A LONG time ago, I thought it would be a good idea to copy all things baby-related from my and Eric's Facebook accounts to a blog entry. Since our lives these days (in the era of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) are so "public" I figured this would be a good way to journal/log all of the high and low points form Asher's first year (& my pregnancy leading up to it). I had NO idea how HUGE this blog entry would end up being...actually, I am a bit embarrassed by it and the proof that I apparently spend WAY TO MUCH TIME on facebook. Oh well, here is is nonetheless... I will warn you that this entry is INCREDIBLY long, so read at your own risk. It is a great summary of our first year as parents with tender heart-felt moments, obvious frustrations and one adorable little boy all rolled up together. If you don't want to read it, don't worry...I mostly just complied this for my own purposes and totally understand that it is "a bit much" for anyone else to commit to. However, if you are so inclined to continue the pictures at a minimum are quite enjoyable and if you're really willing to commit many of the posts and comments gave me a good laugh...
The Outcome:
(Tracy's Post) January 1, 2012: Happy 2012! I am excited to see what God will do this year.
(Tracy's Post) January 2, 2012: Not a fun day today. I kind of feel like death warmed over.
(Tracy's Post) January 3, 2012: Trying to get up the courage to eat something.
(Tracy's Post) January 4, 2012: Thought I was better today, but now I'm not so sure. I wish I was back home in bed.
(Tracy's Post) January 6, 2012: I've got Qdoba on the brain...again.
-Amber S, "That's never a bad thing..."
(Tracy & Eric's Post) February 20, 2012:
-Maryann H, "Oh this is TOOOOO cute!!!"
-Christina O, "LOVE that belly! sweet announcement"
-Stacey D, "This is great news! Congrats I was wondering with all the pinterest cribs"
-Samantha B, "Congratulations!! Emma will have a playmate."-Grace T, "whoo hoo!!!! i'm SOOO excited for you guys! that is awesome news! how are you feeling?
-Jessica R, "Congratulations! Now have Eric practice diapering on the dog! From the size of that little belly I'm hoping you're past the sickness and complete exhaustion part and are starting to enjoy it. So happy for you guys!"
-Erika K, "Yay! The cat's out of the bag!! Can't wait to meet him or her!"
-Gina H, "Congratulations!!! Fun way to announce such great news!"
-Valerie H, "hahah...awesome!!" & "this reminds me of something we would have done in high school!! ;o)"
T-racy M, "Thank you everyone! Eric & I are super excited and have been waiting a long time for this. Grace, I have been feeling pretty good and lately feeling huge, but I know I have a long way to go! Jessica, Yes-I am 20 weeks along and for the most part things have gotten easier (other than sleeping, that has been difficult)." & "Valeria-Definetly! ...to be clear though: the props, not the pregnancy!"
-Tess R, "Cute idea guys!!! COngratulations!!! Hope you enjoy your pregnancy and we're excited to have another new sweet baby around! :)"
-Brian O, "eric!!!! i love you!!!!! congrats bro!!!!!
-Jen P, "what a cute way to announce! you guys are too cute! so happy for you!! :)"
(Tracy's Post) February 21, 2012: Just ate 3 month old string cheese by accident. Not my best moment.
-Amber S, "OK, I have to know what that was like..... Did you eat the whole thing? Only a bite? At any point did you think, "Huh, something's not right here..." <----- All things I must know."
-Tracy M, "Amber, I ate about 1/2 of it. I thought all along that it didn't taste/smell right, but since I am pregnant and currently have a cold, I just thought it was one of those factors. Eventually I caught on and looked at the date on the packaging...and then I almost threw up."
-Amber S, "OK WHOA!!! I DID NOT KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT!!!!! OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!"
-Tracy M, "Thanks Amber. I just figured that you had seen our announcement that we put up on FB last night by now."
-Amber S, "Nope, I haven't had time to go through all of the updates.. But I could not be happier for you Tracy! Prayers for your blessings!"
-Britni L, "Nope, I haven't had time to go through all of the updates.. But I could not be happier for you Tracy! Prayers for your blessings!"
-John P, "Almost?"
(Tracy's Post) February 23, 2012: I started a blog a couple of months ago to inform family/friends of what is going on in our life. I don't know if anyone ever reads it, but at least it helps me to put my thoughts down and remember some of this. If you are interested, feel free to take a look. :)
http://unmeasurablyblessed.blogspot.com/
-Megan P, "yes Tracy, you will see your belly button again, however, it may not be in the same exact same place"
-Samantha B, "I have to say, I never liked the 3D images. They are weird. As for the "adventures in babysitting", it will be so much different when it's your kid. God made little him or her just for you & Eric & He will also give you the skills to care for him/her. You two are going to be great parents! Hey, no one knows what they are doing. I've always listened to the advice everyone gives (cause some of it is useful) but follow what your instincts are. You will know what is best for your little blessing."
-Susan S, "(tee hee, Megan!!!) this is great! thanks for sharing!! i have been following your scrapbook posts religiously, and right about Christmas time, i had this feeling that for sure i knew what was coming in the next one!! but i was wrong! but i wasn't!!! Just so excited for you! just so you know, they start out as babies...heheh, which allows us to get our bearings! they will never remember the baby years! you guys will be wonderful parents...God created both of you EXACTLY how He wanted for this precious little being!!!
-Tracy M, "Curious Susan-why did you think I was pregnant?"
-Susan S, "b/c i just FELT it! i can't really explain it! i just felt like the scrapbook pics in your blog were going to be the next ones to come...and they did, but not when i felt they were going to!"
-Susan S, "i was even reading into your fb posts to see if i was missing something...and nothing! it's just so crazy that you actually were!"
-Vicki M, "I love your blog which I follow with every new post! I really thought you were making a heart on your belly but I just realized it was an M. Cool! I liked Eric's post too, sooo cute to see my son as a soon-to-be father. Love you three so much :-)))"
-Jaime K, "Oh Tracy! I am so excited for you!"
-Jaime K, "Oh Tracy! We tried for years also!! I just cried reading your blog. We were actually told that we'd never conceive naturally... Well we proved them wrong! I have been through the years of waiting and I am just so happy for you! You will be able to minister to so many other Christian ladies as this is the loneliest area of life. Waiting to get pregnant! I will be praying for all 3 of you!"
(Tracy's Post) February 25, 2012: I think I finally understand what heartburn feels like.
-John S, "Ughhh like swallowing a box of nails!"
-Jaime K, "I am just so happy for you! Cherish EVERY "bad" symptom"
-Becky B, "The joys of pregnancy...it's the only time I ever had it."
-Debbie K, "Not a need to know :("
-Deb T, "I think the theory of lots of heartburn = lots of hair is pretty accurate."
(Tracy's Post) February 29, 2012: The nursery finally seems to be coming together. Now, if I could just set my mind on a paint color, we could get it started...
-Jenny P, "paint color...paint color....I'm feeling your paint pain, Tracy! I'm sure whatever you choose, the baby will love it!"
-Valeria H, "Can't wait for more details and pics"
-Aaron C, "May as well do blue, cuz your all boy"
-Lia P, "@ Aaron (sigh...) :)"
-Lia P, "@ Tracy I personally think one of the best things is painting and pickign the colors! Have un and good luck!"
(Sarah D's Post) March 1, 2012: Tracy -- so excited for you guys. We had some tough times too and I think it makes the pregnancy a little scary (hoping everything goes okay) but at the same time that much sweeter. I'm due just a few weeks before you and I'm going through the same anxiety about the nursery. I have had so many different versions sketched out. Must be the non-committal part of me but I want it to be perfect too and realize that I'll probably spend lots of hours in the rocking chair that has yet to be placed in the corner We'll be thinking of you and praying for you guys!!!
-Tracy M, "Thank you Sarah. We are both very excited and happy that this time in our lives has finally come...We can't wait for July! I also find it kind of funny that you, me, Christopher S, and Kevin V are all expecting our first babies this summer!"
-Christopher S, "I love the fact that ALL women seem to obsess about nursery's, clothes, and silly things like that....It's a baby and he or she will be happy as long we love the child to death! I am so happy for all of us. It is exciting, scary, and miraculous all at the same time. KVQ and I cannot know what it is like to have the baby grow in us, but I am sure he would agree, that it is a blessing to see our wives nurture, love, and grow our babies. I know it is not always fun for you ladies, but thank you for being so awesome. We could never do it! We would be on bed rest for 9 months...at least 7 of them for sure! July cannot come fast enough, yet at the same time it is going so fast. I wish all of us the best of luck and may God give us the strength to be good, patient, kind, and loving parents!"-
-Tracy M, " In addition to your note Chris, I will just say that I am not obsessed with clothes and other stuff, but as an architect and designer the nursery is of great importance to me. I know the baby won't care, but we still have to enjoy the space, as we'll be spending a lot of time in there (btw my husband is also an architect). ...plus I've had years of waiting for this and dreaming what the nursery might look like. ...just like I am sure KVQ cannot wait to get his cameras in action on his little guy"
-Christopher S, "touche!!!"
-Sarah D, "I wish I had your talent Tracy to even think about the nursery from an Architect's point of view. My obsession is simply the bedding colors, curtains, etc. Nothing too cool. Chris, Kevin -- so excited for you guys too. You have a big job too -- a very important one -- as the spiritual leaders of your family. It's one of those things that makes you stop think about where you are in your life and the kind of role model you want to be. I think the Lord will use it in all of our lives to strengthen and grow us. My mother in law said that once you're a parent, you never stop worrying and I know that will be my tendency but for the grace and peace that only God can provide. Well...just a few more months and we'll be livinig it in action!!!!"
(Rhonda H's Post) March 1, 2012: Tracy I am sooooo excited for you and Eric! A great and amazing adventure lies ahead for you both! Your blessings are only beginning! I am truly happy for you both!
(Tracy's Post) March 4, 2012: Started painting the nursery today & hoping that it turns out the way I've imagined it.
-Tess R, "How exciting! What theme are you going with?"
-Tracy M, "I didn't pick out a bedding or anything, so it is a bit eclectic. Kind of hard to explain, but it is fairly bold and contemporary. Hopefully it turns out the way I want it to."
(Tracy's Post) March 7, 2012: Attention Moms (& Dads): I have begun to think about our baby registry (since we have to travel for our showers, they are going to be a bit earlier than the probably norm), but I don't really know much about babies and am finding the selections overwhelming. Any suggestions that you have would be appreciated (ie, products to register for, products that many register for but are not necessary, or specific products/brands that you love/hate). Thanks!
(Tracy's Post) March 8, 2012: Thanks for all of the AMAZING feedback that I received from several of you yesterday. It has been very helpful and if you think of anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know! Question 2: We are considering the use of cloth diapers...any thoughts?
(Tracy's Post) March 11, 2012: Phase 2 of the Nursery starts right now!
(Eric's Post) March 12, 2012: Watching our baby making Tracy's belly move. So cool, and a little strange too. God is awesome!
-Alexandra D, "Yay!!! You got to SEE movement :)"
(Tracy's Post) March 15, 2012: It may just be all this sunshine getting to me, but I feel SO blessed...nope it is not the sunshine, it is true...a loving husband, baby on the way and an amazing God I truly am blessed
-Deb T, "remember this when the baby is screaming in the middle of the night and you've had no sleep in weeks!....but enjoy the feeling now"
(Eric's Post) March 14, 2012: Eating lunch outside with my pup. The only thing that could make it better would be having Tracy and our baby here. What a beautiful day God has given us.
-Tracy M, "That would make my lunch better too! :) Love you!"
-Deb T, "remember this when the baby is screaming in the middle of the night and you've had no sleep in weeks!....but enjoy the feeling now"
(Tracy's Post) March 23, 2012: 25 weeks down, 15 to go
(Tracy's Post) March 25, 2012: We have entered a new phase in life. No longer the young married couple, but now a young mini-van driving family!
-Jenny P, "Oh my goodness....two young, hip architects in a mini van? Forgive me if I don't make eye contact for a while! Seriously, congratulations... PS if you ever get tired of that tree behind the van, we'll take it!"
-Scott C, ";ooks like it could fit some advil....for your nighttime feva!"
-Deb T, "ha! you know your growing up when......"
-Eric M, "I prefer to think of it as our swagger wagon." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4&feature=youtube_gdata_playe
-Britni L, "they see me rollin, they hatin..."
(Tracy's Post) March 27, 2012: Pregnancy is pretty much kicking my butt today
-Gina H, "I so understand how you feel. The newborn thing kicked my butt yesterday, but it is so much more fun to have him kick my butt from outside of the womb. Hang in there."
-Jessica R, " I promise it will all be worth it! So much so you will forget most of the bad and remember a time when you had him or her all to yourself, even if that means thrust against your bladder."
-Maryann H, "It will continue to...until he/she is in your arms :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 1, 2012: It only took me a month, but I've finally finished painting the nursery walls!!
(Tracy's Post) April 3, 2012: Our crib came today and we just couldn't wait to put it together!!
-Beth S, "Time yourself and see how long it takes to put it together. It is the first of many kid things you will need to master."
-Tracy M, "I think it took us about a half hour or maybe a little bit more. It was easier than I thought it'd be."
-Beth S, "Wow that is fast."
-Jenny P, "I've heard that Architects are always showing off... ;)"
-Deb T, "you're too cute, Tracy...can't wait to share mommy stories together!"
(Tracy's Post) April 6, 2012:
-Nicole S, "oh WOW! This is SPECTACULAR!!!!"
-Amber S, "THAT'S AWESOME!!!!"
-Tracy M, "Thanks. It was a lot of work, but I really like the way it is turning out."
-Bonnie R, "Baby M is a very lucky little baby!!!! Beautiful"
-Stacey D, "that is beautiful!!!!"
-Gretchen F, "Very cute nursery, Tracy! What a great idea!"
-John P, "My daughter would like to talk to you :)"
-Richenda P, "THIS IS AWESOME!"
-Britni L, "gorgeous!!! must feel great to be done finally, too...love the crib btw!"
(Tracy's Post) April 6, 2012: Posing with our new crib. Thank you Mom & Dad M!
-Amber S, "Look at that baby in your belly!!! Ohhhhh! :)"
-Richenda P, "Cool crib, too!"
-Kattie C, "Not sure which is more adorable, you two or the room!"
(Tracy's Post) April 9, 2012: Eating lunch & watching my stomach move all over the place...it is a little creepy.
-Heather R, "just wait till you will be able to make out a hand or foot from the outside of your belly!!"
-Doree H, "Isn't that the best?!?!"
-Heather R, "thats what i think i miss the most....feeling the baby move inside! knowing you have created and now helping grow a beutiful baby!! but after 5 csections it was time for me to get things tied and snipped! lol"
-Deb T, "fun! and totally weird at the same time.... I swore E's foot was crammed up in my rib cage forever. after she was born one foot was very flat and could bend all the way up to touch her leg. dr.s agreed that it was the same foot that was crammed in my rib cage!! After a couple weeks it was perfectly normal Funny how they decide to postion themselves sometimes."
-Susan S, "wonderful and creepy at the same time!!! just think, in a few short months, you'll be eating lunch while holding baby on the OTHER side!!!! @ heather, i thought 4 c-sections was super crazy! guess i was wrong"
-Tracy M, "Susan...I can barely wait!"
-Maryann H, "it's the creepiest, most awesome thing ever!"
(Tracy's Post) April 11, 2012: Glucose test today...let the good times roll
-Bryan S, "Jessi still can't drink orange soda..."
(Tracy's Post) April 15, 2012: I need to stop going on Pinterest, or I am never going to run out of projects for the nursery.
(Tracy's Post) April 20, 2012: found out that I failed my glucose test and now need to take the 3 hour one tomorrow morning...lucky me.
-Deb T, "it sucks! I had to do that too. turned out everthing was normal, but I was STARVING! and sitting for hours in the Dr. office is sooo uncomfortable.....but have fun!"
-John P, "Jen did that too with one of the girls. It was the Snickers bar."
(Tracy's Post) April 21, 2012: Apparently this morning is the morning for glucose tests. There are 4 of us preggos waiting in here. PS: the 3 hour drink is much nastier than the 1 hour drink...I am focusing on not throwing it up so that I don't have to do this again.
-Vicki M, "Not throwing up is a good thing"
(Tracy's Post) April 21, 2012: One more blood draw to go...good thing too, my arm is getting bruised
(Tracy's Post) April 23, 2012: Today I was telling my coworker how I had failed my 1st glucose test and that I had to retake it this weekend. He (who has already asked me how much I weigh now) started to say "I was wondering about that because you..." He trailed off and I am pretty sure caught himself from saying "...because you are getting really big." I am thinking he needs to get a kick in the pants pretty soon
-Deb T, "okay, I won't bore you with anymore stories of my pregnancy...except this one more! I had a neighbor (male) who insisted I was due any day when I was 7 months pregnant. He always said how huge I was and seriously didn't take any suttle cues to shut up! Hang in there. ...oh, I'm betting this guy will be the one who calls it a he if it's a girl wearing pink from head to toe too!"
-Susan S, "haha. he sure does you are so not that big. dude"
-Jenny W, "Make sure when you kick him he's facing you.."
-Beth S, "I was amazed at all the rude comments people think they can make to a pregnant woman. You think they would know better. Before we told anyone we were pregnant with Lewis I had a lady at work pat me on the tummy and ask if I was pregnant again because I was getting a pooch. I still don't really like her. I wish I would have said that yes I am expecting an my pooch is still smaller that yours. Hang in there you are doing great."
-Fabien L, "A glucose test next week end? I thought you were due this week!"
-Fabien L, "Sorry Tracy but I could not resist. I admit it was a low shot"
-Tracy M, "It's okay...I'll let Eric beat you up later. :)"
- Britni L, "I agree with Susan I do not think you are that big!!! if you ask me you look perfectly normal for how far along you are."
(Tracy's Post) April 25, 2012: An answer to prayer: I passed my 3 hr. glucose test! The doctor said she was surprised, because usually patients with the level I had on my first test always fail the 3 hr. Good news...although I was told to watch my carbs so the baby doesn't get too big.
-Michelle E, "way to go momma!!!"
-Ruth H, "Will you watch the carbs going in? on the plate? in the oven?
-Tracy M, "thanks for the laugh Ruth...probably all of the above, but I am trying to be goodish, because I don't have the pipes yet to carry around a gigantic baby!"
-Katie N, "Tell Eric to hide the stash! He could call Emil and get some tips...I bought two different pints of ice cream the other day and he was not a happy camper. So happy for you! Those tests sure sounded like an ordeal and a half!"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2012: Thank you to everyone that made our day special. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends & family to join in our celebrations, shower us with gifts, and show us love. Thank you everyone!
(Tracy's Post) April 30, 2012: We have started the process of looking for daycare, after finally calling someone that was recommended to us. We are meeting with her on Thursday night, so I have 2 questions: For those of you that live in the Kenosha area-Is there anywhere/one that you would recommended or have heard good/bad things about? For those above and everyone else-What kinds of questions should we ask when we meet with this lady and any others...and if you're willing to share what is the typical going rate for daycare?
![]() |
| Photo (C) Jen Prouty Photography |
-Jen P, "my cousin and his beautiful wife....so, so excited for them!
-Britni L, "great picture of you, guys!! love the lighting, the outfits, setting... glad the weather worked out, too!"(Tracy's Post) May 2, 2012: (via Jen Prouty Photography) their first baby...emma. it was her birthday on this shoot too! :)"
-Gretchen F, "she's a cute baby too! :)"
-Vicki M, "What a cute family, waiting for the next additional-Baby Bono!"
-Susan S, "awwww, lil emma..."
-Britni L, "haha she looks so bored"
-Ruth H, "This is GREAT!!! love the dog..."
-Ruth H, "OK, love you two too!"
-Tracy M, "Lol. Thanks Ruth"
-Tracy M, "I love how Emma is pouting off to the side."
-Eric M, "Jen, I hope you are saying that Emma didn't like the moment and not that you don't like the dog. In her defense, we were holding her hostage on her birthday...and this is her signature pose."
-Jen P, "of course the moment!! i love her expression....if dogs could roll their eyes she would so be rolling her eyes over the kiss!! i adore little ms. emma!!"
-Amy F, "This is the cutest picture ever!!!"
-Christina O, "Love the dog, looking left out! Haha!"
-Vicki M, "Emma is a princess--and that kiss is beautiful!"
-Tracy M, "I love how Emma is pouting off to the side."
-Eric M, "Jen, I hope you are saying that Emma didn't like the moment and not that you don't like the dog. In her defense, we were holding her hostage on her birthday...and this is her signature pose."
-Jen P, "of course the moment!! i love her expression....if dogs could roll their eyes she would so be rolling her eyes over the kiss!! i adore little ms. emma!!"
-Amy F, "This is the cutest picture ever!!!"
-Christina O, "Love the dog, looking left out! Haha!"
-Vicki M, "Emma is a princess--and that kiss is beautiful!"
(Jen Prouty Photography's Post) May 2, 2012: my eyes got a little bit misty when eric looked at me with a little smile and said 'my lips just got a little kick'.....
-Gretchen F, "beautiful picture!"
-Christina D, "I love this picture!!"
-Amy F, "Awwwww!!!!!"
-Vicki M, "That's my grand baby :)"
-Sarah D, "So special!"
(Tracy's Post) May 4, 2012: Tonight we received out car seat & stroller (a BIG thank you to those of you that gifted it to us). Although you'd think this would have happened with the crib, there is something about owning a car seat & having it in our house that makes me think...holy cow we are going to have a baby in 2 months!!!
-Stacey D, "Everytime you make a baby post it makes me smile."
-Tess R, "Yay! Definitely starts to feel more real when the baby items start adding up !"
-Erika K, "Just wait until it's in the car! :)"
-Joei M, "it is the best thing ever being a mama! so excited for you!"
(Tracy's Post) May 9, 2012: I'd really like the blueberry muffin fairly to come for a visit this morning...if only.
-Lia P, "Yum me too!"
-Erika K, " I wish we lived closer... the boys and I would bring you one!"
-Tracy M, "I wish you lived closer to Erika, but not just for a blueberry muffin!"
-Eric M, "I suppose this post would explain the box of blueberry muffins on the back porch. I thought that was kind of strange."
-Tracy M,"Don't tease me!"
-Eric M, "I'm not teesing. I thought it was marge until I saw your post."
-Britni L, "He's not teesing Tracy! go check your back porch, I want to know if the blueberry muffin fairy came!"
-Tracy M, "she did come! I can't believe it!"
-Britni L, "haha that's amazing, next time wish for the million dollary lottery fairy!"
(Tracy's Post) May 9, 2012: When I posted my status this morning, I had no idea that the Blueberry Muffin Fairy actually exists, but apparently he or she does, because when I came home there was a box of muffins waiting for me!! Seriously, to whomever decided to drop those off at our house: You Are Awesome! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness and generosity!
-Richenda P, "Britni Blueberry L"
-Britni L, "haha wish i'd seen the "wish" in time to be the Blueberry Muffin Fairy, but sadly for me, and lucky for Tracy, i was beat to it by someone else. "
-Richenda P, "Fairy Goooodmother Susan?!"
-Britni L, "she does live right down the street, she was my first suspect."
-Lia P, "Yeay! :DDDDDDD Oh when you learn who the fairy is let me know! ;))))"
(Tracy's Post) May 9, 2012: My blueberry muffin this morning was delicious!
-Jenny P, "I baked them myself and then put them in the store box with the stickers just so you wouldn't know how I slaved and slaved....Oh wait, lying is a sin, right? Sigh... So happy you're enjoying your muffins!! If they had been banana or pumpkin, I might have snapped them up...oops....stealing's out too, right? "
(Erika K.'s Post) May 12, 2012: What a day!! Started with a wonderful baby shower for Tracy, followed by a battle of wills with the boys over naps (I think it was a draw), and a fun evening with friends and family.
(Tracy's Post) May 16, 2012: I think I'll be wearing mostly just flip flops for the next 2 months.
-Deb T, "The one good thing about being pregnant during the summer! no more bending to put on shoes, just slip on the flip flop!"
(Tracy's Post) May 16, 2012: I think that Eric might be nesting...
-Jenny P, "With all of those trees in the nursery, it's no wonder!"
-Eric M, "Excuse me! I am just getting rid of all the junk that we have been pack ratting for the past 10 years"
-Jenny P, "We've been pack ratting for a decade too, Eric...fess up, you stashed it in a pod somewhere because you don't want to have to share it with one more person..."
-Eric M, "The only people sharing the stuff that I got rid of ate those guys who collect scrap metal on trash day."
-Pete M, "Ha! Nesting..."
(Tracy's Post) May 21, 2012: Today was a first: I intentionally wore my slippers to work...only 6 1/2 weeks to go!
-Erika K, "That's awesome! I wish I could have done that when I was pregnant, but they seemed to frown on slippers at UPS"
-Tracy M, "I am not sure if my boss would approve either, but since I sit most of the time, I doubt he'll notice...plus, my slippers are leather and basically look like shoes."
-Vicki M, "Awesome...hang in there Tracy"
(Tracy's Post) May 22, 2012: I wish I would have started by Thank You cards BEFORE my fingers started to go numb...would have made the process much easier.
(Eric's Post) May 22, 2012:
(Eric's Post) May 24, 2012:
We got to see our little baby on ultrasound again today. What an amazing blessing that God has created for us. I'm so excited to meet our little baby in 6 weeks!
-Erika K, "We can't wait either! :)"
(Eric's Post) May 26, 2012: Oh boy, Big Boys! We tried to eat as much bacon and eggs as Ron Swanson, and this is what happened.
-Scott C, "Why do I also have an unhealthy love for Big Boy and its 2,000 calorie meals?"
-Vicki M, "I still think Big Boy wins!"
(Tracy;s Post) May 26, 2012: "Babymoon" Day 2: laying in bed & listening to the rain (& loving it)
(Eric's Post) May 26, 2012: Tracy, Baby Migrin and (soon to be Uncle Rob) at Big Boy.
(Tracy's Post) May 30, 2012:
-Judy S, "Love it:)"
-Amy F, "Awww:)"
-Jenny P, "beautiful...surely you have something for Emma too? Or is she the proud owner of that lovely lawn? :)"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, she is the keeper of the grass & does a great job protecting it for us"
-Vicki M, "That new chair is perfect for the little dude/dudette-LOVE it"
(Tracy's Post) May 31, 2012: I wish I could rationalize with Baby M. that we'd probably both feel better if he/she would allow me to breathe
-Mike B, "Heidi is trying to convince jaxson that her ribs aren't fun to kick"
-Jaime K, "you will know when baby drops as all of a sudden you realize you can breathe. it is such a feeling of relief."
(Eric's Post) June 6, 2012: Only 30 days left until we get to see the cute little feet that have been kicking me on a daily basis (through Tracy's belly.) I am so excited to see what God has created for us!
-Tracy M, "Still hoping he or she has your mini toes!"
-Vicki M, "Hey those are grandma smiley toes"
(Tracy's Post) June 6, 2012: ...off to put my feet up...before my toes fall off
-Maryann H, "oh I remember those days! Hang in there!!!!"
-Gina H, "my babies were born in the winter or ewrlier spring and my legs and feet still swelled. i'm"
-Richenda P, "So I probably shouldn't warn you that it's worse after delivery, right?"
(Eric's Post) June 8, 2012: "God is good, real good!"
(Eric's Post) June 6, 2012: Only 30 days left until we get to see the cute little feet that have been kicking me on a daily basis (through Tracy's belly.) I am so excited to see what God has created for us!
-Vicki M, "Hey those are grandma smiley toes"
(Tracy's Post) June 14, 2012: Feeling a bit panicked today about Bono's (Baby M's) fast-coming arrival
-Rhonda H, "take a deep breath! You will be ready!"
-Faye P, "Relax, Tracy... everything will be fine!"
-Susan S, "someone very wise once told me that for whatever it is that you are nervous for, that means that it's pretty important to you better to be nervous than blasé, i guess "
-Sherry C, "Praying for you and the little one!"
-Deb T, "haha! like a feeling of "oh crap what were we thinking!" ...totally on track to be a great mom, Tracy"
(Erika K's Post) June 15, 2012: Hey ~ any chance we could come see you guys sometime this weekend? Might be the last time we can hang out before Bono arrives... Let us know
(Erika K's Post) June 17, 2012: "Happy birthday, Eric! And happy father's day too...you're close enough! ;)"
(Tracy's Post) June 17, 2012: Happy Birthday to my amazing husband Eric, and Happy Father's Day to my incredible Dad, Father-in-Law...and also to Bono's soon-to-be Daddy. I love you all!
-Bonnie R, "YOU CAN!!!!! Just a few more weeks!!!"
-Tracy M, "...if my feet don't explode first..."
-Bonnie R, "Feet up whenever you can and no salt! :):):)"
-Carol L, "Yes You can, Yes You can, Yes You Will!!!!"
-Judy P, "Keep the faith Tracy...we all know you can!"
(Tracy's Post) June 21, 2012: So I was searching our Health Insurance online for a pediatrician, and looked up a person that has been highly recommended to me by several people...he graduated from Ohio State...I'm not sure how I feel about that
-Stacey D, "If its Dr. Leslie....then do it! He's amazing!"
-Amber S, "Their mascot is a nut. Do you want your child to see a doctor that's a nut? lol If you do it, make sure you and baby are both wearing MAZE AND BLUE from head to tow, during your first appointment.... #GOBLUE"
-Vicki M, "Ohio State medical school? If it's just undergrad that might be alright."
-Tracy M, "Nope it is medical school. I didn't even know they had a med school, but he does have some great recommendations. Amber- 1st-lol. 2nd- I Really like your idea...just hope he wouldn't hold it against us"
-Rhonda H, "We had and OSU grad....SHE WAS AWESOME....just misguided in her schooling"
(Tracy's Post) June 23, 2012:
-Cindy S, "In mere days you will be posting pictures of the THREE of you!!!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 24, 2012:
-Morgan K, "Cute pic. All of you are so beautiful. Can't wait to meet all of your babies."
(Tracy's Post) May 24, 2012: Got to see Bono this morning (which was a surprise to us)...looks like we may have a thumb sucker on our hands!
-Jamie C, "did you get his autograph b/c I'm a huge U2 fan too!
-Tracy M, "Funny Coop. I can work on that for you in a little over a month!"
(Eric's Post) May 26, 2012: Oh boy, Big Boys! We tried to eat as much bacon and eggs as Ron Swanson, and this is what happened.
-Scott C, "Why do I also have an unhealthy love for Big Boy and its 2,000 calorie meals?"
-Vicki M, "I still think Big Boy wins!"
(Tracy;s Post) May 26, 2012: "Babymoon" Day 2: laying in bed & listening to the rain (& loving it)
(Eric's Post) May 26, 2012: Tracy, Baby Migrin and (soon to be Uncle Rob) at Big Boy.
(Tracy's Post) May 30, 2012:
-Judy S, "Love it:)"
-Amy F, "Awww:)"
-Jenny P, "beautiful...surely you have something for Emma too? Or is she the proud owner of that lovely lawn? :)"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, she is the keeper of the grass & does a great job protecting it for us"
-Vicki M, "That new chair is perfect for the little dude/dudette-LOVE it"
(Tracy's Post) May 31, 2012: I wish I could rationalize with Baby M. that we'd probably both feel better if he/she would allow me to breathe
-Mike B, "Heidi is trying to convince jaxson that her ribs aren't fun to kick"
-Jaime K, "you will know when baby drops as all of a sudden you realize you can breathe. it is such a feeling of relief."
(Eric's Post) June 6, 2012: Only 30 days left until we get to see the cute little feet that have been kicking me on a daily basis (through Tracy's belly.) I am so excited to see what God has created for us!
-Tracy M, "Still hoping he or she has your mini toes!"
-Vicki M, "Hey those are grandma smiley toes"
(Tracy's Post) June 6, 2012: ...off to put my feet up...before my toes fall off
-Maryann H, "oh I remember those days! Hang in there!!!!"
-Gina H, "my babies were born in the winter or ewrlier spring and my legs and feet still swelled. i'm"
-Richenda P, "So I probably shouldn't warn you that it's worse after delivery, right?"
(Eric's Post) June 8, 2012: "God is good, real good!"
-Tracy M "Still hoping he or she has your mini toes!"
-Rhonda H, "take a deep breath! You will be ready!"
-Faye P, "Relax, Tracy... everything will be fine!"
-Susan S, "someone very wise once told me that for whatever it is that you are nervous for, that means that it's pretty important to you better to be nervous than blasé, i guess "
-Sherry C, "Praying for you and the little one!"
-Deb T, "haha! like a feeling of "oh crap what were we thinking!" ...totally on track to be a great mom, Tracy"
(Erika K's Post) June 17, 2012: "Happy birthday, Eric! And happy father's day too...you're close enough! ;)"
(Tracy's Post) June 21, 2012: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can
-Jennifer D, "Your body will take care of itself. You don't have to think TOO much.-Bonnie R, "YOU CAN!!!!! Just a few more weeks!!!"
-Tracy M, "...if my feet don't explode first..."
-Bonnie R, "Feet up whenever you can and no salt! :):):)"
-Carol L, "Yes You can, Yes You can, Yes You Will!!!!"
-Judy P, "Keep the faith Tracy...we all know you can!"
-Stacey D, "If its Dr. Leslie....then do it! He's amazing!"
-Amber S, "Their mascot is a nut. Do you want your child to see a doctor that's a nut? lol If you do it, make sure you and baby are both wearing MAZE AND BLUE from head to tow, during your first appointment.... #GOBLUE"
-Vicki M, "Ohio State medical school? If it's just undergrad that might be alright."
-Tracy M, "Nope it is medical school. I didn't even know they had a med school, but he does have some great recommendations. Amber- 1st-lol. 2nd- I Really like your idea...just hope he wouldn't hold it against us"
-Rhonda H, "We had and OSU grad....SHE WAS AWESOME....just misguided in her schooling"
-Samantha B, "Love this."
-Christina O, "Very happy for you all! You look great!"
-David D, "This is IBC's newest singing group -- The Four Bumps (Jill Hawke will be first alternate when the first baby comes)."
-Tracy M, "I hope she is my alternate then!"
-Katie N, "This is so awesome! So excited for you guys!"
-Jenny P, "Lovely mommies-all of you!!"
-Susan S, "love love love (love) this pic
-Fabien L, "You guys should not have had all that ice cream!!!"Richard D, "whats in the water up there?"
(Tracy's Post) June 27, 2012: Check out our baby's new stuffed animal.
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2012: 39 Weeks!! Where has the time gone?
-Richenda P, "YEA!!! I didn't realize how ecstatic I would be for YOU to have a baby! Oh the joy..."
-Erika K, "Yay!! Bono will be here before you know it! (and then you'll be wondering where the first year of his/her life went! It never stops!)"
-Grace T, "whoo hoo!! will your OB induce if you go past a certain date? maybe you'll have an independence day baby?"
-Stacey D, "So excited for you. Stay cool. Hot days at the end are hard."
June 30, 2012: Asher Robert Migrin is born.
(Tracy's Post) June 27, 2012: Check out our baby's new stuffed animal.
-Jenny P, "Hahaha how adorable! :)"
-Angela C, "Your very own E.T."
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2012: 39 Weeks!! Where has the time gone?
-Richenda P, "YEA!!! I didn't realize how ecstatic I would be for YOU to have a baby! Oh the joy..."
-Erika K, "Yay!! Bono will be here before you know it! (and then you'll be wondering where the first year of his/her life went! It never stops!)"
-Grace T, "whoo hoo!! will your OB induce if you go past a certain date? maybe you'll have an independence day baby?"
-Stacey D, "So excited for you. Stay cool. Hot days at the end are hard."
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2012: Welcome to the world Asher Robert Migrin!
Born 6/30/2012 - 9:31pm Asher means "Blessed by God" and we certainly are! 8lbs, 4oz 22" long
-Kris E, "Congratulations!!!!! Soooo happy for you:) He is beautiful!"
-Gretchen F, "Congratulations Tracy and Eric!! What a beautiful baby!! Absolutely precious!"
-Amber S, "He's so gorgeous!!!! Congratulations to both of you!!!"
-Rachel K, "Congratulations!!! I was so excited when Aunt Debbie called us last night!! He is such a beautiful little guy!"
-Allison G, "Congratulations!!! He's adorable!! Love the name! : )"
-Jenny W, "Congratulations! He's a cutie, truly a blessing"
-Randy K, "Congrats to you and your family."
-Brian S, "congrats! he's adorable!"
-Sarah D, "Yay!!! Congratulations to you both. Asher is blessed to have such a wonderful family!"
-Maryann H, "Oh Tracy, what a great name and a handsome little guy you got!!! Congratulations!!!"
-Richenda P, "YEAAAA! I was jumping up and down when Pastor David Dryer brought up the rose!!!!"
-Anastasia P, "What a CUTIE!"
-Michele E, "Congrats Tracy and Eric!!!! What a cutie!!! (PS - our babies have almost the same birth stats -- except Asher beat us by 1" -- 8 lbs 4 oz, 21")"
-Stacey D, "Adorable! Congrats. He looks like Eric."
-John S, "Congrats Mom and Dad!!! He's beautiful! Let the good times begin!!!"
-Sherry C, "Congratulatinos Tracy and Eric! Beautiful little boy and I love the name!"
-Kristin P, "oh Congratulations Tracy. He looks so sweet and peaceful. "finally get to meet my mom and dad!" rest up friend."
-Samantha B, "Congratulations! I love the name Asher!"
-Julie B, "so cute! congrats!"
-Faye P, "Beautiful baby! Beautiful name! Congratulations to all of you! can't wait to meet the little guy at the family reunion in August!"
-Becca H, "What a handsome boy!"
-Kim C, "Congratulations Tracy and Eric! So happy for you. He is adorable!"
-Judy S, "Congratulations, Eric and Tracy!! Asher is such a cutie...can't wait to meet him:)"
-Jaime K, "Praise the Lord! So happy for you! what a beautiful little boy. Cherish every second of it. I know you will!"
-Grace T, "YAY!! BONO is here!! congrats Tracy and Eric!!!!"
-Christina O, "Wow! What a handsome little boy!! I love the name...used to be on my list so very very incredibly happy for you guys and your family expanding with the goodness and love of God! Xo"
-Susan S, "oh he is SO sweet!!!!! love the name and he sure does look like daddy!!! now that always seems to change from week to week hope you are doing well! love to you 3"
-Beth S, "What a beautiful healthy looking boy. So excited for your family."
-Valerie H, "Oh yay!!!...Just got home from a wk end away & was SURPRISED to see your post!! How exciting!! Your prayers have been answered with a beautiful baby boy!! He's precious & I love the name!! Congrats!!...will talk more when you are able! Good luck for now! ;o)"
-Jennifer D, "PERFECT! Congratulations!!"
(Erika. K's Post) July 5, 2012: ~ Micah and I were talking about you guys this morning, and he is now packing things up to bring to baby Asher. :)
(Tracy's Post) July 5, 2012: 2 out, 3 to go...congrats Tom & Alex...as Eric said AJ will be a very popular girl with so many IBC boys around!! :)
(Valerie H's Post) July 5, 2012: thinking of you...are you figureing things out?!
-Tracy M, "Doing pretty good, but Asher is having some problems with eating & potty. We seem to be turning a corner though...I never thought I could be so excited about a poop!"
-Valerie H, "Don't worry too much - Evan used to go over a week without pooping when he was little. The 411 book talks about it. There are exceptions, or course...it's concerning if they are uncomfortable, etc. Is breastfeeding going okay? You can message me if you have ?'s, etc. I could also talk on the phone tomorrow before noon if you want to call me! Praying for mom & baby! (& dad too!) ;o)"
-Tracy M, "I will try to give you a call tomorrow, if I am home. We have a few things going on though, so I don't know for sure if it will work out."
-Susan S, "See??? Now you have been initiated into the crazy 'poop' club that all us other parents belong to!!! sorry to 'butt' in...hee hee. Praying for you guys, still need to meet the little guy!!"
-Tracy M, "you are welcome by whenever...just give me a heads up!"
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher's first non-family visitors. Pastor Dave said a wonderful prayer for our family.
(Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012:
-Erika K, "bright eyes! :)"
-Lynn S, "Beautiful son. Congrats"
-Britni L, "he seems so alert!! what a beautiful little boy, sincerely happy for you!!"
-Susan S, "awwww!! now i see you in him, Tracy! see, it changes weekly :) need to come and see him!!!!"
-Julie S, "Oh my goodness. What a heartbreaker! Watch out ladies!"
-Nicole S, "He's SO beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)"
-Judy S, "beautiful :)"
-Laura S, "What a cute babe! Can't wait to hold him!"
-Sherry C, "How very precious!"
-Ruth H, "This is amazing - what a gift. Can't wait to see him - blessing on all of you - especially for late night feedings. Enjoy them, honestly!"
Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012:
Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012: I love this one!
-Erika K, "precious!"
-Lynn S, "Love this"
-Vicki M, "So tired"
-Katie N, "SOOOO awesome!!!"
-John S, "Get those naps while you can! Ha ha, great picture. Enjoy this time, it's really really special...
Judy S, "That's awesome
-Sarah D, "Doesn't take long for the exhaustion to set in"
-Ruth H, "Oh my, incredible. I LOVE it!"
(Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher & Daddy: My guys.
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher, Mommy and Grandma K
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: The Migrin clan (Wisconsin edition) Asher is the first Migrin who was not born in Michigan.
-Doree H, "Beautiful new family!!!"
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Buddha baby.
-Gretchen F, "So very precious!"
-Jen ", "seriously he is so, so handsome!!"
-Doree H, "What a beauty!"
-Megan P, "awwww..how cute :)"
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: New mommies Tracy and Alex with their little miracles.
-Richenda P, "Aw...a first date! Alex, K is having a hard time saying AJ. His accent shows up, so he calls her "Ah-Jeh" and "Bebe Add-eh" ;) At one point he just went back to "Bebe Asher" instead. Hope we can baby-talk with the family soon!"
(Tracy's Post) July 7, 2012: Screaming baby: 1, mommy & daddy: 0
-Tess R, "In the long run, you'll enjoy every moment, even the late nights and early mornings!"
-Doree H, "The start of many nights and days, enjoy every minute of it!!!"
-Beth S, "The start of many nights and days, enjoy every minute of it!!!"
-Sarah D, "It's so hard...my advice is to sleep any minute you can while he's sleeping. Which is what I should be doing right now..."
(Tracy's Post) July 7, 2012: Asher at 1 Week Old
(Eric's Post) July 7, 2012: One week ago from right now my God blessed my life beyond my imagination with the birth of our new baby boy Asher Migrin.
(David D.'s Post) July 9, 2012: Happy Birthday to my granddaughter's future mother-in-law. (at least that was Eric's creative idea.)
(Tracy's Post) July 9, 2012: Having a great birthday so far, hanging out with my boys! <3
-Valerie H, "very sweet!"
-Pete M, "Sleep when you can!"
-Katie N, "Will do!"
-Erika K, "Praying for you! Call if you want some company :"
-Megan P, "Praying!! You will do great! :)"
-Richenda P, "Aaaw. The best part of parenthood for me have been all the metaphors for Christianity...your heart's intentions are enough...God takes care of the rest. May the lessons in patience...with yourself...begin! :)"
-Valerie H, "Hope you have some wonderful quality cuddle time with Asher!!"
-Jessica R, "YOu probably wont' get a shower and you probably won't be able to go to the bathroom without a dog or a baby with you, but you'll love it. You get him all to yourself again, in a time that goes by so fast"
(Eric's Post) July 16, 2012: Oooohhhh. Happy Birthday Tracy!
(Eric's Post) July 16, 2012: My little buddy
-Richenda P, "This is a great picture, you guys!"
-Michelle S, "I love this one! How cute!"
-Erika K, "Precious!! I miss him! :)"
-Colleen A, "Eric, he's so alert and cute! You can just tell he's going to be smart! :)"
-Julie S, "Hello perfect little boy :)"
-Alexandra D, "this is perfect! so cute! :)"
(Eric's Post) July 17, 2012: "Sometimes when he poops he goes cross eyed" - Tracy about Asher
(Tracy's Post) July 20, 2012: I should be sleeping right now, but I just can't stop staring at my beautiful little boy asleep in my arms
-Susan S, "because that's what mama's were made to do!! ;)
-Erika K, "Get your rest, but enjoy those moments!! They go by WAY too fast! :) and give Asher a kiss from me! :)"
-Richenda P, "No worries -- I skipped story time to stare at my off-time napper ;) Get every snuggle you can!
-Jessica R, "It's because it's the best feeling in the world."
-Karen P, "that feeling never stops! the sleeping in your arms does! haha! funny pic of Nikki Ky and Kristina eh? :) Congrats!"
(Eric's Post) July 20, 2012: Asher deep in thought...um I mean sleep.
(Tracy's Post) July 20, 2012:
(Tracy's Post) July 21, 2012: I am very glad that Asher got to spend the day being snuggled by Eric's family (Grandma & Grandpa Migrin, Auntie Julie & Uncle Dave), but I have to say I have missed him today, and I'm currently enjoying my own snuggle time with him."
(Tracy's Post) July 26, 2012: Feeling pretty miserable. Prayers appreciated.
-Megan P, "oh no Tracy...sorry to hear this..everything ok?"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, I am really just not feeling good though. Eric is helping with Asher tonight, so I can get some rest"
-Megan P, "Thank God for Godly husbands! Jamie is the one up or I should say helping with Loren..she's been throwing up. I hope you feel better soon and get some rest!"
-Susan S, "hope you were able to get some rest!! let me know if you need anything...ever! we are just down the street! love you!!!"
-Lora L, "Will pray you are feeling better..fast!!! I have a gift for Asher, cannot wait to meet him!!!!!"
-Valerie H, "thinking of you...hope all is okay!"
(Eric's Post) July 26, 2012: Donuts in the backyard.
-Vicki M, "Such a cool picture"
-Megan P, "that is a really neat picture"
-Vicki M, "I especially like the variety of food we found acceptable for breakfast"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, it was more like a Klingenmaier meal"
-Vicki M, "If that includes ice cream I'm in!"
(Megan's Post to Tracy) July 26, 2012: thinking about and hope you're feeling better!
-Susan S, "i hope both of you are (and your sick one, Megan!)! you've both been up early!! now go to bed!!!!!"
-Megan P, "Susan..you're right! Loren's feeling better..in fact, this morning she was back to normal...I think she just ate something that didn't agree with her. Thanks!"
-Tracy M, "Finally getting better. My fever finally broke"
(Tracy's Post) July 27, 2012: Just when I thought it was over...
-Susan S, "r u still sick??? is it more than a fever? let me know how i can help!!!!!"
-Jaime K, " pregnant again? taht is what happened to us. remember once you start popping them out they keep coming. prayers for you!"
-Megan P, "doesn't sound good..hope everything is ok?"
-Tracy M, "No I am not pregnant!!! That better not happen again for a while. I am pretty sure id loose my mind. I actually have a couple of infections & have felt flu-like symptom with that (including a temp up to 104.7). Last night I finally got my temp back to normal, but now it is back up over 101)"
-Erika K, "I can head up to give you time to rest once Caleb wakes up if you want. Praying for you!!"
-Tracy M, "It's okay Erika. I feel fine at the moment, I just am chilled or sweaty again...just wish I could get this figured out"
-Susan S, "Erika...you can always bring your kids over here if that would be helpful in any way! we are just down the street!!! Tracy-I know it's always tough to accept the help-especially if you're 'feeling better' and such, but i'm guessing you may not be getting a full night's sleep tonight! my biggest regret was not taking full advantage of rest-any way it came!!!"
-Tracy M, "Susan, since it will be the weekend, I can have Eric help with bottles again if I need to. I really am feeling pretty good at the moment though"
-Christina R, "I've had the flu too since yesterday and man is it miserable. Trying to kick it! hope you get better really soon!!"
-Tracy M, "Hope you feel better soon Christina! Having the flu during pregnancy is definitely no fun"
-Judy S, "Hope you're better soon, prayin; for you."
-Christine H, "Oh no I'm so sorry Have you seen your doctor or spoken to him/her? If you're breastfeeding it could be mastitis (sp?)...praying for your speedy recovery..."
(Tracy's Post) July 27, 2012: So frustrated...I can't shut off my brain & fall asleep tonight, & I know I am loosing precious sleep...which I keep thinking about, making it even more difficult to fall asleep...a vicious cycle
-Britni L, "the light from your phone jars your mind awake...turn it off and go to sleep :)"
-Richenda P, "Oh, sorry Tracy! I'll pray for the Shepherd to help you count sheep!"
-Jenny W, "Have a half of a bottle of beer. It won't affect your nursing and will make you drowsy. Then start reading a boring classic novel in bed. That should do it"
-Megan P, "Have a half of a bottle of beer. It won't affect your nursing and will make you drowsy. Then start reading a boring classic novel in bed. That should do it"
-Faye P, "I have trouble from time to time too! The boring book idea helps!"
-Sarah D, "I have trouble from time to time too! The boring book idea helps!"
(Erika's Post) July 30, 2012: Happy 1 month birthday, Asher!! We love you! :)
-Tracy M, "I can't believe it!"
-Kris E, "Wow!!! Already a month?? How are you doing??"
-Tracy M, "Kris, we're doing pretty good, thanks."
-Elizabeth B, "Unbelievable! Time goes so fast with kids. Can you believe I will have 2 school agers this year! K and 1st grades! Crazy. Enjoy all those baby moments (even the middle of the night ones)...they go so fast."
(Tracy's Post) July 30, 2012: Asher at 1 Month Old
-Richenda P, "Love the calendar idea!"
-Vicki M, "I really like his chubby thighs. SOOOO cute. Can't wait for my next Grandy hugg."
-Kristin P, "I really like his belly button"
(Eric's Post) August 1, 2012: He is finally big enough to fit in his favorite shirt!
-Beth S, "And us meet Asher."
-Judy S, "We're looking forward to it, too:)"
(Tracy's Post) August 6, 2012: Working hard to find childcare for Asher. It really sucks to spend so much money on something I really don't want to begin with. Prayers & any Kenosha-area recommendations are appreciated!
-Richenda P, "Praying. Know the feeling. I'm going to pray that you find a kind Christian woman with the right price for all of you!"
-Richenda P, "Capable, active, responsible, etc... ;)"
-Jenny P, "you sure looked awfully cute at the shower.....:))"
-Tracy M, "Ok, not everything fits. I still can't get my wedding ring on...guess I'll celebrate our anniversary without it"
-Cindy S, "Keeter will be 26 next week, I'm hoping to fit into the prebaby clothes soon. Oh, never mind, I don't even have those clothes anymore."
(Tracy's Post) August 13, 2012: Made Asher an honorary Yooper this weekend...now it's time to head home :(
(Eric's Post) August 14, 2012: I wonder why he likes to sleep on his side?
-Jenny P, "oh this is cute...:)"
-Vicki M, "Like Mother, like son!"
(Eric's Post) August 14, 2012: Asher and AJ (dibs!)
-Tracy M, "We have called dozens of places & have interviewed 6 that seem like they'll work for location & cost. Of that there are three that we think are ok, but none that really stand out above the others. How do you choose?"
-Christina O, "Tracy, trust your gut! Gods given you intuition and feelings for a good reason. You will likely find one that your gut will lean toward or away from even just subtly!"
-Ruth H, "Or find a godly grandma type with nothing to do....?"
-Judy S, "So sweet :)"
(Tracy's Post) August 23, 2012: It's not even 6 & I really want some blueberry cheesecake ice cream...you'd think I was still pregnant
-Christina O, "It doesn't have to be a certain time of day for you to have something...just as long as the rest of your diet is balanced! and pray do tell where I could find this kind of ice cream ...sounds devine!"
-Tracy M, "I don't think you can buy it in stores, but good ice cream shops often have it...I also think that Scoops makes it...come for a visit & I'll buy you a cone! "
-Britni L, "I think I heard on the radio that Oberweisse makes a blueberry cheesecake ice cream? it might have been blueberry pie, though... sounded amazing either way!"
-Grace T, "if you're nursing technically you're still eating for 2"
-Karen P, "It's been 12 years since the last one and I still blame it on pregnancy! haha"
(Tracy's Post) August 23, 2012: Babe is still sleeping (even after the street sweeper went through). PTL!
(Tracy's Post) August 23, 2012: I have a drs appt. tomorrow, anyone know if drs are ok with you bringing your baby along or if they frown on that?
-Lisa D, "I didn't bring Elin to my appointment and my doctor told me they look forward to seeing the new babies - bring him and show him off!"
-Carol Q, "I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!"
(Tracy's Post) August 30, 2012: Two months ago right now, I was holding my little man for the first time...my how time flies!
-Britni L, "wow, happy 2 months to Asher! :)"
(Tracy's Post) August 31, 2012: <3 My Boys
(Tracy's Post) September 1, 2012: Need I say more?
(Tracy's Post) September 2, 2012: Asher meets uncle Robby
(Eric's Post) September 3, 2012: 2 months after Asher was born, our camera memory card is full. The total so far: 1,690 photos and videos of or little blessing. Thank goodness we don't have to get all of those developed.
-Julie S, "All I can say is that your second born child better get the same treatment love, Aunt "Middle Child" Julie"
-Tracy M, "Yeah Julie...in my case the youngest had the same problem. I will do my best to make sure that all of our kids get the same treatment. "
-Julie S, "Haha, awesome Tracy! :)"
-Debbie K, "Tracy are you saying we don't have as many pictures of you?"
-Tracy M, "There are a lot, but I don't think as many (I know I'm not hurting for photos though)...I don't think that there are any portraits of me as a baby though..."
-Vicki M, "In our defense--we didn't have as much time with a toddler and a baby. I'm sure your mom will agree we still loved you girls sooooo much-just no time for pics"
-Eric M, "Yeah, they didn't get as many pictures, but they got to break all the rules us older siblings had to abide by. Plus, you loved them more. And don't even get me started on the third child."
-Vicki M, "Oh Eric, you know we loved Rob more and Julie got the same rules as you did."
(Tracy's Post) September 6, 2012: One VERY unhappy boy right now :(
(Eric's Post) September 6, 2012: Asher survived his two month check up. We have a healthy baby in the 95th percentile for height, weight and head. No wonder no one believes he is only two months old.
(Eric's Post) September 10, 2012: Asher in his gym
(Eric's Post) September 12, 2012: Does anyone else find it concerning that the recplex call the infant and toddler swim classes "little squirts"? I'm not sure I want to swim in that pool.
-John P, "hahaha come on Eric, it's no worse than yellow snow! ;)"
-Eric M, "Why not call them the Baby Ruth's"
-Rose B, "Oh if you only knew..."
-John P, "As long as they don't have one called "Baby Ruths"....
-Debbie K, "Hugs:) to all!"
-Brittany S, "I'm so sorry Tracy!!! I will be praying for you.
-Susan S, "praying! God knows, and He is the great comforter! He is the giver of all blessings! He has given you so much! *try* to focus on the positive! love you!!"
-Natalie M, "Will be praying for you! So hard, but God will provide all you and Asher need! xo"
-Shawn P, "I don't think it gets any easier...I cried all day when I took Jonathan to school the first day. I miss him and I'm glad I miss him enough to cry. You are not alone"
-Laura S, "I'm praying for you!"
-Erika K, "I'm praying too! Been thinking about you all morning. Hang in there! "
-Tracy M, "I was doing pretty good, until I read all this. Thank you for the support. The day is going alright, but I miss him terribly."
-Gina H, "David video taped me leaving my first day back after Ellyse was born...I was crying and I could hear David crying too on the tape. Hard days, but God does give us what we need. I am praying for all of you!"
-Valerie H, "awwww...hope all is well. I'll be thinking about you guys today!!"
-Beth S. "Hope you made it through your day. Praying for you."
-Britni L, "thought about you today and how hard this transition must be. hope it gets easier. praying for you!!"
-Tracy M, "Thank you for the prayers everyone. The day went fairly well with only a few tears, & Asher did good with the bottles!"
(Tracy's Post) September 12, 2012: I am surviving the day, but my heart aches.
-Christina D, "sending prayers up for you T-Bird"
-Michelle S, "It was very hard for me with my 2, especially the 1st one...it gets easier with time...praying!"
-Tess R, "You will find that the end of the day is so much more rewarding when you get home and can spend some quality time with your little one!"
-Vicki M, "By now I hope you are home snuggling Asher!"
-Tracy M, "Yes I am. I made it & am snuggling him as I type"
(Tracy's Post) September 15, 2012: Can someone please explain to Asher that you can sleep in on Saturdays?
-Mike K, "I hear ya. Someone needs to tell Abbi the same thing lol"
-Erika K, "I think Caleb missed that memo too. Micah's still sleeping though"
-Cindy S, "I wish someone would explain it to my puppy!!!"
-Allison M, "I'll have Elias talk to him. He let me sleep until 9:30 today"
-Erika K, "I'm jealous Allison!"
-Karen P, "too funny- I remember those days like they were yesterday! Don't blink!"
-Elizabeth B, "Yeah, when you find someone who speaks his language, send them my way too! My 5 and 6 year old still don't grasp that concept."
(Tracy's Post) September 17, 2012: Missing my little guy today & counting down until I can go pick him up
(Tracy's Post) September 19, 2012: I am so thankful to have the flexibility to take Wednesdays off and enjoy my little man...as an added bonus, it makes the week feel like I have 2 Fridays!...unfortunately, it also makes the week feel like there are 2 Mondays.
(Tracy's Post) September 25, 2012: 8 hours straight...thank you Asher!
-Vicki M, "He is the cutest baby ever-said his grandmother."
-Valerie H, "I LOVE pics like this!! Great SMILE!!"
-Debbie K, "Great! Love and miss you all!"
-Sherry C, "What a great picture!"
-Kattie C, "What a great moment caught on camera! He's adorable!"
(Christina O's Post) September 30, 2012: Yesterday was wonderful! Got to see some friends I haven't seen in OVER a year and meet their handsome 3 mo old baby boy (swoon), ran into one of my favorite former clients and finally got to meet his beautiful wife, got to watch my dear friend, looking more stunning than ever, say her I do's on her happy day, and even got to squeeze in a pedi with my sister while my man hung out with little blue eyes♥ he enjoyed himself, judging by the way he kept bringing up their little conversations
-Tracy M, "Glad you had a good day. It was great to see you. Hopefully we can do it again sometime"
(Tracy's Post) September 30, 2012: Relaxing on the couch with my little snuggle bun passed out on my chest. Can it get any better than this?
-Kristin P, "Relaxing on the couch with my little snuggle bun passed out on my chest. Can it get any better than this?"
-Britni L, "me too! you're right, doesn't get any better!!"
(Tracy's Post) September 30, 2012: Asher at 3 Months
(Grace T's Post) October 1, 2012: hello friend! looking fwd to the shower in a couple wks- will you have asher w/ you? i'd love to finally meet the little guy!
(Tracy's Post) October 1, 2012:
-Vicki M, "Your whole family, how cute"
(Tracy's Post) October 8, 2012: Just realized that in the past 3 months Asher has almost doubled his birth weight and grown 4 inches! No wonder my back is killing me
-Jenny P, "Start saving for those "teen years" grocery bills!"
(Tracy's Post) October 11, 2012: The worst thing about taking Wednesdays off is leaving my little guy on Thursdays. I miss him.
-Deb T, "Wait til he starts getting an attitude!! E was so crabby this a.m. I wanted to leave her with someone else! Enjoy the fun cuddly stage while you have it!"
(Tracy's Post) October 27, 2012: With my new family & the fall/winter holidays upon us, I am wondering what kinds of family traditions you have, as we start traditions for our own family
-Melody C, "We have homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas! Mmm. And for Thanksgiving, at the beginning of November, we draw a leafless tree and cut out leaves from fall-hued paper. During the month, every day, we write something we're thankful for and stick it on the tree. Guests do it too. We keep them from year to year, and it's fun looking over them."
-David D, " Judy spoils us all rotten in every way imaginable -- its a good tradition. . ."
-Tracy M, "That really doesn't help me much PD. Although I am pretty sure that I plan to spoil my little guy too! ...hopefully just not rotten!"
-Maria G, " I got an ornament every year, it was great moving out to have a bunch of ornaments to start with!"
-Richenda P, "We watch THE NATIVITY together the day we decorate, and do a birthday cake for Jesus complete with Happy Birthday, Jesus. K cracked up every time we said, "Jesus" in the song last year."
(Eric's Post) October 27, 2012: Emma teaching Asher how to carve a pumpkin with his teeth.
(Tracy's Post) October 28, 2012: (For Pastor David D) Happy Reformation Sunday! :)
-Erika K, "Caleb recognized him right away...started yelling, "baby, baby! Ashish, Ashish" (which I can only assume is his way of saying Asher. :)"
-Vicki M, "Love that little tongue!"
(Tracy's Post) November 1, 2012: I am thankful for my little snuggle bug!
(Tracy's Post) November 3, 2012: Laying in bed listening to my little guy "talking" in his crib. He is such a morning person, unlike his parents (I prefer to wait a few hours to say anything)...maybe he was switched at birth?
-Debbie K, "Love it!"
-Susan S, "haha...ALL 4 of ours must have been switched at birth! we *just* have to wait until the teenage years b4 we get to sleep in again... "
-Rob M, "I cant wait to hear all he has to say at thanksgiving (:"
-Vicki M, "Eric used to wake up at 5am no matter when we put him to bed!"
(Eric's Post) November 4, 2012: Asher at 7 weeks
(Eric's Post) November 4, 2012: Asher at 18 weeks
(Tracy's Post) November 5, 2012: So I'm wondering if other women have experienced their rings not fitting after pregnancy. My hands swelled a lot while I was pregnant, and although I am back into all of my old clothes, and my hands look like they used to, I still cannot get my wedding rings on (it seems like my knuckles are bigger now). Is this common and does it get better? I am wondering if I'm going to need to get my rings resized, but I hate to do that if they are going to go back to the way they were at some point
-Heidi B, "Same here!"
-Megan P, "my fingers swelled up also, but about 2-3 weeks after my babies were born I could wear them again. I would give them some more time....just to be sure they aren't going to go back to pre pregnancy size. Hope that helps...."
-Tracy M, "Thanks. it is weird, like my knuckles grew. My fingers really are not swollen any more, but I still can't force my rings on (& I am not real fond of going around with a baby and no wedding ring)."
-Megan P, "well, it is possible. I know some women when they get pregnant their feet grow and never go back to pre pregnancy size. For now you could always get a cheap ring to wear until you're pretty sure your ring needs to be sized. It's not cheap to size a ring now days that's for sure!"
-Susan S, "i have been wearing a cheap band for the last few years, not because of the same reasons as you, but b/c my diamond broke off and i, too, do not like to be that mom w/lots of kids and no wedding ring. not sure about your issue, though. i'd just get something and wait it out, if it is that you take your ring on and off frequently! someday i'll get that fixed! "
-Megan P, "Susan, you're ring is really pretty! Sorry to hear about your diamond though...how sad Sorry Tracy..didn't want to hijack your thread!"
-Julie T, "Tracy - I have the same problem. I am able to get my ring on, but it's a lot harder to get it off. I find baby oil helps (on and off). I also wait until my hands are cold before I try it. I was waiting for them to get back to normal... but it's going on 7 months!"
-Tracy M, "I have tried to force it, but I cannot get it over my knuckle. If I did finally get it on I'd be afraid I'd have to cut it off"
-Jessica R, "Mine did the same thing. It takes a full year for your body to find its balance. So even though your back in the same pants, you're still changing."
(Tracy's Post) November 6, 2012: I am thankful that God led us to a great person to watch Asher during the day. I hate leaving him, but it is much easier knowing he is in good hands
(Tracy's Post) November 7, 2012: Although I am dreading Asher's shots this morning and watching his little face contort as he goes through the pain of them, I am thankful that God has given us the resources and minds to think of vaccinations that save lives and keep my little boy healthy, and the doctors and nurses that help along the way.
-Angie A, "I always give collin tylenol before he went to get his shots...it always helped with the pain and the possible fever....I learned that from another mom and I am passing the info to you. I hope it goes well:)"
-Megan P, "I hate shot days also!! So much so I usually put it off, when I shouldn't. I give all my kids tylenol before also..it helps."
-Tracy M, "Hey did SO good! He barely cried at all this time! What a tough little guy!"
(Eric's Post) November 7, 2012: Love this smile!
-Michele S, "very cute!"
-Erika K, "That looks like a Tracy face :) Adorable! <3"
-Judy S, "Just Love It...thinking of something fun to do:)"
(Tracy's Post) November 7, 2012:
-Vicki M, "Oh good choice Tracy"
-Susan S, "atta girl!!"
-Aaron C, "hmmmm, a cutie he is."
-Andy M, "Episode 7 perhaps"
-Vicki M, "Getting your mileage out of dad's comment. HaHa"
(Tracy's Post) November 13, 2012: October 20-26, 2012: Enjoying Life's Simple Moments (Baby Life Week 17)
(Tracy's Post) November 14, 2012:
-Valerie H, "so sweet!! luv this!"
-Tracy M, "Thanks, but I can't really take credit for it, it was a cheater sheet I had"
(Tracy's Post) November 15, 2012: Hey Grandmas (Debbie Klingenmaier and Vicki Migrin): Either of you want to dive to Kenosha & babysit Asher on Tuesday? ...again wishing we lived closer...
-Vicki M, "Can't make it on Tuesday but I'm available Thursday-Sunday"
-David D, "Can't wait to see a grandma 'dive'!"
-Tracy M, "Opps *drive*"
-Vicki M, "Darn auto-correct"
(Tracy's Post) November 17, 2012:
(Tracy's Post) November 17, 2012: Baby Life -Asher & I
-Gina H, "He looks so much like you. I love seeing pictures of your family!"
-Tracy M, "It's funny, b/c everyone said he looks just like Eric, but now that he is getting older, we are getting some comments that he looks like me. I guess he's just a good mix! ...hopefully our boys can meet someday soon! "
-Sarah D, "My favorite...I can tell you're both in LOVE"
-Samantha B, "Love this!"
-Britni L, "Typical guy"
-Grace T, "he's trying to keep up w/ big 'sister' emma!
(Tracy's Post) November 22, 2012: Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my little man for the first (of many) time
(Tracy's Post) November 23, 2012: Enjoying a lazy morning, snuggling with my little guy & watching Punkin Chunkin with the fam
(Eric's Post) November 23, 2012: Uncle Rob getting his first diaper lesson from Grandma.
(Tracy's Post) November 24, 2012: Grandpa Migrin & Asher
(Tracy's Post) November 24, 2012: I am thankful for laughter (at the moment Asher's specifically), which warms my heart
(Tracy's Post) November 26, 2012: Seriously missing Asher today after a great long weekend with him. My heart aches.
(Tracy's Post) November 26, 2012: Thankful for safe travel & a good little traveler (yesterday) & thankful for God's Word (today)
(Tracy's Post) November 30, 2012: I started out this month by expressing my thankfulness for a certain 4 month old...I will end it by saying that I am incredibly blessed & thankful for a certain 5 month old...Happy 5 month birthday Asher!
-Deb T, "awww... The real fun is just beginning, Tracy! Don't blink, you'll be chasing him around the house in no time"
(Tracy's Post) December 1, 2012: Worst diaper to date...almost threw up...now I am a little afraid of what may follow in the coming years
-Faye P, "I hear you! Start the toilet training process ASAP!"
-Kelly S, "I love that you actually SHARED that! It's so nice when new parents hear about both the good and the bad so they know its okay to not like every single moment (based on what dear friends have gone through, of course)"
-Debbie K, "Sorry I missed it!"
-Tracy M, "Mom, I'll give Asher a pep talk to give you the same honor next weekend!"
-Cindy S, "If you would like, Mickelson could explain to Asher how easy toilet training is!!!)"
-Debbie K, "That would be nice! I'll check his calendar to see if we can schedule a time. Since he has been on his book tour he doesn't have much time. Let you know ......."
-Tracy M, "You grandmas are too funny"
(Tracy's Post) December 2, 2012: Since we'll need to upgrade Asher to a convertible carseat in the near future (2" to go), I am wondering if any of you parents out there have any car seats that you love or hate...any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Kristin P, "I like the ones with the buckles"
-Jaime K, "It makes me smile to see you talk about car seats. God is so good!"
(Tracy's Post) December 11, 2012: Today Asher got an Amazon gift in the mail with no message included. To the anonymous person that sent it: Thanks.
-Faye P, Is Santa mailing his gifts now?"
(Eric's Post) December 15, 2012: I love this guy!
(Tracy's Post) December 27, 2012: Missing my boys today, but happy to hear that Asher finally decided that taking a bottle from Daddy wouldn't be the end of the world.
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: Happy 6 Month Birthday to the most amazing little guy! Mommy & Daddy love you Asher!!
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: Baby Life 6 Months
-Vicki M, "Such a big boy"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, don't remind me...it is going by TOO fast!!"
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: A few of the IBC kiddos.
-Laura S, "sportin' the Stormy Kromer..."
-Tracy M, "& looking good while doing so! ;)"
(Tracy's Post) December 31, 2012: Asher meets Eliza
(Tracy's Post) January 14, 2013: It's Monday, I stayed up way to late last night & it is 8 degrees outside right now...it would be the perfect morning to stay in bed snuggling my little man...if only
-Richenda P, "HA! I like it!"
-Kathy M, "CONGRATS!!! He is so cute!!!!"
-David H, "wow! We are soooo happy for you!"
-Chrysta C, "You and Eric are blessed! Congrats! Welcome to mommy hood!:-)"
-Tom D, "Woohoo!!! Congratulations guys!!"
-Julie S, "Yep, that's my nephew! The most handsome little man I've ever seen"
-Gina H, "Congratulations! We could not be happier for you."
-Shannon B, "he is very handsome! Congrats!"
-Laura S, "Congratulations Tracy and Eric!!! Got your fb message, then decided to check your page!! I didn't have internet for the past few days!!!! I'm so happy for you and will be praying for you."
-Julie M, "Congrats, Tracy! He is a doll. Many blessings."
-Mary Ellen Z, "Congratulations, you two are so very blessed!"
-Doree H, "Congradulations, welcome little Asher!"
-Tracy M, "Thanks everyone! We are so thrilled to finally have Asher in our arms to hug & kiss. He is truly the perfect blessing that we have been waiting & praying for!"
-Tess R, "Congrats on such a handsome little guy! Enjoy every moment!"
(Eric's Post) June 30, 2012: Welcome to the world Asher Robert Migrin! Asher means "Blessed by God" and we certainly are! Born 6/30/2012 - 9:31pm, 8lbs, 4oz, 22" long
-Rachel K, "This is an awesome picture! I am soo happy for you, Tracy, and your little blessing!!! :)"
-Alex N, "congrats eric + tracy! all the best to the three of you guys!"
-Rose B, "Congratulations! Please hug and kiss everyone for me!"
-Kattie C, "Congrats Migrin Family"
-Richenda P, "AAAAWWWW Looks like you got competition, "Daddy"! Asher's already lovingly lookin' at his mommy!"
-Terry K, "Congratulations to the both of you!!!"
-Colleen A, "Congrats! Enjoy parenthood!"
-Heidi B, "Yeh so cute! One down one to you ;) so happy for u guys I can't wait to meet him!"
-Christina O, "So much joy for you both and Asher now that you both can hold him in your arms!! Xo"
-Christina O, "Well done Tracy!! Can't wait to hear about the experience!"
-Beth S, "Welcome to the club. YOu are going to love parenting. What a great picture of Mommy and baby."
-Valerie H, "isn't it awesome how they look at you for the first time?!!"
-Meraris D, "Congratulations to you and Tracy! Definitely being parents is the biggest blessing God gave us!"
-Kathy M, "CONGRATS!!! I'm so happy for you guys! He is so adorable! I love all 3 of you!"
-Robyn Mason, "What a cutie! Congrats to u both with such a wonderful blessing:) Enjoy every minute:)"
-Chris M, "Congrats so happy for the three of you"
-Britni L, "this is SOOO wonderful guys I'm so happy for you!!! can't wait to meet him. looks like our little guy will have a playmate :)"
-Emil N, "Felicitations! You tow are indeed greatly blessed by God. Praise the Lord!"
-Tracy M, "thank you everyone! We are so happy to have our little bundle of joy home with us!"
-Jen P, "Tracy Migrin, this is seriously one of the best pictures ever. I love how he is looking at you, the recognition and the love there, already even after only a fwe minutes old. I am so, so happy for you both, tears of joy over here for you. Enjoy your little miracle. Can't wait to meet him. Much love to you all....xxoo"
-Tracy M, "Thanks Jen. I agree...that moment is one of the most memorable in my life to date!"
(Richenda P.'s Post) June 30, 2012: I didn't see you at True Freedom... now I know I'm bad at WHERE'S WALDO... or does this mean we are closer to finding Bono?
(Jackie A.'s Post) July 1, 2012: Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him :) He must have known taht the 4th of July is next week and wanted to be here for the fireworks!!!
-Tracy M, "He is a Migrin, so that probably has something to do with it! :) I hope you're feeling well Jackie!"
(Courtney c.'s Post) July 1, 2012: Congrats on your little one :)) he's beautiful :)
(Judy P.'s Post) July 1, 2012: Pretty Mommy, handsome baby!
(Megan P.'s Post) July 1, 2012: Congratulations!! Saw the rose at church today and thought it had to be one of the two. :)
(Tracy.'s Post) July 1, 2012: There is a new man in my life & I am SO in love!!
-Valerie H, "beautiful! :o)"
-Lynn S, "Looks like a big one! Congrats"
-Rachel K, "I can't wait to meet your little man!! :) my mom and I are soo happy for you guys!! <3"
-Gina R, "That is amazing love. I am so happy for you!"
-Nicole R, "We can't wait to see the little guy! All the best."
(Jessica R.'s Post) July 1, 2012: It is the most real, immediate, unconditional lvoe that you will ever know. Enjoy every second because this time is over in the blink of an eye. Congratulations to you, he is perfect!
(Erika K.'s Post) July 1, 2012: Thank you for letting us invade your hospital room this afternoon! I'm sorry the boys were so noisy! :) Asher is absolutely precious and we loved getting to meet him and see you and Eric as parents! We are praising God for a safe and healthy delivery and for a beautiful addition to the family. Love you!
-Tracy M, "Thanks for coming to visit, it was great to see you guys. I know that you all will be a BIG part of his life! :)"
(Richenda P.'s Post) July 2, 2012: What a sweetheart! Kaden was saying variations of, "Want bebe," "Want Asher," and "Bebe Asher," on the way home... but I'm sure the fact that he has freedom with me talking to you so that he can play with a guau-guau named Emma, Tio Eric, your in-laws, and a whole lot of owls also ties in !!! What a great family to be born into!
RP: Today I told him to tell Papa the "bebe's" name and he said, "owl"!
-Tracy M, "That is funny. Eric said he was pretty sure that Kaden played with & pointed out every owl in the room!"
(Bridgette E.'s Post) July 2, 2012: Congrats on the new little guy!!! He is handsome. Welcome to your next chapter in life: Motherhood.
-Tracy M, "Thank you Bridgette. I am sure it will be an amazing ride!"
(Christina D.'s Post) July 3, 2012: I am so excited and happy for you and your husband. Asher is a beautiful baby. Enjoy being parents!!
-Tracy M, "Thanks Chris. Hopefully I will get to introduce you guys some time. I hope that everything is going well with you and your growing baby!"
(Christine H.'s Post) July 3, 2012: Congratulations to you & Eric Migrin on the gift of your little one! Its been a pleasure & inspiration reading your thoughts & experiences; your love for each other & your Creator is obvious Praying for your cup to continue overflowing...
-Tracy M, "Thank you Christine! It is definitely a wild ride, but so worth it. I pray that your pregnancy is going well as you await the arrival of your little one!"
(Erika. K's Post) July 5, 2012: ~ Micah and I were talking about you guys this morning, and he is now packing things up to bring to baby Asher. :)
(Lora. L's Post) July 5, 2012: so excited for you!!! Congratulations! Cannot wait to meet Asher!!
(Valerie H's Post) July 5, 2012: thinking of you...are you figureing things out?!
-Tracy M, "Doing pretty good, but Asher is having some problems with eating & potty. We seem to be turning a corner though...I never thought I could be so excited about a poop!"
-Valerie H, "Don't worry too much - Evan used to go over a week without pooping when he was little. The 411 book talks about it. There are exceptions, or course...it's concerning if they are uncomfortable, etc. Is breastfeeding going okay? You can message me if you have ?'s, etc. I could also talk on the phone tomorrow before noon if you want to call me! Praying for mom & baby! (& dad too!) ;o)"
-Tracy M, "I will try to give you a call tomorrow, if I am home. We have a few things going on though, so I don't know for sure if it will work out."
-Susan S, "See??? Now you have been initiated into the crazy 'poop' club that all us other parents belong to!!! sorry to 'butt' in...hee hee. Praying for you guys, still need to meet the little guy!!"
-Tracy M, "you are welcome by whenever...just give me a heads up!"
(Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012:
![]() |
-Beth S., "You look so content Tracy."
-Richenda P., "Forgot to tell you how increidble it was to see you so comfy with Asher."
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher's first non-family visitors. Pastor Dave said a wonderful prayer for our family.
-Barb T, "Maybe this is your new "calling" to visit the maternity ward and hold newborns. Tough job but somebody should do it don't you think?'
-David D, "I'll take it"
(Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012:
-Erika K, "bright eyes! :)"
-Lynn S, "Beautiful son. Congrats"
-Britni L, "he seems so alert!! what a beautiful little boy, sincerely happy for you!!"
-Susan S, "awwww!! now i see you in him, Tracy! see, it changes weekly :) need to come and see him!!!!"
-Julie S, "Oh my goodness. What a heartbreaker! Watch out ladies!"
-Nicole S, "He's SO beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :)"
-Judy S, "beautiful :)"
-Laura S, "What a cute babe! Can't wait to hold him!"
-Sherry C, "How very precious!"
-Ruth H, "This is amazing - what a gift. Can't wait to see him - blessing on all of you - especially for late night feedings. Enjoy them, honestly!"
Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012:
-Sarah D, "Congratulations Tracy....it's hard work, isn't it? :)"
Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012: I love this one!
-Erika K, "precious!"
-Lynn S, "Love this"
-Vicki M, "So tired"
-Katie N, "SOOOO awesome!!!"
-John S, "Get those naps while you can! Ha ha, great picture. Enjoy this time, it's really really special...
Judy S, "That's awesome
-Sarah D, "Doesn't take long for the exhaustion to set in"
-Ruth H, "Oh my, incredible. I LOVE it!"
(Tracy's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher & Daddy: My guys.
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Asher, Mommy and Grandma K
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: The Migrin clan (Wisconsin edition) Asher is the first Migrin who was not born in Michigan.
-Doree H, "Beautiful new family!!!"
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: Buddha baby.
-Gretchen F, "So very precious!"
-Jen ", "seriously he is so, so handsome!!"
-Doree H, "What a beauty!"
-Megan P, "awwww..how cute :)"
(Eric's Post) July 6, 2012: New mommies Tracy and Alex with their little miracles.
-Richenda P, "Aw...a first date! Alex, K is having a hard time saying AJ. His accent shows up, so he calls her "Ah-Jeh" and "Bebe Add-eh" ;) At one point he just went back to "Bebe Asher" instead. Hope we can baby-talk with the family soon!"
(Tracy's Post) July 7, 2012: Screaming baby: 1, mommy & daddy: 0
-Tess R, "In the long run, you'll enjoy every moment, even the late nights and early mornings!"
-Doree H, "The start of many nights and days, enjoy every minute of it!!!"
-Beth S, "The start of many nights and days, enjoy every minute of it!!!"
-Sarah D, "It's so hard...my advice is to sleep any minute you can while he's sleeping. Which is what I should be doing right now..."
(Tracy's Post) July 7, 2012: Asher at 1 Week Old
(Eric's Post) July 7, 2012: One week ago from right now my God blessed my life beyond my imagination with the birth of our new baby boy Asher Migrin.
(Britni L.'s Post) July 8, 2012: just returned from an awesome visit with my family including a wonderful baby shower thrown by lovely mother, and a beautiful wedding for my cousin... only to return to wonderful news of the arrival of two little miracles!!! Tracy Migrin and Alexandra Dryer, congrats!! I am SOOO happy for you both (and your hubbies!), your babies are adorable!! :) :)
-Britni L, "makes it so much more real to see babies now, instead of baby bumps... super excited!"
(Eric's Post) July 9, 2012: Baby lesson this morning: Do not leave baby uncovered while you leave the room for a new diaper.
-Debbie K, "His way of saving on diapers!"
-Richenda P, "Better than decorating his dad with that shower!"
-Richenda P, "Better than decorating his dad with that shower!"
-Erika K, "Ha ha..he looks like he's smiling. Probably thinking, "bummer...daddy walked away too soon,"."
-Tracy M, "Erika, this made me laugh"
-Shannon B, "too funny...its a boy thing! great picture for the scrapbook though!lol"
-Jenny P, "hahaha"
-Robyn M, "LOL thanks I needed a good laugh;)"
-Rose B, "Just wait til you get hit in the face! LOL"
-Eric M, "I also got peed on today and he managed to get about a cup full on the office floor. Good thing the floor is wood. One thing is for sure, Asher has perfected two things...#1... and #2"
(Tracy's Post) July 9, 2012: Having a great birthday so far, hanging out with my boys! <3
(Richenda P.'s Post) July 10, 2012: Hi Tracy! When the smoke clears from your birthday candles :), and the dust settles from the visitors, let me know when K and I can stop by or take a walk with you. He has said "Asher" a few times we've gotten into the truck the past few days... I'm thinking that's a hint he wants to hang out with his little friend...or perhaps his friend's dog and owls!??
-Tracy M, "That sounds like fun. Eric is still home this week, so maybe we can try to do something next week when I am trying to get used to doing this on my own"
(Tracy's Post) July 13, 2012: Enjoying a quiet moment at home with my family
-Jenny P, "Oh boy....everyone has new parentitis! ;) Cute!"-Valerie H, "very sweet!"
-Pete M, "Sleep when you can!"
(Tracy's Post) July 16, 2012: Please pray for a smooth transition for us as Eric goes back to work tomorrow & Asher & I are on our own.
-Courtney C, "As a first time mom and NO IDEA what I was doing... Sammy was back to work 5 minutes after we came back home from the hospital! You learn as you go and I'm sure you'll do great! If I can do it you can do it :))"-Katie N, "Will do!"
-Erika K, "Praying for you! Call if you want some company :"
-Megan P, "Praying!! You will do great! :)"
-Richenda P, "Aaaw. The best part of parenthood for me have been all the metaphors for Christianity...your heart's intentions are enough...God takes care of the rest. May the lessons in patience...with yourself...begin! :)"
-Valerie H, "Hope you have some wonderful quality cuddle time with Asher!!"
-Jessica R, "YOu probably wont' get a shower and you probably won't be able to go to the bathroom without a dog or a baby with you, but you'll love it. You get him all to yourself again, in a time that goes by so fast"
(Eric's Post) July 16, 2012: My little buddy
-Richenda P, "This is a great picture, you guys!"
-Michelle S, "I love this one! How cute!"
-Erika K, "Precious!! I miss him! :)"
-Colleen A, "Eric, he's so alert and cute! You can just tell he's going to be smart! :)"
-Julie S, "Hello perfect little boy :)"
-Alexandra D, "this is perfect! so cute! :)"
(Eric's Post) July 16, 2012: Family nap time
-Vicki M, "That's the way to do it"
-John P, "Hehehe, awesome!"
-Maryann H, "don't you? LOL baby poop stinks!!! LOL"
-Jenny P,"Ok parents, there is such a thing as TMI"
-Gina H, "Some of my kids made a funny shape with their mouths when they were pooping. Funny little babies!"
-Maryann H, "don't you? LOL baby poop stinks!!! LOL"
-Jenny P,"Ok parents, there is such a thing as TMI"
-Gina H, "Some of my kids made a funny shape with their mouths when they were pooping. Funny little babies!"
(Eric's Post) July 18, 2012: My favorite picture so far.
-Vicki M, "Asher looks so much like you in this picture"
-Vicki M, "Asher looks so much like you in this picture"
(Tracy's Post) July 20, 2012: I should be sleeping right now, but I just can't stop staring at my beautiful little boy asleep in my arms
-Susan S, "because that's what mama's were made to do!! ;)
-Erika K, "Get your rest, but enjoy those moments!! They go by WAY too fast! :) and give Asher a kiss from me! :)"
-Richenda P, "No worries -- I skipped story time to stare at my off-time napper ;) Get every snuggle you can!
-Jessica R, "It's because it's the best feeling in the world."
-Karen P, "that feeling never stops! the sleeping in your arms does! haha! funny pic of Nikki Ky and Kristina eh? :) Congrats!"
(Eric's Post) July 20, 2012: Asher deep in thought...um I mean sleep.
-Ruth H, "Has this been happening alot?!"
-Tracy M, "Of course...who could resist a snuggle?"
