During A2H weeks 2020.49 and 2020.50 we continued life with much of the same as the weeks before: Working from home, schooling from home, daycaring from home and so on. When we weren't busy with those things we tried to get the house and ourselves into the Christmas spirit. We decorated, listened to Christmas music, made cookies and enjoyed the neighborhood lights and while we did enjoy those things Christmas just felt different this year.
Monday, November 30:
 |
| Pony rides in the basement: 50 cents. |
 |
| Hazel's favorite part of the boys' virtual schooling is SNACK TIME! |
 |
| I was feeling a little down today, so I treated myself to a cup of cocoa and some of the yummy brownie crunch popcorn my HS BFF sent us. <3 |
Video: Blowing Farts
This is what you get when your little girl spends so much time with her older brothers...
Tuesday, December 1:
 |
| Hazel hanging out with me (working) in the basement while the boys work and school upstairs. |
 |
| Avery's pretzel chain. |
 |
| Migrin Gang Bangers |
 |
| Asher trying on our newest Christmas decoration... |
 |
| Avery's turn... |
 |
...and Hazel's turn. FB Post: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas |
Video: Choo Choo
Hazel made her own "train". I love the imagination of children!
Wednesday, December 2:
 |
| While we are working/schooling during the day Hazel pretty much just gets her run of the basement. Operation: Destroy! |
 |
| Hazel checking out our newest new Christmas decoration. What would we do without free shipping? |
 |
| Our new dino buddy wearing Avery's old dino hat. |
Thursday, December 3:
 |
| Movie & Snacks...when all else fails. |
 |
| You just can't play Mr./Mrs. Potato Head without wearing the glasses. |
 |
| Our house all ready for Christmas. |
 |
| On Thursday I tried to get a little decorating done in the house by filing some baskets with leftover brush and Christmas bulbs. Hazel NEEDED to help me and also was quite sure that the baskets needed to go wherever she did. |
Friday, December 4:
 |
"The Before" On Friday I actually got out of the house!! After going 10 months without a haircut, I couldn't stand it anymore. Thus, I pampered myself with a three-hour trip to the salon for a cut and some highlights! It was so nice to enjoy a bit of adult conversation and time without work or kids! |
 |
| Wow. That is a lot of gray! |
 |
| "The After" |
 |
| When you still have some gourds left over from the Fall, you paint them up to make some snowmen. (unfortunately they rot out before you ever get around to finishing them 😝) |
 |
| Snuggled up with my favorites watching one of my favorite Christmas movies: Rudolph. |
Saturday, December 5:
Video: Morning Entertainment
On Saturday morning, we enjoyed a little time lazy in bed and Hazel entertained us with her dance in our bed to Moana
 |
| Soon after, it was time to motivate and head out for our family photos. I've always wanted to do a Christmas shoot and I found a great option through a friend. |
 |
| When we got home from our photoshoot (which was very efficient), Hazel had her own little photoshoot in our living room. ;) |
 |
| The boys working hard in the garage. |
 |
| Avery's design for my Christmas present (unbeknownst to me at the time) |
 |
| The artist hard at work. |
 |
| That night (Saturday), Eric introduced our family (me too) to The Nutcracker. We all enjoyed it (more than I thought we would), but Hazel was completely mesmerized! |
Video: The Nutcracker Ballet - Hazel Edition
Sunday, December 6:
 |
| FB Post: Virtual church communion improvisation (oyster crackers & apple juice in medicine cups) |
 |
| Finishing up The Nutcracker and I enjoyed watching Hazel as much as I enjoyed watching the show. |
Monday, December 7:
 |
| This pretty much explains how we all felt today. |
Video: Little TV Nerd
Hazel is such a little TV Nerd! I feel like a terrible parent for how much TV our little girl watches but what can I do? The boys enjoy watching shows and she watches with them, she enjoys watching shows and we let her at times because we are all home and we need the break at times and then there is Zelda. I have a love-hate (but mostly hate) relationship with the game that Eric and the boys adore. They spend SO MUCH TIME playing it and now even Hazel loves to sit and watch them play. Here, she is peacefully watching as Asher plays his 30 minute Zelda slot for the day.
 |
| Mondays are gym class day for Avery and he isn't a big fan of virtual gym class (I mean, who would be really?). On this day I had a REALLY hard day getting him to participate and eventually told him that he needed to practice the exercises/games so that we could do them as a family that evening. It worked (mostly), but that meant that the kids and I spent the evening kayaking through rapids, dancing, jumping in virtual boxes and rivers, etc. It was fun and Eric spent the time laying on the couch laughing at us. |
 |
| When we were done with our virtual exercise, Eric and the kids enjoyed a peaceful moment under teh Christmas tree. |
 |
| That evening we also attempted to play our new Pancake Relay game that my HS BFF sent us. Unfortunately, every time we try to play it seems to end in tears. |
Tuesday, December 8:
 |
| Because, why not? |
Video: Flip the Switch
When Asher turned one, my dad made him a Busy Board with latches, switches, etc. on it to play with. Today Eric convinced Hazel that the switch on the board controls the Christmas lights in the basement. Her faces were priceless!
 |
| Avery wrote all the way to 100! |
Wednesday, December 9:
 |
| Avery's new desk arrived and Emma enjoyed the new perch it provided. |
Thursday, December 10:
 |
When you do EVERYTHING at home, you NEED to get out once in a while. Therefore, we spent a few of the warmer winter nights this month walking around our neighborhood to enjoy our the local lights. It was nice to have a little family time and fresh air...and this year we could all use some more light in our lives!
|
Video: Cat Walk
Today was Eric's cousin's son's birthday. She wanted to make the day special for him, so she sent out a message to all of the family to request that we send a video birthday message for him. Since he is a few years older than Asher we get a lot of his hand-me-downs. Thus, Eric suggested that we all wear a piece of his old clothing in the video. We sat down together right before bedtime to make it and at the last minute decided that we should model the clothes for him. This is what we ended up with!
Friday, December 11:
 |
| On Friday morning, my mom arrived at our home for our annual Christmas Cookie Baking. Since March I had wondered if and how we would be able to make and distribute cookies this year. Then in November I made a flier about the cookies which I delivered to each of the houses on our street. Not knowing if people would be comfortable receiving cookies this year, I asked them to let me know if they wanted a plate of cookies and then I planned accordingly. I received requests cookie plates from 6 of the 17 houses on our street. So while it was only about a third of what I usually delivered I planned to make about half of what we normally make and we set to work (while trying to be as health-conscious as possible). |
 |
| Hazel with her very first Christmas cookie. |
Saturday, December 12:
 |
| On Saturday, I spent most of the morning finishing up Christmas cookies, straightening up the house and researching/ordering Christmas presents. Hazel needed a little entertainment, so I filled the sink and let her at it! She was thrilled...and soon VERY wet. ...now she thinks she needs to help 'wash' the dishes all the time! |
Video: Toddler Washer
 |
| Eric spent much of his Saturday morning assembling Avery's new desk. Then I spent the afternoon working with the boys to clean up their room and organize Avery's new workspace. He was so excited and loves having his own space....which stays surprisingly clean considering...it's Avery. |
 |
| FB Post: When you ask the kids to straight up the basement... |
 |
| Movie time with the family... |
 |
| = snuggles with Daddy. |
Sunday, December 13: |
| Hazel enjoyed so more sleepy snuggles with Daddy on Sunday at church |
 |
| Just Kidding!! I'm not sleepy Daddy! |
 |
| Reading Buddies |
No comments:
Post a Comment