Sunday, October 18, 2020

A2H 2020.40-41 - Full Swing

Well, Fall 2020 is in full swing and once again I am playing catch-up (I say that as if I actually caught up at some point, rather than simply continued being drastically behind in EVERYTHING).  My blog posts will continue to be a jumbled mess as I do my best to address the seasons of life that have been ignored to date.  Therefore here is a current post to try and write about life as we live it, with the hope and intent that I will get to the others still sitting in my cue sometime down the line...


Monday, September 28:
First, I have to say that Avery is LOVING kindergarten.  We are so happy that the boys could return to school and in-person learning.  While it is not completely without concerns for their health and that of the other staff and students at their school, it is a HUGE blessing.  The past month we have been working to get back to a routine and although it has been a challenge at times, it has also been a wonderful taste of normalcy.  I thought that the boys would hate wearing masks and complain about them constantly, but the truth is I have NEVER heard them complain about them even one time!  Similarly, I thought they would be frustrated by all of the changes made at school and being more or less confined to their classrooms, but they took it all in stride!  Kids are so much better than adults in so many ways!  They are so happy to be learning around others and outside of their home.  They are thrilled to be challenged and happy to have things to do outside of our home.  Prior to their return to school the boys were oil and water.  No matter what we did for them they just couldn't get along for anything.  School has changed that.  Their mentality has changed in so many ways the past few weeks that I truly know this is the best thing for them and am thankful for the teachers and staff at their school making it happen.💖
One of the many great things about Avery's new teacher is that she is great at posting pictures of the kids.  It is so fun to see how he is doing in school.  Here he is reading to his buddy Blacky that Mrs. Lawler gave to him.

Creating shapes and patterns.


Tuesday, September 29:
A few days before this, the boys were outside playing when a neighbor of ours gave them a set of LED gloves (brand new) that they didn't want/need.  Tonight Hazel discovered them.😆







Video: LED Glove Dance

Wednesday, September 30:
Today was an event that I wasn't sure would happen this year: School Picture Day!  The boys both got spiffed up and got their pictures taken in a tent outside at school.  We just got the pictures back this week and in my (very biased) opinion they are both totally adorable! 😍


Avery Migrin for President!!

Little Ham

Friday, October 2:
In addition to all of the wonderful things that we've gained by the boys going back to school another blessing is that Hazel and I now have our Friday morning Girl Time back!  Don't get me wrong, I love our boys dearly, but having some one-on-one time with this little lady again (which really hasn't happened in the past 6 months) is such a blessing.
Breakfast bagels with Mommy 🥯





"Cheese"


Video: "Cheese"

Meanwhile, the boys (well at least Avery) were having more fun learning at school...



need to get a hands-free phone for this one!  😆


Saturday, October 3:
This was a good week, but one of the things that wasn't so great is that my car died...twice.  On Wednesday night I had just driven from work to Hazel's daycare when my car decided to not start back up.  Eric had to pick up the boys and then come rescue me.  The same thing happened again on Thursday at work.  I drove there with no problems but when I tried to start the van to head home it was completely dead.  Again, Eric got the kids and then came to rescue me.  Once we got the van to start we drove it over to the Honda dealership up the street from my office and left it there.  They looked at it on Friday but could not figure out what was wrong so they offered us a loaner van to use while they continued to check it out.  Since we had to go up to Racine again anyway to pick it up, Eric suggested making the trip there more enjoyable with lunch and some family time at the zoo.

We enjoyed some tasty Georgie Porgies for lunch and while we had planned to eat outside we ended up eating indoors for the first time in 6 months!  It was a little strange eating indoors, and I felt like a bit of a rebel, but we found a secluded spot to eat at and it beat sitting outside in the cool and damp wind.
Our three little loves enjoying time outside of Georgie Porgies while our food was made.



These Two😍








10 years ago when our nephew Micah was a baby, Eric and I visited this zoo along with my parents, Aaron, Erika and Micah.  When we went over to see the giraffes, we were greeted with the sight of them mating.  Today when we went to see the Rhinos we were greeted with a similar sight.  It just so happens that Avery was most excited to see Rhinos as we headed to their exhibit, Eric veered off to the men's room.  The kids and I were watching the Rhinos for only a short moment when Avery yells out, "Mommy, the Rhinos are attacking each other!".  🙈  I had to take this wonderful shot to send to my brother and SIL.
 




Thankfully, the giraffes were behaving themselves today.




















Video: Peek-a-Boo Tiger



Sunday, October 4:
One Cool Chick!

Teamwork!