(Tracy's Post) July 21, 2012: I am very glad that Asher got to spend the day being snuggled by Eric's family (Grandma & Grandpa Migrin, Auntie Julie & Uncle Dave), but I have to say I have missed him today, and I'm currently enjoying my own snuggle time with him."
(Tracy's Post) July 24, 2012: Siesta?
-Grace T, "precious!! LOVE IT!"
-Debbie G, "Absolutely love those moments. Cherish them - they' re gone before you know it."Shannon B, "how sweet! I have a picture like this with Doug and Paige and it is one of my favorites! Even though they are sleeping, you can see the closeness they already have- God bless your little family!"
-Vicki M, "Love my boys"
-Beckie L, "This is a precious picture"
(Tracy's Post) July 26, 2012: Feeling pretty miserable. Prayers appreciated.
-Megan P, "oh no Tracy...sorry to hear this..everything ok?"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, I am really just not feeling good though. Eric is helping with Asher tonight, so I can get some rest"
-Megan P, "Thank God for Godly husbands! Jamie is the one up or I should say helping with Loren..she's been throwing up. I hope you feel better soon and get some rest!"
-Susan S, "hope you were able to get some rest!! let me know if you need anything...ever! we are just down the street! love you!!!"
-Lora L, "Will pray you are feeling better..fast!!! I have a gift for Asher, cannot wait to meet him!!!!!"
-Valerie H, "thinking of you...hope all is okay!"
(Eric's Post) July 26, 2012: Donuts in the backyard.
-Vicki M, "Such a cool picture"
-Megan P, "that is a really neat picture"
-Vicki M, "I especially like the variety of food we found acceptable for breakfast"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, it was more like a Klingenmaier meal"
-Vicki M, "If that includes ice cream I'm in!"
(Megan's Post to Tracy) July 26, 2012: thinking about and hope you're feeling better!
-Susan S, "i hope both of you are (and your sick one, Megan!)! you've both been up early!! now go to bed!!!!!"
-Megan P, "Susan..you're right! Loren's feeling better..in fact, this morning she was back to normal...I think she just ate something that didn't agree with her. Thanks!"
-Tracy M, "Finally getting better. My fever finally broke"
(Tracy's Post) July 27, 2012: Just when I thought it was over...
-Susan S, "r u still sick??? is it more than a fever? let me know how i can help!!!!!"
-Jaime K, " pregnant again? taht is what happened to us. remember once you start popping them out they keep coming. prayers for you!"
-Megan P, "doesn't sound good..hope everything is ok?"
-Tracy M, "No I am not pregnant!!! That better not happen again for a while. I am pretty sure id loose my mind. I actually have a couple of infections & have felt flu-like symptom with that (including a temp up to 104.7). Last night I finally got my temp back to normal, but now it is back up over 101)"
-Erika K, "I can head up to give you time to rest once Caleb wakes up if you want. Praying for you!!"
-Tracy M, "It's okay Erika. I feel fine at the moment, I just am chilled or sweaty again...just wish I could get this figured out"
-Susan S, "Erika...you can always bring your kids over here if that would be helpful in any way! we are just down the street!!! Tracy-I know it's always tough to accept the help-especially if you're 'feeling better' and such, but i'm guessing you may not be getting a full night's sleep tonight! my biggest regret was not taking full advantage of rest-any way it came!!!"
-Tracy M, "Susan, since it will be the weekend, I can have Eric help with bottles again if I need to. I really am feeling pretty good at the moment though"
-Christina R, "I've had the flu too since yesterday and man is it miserable. Trying to kick it! hope you get better really soon!!"
-Tracy M, "Hope you feel better soon Christina! Having the flu during pregnancy is definitely no fun"
-Judy S, "Hope you're better soon, prayin; for you."
-Christine H, "Oh no I'm so sorry Have you seen your doctor or spoken to him/her? If you're breastfeeding it could be mastitis (sp?)...praying for your speedy recovery..."
(Tracy's Post) July 27, 2012: So frustrated...I can't shut off my brain & fall asleep tonight, & I know I am loosing precious sleep...which I keep thinking about, making it even more difficult to fall asleep...a vicious cycle
-Britni L, "the light from your phone jars your mind awake...turn it off and go to sleep :)"
-Richenda P, "Oh, sorry Tracy! I'll pray for the Shepherd to help you count sheep!"
-Jenny W, "Have a half of a bottle of beer. It won't affect your nursing and will make you drowsy. Then start reading a boring classic novel in bed. That should do it"
-Megan P, "Have a half of a bottle of beer. It won't affect your nursing and will make you drowsy. Then start reading a boring classic novel in bed. That should do it"
-Faye P, "I have trouble from time to time too! The boring book idea helps!"
-Sarah D, "I have trouble from time to time too! The boring book idea helps!"
(Erika K.'s Post) July 28, 2012: we get to babysit our newest nephew this morning!!! Don't worry,Tracy Migrin and Eric Migrin...we'll have our camera and will document everything cute/precious/adorable! :)
-Erika K, "I probably should have just stopped typing after 'everything'"
-Faye P, "You just better hope he doesn't start walking while the parents are away! LOL"
-Erika K, "He didn't, Faye, but if he had I think I would have called the news station first! ;)"
(Valerie H's Post to Tracy) July 29, 2012: I wished I lived closer too...& not just so I could make you dinner! ;o) Yes, it was nice catching up - if we did it more often, we wouldn't need to reserve an entire afternoon for it!! So...keep in touch!...& I will too! ;o) (good luck this week!)-Faye P, "You just better hope he doesn't start walking while the parents are away! LOL"
-Erika K, "He didn't, Faye, but if he had I think I would have called the news station first! ;)"
(Eric's Post) July 30, 2012: One month ago from right now we were having our first family snuggle with our new little blessing from God, Asher Migrin. What an amazing month it has been. I love you buddy!
(Erika's Post) July 30, 2012: Happy 1 month birthday, Asher!! We love you! :)
-Tracy M, "I can't believe it!"
(Tracy's Post) July 30, 2012: Happy 1 month birthday to my little man! I can't believe it. Love you Asher!
-Vicki M, "Happy 1 month Birthday to Asher . Grams M"-Kris E, "Wow!!! Already a month?? How are you doing??"
-Tracy M, "Kris, we're doing pretty good, thanks."
-Elizabeth B, "Unbelievable! Time goes so fast with kids. Can you believe I will have 2 school agers this year! K and 1st grades! Crazy. Enjoy all those baby moments (even the middle of the night ones)...they go so fast."
(Tracy's Post) July 30, 2012: Asher at 1 Month Old
-Richenda P, "Love the calendar idea!"
-Vicki M, "I really like his chubby thighs. SOOOO cute. Can't wait for my next Grandy hugg."
-Kristin P, "I really like his belly button"
(Eric's Post) July 31, 2012: "your first words are going to have to be excuse me". -Tracy to Asher as he was eating and passing gas at the same time.
(Eric's Post) August 1, 2012: He is finally big enough to fit in his favorite shirt!
Jenny P, "haha and obviously he's already talking and let you know that was his favorite shirt. Wow... :)"
-Judy S, "Love it :)"
-Vicki M, "He really does LOVE his daddy"
-Julie S, "Asher is also excited for when he is big enough to fit into the onesie with his father's handsome face on it from Aunt Julie and Uncle Dave."
(Tracy's Post) August 1, 2012: I only got up once last night...providing me 6 hours total of sleep...awesome!
-Tracy M, "Way to go, Asher!"
-Erika K, "Woo hoo! Hope that's the start to a GREAT day! :)"
-Judy S, "yippie!!"
-Vicki M, "Such a good boy that little Asher is."
(Tracy's Post) August 2, 2012: Survived my first solo outing with Asher
-Christina D, "Way to go T-Bird!!"
-Jenny P, "yipeeee-congratulations!! :)"
-Debby K, "Good for you!"
-Kris E, "Way to go Momma!!!! The first time is the hardest. I will be cake from here on out :)"
(Beth S's Post) August 2, 2012: I heard we still get to see you guys in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.
-Tracy M, "Me too. It will be great to finally meet Lewis!"-Beth S, "And us meet Asher."
-Judy S, "We're looking forward to it, too:)"
(Tracy's Post) August 6, 2012: The Tingler For all of you who know what The Tingler is, or have even been to our home & tried it...we just couldn't resist torturing our son a little bit...call it tough love? :)
-Laura S, "ahhh, he is soooo cute!"
-Tracy M, "Yeah, I know...but Asher is cute too right?"
-Laura S, "And, I was going to clarify my comment, but thought I wouldn't need to...note to self for next time."
-Ruth H, "That little guy is already SO forgiving!! What a sweetie!"
-David D, "Some day when you're in the old folks home, watch out!"
-Carol Q, "He is way to cute to torture!"
-Nicole R, "Adorable little guy. Lucky parents! Enjoy those precious moments!"
(Tracy's Post) August 6, 2012: The entire Klingenmaier family (minus Uncle Mike Svinicki, Justin Svinicki & Jason Rasner)
-Faye P, "Great picture! I thought you all got together at Tracy's house until I recognized the couch! The four little ones look so cute! We love all of you and hope you'll come back to see us soon! Love, Dan and Faye"
-Richenda P, "Praying. Know the feeling. I'm going to pray that you find a kind Christian woman with the right price for all of you!"
-Richenda P, "Capable, active, responsible, etc... ;)"
(Tracy's Post) August 6, 2012: Not quite 6 weeks since Asher's delivery & I official fit in all of my pre-pregnancy clothes!! So happy! :)
-Jaime K, "it has been 6 YEARS since my first baby and I do not. lol!"-Jenny P, "you sure looked awfully cute at the shower.....:))"
-Tracy M, "Ok, not everything fits. I still can't get my wedding ring on...guess I'll celebrate our anniversary without it"
-Cindy S, "Keeter will be 26 next week, I'm hoping to fit into the prebaby clothes soon. Oh, never mind, I don't even have those clothes anymore."
(Tracy's Post) August 9, 2012: I think Asher is sleeping with his eyes open. Is that possible?
-Jenny P, "Only for Ninja babies! :)"
-Nikki W, "Paul sleeps with his eyes open... Creepy for a minute, but I'm used to it now."
-Tracy M, "That would be tough to get used to Nikki!"
-Tracy M, "Wish me luck...I'm going to try & put him down so that I can get some things done finally"
-Jenny P, "@ Nikki-that calls for separate bedrooms.........Ewwwwwwwww.........creeped out! I have a new appreciation for my husband! JK....lol"
-Susan S, "a few of mine slept with them half open, i think!"
(Tracy's Post) August 10, 2012: 10 years ago right now, I was laying in bed dreaming of my upcoming wedding...now I am laying in bed listening to the love of my life rock our baby to sleep...it has been an awesome 10 years & keeps getting even better!
-Shawna P, "10 years...wow, Happy Anniversary. it doesn't seem possible that you two have been married that long. Enjoy your growing family!"
-Britni L, "happy anniversary, you two!! 10 years, what a huge success!! God has truly blessed you and I believe He will continue to do so."
(Eric's Post) August 10, 2012: Tracy and I made the important decision tonight to raise Asher as a bilingual baby. He will speak Midwestern English and Yooper.
-Kim C, "you betch"
-Richenda P, "Lots of L2 input around these parts!"
-Tracy M, "That's why we made the decision. Kaden has Spanish, baby L has French & Asher will have Yooper :)"
-Richenda P, "Lots of L2 input around these parts!"
-Tracy M, "That's why we made the decision. Kaden has Spanish, baby L has French & Asher will have Yooper :)"
(Eric's Post) August 10, 2012: 10 years ago today I married the love of my life. Happy Anniversary Tracy. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years has in store for us!
-Beth S, "I loved your wedding. I remember you all dancing to Footloose."
(Tracy's Post) August 10, 2012: Enjoying our anniversary with a simple family nap...feels wonderful
(Eric's Post) August 12 2012: Same beach - ten years in time. Recreating one of our wedding photos
-Rob M, "This is awesome!"
Grace T, "how cool! happy 10th anniversary"
-Tracy M, "One of the most impressive things about this photo is the McGyver-like tripod Eric made out of rocks & beach junk to make this happen, since we forgot our tripod"
-Vicki M, "You guys are SOOOO CUTE! Love you both."
(Tracy's Post) August 13, 2012:
-Jenny P, "Asher sure is one well loved little guy! He looks so happy.."
(Tracy's Post) August 13, 2012: Made Asher an honorary Yooper this weekend...now it's time to head home :(
(Tracy's Post) August 13, 2012: Yesterday we had a great time with family and friends (who are basically family) & for the first time all of the Smith, Strietzel, Klingenmaier & Migrin kids were together.
-Laura S, "Awesome! We had a super great time!"
-Judy S, "Great to be together ...fun was had by all:)"
-Debbie K, "Great time! Need to pick a summer Christmas date for next year, maybe Joe can join us. Love all of you:)"
-Joe S, "Sorry I missed this-it looks like a great time. Would have loved to be there."
-Tracy M, "Next year Joe! We'd love to have everyone together!"
-Valerie H, "awwww...so cute!!"
-Ruth H, "Great picture!!"
-Beth S, "All those kids and it was still a very relaxing day."
(Eric's Post) August 14, 2012: I wonder why he likes to sleep on his side?
-Jenny P, "oh this is cute...:)"
-Vicki M, "Like Mother, like son!"
(Eric's Post) August 14, 2012: Asher and AJ (dibs!)
(Eric's Post) August 14, 2012:
(Tracy's Post) August 15, 2012: Feeling very overwhelmed & freaked out by the need to choose a daycare ASAP. Needing God to direct our decision
-Christina O, "It WILL work out & come together! He will guide you & Eric!"-Tracy M, "We have called dozens of places & have interviewed 6 that seem like they'll work for location & cost. Of that there are three that we think are ok, but none that really stand out above the others. How do you choose?"
-Christina O, "Tracy, trust your gut! Gods given you intuition and feelings for a good reason. You will likely find one that your gut will lean toward or away from even just subtly!"
-Ruth H, "Or find a godly grandma type with nothing to do....?"
(Tracy's Post) August 19, 2012: Eric has been teasing me that Asher's diaper only leaks when I change it...that record has officially been blown...all over Eric's shirt! Thanks Asher!
-Beth S, "Well, you can solve that problem easy. have him change ALL the diapers."
-Pete M, "Ha! Welcome to the club!"
-Pete M, "Ha! Welcome to the club!"
(Eric's Post) August 19, 2012: Now we have a baby to fill our mini Adirondack chair.
(Tracy's Post) August 20, 2012: Little man is smiling like crazy this morning...I love it!
-Megan P, " Isn't that one of the greatest things!!??"-Judy S, "So sweet :)"
(Tracy's Post) August 22, 2012: Eric & I need to prepare Asher for daycare, but we can't get him to take a bottle. He just chews on it...any suggestions (we're currently using a Nuk bottle)?
-Christina O, "It doesn't have to be a certain time of day for you to have something...just as long as the rest of your diet is balanced! and pray do tell where I could find this kind of ice cream ...sounds devine!"
-Tracy M, "I don't think you can buy it in stores, but good ice cream shops often have it...I also think that Scoops makes it...come for a visit & I'll buy you a cone! "
-Britni L, "I think I heard on the radio that Oberweisse makes a blueberry cheesecake ice cream? it might have been blueberry pie, though... sounded amazing either way!"
-Grace T, "if you're nursing technically you're still eating for 2"
-Karen P, "It's been 12 years since the last one and I still blame it on pregnancy! haha"
-Lisa D, "I didn't bring Elin to my appointment and my doctor told me they look forward to seeing the new babies - bring him and show him off!"
(Eric's Post) August 24, 2012:
-Stephanie H, "what a good looking family! :)."
(Tracy's Post) August 24, 2012:
-Gina F, "Smiling already? How sweet"-Carol Q, "I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!"
(Tracy's Post) August 25, 2012: Quote of the day (during a morning family snuggle with Asher):
Eric: "I think his feet are the cutest"
Me: "I think his face has to be the cutest, then his feet"
Eric: "Yeah, but his face makes crying noises. His feet are just cute all the time."
(Tracy's Post) August 29, 2012: I just woke up to the sound of Asher laughing in his crib. I have no idea what was so funny (or if he was even awake), but it melted my heart nonetheless
-Eric M, "That was super cute. I wish we could have recorded it. Now we just need to get him to laugh AT us, not just when he is alone in his crib."
-Eric M, "I bet he was laughing at my swaddle job. He was thinking, "ha, ha. Daddy thinks this swaddle will keep my arms contained. I'll show him.""
-Tracy M, "FYI, when he woke up (45 min. after you left), his swaddle blanket was around his ankles!"
-Vicki M, "That's my little Houdini!"
(Tracy's Post) August 30, 2012: Yesterday our daycare choice was made official! It feels so great to have that figured out
-Ruth H, "Trust it will be a great option for all 3 of you!"
-Eric M, "I bet he was laughing at my swaddle job. He was thinking, "ha, ha. Daddy thinks this swaddle will keep my arms contained. I'll show him.""
-Tracy M, "FYI, when he woke up (45 min. after you left), his swaddle blanket was around his ankles!"
-Vicki M, "That's my little Houdini!"
-Ruth H, "Trust it will be a great option for all 3 of you!"
