Monday, December 7, 2015

A Team Week 60: Sickos

This week (November 9 to 15) we dealt with illness again.  On Tuesday afternoon Avery developed a fever which continued Wednesday morning.  Usually this would be my day off, but on this morning I had a meeting to attend.  Thus, Eric spent the morning with Avery at home while I went to my meeting and then I came back for the afternoon shift with my little man.
Poor little sicko.

Around Halloween, Asher was wary of putting the pumpkins on the porch because he didn't want the Naughty Squirrels to eat them. While I was home watching Avery I looked up too see a squirrel sitting on top one of our pumpkins eating it.  I grabbed my phone to take a picture for Asher.  Just as I went to snap the picture, the pumpkin on the wall wiggled as the squirrel lost its balance and went flying through the air!  It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen!  ...I just wish I could have caught that on video for Asher!

Video: Daddy's Home
Our littlest guy always gets very excited when Daddy gets home!


On Wednesday night, Asher came home from daycare with a fever too.  That night as I thought of my boys I posted this:
I have been trying to think of what I'm thankful for every day this month. Today I am thankful for the health of my family. Even though I spent the afternoon home with a sick little one year old only to have my eldest come home tonight with a fever as well, I am still thankful. Thankful for the extra time with them, thankful for the extra snuggles and thankful that it isn't anything major. I have seen and read about so many hurting people lately and I am thankful that we are all safe and healthy. In the recent days I have mourned over children I've never even met: a little girl that passed away after dealing with a short lifetime of very special needs, a child struggling with inoperable brain cancer and a baby found in her crib not breathing.  So so hard to hear about these things and my heart and prayers go out to their families and everyone hurting right now. Life is about so much more than the design of a coffee cup!! ...and to add to my thankfulness...as I snuggled up Asher tonight (fevered, achy & tired), he leaning into my embrace and said, "Mommy, you make me feel better."...it really doesn't get any better than that!

On Thursday with two little guys now sick, the three of us stayed home together for the day and enjoyed a day full of snuggles and a movie marathon.
Pajama Party/Movie Day with my little sickos

Even sickness doesn't keep this kid down for long.  Here he is moving his arms back and forth through the blocks as fast as he can to happily make the biggest mess possible!
 Video: Dinner Silliness
By Thursday night everyone was pretty much feeling better and we enjoyed a typical silly family dinner together.

Video: Solid vs. Gas
On Friday everyone was feeling better and went on as usual. That night even though the fevers were gone we still got out the vaporizers to help the boys with their congestion. Avery was very excited to learn the difference between solid vs. gas.

When the weekend came, we were all ready to get out of the house a bit.  We enjoyed a trip around Menards and then another trip around Meijer.  At the end of our trip to Meijer Avery was getting antsy as we waited for Eric to check our items.  I let him down on the floor to explore a bit and he immediately ran right over to the Meijer employee standing a few feet away and wrapped his little arms around the guy's legs, giving him a big hug!  ...I think I'm going to have to have a talk with Avery about stranger danger! ;)
Avery checking out the lights at Menards


On Sunday, we enjoyed another family day to keep our germs away from the other kids at church.
The boys helping me clean up the kitchen on Sunday morning. Who says they don't make good help like they used to?

Avery on a boys trip to Meijer...modeling a hat for Grandma: Duck, Duck, Moose!

& now modeling a hat for Papa: Huntin's Buddy

Cool Dude

Sandy Ride


Eric and Avery playing at the park.

Enjoy some last moments of swinging for the year before the cold weather comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment