On Monday night, we enjoyed a family movie when I introduced the boys to Disney's Classic Cinderella cartoon. They both LOVED it! Avery danced during the songs, they both watched intently throughout and the mice made both of them giggle. I loved watching them love it.
On Wednesday I had a couple of appointments and a bunch of things to take care of at home. Instead of our day off together, I put the boys in daycare for most of the day and then picked them up in the afternoon for some fun at the "car park" before dark.
![]() |
| One last race down the slide before Winter comes. |
Video: Dizzy
On Thursday I needed to run some errands after work, so the boys were on their own with Daddy for a while...can you tell?
On Friday, we headed out for family dinner. On the way, Asher was talking about how he was "furious". Eric and I were both surprised that he even knew that word as it isn't exactly part of our everyday language. Eric asked him if he new what "furious" meant and he responded with, "It means when people are driving into trains and hamburgers are flying up into the air!" LOL! We were waiting for a train to go by and heading to Five Guys for cheeseburgers! :)
The weekend was also very low-key. We were supposed to get some family pictures taken, but it turned out to be too cold and windy. Instead, we played and got things done at home...a good way to end the week.
![]() |
| Bubble Mohawk |
![]() |
| Asher bicycle boat. |
Video:
"Jake! Jake! I gotta pull over!" -Avery now quotes Blues Brothers thanks to Gramps.
![]() |
| Fall 2016 Family Picture |
In closing, I will simply end with a few funny quotes from recent times that haven't made it into my posts yet...
One afternoon a week or two after Halloween, I was complaining to Eric that I wasn't feeling very good and my stomach hurt. Asher looked at me and said, "Mommy, if you would stop eating all of my Halloween candy maybe your belly wouldn't hurt." Ouch!
Asher has also recently been very concerned about us dying. He is sad that we all will someday die and he is afraid to die himself or loose us. We have been struggling with how to deal with this because we want to be honest and also teach him about the grace and mercy that Jesus brings, but we also do not want to scare him. One morning he started talking about it again and I tried to reassure him that Mommy and Daddy were not going to die for a long, long time, when we are really old. Asher looked at me (obviously concerned) and said, "But you are old!"























No comments:
Post a Comment