(Eric's Post) August 30, 2012:: Happy two months Asher Robert! God has truly blessed us with an amazing little man and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us as he continues to grow.
-Britni L, "wow, happy 2 months to Asher! :)"
(Tracy's Post) August 31, 2012: Asher celebrated his 2 month birthday by sleeping for 6-1/2 hours straight!!! After eating, he slept for another 3 hours & is still sleeping!!! I don't even know what to do with myself...it's amazing what some fresh air will do
-Christina D, "maybe take a little nap"
-Vicki M, "Go cottage go!"
(Tracy's Post) August 31, 2012: <3 My Boys
-Jennifer D, "mirror images"
-Deb T, "wow! same expression! LOVE IT!"
-Stacey D, "Twinsies!"
(Tracy's Post) September 1, 2012: Need I say more?
-Judy S, "You're right....that says it all:) Love it!"
-Vicki M, "Go Blue and Great Daddys!"
(Tracy's Post) September 2, 2012: Asher meets uncle Robby
-Erika K, "Aww... Uncle Robby looks so happy to meet Asher! :)"
-Terry K, "That is so cool!!"
-Julie S, "I love this :)"
-Julie S, "All I can say is that your second born child better get the same treatment love, Aunt "Middle Child" Julie"
-Tracy M, "Yeah Julie...in my case the youngest had the same problem. I will do my best to make sure that all of our kids get the same treatment. "
-Julie S, "Haha, awesome Tracy! :)"
-Debbie K, "Tracy are you saying we don't have as many pictures of you?"
-Tracy M, "There are a lot, but I don't think as many (I know I'm not hurting for photos though)...I don't think that there are any portraits of me as a baby though..."
-Vicki M, "In our defense--we didn't have as much time with a toddler and a baby. I'm sure your mom will agree we still loved you girls sooooo much-just no time for pics"
-Eric M, "Yeah, they didn't get as many pictures, but they got to break all the rules us older siblings had to abide by. Plus, you loved them more. And don't even get me started on the third child."
-Vicki M, "Oh Eric, you know we loved Rob more and Julie got the same rules as you did."
(Eric's Post) September 3, 2012: Chillin' in the hammock at the cottage.
-Chris M, "Got him started out early on the hammock"
-Beth S, "He looks so big."
-Vicki M, "The hammock is a great place to nap."
(Eric's Post) September 5, 2012: Smiling at mommy!
-Vicki M, "He sure LOVES his mommy
(Eric's Post) September 5, 2012: Asher's first boat ride (to the ice cream store!)
-Vicki M, "Of course the ice cream store
(Tracy's Post) September 6, 2012: Block Party
(Tracy's Post) September 6, 2012: Playing
(Tracy's Post) September 6, 2012: One VERY unhappy boy right now :(
(Tracy's Post) September 6, 2012: Exhausted after a traumatic morning at the doctor for his 2 month checkup. He was NOT happy about the shots, but survived & mom & dad are happy to have a healthy boy (healthy, but HUGE...95th percentile all around)!
-Christina D, "i learned the sooner you take the bandaids off the better!!"
-Tracy M, "I wish someone had said that earlier. They've been on all day....new he'll probably start screaming again"
-Christina D, "i learned the sooner you take the bandaids off the better!!"
-Tracy M, "I wish someone had said that earlier. They've been on all day....new he'll probably start screaming again"
(Eric's Post) September 7, 2012: I feel that I must buy all of these (for Asher, of course)
-Fabien L, "Sweet! Can i please come over and play with you, i mean asher... (when my son is born of course )"
(Tracy's Post) September 8, 2012: I LOVE Saturdays...Daddy let me sleep in until 10, and now the babe is sleeping next to me in his swing while I get some things done on the computer...then we've got a football game to watch, a stop at Target and dinner in the crock pot. A simple, but good day
(Eric's Post) September 9, 2012:
(Tracy's Post) September 9, 2012: Asher starts daycare in 3 days and I am currently listening to him scream and cry as Eric tries to give him a bottle. Hopefully he doesn't starve to death on Wednesday.
-Beth S, "He will get it and it will all work out just fine. In the mean time just keep breathing."
-Britni L, "hope it goes well, though, will be praying for you!"
-Jenny P, "We've all been there, Tracy....he'll come through like a champ and be just fine! He has wonderful parents to come home to and that in itself is a huge blessing!!! "
-Maryann H, "We've all been there, Tracy....he'll come through like a champ and be just fine! He has wonderful parents to come home to and that in itself is a huge blessing!!! "
(Tracy's Post) September 9, 2012:
-Jenny P, "How lovely...."
-Vicki M, "Everyone loves that hammock! Just keep AJ away from there until they are a little older. Ha Ha."
-Rob M, "Did I hear "blue truck" in there somewhere?"
-Julie M, "Cute Cute Cute! Baby translation "Holy cow! There is an owl right here in front of my face! This is the coolest thing ever! Now I will punch you, owl""
(Tracy's Post) September 11, 2012:
-Diana R, "This is a picture for a magazine. It is so sweet. Love it!!!"
(Tracy's Post) September 11, 2012: Last Day. How did my leave go by so quickly?
-Christina O, "So.sad...seasons I guess"
-John P, "hahaha come on Eric, it's no worse than yellow snow! ;)"
-Eric M, "Why not call them the Baby Ruth's"
-Rose B, "Oh if you only knew..."
-John P, "As long as they don't have one called "Baby Ruths"....
(Tracy's Post) September 12, 2012: Trying hard not to cry this morning (not really succeeding). Prayers appreciated today.
-Kris E, "Hang in there :("-Debbie K, "Hugs:) to all!"
-Brittany S, "I'm so sorry Tracy!!! I will be praying for you.
-Susan S, "praying! God knows, and He is the great comforter! He is the giver of all blessings! He has given you so much! *try* to focus on the positive! love you!!"
-Natalie M, "Will be praying for you! So hard, but God will provide all you and Asher need! xo"
-Shawn P, "I don't think it gets any easier...I cried all day when I took Jonathan to school the first day. I miss him and I'm glad I miss him enough to cry. You are not alone"
-Laura S, "I'm praying for you!"
-Erika K, "I'm praying too! Been thinking about you all morning. Hang in there! "
-Tracy M, "I was doing pretty good, until I read all this. Thank you for the support. The day is going alright, but I miss him terribly."
-Gina H, "David video taped me leaving my first day back after Ellyse was born...I was crying and I could hear David crying too on the tape. Hard days, but God does give us what we need. I am praying for all of you!"
-Valerie H, "awwww...hope all is well. I'll be thinking about you guys today!!"
-Beth S. "Hope you made it through your day. Praying for you."
-Britni L, "thought about you today and how hard this transition must be. hope it gets easier. praying for you!!"
-Tracy M, "Thank you for the prayers everyone. The day went fairly well with only a few tears, & Asher did good with the bottles!"
-Christina D, "sending prayers up for you T-Bird"
-Michelle S, "It was very hard for me with my 2, especially the 1st one...it gets easier with time...praying!"
-Tess R, "You will find that the end of the day is so much more rewarding when you get home and can spend some quality time with your little one!"
-Vicki M, "By now I hope you are home snuggling Asher!"
-Tracy M, "Yes I am. I made it & am snuggling him as I type"
(Tracy's Post) September 15, 2012: Can someone please explain to Asher that you can sleep in on Saturdays?
-Mike K, "I hear ya. Someone needs to tell Abbi the same thing lol"
-Erika K, "I think Caleb missed that memo too. Micah's still sleeping though"
-Cindy S, "I wish someone would explain it to my puppy!!!"
-Allison M, "I'll have Elias talk to him. He let me sleep until 9:30 today"
-Erika K, "I'm jealous Allison!"
-Karen P, "too funny- I remember those days like they were yesterday! Don't blink!"
-Elizabeth B, "Yeah, when you find someone who speaks his language, send them my way too! My 5 and 6 year old still don't grasp that concept."
(Tracy's Post) September 17, 2012: Missing my little guy today & counting down until I can go pick him up
(Tracy's Post) September 22, 2012: Got to take a good nap while the little guy went to the park with Grandma, Grandpa & Daddy
-Valerie H, "his looks are changing SO much!! So cute!"
-Grace T, "good for you mama!!!! best to catch a few zzz's when you can :)"
(Tracy's Post) September 25, 2012: 8 hours straight...thank you Asher!
(Eric's Post) September 27, 2012: Asher "talking" Here is another video of Asher making baby noises and me acting like a dork trying to get him to make the baby noises
(Eric's Post) September 27, 2012: No matter how long the to do list gets, I will always take playing with Asher over catching up. His awesome little smile and his "talking" makes all the stress of the day fade away. I love this little guy (and his mommy and Emma too).
-Tracy M, "We love you too!"
-Jenny P, "Oh my goodness, I don't think it's possible for him (Asher...hehe) to get any cuter!!!"
-Grace T, "awww!! great pic"-Vicki M, "He is the cutest baby ever-said his grandmother."
-Valerie H, "I LOVE pics like this!! Great SMILE!!"
-Debbie K, "Great! Love and miss you all!"
-Sherry C, "What a great picture!"
-Kattie C, "What a great moment caught on camera! He's adorable!"
(Eric's Post) September 29, 2012: Asher Laughs
For the past few weeks we have been hearing Asher laugh while he is sleeping. Today he laughed and Tracy got it on video. He laughed a lot more before Tracy got the camera, but this was probably my favorite moment of being a dad so far.
-Vicki M, "I smile and love him even more every time I see this"
(Tracy's Post to Eric) September 29, 2012: Thank you for letting me get some extra zzzz's this morning. I love you!
(Eric's Post) September 30, 2012: What an amazing day. Started off with donuts for breakfast, followed by an amazing speaker at church (Greg Stier of Dare2share http://gospeljourney.com/). Then we had a relaxing afternoon, finished off with some play time with Asher (we got him to laugh again) This is exactly what Sundays should be like. Good church and good family time!
(Christina O's Post) September 30, 2012: Yesterday was wonderful! Got to see some friends I haven't seen in OVER a year and meet their handsome 3 mo old baby boy (swoon), ran into one of my favorite former clients and finally got to meet his beautiful wife, got to watch my dear friend, looking more stunning than ever, say her I do's on her happy day, and even got to squeeze in a pedi with my sister while my man hung out with little blue eyes♥ he enjoyed himself, judging by the way he kept bringing up their little conversations
-Tracy M, "Glad you had a good day. It was great to see you. Hopefully we can do it again sometime"
(Tracy's Post) September 30, 2012: Relaxing on the couch with my little snuggle bun passed out on my chest. Can it get any better than this?
-Kristin P, "Relaxing on the couch with my little snuggle bun passed out on my chest. Can it get any better than this?"
-Britni L, "me too! you're right, doesn't get any better!!"
(Tracy's Post) September 30, 2012: Asher at 3 Months
-Valerie H, "LOVE this!!!!"
(Grace T's Post) October 1, 2012: hello friend! looking fwd to the shower in a couple wks- will you have asher w/ you? i'd love to finally meet the little guy!
(Tracy's Post) October 1, 2012:
-Vicki M, "Your whole family, how cute"
(Tracy's Post) October 1, 2012: (via Jen Prouty Photography) asher. 2 months old and already a heartbreaker.
-Tracy M, "Love it! Thank you so much Jen!"
-Vicki M, "SO DARN CUTE"
-Vicki M, "SO DARN CUTE"
(Tracy's Post) October 1, 2012:
(Tracy's Post) October 1, 2012:
-Vicki M, "Your whole family, how cute :)"
(Tracy's Post) October 7, 2012: Today would be a great day to have a grandmother living near by...I think you guys should move...
-Debbie K, "I was sitting in Church this morning thinking that it would be nice to live closer. Feel the need for a grandma snuggle:)"
-Megan P, "I know how you feel Tracy...I so wish my parents lived closer or vice versa "
-Tracy M, "Doing a better after a nap, but bummed that the weekend is almost over... Need a vacation"
-Britni L, "Tracy, Megan...I feel your pain :("
-Vicki M, "I'm with you Debbie, I need to hug that sweet little guy!"
-Debbie K, "I was sitting in Church this morning thinking that it would be nice to live closer. Feel the need for a grandma snuggle:)"
-Megan P, "I know how you feel Tracy...I so wish my parents lived closer or vice versa "
-Tracy M, "Doing a better after a nap, but bummed that the weekend is almost over... Need a vacation"
-Britni L, "Tracy, Megan...I feel your pain :("
-Vicki M, "I'm with you Debbie, I need to hug that sweet little guy!"
(Tracy's Post) October 7, 2012: A 2-Headed Monster!?
-Jenny P, "hahaha how cute!!! :)"
-Jenny P, "Start saving for those "teen years" grocery bills!"
(Tracy's Post) October 11, 2012: The worst thing about taking Wednesdays off is leaving my little guy on Thursdays. I miss him.
-Deb T, "Wait til he starts getting an attitude!! E was so crabby this a.m. I wanted to leave her with someone else! Enjoy the fun cuddly stage while you have it!"
(Tracy's Post) October 13, 2012: Go Blue!
-Jenny P, "Cutie-Pie...what a happy guy..enjoyed seeing him and his beautiful blues at the shower this morning! "
-Bonnie R, "He sure is a cutie"
-Rachel K "Cutie-Pie...what a happy guy..enjoyed seeing him and his beautiful blues at the shower this morning! "
(Eric's Post) October 13, 2012: Looks like he's going to be a Michigan Fan!
(Jen P.'s Post) October 13, 2012: In honor of Michigan's big win today, another preview of some diehard M fans! *sidenote, this incredibly cute family happens to be my cousins and they are sitting in front of my aunt and uncle's lakehome that they designed for them....notice the Michigan Architecture shirts? :D
-Tracy M, "I love it! Thank you Jen!"
-Eric M, "This is a great shot. You really worked your magic because you can't even tell that we are sitting on concrete blocks and pallets, surrounded by cobwebs, straw and other construction junk. Nice work!'
-Vicki M, "Hey that is my construction junk you're talking' about!"
-Tracy M, "Jen-although Emma didn't make it into this family pic her presence did...Eric told me that the smudges on the glass in the left window are from her!"
(Tracy's Post) October 14, 2012: Can I say growth spurt? (not that my 95 percentile boy really needs that at the moment)...he has been sleeping 10 hours & still going!! (I made Eric get up to check that he was ok)
-Vicki M, "What a good boy"
-Susan S, "what.a.blessing :) :) :)"
-Christopher S, "Lucky you!"
-Tom D, "SUPER lucky!"
(Tracy's Post) October 15, 2012: Just sang An Austrian Went Yodeling to Asher to cheer him up (it worked)...now I think I need a nap!
-Jenny P, "& I thought we were somewhat colorful? You're yodeling to your child..Hmmm....."Ricola!""
-Faye P, "I'm not familiar with that song - perhaps you can sing it for us at the next family reunion! LOL"
-Rhonda H, "Well...no one sings it like you! So of course it worked!!!!!"
-Chelsea G, "This just brought back a whole bunch of memories I had forgotten about that song! Of course, now that I'm reminded of it I remember all the words!"
(Tracy's Post) October 17, 2012: Asher is laying on my chest sleeping & snoring like an old man
-Debbie K, "Little old man:)"
-Julie S, "I need to see my cute nephew soon! Thanksgiving can't come quickly enough!"
-Jenny P, "Happy babies!"
-Britni L, "Haha precious!"
-Vicki M, "...and keeping you warm and toasty!"
(Tracy's Post) October 17, 2012:
-Megan P, "love the sleeper"
-Tracy M, "was that one from you guys? thanks! "
-Erika K, "Looks like he's ready to start a fight with 'the other baby'."
(Erika K's Post) October 18, 2012: The boys and I have been looking at your pictures of Asher this morning, and Caleb is now calling both Asher and Emma by name! Of course, they're "baby" and "doggie" first, but when I tell him their names he'll say them
(Tracy's Post) October 18, 2012: Does it make us bad parents that both Eric & I were a little happy that Asher cried when Eric dropped him off at daycare today? Maybe he does like us after all!
-Megan P, "nope...not at all he loves you guys!!"
-Susan S, "what.a.blessing :) :) :)"
-Christopher S, "Lucky you!"
-Tom D, "SUPER lucky!"
(Tracy's Post) October 15, 2012: Just sang An Austrian Went Yodeling to Asher to cheer him up (it worked)...now I think I need a nap!
-Jenny P, "& I thought we were somewhat colorful? You're yodeling to your child..Hmmm....."Ricola!""
-Faye P, "I'm not familiar with that song - perhaps you can sing it for us at the next family reunion! LOL"
-Rhonda H, "Well...no one sings it like you! So of course it worked!!!!!"
-Chelsea G, "This just brought back a whole bunch of memories I had forgotten about that song! Of course, now that I'm reminded of it I remember all the words!"
(Tracy's Post) October 17, 2012: Asher is laying on my chest sleeping & snoring like an old man
-Debbie K, "Little old man:)"
-Julie S, "I need to see my cute nephew soon! Thanksgiving can't come quickly enough!"
-Jenny P, "Happy babies!"
-Britni L, "Haha precious!"
-Vicki M, "...and keeping you warm and toasty!"
