This past Sunday, Asher was dedicated along side a bunch of his buddies at our church. It was a nice ceremony where we promised to raise Asher according to God's word and guidance, and where each baby was prayed for by Pastor Dave individually. Both sets of our parents along with Aaron, Erika, Micah and Caleb joined us in church for the ceremony. Afterward, we had a little party/brunch at our home.
+Asher's+Dedication+-Invitation.jpg) |
| When I was thinking about Asher' dedication party, I decided that I wanted to have a Little Lamb theme. I found this handprint-lamb idea on Pinterest and made them with Asher. Then I made some lamb cupcakes from my Martha Stewart cupcake book. |
Video: Dedication Introduction
Video: Dedication Vows
+Asher's+Dedication+-Mike,+Heidi,+Jaxson,+Theo,+Fabien+&+Britni.jpg) |
| Mike, Heidi & Jaxon Bailie / Theo, Fabien & Britni Laillet / Shannon, Caitlin, Bill & Emily Miller |
+Asher's+Dedication+-Me,+Eric,+Asher,+Tom,+Alex+&+AJ.jpg) |
| Me, Eric & Asher / Tom, AJ & Alex Dryer |
Video: Theo's Dedication Prayer (I had Aaron record this, since Britni & Fabien's family were not able to make it).
Video: Asher's Dedication Prayer
+Asher's+Dedication+-Pastor+Dave,+Asher,+Me+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Posing with Pastor Dave...Asher wasn't very interested in taking pictures |
The party afterwards was small, but nice. We had
Paula Deen's Overnight French Toast (which was awesome), an overnight
Farmer's Casserole (which was also very good), some fruit salad, banana bread, Dunkin Donuts Munchkins, and yogurt. It was a simple meal, but very tasty and it was nice to have it all ready to go the night before. At the party, we all had a good time catching up with one another, and the kids had a good time playing with Asher's toys in the basement.
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Mrs.+M,+Theo,+Mom+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Eric's Mom holding Theo |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Theo.jpg) |
| Theo Laillet |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Sheep+Cupcake.jpg) |
| The cupcakes I made (with Eric's mom's help) for the party |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Sheep+Cupcakes.jpg) |
| The sheep in their "pasture" |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Theo+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Future buddies |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Theo+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Theo looks annoyed that Asher is enjoying his toy so much! |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Caleb.jpg) |
| Caleb enjoying his cupcake. |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Caleb+&+Micah.jpg) |
| This totally looks like an Aaron face...mess and all! |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Kaden+&+Eric.jpg) |
| Kaden & Eric enjoying their cupcakes. |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Eric,+Asher,+Me,+Theo,+Britni+&+Fabien.jpg) |
| A group picture of the newly dedicated babes and their parents...It looks like Asher is beating up on Theo, but really he is consoling him. |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Asher,+Mom+&+I.jpg) |
| laughs with Mommy & Grandma K |
Asher was also lucky enough to get a few gifts. Thank you everyone for your generosity, thoughtfulness and making this day a special one for us to remember!
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Dad,+Mom,+Asher,+Me,+Eric,+Mrs.+&+Mrs.+M.jpg) |
| Eric, Asher & I with all the grandparents. |
+Asher's+Dedication+Party+-Mrs.+M+&+Asher.jpg) |
| Once everyone left, Asher was VERY ready for a nap. Eric's mom scooped him up and he quickly transitioned to sleep mode. |
Video: An exhausted little boy's sleepy talk
No comments:
Post a Comment