Monday, July 25, 2016

A Team Week 94: Celebrating 36 Years

The beginning of this week was a bit chaotic and exhausting as we were all recovering from the busy weekend.  On Tuesday morning, I had to wake Asher up to get ready to go and he had no desire to get up.  It was like a flash forward to his teenage years.

On Wednesday I had the joy of going to the Mount Pleasant Municipal Building for my court date of my speeding ticket.  When I showed up the line went all the way around the inside of the building!  It took me almost three hours to get through the line and have my 10 seconds with the prosecutor to get my ticket changed to a non-moving violation and get rid of the 4 points I'd received so that it would not affect my auto insurance.

That evening, Eric and I were working on dinner while the boys were playing in the back yard.  All of a sudden Asher came running inside and said "Momma, Dadda, Avery needs help, he is stuck under the porch!"  Earlier I had watched amused as Avery excitedly watched Emma crawl under the deck.  He was giggling like crazy and trying to see her below through the spaces between the deck boards and by hanging his head off the side and looking under.  Then just a few minutes later we found him trapped below.  He had crawled through the triangular hole in the side, but then could not figure out how to crawl back through the opposite direction.  Since there were lots of rocks and pieces of concrete I did not want to pull him through and scrape him up.  Instead, I had Eric unscrew the lattice from the side to let him out.  He was a bit traumatized, but only a few minutes after he had calmed down I found him trying to crawl through the holes between the steps to get back under!  Silly guy!


Thursday morning selfie for #GoNaked...a day to go make-up free to help a charity.  Since I am always make-up free I thought I would participate.

On Thursday night, the week turned around as we had an awesome family dinner at the Olive Garden.  We enjoyed a very relaxing meal with an awesome waitress, well mannered children and free dessert.  It was a great time!


Avery enjoying our take-home dessert before bed.

On Saturday it was my 36th birthday and we had a wonderfully relaxing family day together starting with a yummy breakfast and some alone time for me...
A ninja turtle riding a ninja turtle bike.
Asher & Eric making my favorite for breakfast: Strawberry waffles!


Video: Like Father Like Son

When we were finished with our breakfast, I headed over to BodyWise to finally use the massage gift certificate that Eric bought me two Christmases ago.  I was quite bummed to realize that the certificate had expired over 6 months ago, but they still allowed me to use it (even after Eric had called and was told that they would not allow me to use it.)

When I was done with my massage, I headed back home and then we all headed downtown to Harbor Market together.












When the boys started to get hungry, we got them a cup of fruit and had a short picnic on the grass.
Of course we had to stop by the fountain for a bit.  This face says, "Momma, 'Wa-er?'"





He looks like one of the Three Stooges.





After our time downtown, we headed back home for lunch and naps and the boys gave me some presents.  From Asher and Avery I got a card and a sunflower (both of which Asher picked out).  From Eric I got some contradictory gifts including a few of the yummy treats that I like which will not help my goal to get more fit and an armband phone holder and Fitbit to help me get fit.

Me and my little loves. <3


Asher must have been hot during nap time.  When I checked the monitor I found him in nothing but shorts with no covers. 

After nap time we headed out for haircuts for the boys and my birthday dinner at Cheddars.
Avery was happy to get his own comb.

Baby combover
Good Lookin' Guys!




Finally, we ended a great birthday (seriously, it was an amazing day of fun and relaxation with my three favorite people) with a delicious brownie cheesecake from Meijer and a movie-night snuggle with my man!  (We watched Sharknado 2 per my birthday request.  It.Was.Awesome!)  ;)





Finally, the week ended on Sunday with another lazy day at home.  Asher and I woke up well before everyone else and used the time to finish assembling his Lego Van & Camper.  When Eric and Avery woke, Eric found his old retro Lego Camper set for them all to play together.


Asher 'building a swing set'


We had a cheater dinner of Sam's Club pizza.  This kid rarely will eat anything at meal time, but he likes his pizza.  This night, he took FOREVER to eat but would not part with his pie...

...so we let him take it with us.


At the end of the day, our little old neighbor Marge called to tell Eric that she was going to bring over some raspberries from her garden for us.  We headed outside to meet her thinking that she would have a little cup full of berries for us.  Instead, she met us with an entire colander full.  The boys were thrilled to say the least.  As soon as we washed them, they were using both hands to shovel as many of them into their little mouths as possible...and they were quite delicious!  Thank you Marge!



No comments:

Post a Comment