Sunday, February 5, 2017

A Team Week 121: This Is Us


I shared in my last post that last week was not so great.  I'd hoped that this week would be better, and in someways it was, but still not one of our best.  Work was busy, at the beginning of the week I was still in a bit of a funk, the house was a mess and life was chaotic.  By the time the evenings came all I wanted to do was lay in bed and watch TV and since Eric had to work pretty much every night that is exactly what I did.

On Sunday evening, before this week began, I was looking for something to watch and nothing seemed to be quite the right fit for my mood.  Then I thought about trying to watch This is Us because several of my friends had raved how much they loved it.  I decided to give it a shot and I was immediately hooked, continuing to binge it throughout this week after the kiddos were in bed.  As I watched I kept thinking about similarities between us and them (loving the kids like crazy, a mom who loves to sing but rarely has the time, parents having their own desires but wanting to do what is best for their children, being 36 myself like the characters in the show, having insecurities of the state of a life almost half over, and so on...), relating me to the show and making me love it even more...

This is Us

Eric Migrin
Age: 36
Description: Husband, Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Friend
From: Livonia, Michigan
Favorite Foods: Mexican, Fries, Cookies and Coke/Dr. Pepper
Favorite Shows: Breaking Bad, New Girl & Walking Dead
Favorite Movies: 007, LOTR & Most Sci-Fi
Favorite Read: National Geographic Magazine

Tracy Migrin
Age: 36
Description: Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend
From: Nadeau, Michigan
Favorite Foods: Pizza, Mexican, Ice Cream and Orange Juice
Favorite Shows: Quanico, Stranger Things & Now This is Us
Favorite Movies: Goonies, Top Gun & LOTR
Favorite Read: John Grisham Books

Asher Migrin
Age: 4
Description: Son, Brother, Nephew, Friend
From: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Favorite Foods: Pizza, Cheeseburgers, Pears, Suckers and Water
Favorite Shows: Jake & the Neverland Pirates & Dinotrux
Favorite Movies: Inside Out & Frozen
Favorite Read: Lately he love his Bible, but there are too many others to name.

Avery Migrin
Age: 2
Description: Son, Brother, Nephew, Friend
From: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Favorite Foods: Pizza, Bananas, Squeezies and Milk
Favorite Shows: Jake & the Neverland Pirates, Dinotrux & Thomas
Favorite Movies: Minions & Frozen
Favorite Read: How a Dinosaur Says I Love You, Do Kangaroos Have a Mother Too and several more

As I raced through the episodes of This is Us, the week continued.  By mid week things were going much better and I was out of my funk.  Unfortunately, another wrench had been thrown at us: Our childcare was closed from Wednesday-Friday due to the unexpected passing of Christina's father.  I already had planned to take Wednesday off, but with a crazy busy week of work for Eric and I that meant we needed to find someone to watch our boys for the last two days of the week.  Our local friends all have their hands full with children of their own, my mother had to work, and Eric's parents were leaving for their vacation which gave us my dad.  We were not sure if he would be willing to watch the boys alone as he has made it through 7 years of being a grandparent without changing a poopy diaper, but he took on the challenge nonetheless and came down to help us out for the remainder of the week... (Thank you Dad!!)

On Wednesday morning I had a chiropractic appointment in the morning, so the boys and I went to that and then I treated them to breakfast at IHOP afterward.




For dinner, the boys helped me made Crock Pot Beef Tips and gravy.

We also worked on our Thank-You cards from Christmas...which we still haven't finished or gotten around to mailing out.
I haven't gotten around to mailing the cards, but I had to share the picture Asher and I drew for Uncle Rob's card.  Asher asked me to draw a crab for him and then Asher drew Uncle Rob in his claw getting his butt pinched!!  :P

Avery stole this apple from the fridge...it is almost as big as his face!


Since Netflix got rid of the boys' favorite show (Jake and the Neverland Pirates), they have continued asking me if they can watch it not understanding the situation.  Asher asked me, "but Mom, don't they know that I like that show?"  On Wednesday night when I needed some time to finish up dinner and they wanted to watch Jake, I introduced them to a similar classic: Peter Pan.
On Wednesday night, Dad arrived and was greeted by two little boys who were both very excited to spend the rest of the week with their Papa.  I don't have any pictures from their time together, but from the sounds of it everything went pretty well and my dad lucked out with only having to change one poopy diaper throughout his two days with the boys!!

On Friday night, we celebrated surviving the week by treating Dad to dinner at Red Robin.  I, unfortunately, was coming down with a cold and not feeling well, but did my best to hang in there until everyone was in bed and I could retreat to my own.


Milkshakes at Red Robin.  The dinner had his flaws so we got this yummy treat for free!

Asher thought I wasn't going to let him have any milkshake, so he was quite happy when we gave him one for he and Daddy to share!



The weekend was another rough one.  I felt horrible for most of it, so I mostly watched the boys from the couch and Eric took on the majority of the parental load (thanks babe!).
Avery & Asher checking out Eric's completed Lego Wall-E
On Saturday Rob sent this old picture from when Asher was a baby to Eric after finding it on his computer.
Eric and Asher sent this picture in return!

I got to warm up with a cup of my favorite cocoa in my new favorite mug! <3

Video: "Avery, Who Farts?"

Saturday's Conversation with Asher:
Asher: Mommy, why is Kathy's name Kathy?
Me: Because that's what her mommy named her, just like Daddy & I named you Asher. Do you know what Asher means?
Asher: No...what?
Me: Asher means blessed. Mommy and Daddy named you Asher because you are a blessing.
Asher (after thinking about that a minute): Then what does Avery mean?
Me (I've dreaded this moment for 2+ years): Rules the elves.  😂🤣😂🤣
Asher: huh??

On Sunday I was feeling better than the day before and made waffles.  The boys requested funny faces.

To finish out the week, we watched the Packers in the playoffs and then had a photoshoot with Asher who wanted to be a photographer with my phone for the night...

Video: Go Pack Go

Video: Happy Birthday to Grandma


There is something about a little kid in a robe that is just adorable!





Asher asked me to snuggle with Eyore for the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment