Sunday, July 26, 2020

A2H 2020.15: Playing Catch-Up

Here I am, still many months from catching up on this blog.  I've debated several times of letting it go (as I'm pretty sure no one reads it anyway), but then I remember that one important person does read it: Me.  I love to go back and read about even the mundane of our life together and I love sharing these stories with the kids...and so here I am at 2:57 on a Friday afternoon after just waking from a much-needed nap trying to get a little bit of blogging done before Hazel wakes up and I once again have no time to myself.  Wish me luck! ;)  

Monday, April 6
This week was a beautiful spring week and we were able to spend a lot of time outside.  To make the week even better (looking on the bright side here) I had very little work to do this week which allowed me to spend a lot of extra time with our littles.



Video: Future WNBA :)

Video: Hazel's Adorable Baby Talk

Tuesday, April 7
One of the nice things during this pandemic has been the kids having to better learn how to entertain themselves when they become 'bored'.  For Avery, this has been an incredible amount of color-by-numbers and Legos.  For Asher, this has often meant cleaning.  We joked when he was little that he was our little "Danny Tanner", but that nickname remains.  The kid truly loves to clean and organize and while I do wish he would just enjoy his childhood more while he can, I also gotta say that I really can't complain!

In addition to getting a lot of extra time with the kids during this pandemic, we were also fortunate to have some extra time with Grandma and Papa.  Since everyone was always home, it was easy to get ahold of each other via FaceTime and while we couldn't physically be together, it did lessen the loneliness that I felt at times. <3




Besides playing outside and FaceTiming family, we also got to spend our time by washing the groceries...something I never thought I'd have to do, but here we are or were (or were as recommendations change daily and patience wains).



Probably the most exciting thing that happened throughout all of our home isolation time was Avery learning to ride a bike!  With the beautiful Spring weather we were having Avery decided he wanted to take the training wheels off his bike.  He was never real great riding the bike with training wheels, so I wasn't sure how it would go, but was excited that he wanted to try.  Apparently, they were simply holding him back.  After a couple wobbly attempts to ride at home I suggested we head to the nearby church parking lot where there is a lot of open space to practice.  As a family we headed over there and within 5-10 minutes of arriving he was basically a pro!









3 Videos: Avery Learns to Ride
(FB Post: 30 minutes after taking his training wheels off, this happened!! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป)
















I also have to say that without Asher's help, I am not sure we would have survived this time in our lives.  He is such a responsible little boy (almost to a fault), but he loves his little sister and although he does go a bit overboard at times, his help entertaining her so that we could get some work done was invaluable.  I can't wait (well I really can as a part of me wants them to stay little for as long as possible...or forever) to see what their relationship is like when they are both grown.  I hope it is as loving, patient and bonded as it is now. ๐Ÿ’–









When everyone is stuck at home it basically always feels like the weekend and with the weather as gorgeous as it was, there was no way we could refuse the boys' request for a campfire dinner. ๐Ÿ˜‹



๐Ÿ˜‚


It's hard to see but we even got a rainbow to cap off a pretty perfect Spring day.

See it?

Wednesday, April 8
Hazel helping Daddy rake.


Time at home wasn't all fun and games.  We did have work to do and the kids (well Asher mostly) had schoolwork.  With the weather getting better, it was also getting harder to focus on those responsibilities.  Enter Legos:

FB Post: Captain’s Log March Madness Day 25:  Judge me if you want, but desperate times call for desperate measures and I am not above bribing my crew to do their school work, chores and basically not drive me crazy! #coronavirius #saferathome #briberyworkswonders

Video: Our Adorable Dancin' Fool

Thursday, April 9
Asher having his first class meeting.

Avery got to have a class meeting too.  Watching a bunch of preschoolers attempt an online meeting was quite entertaining!


Video: Avery's Class Meeting

Avery talking on the 'phone' he made :)

Video: Hello?


As a challenge for Lego to donate Lego to kids in need during this time, we built this Duplos rainbow.  FB Post: #coronavirus #saferathome #alonetogether #letsbuildtogether #legoquaratinesurvivalchallenge

This meme rings especially true being home with the boys now 24/7.

Friday, April 10

FB Post: When there’s just one piece of chocolate cake left and you know it’s better to eat it than let the boys fight over who gets it ๐Ÿ˜‰ #takingonefortheteam #coronavirus #saferathome



Saturday, April 11
Superbaby



Video: Princess/Super Hazel



When Asher was a toddler, he LOVED to play with buttons.  He would sort them and drop them into containers for what was basically hours in toddler time.  When Hazel discovered my container of jewels leftover from her baby dedication party she, like Asher, enjoyed playing with them and dropping them into this pretzel container.  Unlike Asher though (who was good at not putting the buttons in his mouth),  I had to also retrieve several of them from inside her mouth.




Not only was this week a gorgeous Spring week, but it was also the Holy Week.  Typically we would head up to my parents' house for the weekend of Holy Week, but there is nothing typical about this year.  Instead, we celebrated Easter Weekend from our home.  On this afternoon, we worked together to color up our Easter eggs for the bunny to come and hide.
FB Post: Being home for Easter is a bummer. I miss visiting and celebrating with our family and friends up North, but it won’t stop us from making some family memories here and it won’t stop us from praising Jesus for His sacrifice and love!! Happy (almost) Easter!! #coronavirus #saferathome #eastermemories #babysfirsteggcoloring


































Video: Coloring Easter Eggs


When we were finished coloring eggs, we enjoyed some more quiet time at home and then the next day celebrated Easter together as a family...but for that you have to wait until next time...whenever that may be...





๐Ÿ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment