Although A2H Week 2020.14 included April Fool's Day, it was no joke. Despite feeling incredibly surreal, pandemic life was in fact very real. All five of us were now home together for the long haul and my daytime responsibilities simultaneously became three fold: childcare giver, teacher and employee. To say I was feeling stressed is a bit of an understatement. Thus, I spent the majority of the day prior to this week trying to create a schedule for the kids and the boys' education.
Monday, March 30
On Monday, when the week officially began, I felt that the best way to start off this new and very stressful time in our lives was with God's Word. Wanting to get to the Easter story when it was Easter weekend, I counted back to this day in the Jesus Storybook Bible and landed on Jesus teaching us how to pray with The Lord's Prayer. It was the perfect way for us to begin this season together.
 |
FB Post: Captain’s Log/March Madness Day 16:
Today marks the first work day with all five of us sailing together. Since all things are possible with God I thought a short family devotion was the best way to begin our day. By chance, we landed here with Jesus’ lesson on prayer. The timing couldn’t have been better. 💕#coronavirius#saferathome #marchmadness2020 #letuspray
|
After our devotion together, the rest of the day/week went surprisingly well. It was mostly a jumbled week of working, playing, teaching, correcting, eating (LOTS of eating...seriously, our kids are little garbage disposals!), napping and more. It was by no means perfect, but it went much better than I had anticipated, so I was thrilled.
 |
| Eric and I joke that our mom's are trying to buy our love with their banana bread because every time they visit they bring the homemade loaves of bread. Finding a couple of loaves frozen in the rear of our freezer though was a special treat during our isolation time at home. |
 |
| Needing something to do the kids decided to pull out the Kinetic Sand on Monday afternoon. I thought Hazel would make a huge mess with it, but they kept it all surprisingly contained and it kept Hazel's attention for quite a while. Unfortunately though there must be some sort of oil in the sand because after we put it away the floor where the three were playing was incredibly slippery and we could barely walk through the area without wiping out. |
 |
| Asher recently introduced Hazel to the gator and she is a total fan...so much so that last week Eric added a kill switch to it so that Hazel wouldn't be able to turn it on on her own. |
 |
| Hazel also loves to spin in the Nursery Room chair and her big brothers are more than willing to take her for rides. |
Video: Brother-Sister Fun
Tuesday, March 31
On Tuesday we took some pictures with bunny ears to remind Grammy, Gramps, Grandma & Papa that 'Some Bunny Loves You!"
That afternoon while Hazel napped the boys enjoyed a word search with words hidden throughout the house inside Easter eggs. Asher had to read me the word in the egg and Avery had to tell me what the first letter of the word was.
While the boys and I enjoyed the word search Eric, donned in gloves and a mask, braved the outside world to pick up some groceries.
 |
| FB Post: 2 Things: 1. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have to wash all of my groceries when I got them home. |
Wednesday, April 1 (a.k.a. April Fool's Day)
 |
| Avery & Asher doing their morning workout. |
 |
| Maybe if I bring Mommy 2 hats to wear she'll let me go outside... |
 |
| Getting some vitamin D with the littles. |
 |
| I'm not sure they realize it, but she has them wrapped around her little fingers. |
 |
FB Post: Captain’s Log/March Madness Day 18:
Even in April, the Madness of March continues, but today God gave us the light we so desperately needed. The sunshine was healing to the soul and pushed us to share some time together and spread the light to others. At times of war, we have tied yellow ribbons to support our troops and today we did just that. We tied a yellow ribbon around our tree to support those on the front lines as we fight this virus! We also lit up a heart of hope to encourage all who need it and again support those fighting for us. ❤️. #coronavirius #saferathome #marchmadness2020 #waroncovid19#tieayellowribbon
|
 |
| Story time in the fort. |
 |
| Our contribution of light for the Let There Be Light event. |
Thursday, April 2
Now that Hazel walks, going into the fridge is a much more difficult task. The moment she sees you go for the handle or hears the creak of the door opening her little body is squeezing her way right in front of you to begin searching for a tasty treat.
