In my last post I shared that things were a little scary in our house, but stranger things continue as life passes too quickly whether it be binge watching the second season of Stranger Things (which I did do this week) or our boys simply growing up too fast.
As mentioned in my last post Avery began potty training just two days before this week began and he quickly went from a little boy in diapers to a big boy who goes on the potty...most of the time. At daycare he did very well and Christina reminded him throughout the day to go. By the next day, he decided he didn't need reminders and when Christina reminded him again he told her, "No! I tell you." Silly Boy.
This week I also noticed how far Avery's drawing skills have come as he drew a picture "Batman"....
At this rate, Avery will be in med school before we know it! ;)
With Stranger Things on the brain, I couldn't help but "see" a pink sky and Shadow Monster/Mind Flayer as I looked out onto the heavily clouded sky one morning...which led me to have some fun photoshopping the picture at the top of this blog.
And to continue the strange, it snowed this week. Being that it is November I guess that really isn't too strange after all, but in my mind it really should still be July. I can't fathom how we are already nearing Christmas! I can't say that I was very excited to see the first snowflakes of the year from our home but the boys were very quick to get ready for the day so they could head outside to shovel and catch snowflakes before it was time to leave.
Video: The First Snowfall
On Friday, we received more snow and this time it was enough to cover the ground...
And although I don't think this is strange at all, others might find it a little odd at least that I do have pajamas that are almost a perfect match to those of the boys! ;)
Strange?: My littlest as a skeleton.
On Saturday the strange started right off the bat when Asher came downstairs to greet me completely dressed and ready for school. Opps. He was pretty happy when I reminded that it was not a school day!
Later that day we headed to Crystal Lake, Illinois to celebrate at a joint birthday party for all four of my nephews. When you have four boys and three of the four have birthdays within 6 weeks of each other it is just easier to throw one big party for everyone! It may be a little unconventional to some, but this I wouldn't call strange. Instead, speaking as one who has gone a little crazy with parties in the past, I think it is pretty ingenious! :)
Video: Dodgeball
This is what it looks like when about 20 kids ages 8 and under play dodgeball. Pretty Funny Stuff.
![]() |
| The 4 Birthday Boys |
![]() |
| Eric playing with the littlest Birthday Boy |
![]() |
| Mini Aaron. |
![]() |
| Here is another strange thing: 8 boys and only 1 girl of all the cousins at the party's family only after-party. |
On Sunday the strange was our lunch at Kenosha's newly renovated Panera...which looks nothing like any Panera I've been in before. Can I say Farmhouse chic?
And I'd like to say that this is strange but... This is Avery's potty chart. When he puts stickers on it he randomly picks a circle and covers it in no particular order. The OCD in me is a bit bothered by this but I let it go. Asher on the other hand saw that Avery wasn't filling the circles in order and decided that it needed to be fixed!
And one final moment of strangeness for the week: Four Migrins in the office all working at their computers. Me on mine (& taking the photo), Eric at his, Asher working on some school work on Eric's old laptop and Avery practicing his letters on my iPad. Let's just say we have only a two butt office and Eric and I weren't really keen on sharing our space!

![]() |
| Avery knows 'A' for Avery & 'P' for Ponder. Every time he writes an 'A' he describes what he is doing by saying, "one down-cross, another down-cross and a line!" |
Video: 'A' for Avery


































No comments:
Post a Comment