 |
| FB Post: One of my favorite memes so far. |
 |
Baby Girl learning to use my laptop. Her choice, NOT mine.
|
4 Videos: Bean Boozled
FB Post: Captain’s Log (Still) March Madness Day 30: Today the crew entertained themselves (and us) by trying some new foods. The boys braved some Bean Boozled Jelly Bellies they got from the
& Hazel insisted on trying one of my Sour Skittles 
. I, as Captain, just observed and laughed
#coronavirus #saferathome #beanboozled #ateam #littlemisssunshine
Video: Baby vs. Sour Skittle
Tuesday, April 14
Hazel started this day off with her own personal style. A boy's pair of striped footy pajamas (with a polar bear on them), her pink tutu and a flowered headband. While the outfit didn't really work in a fashion sense, it was a pretty great cover for our spunky little tyke.
 |
Asher & Avery checking out the road work.
|
 |
These two. My babies. Sometimes they are one & the same and other times they are oil and vinegar. Gotta Love 'Em!
|
 |
| As Hazel brought me books to read that night I had to wonder if she was describing me or herself with the titles? :P |
Wednesday, April 15
Working from home wasn't quite as difficult as I thought it would be, but it was definelty no picnic. The hardest part though was trying to juggle everything else AND care for a toddler. If I recall correctly, this day was particularly difficult as Hazel insisted on being held while I attempted to work at my computer.
 |
| FB Post: Found a fun activity to use up some Easter candy this morning |
 |
What better way to get rid of some Easter candy than toothpick & jelly bean building?
|
 |
What a goof!
|
Video: Little Stinker
3 Videos: Trolls Dance-Off
Video: Rocket Baby
Thursday, April 16
At this point in home isolation I was feeling pretty down. I was missing family and friends and sick of being cooped up in the house. Most of all I missed my mom. In the time since college, my mom has truly become my best girlfriend and the only adult I ever really talk to other than Eric. Thus, when it was announced that governor Evers extended the stay at home order until after Memorial Day it hit me hard. 😓
 |
Thinking of my mom, this made me laugh. (Don't worry Dad. I love you, but this is still funny!) :)
|

 |
Silly girl makes me laugh.
|
 |
Baby Girl enjoying the morning sunshine with Emma...
|
 |
...and now with Daddy.
|
 |
When Eric was a kid, he (for some reason) liked to wear socks on his hands. Hazel apparently enjoyed it too.
|
 |
| Probably one of the most common phrases in our household during home isolation was, "Hazel, can you go make me an ice cream?" Eric and I said this to her a lot as it was always an easy way to distract her from use for a few minutes while we got something done (or just needed a short break). |
 |
When I got Hazel from her afternoon nap, I found her undressing herself in her crib. I was thankful that she didn't make it down to her diaper!
|
Video: Crib Boredom
 |
| As I mentioned above, these two really love each other, but they have a very different relationship than Hazel and Asher do. While Asher loves to take care of Hazel and is very parental with her, Avery is a true brother to her and the two of them love to play and pick on each other, for better and worse. On this night we were watching Lego Masters (another of the best things to happen in 2020) and Hazel would not leave Avery alone. For a while he just smiled and let her pick on him while he watched the show, but apparently she was unhappy with the amount of attention she was getting from him so she pulled his hair and made him cry. Poor guy. If it were Asher he probably would have hit him, but thankfully he knows he can't be rough with his little sis. |
2 Videos: Annoying Lil' Sis
Friday, April 17
On Friday, we were entertained in the morning as we watched the workers come to trim up our tree in preparation of its later removal. I'm sad that the tree had to go, but it was nice that at least we got to be home to watch them take it down. It gave us something a little different to see from the safety of our living room.
 |
Game Changer: Hazel has figured out how to reach the countertops. *sigh*
|
 |
Just when we thought summer was just around the corner, it starts snowing.
|
 The kids got a little belated Easter surprise this week from Eric's parents. Part of it was a rock tumbler. To be honest I thought it was a little strange at first, but it turned out to be pretty cool. The boys really enjoyed checking out the status of the rocks every 5 days or so and it gave us something to look forward to...plus some very pretty rocks.
 |
FB Post: This morning’s quarantine entertainment #imissitalready #coronavirus #saferathome |
 |
| Pillow Fun! Eric really hates when the kids play with the couch cushions, but if they are letting me work, won't get hurt and aren't making a mess that cannot be easily cleaned I say go for it. I'm happy to see them playing together creatively...even if it does mean that the house is messy. |
 |
The boys are both really getting into board games these days, so when I have some free time I try to oblige...and by free time I mean the rare moments when I don't have to work and Hazel (who always wants to play with the pieces) is asleep.
|
 |
Starting her off young!
|
Another great thing to happen this year was John Krasinski's creation of Some Good News. It was a beacon in a dark time and I enjoyed seeing some positive stories to balance the bad. This week, John announced that SGN was going to host a Prom for all of the high schoolers who missed out on theirs. Needing something fun and uplifting to do with the kids, along with a reason to get dressed up I decided that we too would participate. Therefore on Friday afternoon the boys and I decorated the living room and then that evening we all got dressed up and enjoyed the SGN prom from the safety of our living room. The smiles that I saw on our family that night are possibly the best memory I have from this year so far! 💗  |
FB Post: It’s been a long time since we were in high school and it will be a while before we have kids in high school, but thanks to John Krasinski we are going to prom tonight from the comfort of our living room! . Join us! |
Saturday, April 18
 |
Trolls Movie Night
|
Sunday, April 19
Video: Tickles & Giggles
 |
We ended the week with a family (team) game of Guess Who. Avery was pretty sure that we got Papa! :P
|
No comments:
Post a Comment