 |
Getting a ride from Big Brother #1
|
 |
...and now Big Brother #2
|
Video: Girls Like Trucks Too!
 |
| Avery wanted some pictures taken with his chalk art. |
 |
| Driving lessons for Hazel |
While working from home while caring for three children is not impossible, it is also most definitely not easy! The boys can do a decent job of entertaining themselves, but Hazel is another story entirely.
 |
| With the realization that the kids were not going back to school anytime soon, online schooling officially began and Asher was able to see his teacher and classmates for the first time in a few weeks. |
 |
| FB Post: Ok, this makes me sad 😓. This was going to be my 40th birthday plans! |
 |
| FB Post: Just in case you need something cute in your feed... |
Friday, April 3
On Friday morning, Avery requested Ninja Turtle pancakes. I wasn't quite up to the challenge, so I decided to make some 'Dyed Easter Egg Pancakes' instead.
 |
| Working from Home. |
 |
| #QuarantineLife |
With Eric and I both working, we did our best to help Asher does his studies, but honestly a lot of the week was spent allowing the boys to do pretty much whatever they wanted.
 |
| Even Eric got desperate to see other people. |
 |
| and THIS is why Eric added a Kill Switch to the gator! |
Video: Future WNBA
 |
| Work Life? |
Saturday, April 4
When the weekend came, we did our best to put work aside and make being stuck at home as enjoyable as possible.
 |
| Online Klingenmaier Family Meeting. |
 |
| Hazel brushing Daddy's Hair. (I think he really enjoyed...at least until she started hitting him with the brush). |
 |
| Evil Knievel? |
In the winter, we received a letter stating that our street was scheduled for repairs this spring. The repairs would include some work on the storm system, new asphalt topping on the street, removing heaved sidewalks and removal of trees that were problematic to the sidewalks and/or not in good health. Unfortunately, our beautiful and massive maple was one of those trees. Eric therefore decided to let the boys "climb" into it before it was no longer an option.
Video: Little Explorer
(I love the way she talks in this video)
 |
| Tonight (Saturday) we enjoyed some family time watching Onward together on Disney+ |
Video: Future Wrestler?
Sunday, April 5
 |
| "Mom, I can go outside if I have my hat and gloves, right?" |
 |
| FB Post: I’ve leavened a few things over the past few weeks... |
1. Netflix and Disney+ are vital to the boys’ future...without them they might not have one! 📺
2. Before falling back on TV though, send the kids outside! It is amazing how the fresh air and sunshine adjusts attitudes! 🌲 ☀️
3. Even though I *thought* Hazel was past the phase of taste testing EVERYTHING after her eating 1 bite from a Nerf ball, 1 tiny rubber hair tie and possibly 1 Lego I’m convinced that isn’t the case. 😋🐛.
4. Avery no longer plans on being the Hulk when he grows up because that isn’t realistic. He now plans to be a professional basketball player. The only question is, what team to play for? 🏀
5. Hazel actually sits still to let me do her hair if I let her play with her hair ties (hence item #3) 👧🏻
6. Braiding Hazel’s hair is easiest when coated in cinnamon roll frosting and watermelon juice🍉 (& I’m getter better at it!)
 |
| Today (Sunday) it was our nephew's/cousin's birthday so we baked a yummy chocolate cake at home and then enjoyed a brief FaceTime celebration with him and the rest of the Migrin crew. |
Video: Emma Lovin'
Video: Happy Birthday to Emmett
 |
Yum!!
|
 |
| FB Post: Well, it took me 15 months and a pandemic, but I finally finished our family tree❤️ |
 |
One of my best accomplishments of #QuarantineLife: Avery finally learned to put away his laundry!!
|
Video: Peek-a-Boo Hazel
No comments:
Post a Comment