Friday, November 17, 2017

A Team Week 163: Scary

I'm not gonna lie...Ending A Team Week 162 by discovering glue stick and glitter all over my freshly cleaned dining room didn't exactly set up this week to start on a high note.  I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed and I'd love to say that I didn't let that affect me or my mommy-ing, but again...I'm not gonna lie.

This week definitely had its highs and lows and with it being the week of Halloween, it also had its Scary Moments for better and for worse.

Monday:
This evening I picked up the boys and when I got Asher from school he promptly showed me the blue "slime" that he had received that day.  Apparently someone at the school decided it would be a good idea for the upperclassmen to make homemade slime for the entire school.  Thus, Asher came home with a bag of it, which both he and his brother wanted to play with.  When we got home, they began opening it and I told them that they needed to play with it at the table with a mat to contain the mess as much as possible.  I headed upstairs to change out of my work clothes so that we could go out for dinner as soon as Eric got home.  When I came back downstairs, Eric and I both entered the dining room at the same time to find both of our boys and the dining room table covered in blue slime.  I could feel my blood pressure rising as I realized I would have to clean up the dining room for the third time in less than 24 hours.  We walked the boys to the bathroom to clean them up and as we made our way there I reminded them to "Not Touch Anything!".  As we passed through the living room however, Asher saw his stool which was leaning up against our couch and apparently decided that they would need it to wash their hands.  He grabbed for the stool and as he did so smeared the blue slime onto the cream-colored sofa.  Again, I could feel my blood pressure rising as Eric took the boys the rest of the way to sink and I worked for the next several minutes to clean the blue dyed substance off our couch and then table.  Thankfully with some elbow grease I was able to get it all cleaned up, but the remainder of the slime was promptly thrown into the garbage.  When the mess on the couch, the table and the boys was all cleaned up we headed to HuHot to enjoy an easy and yummy dinner.



Tuesday:
Today was Halloween, so we enjoyed the good scary with Trick-or-Treating family fun.











Festive Halloween Dinner

The boys with their Halloween Haul


Wednesday:
Today I was scarily reminded how we are born of a sinful nature as I caught Asher trying to sneak a wad of cash off my desk and into his room.  I saw him grab something and also saw him trying to hide whatever it was  on his side so that I could not see.  When I asked what he took he showed it to me and immediately started telling me how his piggy bank is empty and needs more money to fill it up.  Needless to say we had a lengthy talk about lying and stealing afterwards.

Friday:
The scary thing today was how much Asher really is a future Danny Tanner...and a bit like me.  When I was trying to get the house cleaned up before some friends came over, I told Asher that I had two jobs that needed to get done and he could pick which one he wanted to do.  He could use the hand vac and vacuum the stairs OR he could get a wet rag and clean off the basement chalkboard wall.  His response, "Is it okay if I do both?"  

Once the house was cleaned up our friends Katie, Nicholas and Timothy came over for a fun marathon playdate.

















Saturday:
The mess that Avery can make with a single donut on weekend mornings is also quite scary!

Sometimes parents are even scary.  On Friday when Asher was playing with his friend Nicolas he decided that they should try and build a pulley system.  To do that, he ran into the house and got Eric's favorite book from when he was a child: The Way Things Work.  As I saw him running outside with the book, I warned him that he needed to make sure he brought the book back into the house.  Unfortunately, we both forgot.  Instead, the book was left out all night long and it rained...all...night...long.  In the morning, as the boys returned from a trip to Meijer, the books was found outside and quite wet.  Daddy was upset and Asher was a bit afraid of the consequences, but thankfully Eric was understanding of the mistake and didn't turn out to be too scary after all...disappointed, but not scary.
The Way Things Work drying out by the vent.

Another thing that is scary is how quickly my little men are growing up.  After almost five and a half years of changing diapers, Avery has finally decided that he is willing to go on the potty and this weekend was when it started.  Eric got him excited about it by buying him a whole bunch of Matchbox Cars to win as prizes for going.  By the end of this weekend he had gotten five cards and a couple of weeks later he is still doing very well.

A Purple Monster Truck!


Video: Purple Monster Truck

Sunday:
Other than the potty training, the remainder of the weekend was not so scary.  Instead, we just finished out the week with some typical good old family time...which after thinking about it I guess is scary after all...in our own strange, silly sense!  ;P



"Toga! Toga!"

"Emma the Unicorn!"

Naptime Snuggles

Playing Library





1 comment:

  1. Glitter and glue and slime...oh my! That does sound scary!

    ReplyDelete