tub markers that he got from Grandma & Papa K. We also threw the dissolvable dinosaur egg that he got from Grandma and Papa K. into the tub to see what it did. It immediately started to fizz, dissolve and turn the tub water green. It also immediately freaked Asher (who was already in the tub) out! He was not impressed by the egg and wanted to get out. We assured him that he was safe and he reluctantly stayed in until the egg was gone and a tiny dinosaur appeared.
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher playing with his tub markers in his green tub water. |
%2BEaster%2BBaskets%2B-Avery%2C%2BMe%2C%2BAsher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg) |
| Family Easter Picture. |
%2BAt%2BHome%2B-New%2BDishwasher.jpg) |
| Side Note: The most exciting thing that we got for Easter is a new dishwasher! Long Story, but it was a free-used dishwasher that although a few years old is amazing compared to the piece of junk we had!! |
The rest of the week was fairly uneventful, and to be completely honest I don't remember much of it, as I've gotten behind in blogging again and my mommy-mind doesn't hold onto information as long as I'd like. So...here is the rest of our week...
Video: Yay Avery!!
Avery is a pro at sitting up now & here he discovered that we would cheer from him when he put his arms up. He loved the attention and continued to do it for a good 5 minutes or so!
Video: Asher, What's the Problem?
On Friday night, Asher had an epic (and I mean EPIC) meltdown before bed!! We had gotten home later than we had planned after a dinner out and some shopping. Avery and Asher were both really tired (as were Eric and I) so we tag-teamed bedtime. I took Avery, Eric took Asher. Unfortunately, Asher was not keen on the idea and desperately wanted Mommy to get him ready, read to him and tuck him in. So much so that as I sat in the nursery, rocking and feeding Avery, I listened to Eric struggling with what sounded like a possessed toddler! It was scary. After listening to the craziness for a while, I texted Eric and asked what the problem was and if he needed help. He was determined to handle this on his own...and honestly I was ok with that! Eventually, he did get our crazy boy to calm down and then I received a text back with this video: Eric asks Asher, "what's the problem". Asher's response: "Two...I'm Two".
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| On Friday night, Avery was exhausted and I went to check on him before bed. He was so cute all zonked out and snuggled up in bed...I couldn't resist taking a picture! |
After our eventful Friday night, the boys both slept in a little later on Saturday morning, allowing us some extra time to relax. Additionally, there was no swim class this morning due to Spring Break, so we were able to enjoy a totally lazy Saturday.
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Morning snuggles with Daddy. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery...very interested in Big Brother's Toys! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Got One! |
In addition to our lazy Saturday, I was also given a wonderful gift. Eric took both boys out shopping for a while, so that I could enjoy some Mommy time at home alone! It.Was.Wonderful!
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Avery at Sam's Club |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| Asher trying out a bunk bed. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Our boys sitting together! |
Saturday was a gorgeous spring day. We spent a lot of time outside and since Avery is at an age that he likes to put everything he finds in his mouth, Eric decided playing in the tent (aka Fort) was a good idea. Another good idea, was a family walk and trip down to the park. Spring is a wonderful thing!
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg) |
| Eric & Asher on the teeter-totter. |
When morning playtime outside was over, it was time for naps. Asher slept pretty well, but Avery wasn't as interested. Instead, he decided to give me a dental check-up and played with my teeth.
After nap time, we enjoyed some more fun outdoors and then met the Laillet family at Culver's for dinner. It was a fun evening of fellowship with friends.
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Lilou%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Lilou & Avery |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2C%2BTheo%2B%26%2BBritni.jpg) |
| Asher, Theo & Britni |
On Sunday, The A Team Week 29 ended with another beautiful Spring day full of church, family naps (that means everyone!), more fun outside (including our first bike ride as a family of four) and some baths (the boy's first unassisted bath together).
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg) |
| During church Avery again decided I needed a dental check-up. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| The boys all set for their first bike ride together |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg) |
| Looking adorable in his little bike helmet! |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric.jpg) |
| Daddy pulling the boys in the bike trailer |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEmma.jpg) |
| Asher helping Eric set stakes for our new fence. |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg) |
| He's pretty good with a hammer. His Grandpa's should be proud! :) |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BAvery.jpg) |
| Bath time!! (No baby sit!) |
No comments:
Post a Comment