This week was our first week together again after our
long (yet amazing) week apart and it was all about love. We reveled in our snuggles and cherished our giggles as we spent the
week of Valentine's loving on one another...
On Monday the week started off with a memorable bedtime conversation
with Avery...
Avery: Momma, I can jump on clouds and see Jesus!
Me: Really?...I don’t think it works that way...
Avery: ....well....I might need stairs....
I love hearing the boys talk about Jesus...even if it isn't always biblical... <3
On Tuesday Asher and I set out to get all of his Valentines ready for school the next day. I had tried to talk him into going to Meijer on Sunday with Eric to pick some out but he didn't want to leave the house. Since I knew we had some glow-in-the-dark bracelets lying around I quickly made a valentine copy of a Yoda Valentine I'd seen on Pinterest. I printed off 30 of them Monday night to prepare for school but then found out on Tuesday that he was supposed to bring some for the YMCA after school care as well...66 valentines later I was ready to curl into the fetal position. I’ve never been a big fan of Valentine's Day and now with a school age child I like it even less #kidfunequalsmomwork. Thankfully Eric never expects anything from me, because when the kids' valentines were done, so was I.
On Wednesday it was Valentine's Day and within our little bubble it was pretty much like every other day. In Parkland, Florida though the afternoon ended with total heartache as there was another horrific school shooting. Definitely hit home even harder than usual (it's so sad that there is even a usual these days) now that I have a kid in school myself. ...I hugged my boys a bit tighter that night.
Also, before bed I gave them their traditional Valentine's Day gift: Books with a Loving Reminder from Mommy and Daddy.
I have been doing this for the boys every year since Asher was born (although I never got around to writing in Asher's 1st book because the idea came to me late). Usually I find books that remind them how much Eric and I love them and how we will always love them. This year was a little different. Since Asher is with the school-aged kids now at church they are encouraged to bring a bible to church with them. He can't read much yet but I still thought it would be good for him to get his own bible and carrying case to start familiarizing himself with it. With that in mind, I decided that we would get him an
Adventure Bible and carrying case for his Valentine's book, reminding him that not only do Mommy and Daddy love him very much, forever and unconditionally but so does God! I wanted the boys to know this year that they are loved no matter what and that there is nothing they can ever do to change that! In fact God loves EVERYONE so much that He gave his one and only Son so that anyone that believes in Him will live with Him for eternity (John 3:16). With that truth in mind, I wanted to do something similar for Avery but he already has an Adventure Bible and isn't ready for one anyway. Instead, I found the book
If Jesus Lived Inside My Heart for him.
 |
Asher's Message: Asher, every Valentine's Day so far we've given you a book to remind you of our infinite love for you. This year, and with this book, we want to remind you not just of our love but also that God knows you and loves you!! There is nothing you can ever do to make our love and God's love for you stop. We will all love you forever and we are always here whenever you need us! We love you Asher! <3 Mommy & Daddy (John 3:16)
Avery's Message: Avery, every year we give you a book on Valentine's Day to remind you how much we love you. This year we wanted to remind you that in addition to our love, God loves you too!! There is nothing you can ever say or do to make our love and God's love stop! We love you unconditionally and we are always here for you. <3 Mommy & Daddy (John 3:16) |
On Friday, Avery and I had a great morning home together while Asher was at school and then after lunch the three of us spent the rest of the day together until we were joined by Eric.
(2) Videos: Avery's Silly Face
Video: Avery & I Playing “Oda”
 |
| Movie Night Snuggles |
One of Avery's favorite things to at bedtime (when I allows it) is to make silly faces on my phone...
On Saturday we enjoyed family time at the YMCA (to make the most of our free 6-month membership before it runs out). All four of us enjoyed some time in the pools and then Asher and Eric had fun on the rock wall showing off their skills.
 |
My adventurers  |
(3) Videos: Boys at the YMCA
 |
| Lunch at Panera |
On Sunday we finished out the week with a lazy day at home.
Wrestling...in a house of boys it is a way of life...
Family Mario Karting...
No comments:
Post a Comment