Monday, December 5, 2016

A Team Week 114: Thankfulness

This week we celebrated Thanksgiving and I as always I have so much to be thankful for...

Morning snuggles with my favorite littles!...
(PLUS evening snuggles with my littlest falling asleep in my arms twice this week!)...


Imaginations and Creativity!...
I love seeing my guys build, play and create in new ways daily!


Health & Growth!...
We finally got our growth ruler finished and up on the wall!  I can't believe how big the boys are getting!




Traditions from one generation to the next!...
I made my traditional "Orange Stuff" and "Cranberry Stuff" salads for Thanksgiving dinner and had some great little helpers this year!

Asher helped make the "Orange Stuff" and mix it up.

Avery volunteered to by our official taste tester!


Family!...
I am not only blessed with an incredible husband and kids, but I am also blessed with amazing extended families on both sides...this year was spent at Eric's parents' home in Michigan. 





Emma getting some much-needed attention.




Asher helping Uncle Rob set the table.

Food!...
We are so blessed with full bellies and tasty eats!


Avery ate a piece of turkey, fruit and jello.

Emmett pulling some meat off his turkey leg.

Boys!!
I am thankful that I have boys.  I love their rough and tumble attitudes combined with their gentle loving spirits and care for their momma!
Asher & Avery enjoying an after-dinner wrestle.


Emmett & Avery get Uncle Dave...this ended badly with two crying boys.

Twinsies!  Avery & Uncle Rob sport matching shirts!




Avery tries to feed Uncle Rob some M&Ms


Credit: Rob Migrin

Credit: Rob Migrin

Cupcakes for Uncle Rob & Cousin Kathy's Birthdays.



Thankful for Hot Tubs!...
and the Men that take the littles out to enjoy it while the Moms get a little break! :)
Avery was SOOOOO excited for a hot tub "Par-EE"!!




Cousins!..  
Thankful for the kids getting to play and make memories with their cousins and have a fun time together.



Video: Dominos Fall


Christmas!... 
 I am thankful for the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the grace and mercy He extends to us!
On Friday we all headed to the local Christmas Tree farm to pick out our Christmas Tree.

Emmett & Dave check out the horses








Avery was kind of grumpy from the cold.  I kept trying to take his picture and when I bent down to shoot he pushed the camera away and said "No Piture!"


Boy Cousins!

I wanted to get a picture of the three boys together but we couldn't get them all to look at me.  Eric said "squirrel" thinking that they would all look my way, but instead they all turned in different directions.



Avery & Uncle "Dobby" (Avery's name for Rob)



Asher, Dave & Emmett playing Tag

Gramps working to cut down his tree.


No one could get Gramps & Grammy's tree to cut with the saw we had so a guy came and cut it down with a chainsaw.


I love this picture of all the guys watching the tree get cut down.



Eric working to cut down our tree.  It was tough with the dull saw, but he eventually got it!



Daddy & His little helpers.




Heading back to the horses.




Rob Migrin

When we got back to the main store at the tree farm Santa was there!  Asher as a little shy and was sad later that he forgot to tell Santa what he wanted for Christmas! ;)



Avery was willing to sit on Santa's lap but refused to look at him or talk to him.

Warming up by the fire with Grammy

Rest!...
Thankful for time to rest and relax.

Tired little guy eating his lunch

Birthdays!...
Thankful for the time God has given us, the years we have lived and the future that Christ give us.
Singing Happy Birthday to Rob!



Giving!...
Thankful for the heart of giving that God has given us and the joy it brings!
We shared our Christmas presents with family that we wouldn't see before then.  Asher was very happy that Emmett was excited by this book and flashlight!


Grandparents!...
We are thankful for our parents who invest their lives, knowledge, love, time and creativity in our children!
Asher & Gramps making "An Alien" in Gramps' shop.


Asher & his Alien.
Video: "Naps" with Gramps


Warmth!...
Thankful for warm drinks and warm homes to get us through the chilly Midwest seasons!

Football!...
Thankful for Michigan Football!  We didn't have the outcome that we were looking for, but we did enjoy watching the game, a season rooting for our team and the snuggles that went along with it!

Video: "Ah Boo!" (aka Go Blue!)

So that was Thanksgiving weekend of 2016!  As I said, we have MUCH to be thankful for and this post barely scratches the surface!




No comments:

Post a Comment