FB Post Sunday Evening: 
    Avery looking at the kitchen sink’s garbage disposal: “Yuck, that looks gross! What is it?!”
    Eric: “It’s good. We eat it. It probably thinks you look gross.”
    Avery: “No one can say I look gross! I’m beautiful!
yes you are baby boy. Yes you are.

Tuesday, October 6:
On Tuesday morning as I lay in bed waiting for my turn in the shower, I skimmed Facebook and found that a friend of mine announced that he had been voted out as pastor of his church last month because he had encouraged the leadership to abide but his govenor's mandates which was considered cowardly by the congregation.  Even his faith was questioned.  Although I don't even know this man well, this news broke my heart; not because of the news in and of itself, but because of the the state of our world right now.  So much hate...so much discord...so much selfishness...so much self righteousness.

My FB Post that morning: Before I got out of bed this morning I briefly skimmed FB and the weight of the world hit me like an elephant ninja. This year has been hard on everyone and it doesn’t seem to be letting up any time soon. Sickness, fires, riots, shootings, hurricanes, flooding, politics, unemployment...the list goes on. What has really got me down this morning is the world of hate and selfishness that seems to be running rampant and growing by the millisecond. In a world where everyone is at odds with one another I have never felt so alone. When 9-11 happened 19 years ago it was a very sad and awful time but out of the ashes came hope, love and unity. Where is that today?
I say this not to make you feel sorry for me, but to provide you with something real, something true, and to let you know that if you’re feeling the same you are not alone. More importantly, whether you lean left or right, guns or gun control, pro-life or pro-choice, BLM or ALM, pro-police or defund, Christian or other, gay or straight, vegetarian or carnivore, pastor or convicted felon, masks or mask-less, Star Wars or Star Trek YOU ARE LOVED. Never forget that Jesus Loves YOU...NO.MATTER.WHAT.
John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”
YOU ARE LOVED and if you ever need someone to talk to, please let me know.

Wednesday, October 7:
Don't I have anything better to do?  Well sure, but this was still fun ;)

FB Post: Just for fun! (I enjoyed this waaaayyy tooo much I think) 😂


Thursday, October 8:
I gotta say I relish having a little girl, but man do I fear the teenage years!!😳


Little Lady is NOT impressed about the fact that she cannot go play outside!

On this night, Eric picked the boys up after school and decided to take him to see a building that he is working on under construction.  Thus the boys had a fun little outing together while Hazel and I enjoyed some extra snuggles at home.




Friday, October 9:
On Friday Hazel and I enjoyed another girls' morning together.  After breakfast, some chores, a bath and a video chat with Grandma and Papa we did a little shopping.  Together we masked up and searched for some clothes for the boys and groceries.  She is such a great little shopper and loves just being out to explore the world around her.

Not sure, but she may be trying to pick her nose through her mask? 😉

I think all of our shopping really wore her out because she was ready for her nap when the time came and thrilled that I let her baby join her.

She was so tired that I had to wake her up in the afternoon so that we could all enjoy the remainder of the beautiful Fall day at the park.


At the park, the kids and I had a fun time playing on the equipment of one of their favorite parks...which we hadn't visited in over a year...Pre-COVID!  Hazel especially enjoyed the cars and 'drove' like a maniac.  Asher, apparently becoming too cool for parks, quickly lost interest in the playground equipment and instead climbed all of the trees he could reach.
FB Post: Loving this weather with my favorites!!








Man do I love this kid! 😍

Video: Slide Fun



Our little beauty.



Road Rage!


Avery really wanted to ride in one of the cars WITH Hazel but she was not excited about sharing.  After several attempts he finally got her to let him ride with her...

...it lasted only a minute or so and then she insisted he GET OUT!

That evening with no where to go, the boys and I entertained ourselves before bed with some silly photos...















Saturday, October 10:
On Saturday we enjoyed a productive morning.  The kids happily played outside while Eric and I worked to straighten up and clean the house.  Then after a lunch and Hazel's nap we all headed over to Jerry Smith's Pumpkin Farm for our annual fall fun there.  It was a great time, but I'll save it (and the TONS of pictures I took) for a separate post.




Sunday, October 11:
We had a pretty lazy day at home with a small break from our relaxation to go to church.

FB Post: A little LLBC style Cream of Wheat for breakfast this Fall morning♨️😋

Always my Little Miss Sunshine.🌞

Eric and Asher did enjoy another outing for a donut run together.

In the afternoon, the boys and I headed to Target to pick out Halloween costumes.  On the way there, Asher said that he wanted to be a Pokemon Squirtle and Avery wanted to be a Ninja.  After reviewing their options we came home with the Miles Morales Spiderman and a Harry Potter.




No comments:

Post a Comment