Our 41st and 42nd weeks of 2019 were pretty much our normal every day lives.
It all started off on Monday, October 7th with Asher crying due to a stomach ache and complaining he didn't feel well. Since Hazel had had a little bug over the weekend and he hadn't been feeling the well the night before we decided to keep him home and Eric stayed with him for the day. Not more than an hour later, he seemed to be feeling fine and Eric and I felt completely duped. Either way the boys enjoyed a relaxing day home together and that night (realizing that his stomach ache was likely a direct result of anxiety about going to school) we informed Asher that he would be going to school the following day (and every other day) no matter what unless he had a fever or was puking.
 |
| Our "sicko" playing Pokemon on Nintendo. |
 |
| While home for the day Eric colored this zombie for Avery (who had printed this a few days prior to color and then decided it was too scary and then decided he wanted Daddy to color it). |
 |
| Avery playing at school while the other boys were home for the day. |
After Monday, the week continued with everyone staying healthy and making it through the rest of our normal weekly events...
 |
| Eric, Hazel and I enjoying a quiet evening at home while the boys are Awana. |
One morning this week on our drive to Avery's school, Avery and I shared a surprisingly random conversation. Out of the blue he says to me, "Mommy, maybe we (humans) are all Jesus' toys?" I have no idea where it came from but I was a bit taken aback. I tried to tell him that I didn't think we were just Jesus' toys, but Avery was not so convinced. I may have been reading more into the conversation than what was actually there, but Avery continued on and made it sound like he was debating if we were simply pawns for Jesus' entertainment and while I tried to disagree I was struggling to come up with a convincing argument and he was not easily swayed. Finally, just before we reached his school the answer came to me. I told Avery I KNEW that we were NOT just Jesus' toys and he asked how I knew. I then asked him if he would die for any of his toys? He said no and I replied that that was how I knew. Just like we wouldn't die for our toys I believe that Jesus would not die for toys either. Instead, are His sisters and brothers and He died for us because He loves us. Mic Drop. Avery had no more arguments and agreed and the conversation was over. :)
On Friday Hazel and I enjoyed our typical morning together and then followed it up with an afternoon with the boys. Then, that night after Eric got home we all headed to Chili's for dinner.
 |
| Teaching Avery how to play a childhood favorite of mine: Aggravation. |
 |
| Hazel the Destroyer coming to tear down Asher's tower. |
 |
| Our 89 year old neighbor was out raking leaves, so I sent the boys to go help her. They were excited to help but by the time they made it over there she had quit and gone back inside her house because it was too cold and windy. |
 |
| The boys having a conversation with Marge. |
That night at Chili's we learned that Hazel possesses a deep love for french fries like her daddy. She was seated at the head of the table with Avery to our left and me to her right when our food arrived. Before the waitress could even set Avery's burger and fries down on the table, Hazel stole a fry right off his plate. Knowing they were fresh and hot, I immediately tried to pull it out of her hand which was turning red from the heat of the fry. Instead of releasing it though, she tightened her grasp on it and 'yelled' at me while her little hand continued to burn. On the plus side, once I let go and let her have it she happily ate her fry with no further complaints.
Video: Hazel Avoids a Lime
When Saturday arrived, we spent the weekend with a trip to Sam's and a lot of relaxing at home.
 |
| Sleepy Baby |
Video: Happy Baby
 |
| Hazel wearing the bead crown Avery made at school. |
Video: Avery's Skateboarding Tricks
 |
| FB Post: When you’re trying to feed Baby Girl her dinner but you just can’t compete with the entertainment of her brothers... |
 |
| Photo Credit: Avery |
On Sunday the boys wanted to make a dessert with me, so we decided to make an apple pie together. It turned out amazing!
 |
| Yum!! |
Eric also made a delicious batch of vegetable soup for dinner that night and Hazel got to try it for the first time! ...I see beef & crackers (a Klingenmaier favorite) in her future!
The second week was much of the same, starting out with Hazel attempting to confiscate my breakfast.
This week was also a Say No to Drugs week at Asher's school with themed dress-up days each day. On Tuesday it was
Career Day. He wanted to be a police officer but I didn’t know what we had to make that work. Instead I proposed a contractor, but he was not interested in that option. Eric suggested that he draw himself a badge and tape it onto his shirt and that is exactly what Asher did. Later that morning, Eric sent me the picture below with the title “Parent fail. 🤦♂️”. Yup. I am apparently a terrible mom, but I decided that he was going as an undercover cop😂. Then, as I thought of my high school bestie and how we used to love dressing up for Spirit Week and how well she helps her boys dress up for their Spirit Weeks now, I decided that we needed to step up our game for Crazy Hair day the next day.
 |
| Hazel beating up Asher on Monday night :) |
As I said on Wednesday we stepped up our game for Crazy Hair Day, giving Asher a red mohawk, much to his delight.
 |
| Avery wanted in on the Crazy Hair action as well! |
On Friday, Hazel (who has crazy hair every day) and I enjoyed our morning together yet again and then picked up the boys for a fun trip to the library in the afternoon.
 |
| I opened the toy box and stood Hazel up next to it. Her face lit up with wonder as she looked at all of the toys hidden within! |
 |
| Me and my girl waiting for Asher to get done with school. |
 |
| Playing at the library. |
 |
| Happily swinging outside. |
Later that afternoon, back at home, Avery and I worked hard together to make a delicious chicken pot pie for dinner. The boys were both convinced that they were not going to like it, but in the end realized that it was actually quite good!
On the weekend we enjoyed more lazy time home together and also headed out on Saturday for a fun afternoon on our annual outing to Jerry Smith's Pumpkin Farm (more on that next time).
Video: Asher & Hazel
Video: Peek-A-Boo Baby
 |
| On Sunday Asher made a short Farm book and read it to his favorite baby sis. |
 |
| Wanting to make another dessert, the boys and I created these dirt cup desserts to eat while we watched Return of the Jedi to finish out the week on Sunday night. |
 |
| Crazy fun with Daddy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment