Monday: Baths, potty practice and videos for Grandma
Video: "Err Mat-ey"
As I've mentioned before one of Avery's favorite shows is Jake and the Neverland Pirates and he has somehow picked up saying his version of 'Aye Matey'. I was telling my mom about this and trying to get it on video since I think the way he says it is too cute. This is the best I could get from him.
Tuesday: Avery loves to drink. I think if I blended all of his food I'd have no problems getting him to eat his dinner. He rarely gets anything other than water (with milk at meal time), but he can chug it down like none other! He especially likes to drink out of Mommy's water bottles which can often be found in several locations around the house. On this particular day he found two of them and thought it would be a good idea to hold on to and drink from both!
Wednesday: Today was my day off, but much of it was spent alone while the boys were in daycare. I started the morning off with a chiropractor appointment, then headed over to Target to try and find a swimsuit for our upcoming vacation (I didn't find one and instead realized just how badly I need to start working out!). From Target I went to the eye doctor to get new glasses and then made a stop at Meijer to pick up a new pair of shoes that Avery badly needed and I had promised him (he kept telling me "shoe hurt me" regarding his old pair which were too small and falling apart). :( By the time I was finished running to all of my appointments and errands it was lunch time and the boys were napping, so I headed home to take a quick nap myself. Then once everyone was awake I picked up my little buddies so we could spend the remainder of the day together.
For dinner on Wednesday night I tried out a new recipe I found on Pinterest for pizza casserole. While I put dinner together I had a little visitor keeping my company.
Thursday: Typical Day
Friday: When work was over, we tried to figure out what to do for dinner. Eric and I wanted Qdoba, but the boys insisted on Culvers. We compromised. We had dinner at Qdoba and dessert at Culvers. Everyone was happy. Typically going out to eat with the kids is quite stressful. Rather than enjoying conversation and good food we tend to spend our time asking the boys to sit still, be quiet, get off the floor, eat your food...but not the food that fell on the floor, etc. It can be a frustrating time and I have to say I look forward to going out to eat much less now that we have kids...although we still go just as often so we don't have to cook! On this night though the boys were very enjoyable and we had a great night together. If only it could be like that every time!
![]() |
| Avery had a tough time getting his spoon to work in the custard, so he just dove right in! |
On Friday night, it was my turn to put Avery to bed. We went through our usual routine and then it was time for prayers...
Me: "What should we pray for tonight?"
Avery: "Baby Cheezuz" (aka baby Jesus)
Me: "Ok, thank you Lord for sending baby Jes..."
Avery (interrupting me): "and boo-bah, boo bah!!" (aka the minions)
Me: 
Saturday: When the weekend came, I really wanted to take Asher to the new Lego Batman movie. He had no idea it existed, but I thought that his love for Legos, The Lego Movie, and most recently Batman would be the perfect reasons to take him to the show. The movie was rated PG though so I was a bit hesitant to take him and even more hesitant to take Avery. After talking with Eric we decided that he would stay home with Avery and Asher and I would enjoy our first movie date together. So, during nap time on Saturday Asher and I snuck out of the house to see the show together. We had a great time, he kept thanking me over and over again for taking him.
![]() |
| FB/Instagram Photo: Two of his favorite things: Batman & Legos. One of my favorite things: Him #myafternoondate #batmanlegomovie |
![]() |
| Date Day Selfie with my boy. |
![]() |
| He wanted me to take pictures of him with the different Lego characters... |
![]() |
| ...all of them! |
When we got back from the movie, Avery had just woken up and thankfully didn't know what he had missed but was happy to see the leftover popcorn! Asher stole my phone to take some pictures of Eric and then we all headed outside for the most exciting and momentous part of the week. Earlier that day Asher had asked Eric if he would take the training wheels off his bike and teach him to ride without them. Since it has been abnormally warm for February Eric agreed and after we were home we all headed outside to do just that. Asher had a hard time learning his balance without the extra wheels and after a few times of trying was ready to quit and frustrated that it was so difficult for him. Knowing that he takes after his momma and be quite hard on himself, we both assured him that we were SUPER proud of him for trying and that he will get the hang of it. We also told him that we were both older when we learned to ride bikes (I don't really remember an exact age but I know I was between 6-8), and he seemed to be proud of himself too with that information and decided he wanted to try more on Sunday.
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Asher |
![]() |
| Photo Credit: Asher |
![]() |
| Asher without training wheels with Eric and Emma trying to keep up. |
Sunday: Today we finished out the week with our standard Sunday donuts, church, naps and a bit more bike riding practice.
![]() |
| Taking cues from The Joker #donutface |
![]() |
| Messy little boys |
![]() |
| The boys ate dinner so well on our night out on Friday that they barely ate any of their desserts. We let them finish them off on Sunday afternoon for snack and they were happy boys. |
![]() |
| Chocolate Custard Face. |
![]() |
| Asher practicing his balance WITH the training wheels. |
![]() |
| Avery following close behind. |
Video:
Sunday afternoon, Asher worked on learning to ride a bike again. The wind was strong and cold, but he persevered and after a few tries he did ride his bike on his own for a good 10 seconds or so. Progress.
Sunday afternoon, Asher worked on learning to ride a bike again. The wind was strong and cold, but he persevered and after a few tries he did ride his bike on his own for a good 10 seconds or so. Progress.
When we had had enough of the brutal wind outside, we headed back into the house where Eric called Gramps and Grammy so Asher could tell them about his bike riding experiences while Asher got a hold of my phone to take more pictures.
![]() |
| Mommy & Her Leftover Custard = Happy Mommy |
Finally, before bed the boys were (for some unknown reason) begging us to draw tattoos on them, but we kept ignoring their requests. Finally, Eric took the Crayola markers and drew these for the boys...






























Love the NO tattoo! So appropriate for that age!
ReplyDelete