(Tracy's Post) October 17, 2012:
-Megan P, "love the sleeper"
-Tracy M, "was that one from you guys? thanks! "
-Erika K, "Looks like he's ready to start a fight with 'the other baby'."
(Erika K's Post) October 18, 2012: The boys and I have been looking at your pictures of Asher this morning, and Caleb is now calling both Asher and Emma by name! Of course, they're "baby" and "doggie" first, but when I tell him their names he'll say them
(Tracy's Post) October 18, 2012: Does it make us bad parents that both Eric & I were a little happy that Asher cried when Eric dropped him off at daycare today? Maybe he does like us after all!
-Megan P, "nope...not at all he loves you guys!!"
(Tracy's Post) October 20, 2012: It was a great fall family weekend!!
-Faye P, "Beautiful picture of the whole family!"
(Tracy's Post) October 21, 2012: We finally have a roller!
-Erika K, "Oh boy! Watch out, world!"
(Tracy's Post) October 23, 2012: Odd question: if people take their kids to doctor's appointments with them. do they have enough space in the rooms for a stroller? I have an appointment tomorrow and I don't think my back can handle carrying Asher & his car seat all over the hospital.
(Rachel K's Post) October 23, 2012: Tracy, I had a dream last night that Asher was walking and running..it had been so long since I've seen him that he ran over to me! It was soo sad! Please make sure he doesn't grow up too fast! Hopefully see him again (and you and Eric too) before he starts walking!! Hope you're all doing well! Miss you guys!
-Tracy M, "Lol. I'm sure you'll see him again before he is walking unless he his a prodigy. We will be gone for Christmas, so hopefully you'll get to see him then!"
-Rachel K, "You won't be home for Christmas at all?! I hope you meant to say home for Xmas! If not I'll have to make a special trip to see all my baby cousins! "
-Tracy M, "Dumb autocorrect. Yes home, not gone"
(Tracy's Post) October 24, 2012: Why do babies wait until you change their diaper to poop?
-Eric M, "Why do artists prefer a blank canvas?"
-Jon D, " It looks like you have a future comedian on your hands."
-Tracy M, "I hope not, we need him to make enough money someday to support our struggling butts...since our career choice doesn't seem to be helping us out much "
-Amber S, ""there's more room of course!
-Gina H, " I guess it is just so much nicer to poop in a clean diaper. Our kids all did the same thing."
-Christina D, "your not alone with this one...pretty sure ALL babies would rather go in a fresh clean diaper!!"
-Amanda B, "When you have an answer...PLEASE share!"
(Tracy's Post) October 25, 2012: Having a tough day, and need some encouragement from other working moms. How do you do it?
-Randy K, "We're still trying to figure that out Tracy. Hang in there!"
-Jenny W, "Everything you are doing is for a better future for your little guy. Just have faith and determination, and when you get home, just snuggle him and relish the moments you have together!"
-Deb T, "you have more quality time when you work and love to be with him every second....when you are home all the time you start to wish you could get away!....there is no perfect scenario. Home all the time and you feel guilty for wanting to get away. Working and you feel guilty for being away.....Being a mom changes everything. Do what works best for you and your family!"
-Megan P, "I agree with Deb, Tracy...it's so hard to find a balance with that. After I had Jamie, I stayed home with her till she was about 10 months old...while I loved being with her, I also missed grown up conversation etc, my work called and asked if I wanted to come back for a couple days a week..I jumped at the offer, honestly, couldn't wait to get out of the house..LOL. Well, when I started back, I missed her sooo much during the day. That only lasted a couple months, and I was back home full time. Now I miss working again though...ugh. I think sometimes as a stay at home mom I don't spend as much time with my kids as I would if I was working during the day and come home at night to them. Not sure if that makes sense...I do plan on going back to work when all the kids are in school full time...that's my plan right now. Pray about it!!!"
-Elizabeth B, "I decided to work in the schools. Best of both worlds...summers off and crazy work during the school year. I always think of working as something I do for me, for my family, and I can be a better mom for it. However, if I had to work all year, I think I would be considering a 4 day work week. It really is all about balance."
-Richenda P, "Funny you should say that because I was thinking about just that a few days back: Prayer, prayer, prayer. Lots of prayer to praise the Lord inside and try to be more joyful and love wherever I'm at. Thinking of you."
-Beth S, " It is definitely a hard balancing act. I love working part time. I feel like getting out of the house keeps me sane so I can have adult conversations. It also is hard dropping them off at day care but I know it is good for them to be away from me for a while too. I feel like a better Mom when I get home because I was away for a bit. Not sure if this makes sence I feel like I am rambling. Keep on going Mamma! You can do it and you know what works best for your family."
-Tracy M, "Lol. I'm sure you'll see him again before he is walking unless he his a prodigy. We will be gone for Christmas, so hopefully you'll get to see him then!"
-Rachel K, "You won't be home for Christmas at all?! I hope you meant to say home for Xmas! If not I'll have to make a special trip to see all my baby cousins! "
-Tracy M, "Dumb autocorrect. Yes home, not gone"
-Eric M, "Why do artists prefer a blank canvas?"
-Jon D, " It looks like you have a future comedian on your hands."
-Tracy M, "I hope not, we need him to make enough money someday to support our struggling butts...since our career choice doesn't seem to be helping us out much "
-Amber S, ""there's more room of course!
-Gina H, " I guess it is just so much nicer to poop in a clean diaper. Our kids all did the same thing."
-Christina D, "your not alone with this one...pretty sure ALL babies would rather go in a fresh clean diaper!!"
-Amanda B, "When you have an answer...PLEASE share!"
-Randy K, "We're still trying to figure that out Tracy. Hang in there!"
-Jenny W, "Everything you are doing is for a better future for your little guy. Just have faith and determination, and when you get home, just snuggle him and relish the moments you have together!"
-Deb T, "you have more quality time when you work and love to be with him every second....when you are home all the time you start to wish you could get away!....there is no perfect scenario. Home all the time and you feel guilty for wanting to get away. Working and you feel guilty for being away.....Being a mom changes everything. Do what works best for you and your family!"
-Megan P, "I agree with Deb, Tracy...it's so hard to find a balance with that. After I had Jamie, I stayed home with her till she was about 10 months old...while I loved being with her, I also missed grown up conversation etc, my work called and asked if I wanted to come back for a couple days a week..I jumped at the offer, honestly, couldn't wait to get out of the house..LOL. Well, when I started back, I missed her sooo much during the day. That only lasted a couple months, and I was back home full time. Now I miss working again though...ugh. I think sometimes as a stay at home mom I don't spend as much time with my kids as I would if I was working during the day and come home at night to them. Not sure if that makes sense...I do plan on going back to work when all the kids are in school full time...that's my plan right now. Pray about it!!!"
-Elizabeth B, "I decided to work in the schools. Best of both worlds...summers off and crazy work during the school year. I always think of working as something I do for me, for my family, and I can be a better mom for it. However, if I had to work all year, I think I would be considering a 4 day work week. It really is all about balance."
-Richenda P, "Funny you should say that because I was thinking about just that a few days back: Prayer, prayer, prayer. Lots of prayer to praise the Lord inside and try to be more joyful and love wherever I'm at. Thinking of you."
-Beth S, " It is definitely a hard balancing act. I love working part time. I feel like getting out of the house keeps me sane so I can have adult conversations. It also is hard dropping them off at day care but I know it is good for them to be away from me for a while too. I feel like a better Mom when I get home because I was away for a bit. Not sure if this makes sence I feel like I am rambling. Keep on going Mamma! You can do it and you know what works best for your family."
(Tracy's Post) October 26, 2012: One year ago today we found out that we were going to be parents, and what an amazing year it's been!
-Melody C, "We have homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas! Mmm. And for Thanksgiving, at the beginning of November, we draw a leafless tree and cut out leaves from fall-hued paper. During the month, every day, we write something we're thankful for and stick it on the tree. Guests do it too. We keep them from year to year, and it's fun looking over them."
-David D, " Judy spoils us all rotten in every way imaginable -- its a good tradition. . ."
-Tracy M, "That really doesn't help me much PD. Although I am pretty sure that I plan to spoil my little guy too! ...hopefully just not rotten!"
-Maria G, " I got an ornament every year, it was great moving out to have a bunch of ornaments to start with!"
-Richenda P, "We watch THE NATIVITY together the day we decorate, and do a birthday cake for Jesus complete with Happy Birthday, Jesus. K cracked up every time we said, "Jesus" in the song last year."
(Eric's Post) October 27, 2012: Emma teaching Asher how to carve a pumpkin with his teeth.
(Tracy's Post) October 28, 2012: (For Pastor David D) Happy Reformation Sunday! :)
-Chris S, "adorable!"
-Debbie K, "Is he going trick or treating?"
-Tracy M, "nope. he is helping to pass out candy. & yes, I did make it yesterday out of scraps from his nursery mobile. BTW: Eric's dad thought that his owl robe was a Yoda costume! :) We got a good laugh out of that!"
-Shelly N, "So cute!"
-Vicki M, "So creative-love the wings! Asher is the cutest owl ever!"
-Doree H, "Gotta love it"
-Gail S, "Sooooo cute!!!"
-Debbie G, "So sweet!"
-Samantha B, "That is possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen."
(Eric's Post) October 29, 2012: Me and my buddy.
-Stacey D, "Twinsies!"
-Vicki M, "I think you like that little guy SM;)E
-John P, "One of those kids needs a shave!"
-Jenny P, "Awwwwwwwwwwww now that's cute! That's right Asher...you can take him...you're poised to put him in a head lock! :)"
-Nicole S, "ADORABLE!!!!"
-Beth S, "Oh he looks like a baby here not a little newborn anymore."
-Vicki M, "He looks so cute in his pic and so do you Eric. Love you two!"
-John P, "One of those kids needs a shave!"
-Jenny P, "Awwwwwwwwwwww now that's cute! That's right Asher...you can take him...you're poised to put him in a head lock! :)"
-Nicole S, "ADORABLE!!!!"
-Beth S, "Oh he looks like a baby here not a little newborn anymore."
-Vicki M, "He looks so cute in his pic and so do you Eric. Love you two!"
(Eric's Post) October 30, 2012: I can't believe Asher is 4 months old already. How the time flies.
-Rob M, "Is he driving yet?"-Erika K, "Caleb recognized him right away...started yelling, "baby, baby! Ashish, Ashish" (which I can only assume is his way of saying Asher. :)"
-Vicki M, "Love that little tongue!"
(Tracy's Post) November 3, 2012: Laying in bed listening to my little guy "talking" in his crib. He is such a morning person, unlike his parents (I prefer to wait a few hours to say anything)...maybe he was switched at birth?
-Debbie K, "Love it!"
-Susan S, "haha...ALL 4 of ours must have been switched at birth! we *just* have to wait until the teenage years b4 we get to sleep in again... "
-Rob M, "I cant wait to hear all he has to say at thanksgiving (:"
-Vicki M, "Eric used to wake up at 5am no matter when we put him to bed!"
(Eric's Post) November 4, 2012: Asher at 7 weeks
(Eric's Post) November 4, 2012: Asher at 18 weeks
-Rob M, "He is huge!"
-Heidi B, "Same here!"
-Megan P, "my fingers swelled up also, but about 2-3 weeks after my babies were born I could wear them again. I would give them some more time....just to be sure they aren't going to go back to pre pregnancy size. Hope that helps...."
-Tracy M, "Thanks. it is weird, like my knuckles grew. My fingers really are not swollen any more, but I still can't force my rings on (& I am not real fond of going around with a baby and no wedding ring)."
-Megan P, "well, it is possible. I know some women when they get pregnant their feet grow and never go back to pre pregnancy size. For now you could always get a cheap ring to wear until you're pretty sure your ring needs to be sized. It's not cheap to size a ring now days that's for sure!"
-Susan S, "i have been wearing a cheap band for the last few years, not because of the same reasons as you, but b/c my diamond broke off and i, too, do not like to be that mom w/lots of kids and no wedding ring. not sure about your issue, though. i'd just get something and wait it out, if it is that you take your ring on and off frequently! someday i'll get that fixed! "
-Megan P, "Susan, you're ring is really pretty! Sorry to hear about your diamond though...how sad Sorry Tracy..didn't want to hijack your thread!"
-Julie T, "Tracy - I have the same problem. I am able to get my ring on, but it's a lot harder to get it off. I find baby oil helps (on and off). I also wait until my hands are cold before I try it. I was waiting for them to get back to normal... but it's going on 7 months!"
-Tracy M, "I have tried to force it, but I cannot get it over my knuckle. If I did finally get it on I'd be afraid I'd have to cut it off"
-Jessica R, "Mine did the same thing. It takes a full year for your body to find its balance. So even though your back in the same pants, you're still changing."
(Tracy's Post) November 6, 2012: I am thankful that God led us to a great person to watch Asher during the day. I hate leaving him, but it is much easier knowing he is in good hands
(Tracy's Post) November 7, 2012: Although I am dreading Asher's shots this morning and watching his little face contort as he goes through the pain of them, I am thankful that God has given us the resources and minds to think of vaccinations that save lives and keep my little boy healthy, and the doctors and nurses that help along the way.
-Angie A, "I always give collin tylenol before he went to get his shots...it always helped with the pain and the possible fever....I learned that from another mom and I am passing the info to you. I hope it goes well:)"
-Megan P, "I hate shot days also!! So much so I usually put it off, when I shouldn't. I give all my kids tylenol before also..it helps."
-Tracy M, "Hey did SO good! He barely cried at all this time! What a tough little guy!"
(Eric's Post) November 7, 2012: Asher just had his 4 month check up. He handled his shots like a champ (only a little whimper for each shot) , is perfectly healthy and is still in the 90%-95% range for height, weight and head size. 16lb 14oz, 27" tall. We're going to need a bigger car seat soon.
-Tracy M, "& he's been sleeping ever since"
-Christina O, "He's a good sized boy...you sure are going to need a bigger car seat soon!"
(Tracy's Post) November 7, 2012:
-Susan S, "awwww, best family photo ive seen on fb in awhile!!! truly genuine smiling faces!!"
(Eric's Post) November 7, 2012: Love this smile!
-Michele S, "very cute!"
-Erika K, "That looks like a Tracy face :) Adorable! <3"
-Judy S, "Just Love It...thinking of something fun to do:)"
-Britni L, "So cute!! Wondering if he slept after all that fun??"
-Tracy M, "It did take about an hour to calm him down afterwards, but it was worth it"
-Vicki M, "Is Thanksgiving coming soon...I NEED to hold that baby"
-Hannah H, "Hahaha Will and I just watched that and laughed. You have such an adorable baby!!!!"
(Tracy's Post) November 7, 2012:
-Kelly S, "Love this photo. Great idea!
(Tracy's Post) November 8, 2012: I am thankful for technology. I love the fact that I can be a couple hundred miles from family & still hear my mom's voice whenever I want and share pictures & videos of my little guy growing up so they don't miss out
-Jenny P, "That is awesome!"
-Debbie K, "I am thankful to have a daughter that knows how to use technology!"
-Jen N, "I am thankful to have a daughter that knows how to use technology!"
-Jenny P, "That is awesome!"
-Debbie K, "I am thankful to have a daughter that knows how to use technology!"
-Jen N, "I am thankful to have a daughter that knows how to use technology!"
(Tracy's Post) November 10, 2012: Emma & Eric are gone, Asher is sleeping...clean the floors or join Asher for a couch snuggle/nap? Easy decision. Thankful today for the simple moments in life.
-Vicki M, "I hope you decided on the snuggle"
-Tracy M, "Of course!"-Vicki M, "Oh good choice Tracy"
-Susan S, "atta girl!!"
(Tracy's Post) November 11, 2012: although there are some terrible things on the internet, it is pretty cool that I can find pretty much anything I want. I just introduced Asher to the 1979 Disney song "Macho Duck" from Mickey Mouse Disco. Ah to be a child of the 80s
-Debbie K, "Got to be a "Macho Duck"!"
-Debbie K, "We still have the "Mickey Mouse Disco" Soundtape if you would like Asher to have the total experience!"
-Tracy M, "I may have to take you up on that. Apparently Eric has never had the experience either. ...unfortunately I have been singing the song in my head ever since."
(Eric's Post) November 11, 2012: My two most favorite people snuggling in bed with me for family movie night. What a great end to a relaxing Saturday.
-Christina O, "Wow...Asher is totally looking like Tracy in this picture"
-Gina H, "He really does look like you in this pic, and you both look great."
(Eric's Post) November 13, 2012: If Asher were a Jedi...
-John P, "Hiding from me my light saber you are. Think you not find it I can?"-Aaron C, "hmmmm, a cutie he is."
-Andy M, "Episode 7 perhaps"
-Vicki M, "Getting your mileage out of dad's comment. HaHa"
(Tracy's Post) November 13, 2012: October 20-26, 2012: Enjoying Life's Simple Moments (Baby Life Week 17)
(Tracy's Post) November 14, 2012:
-Tracy M, "Thanks, but I can't really take credit for it, it was a cheater sheet I had"
(Tracy's Post) November 15, 2012: Hey Grandmas (Debbie Klingenmaier and Vicki Migrin): Either of you want to dive to Kenosha & babysit Asher on Tuesday? ...again wishing we lived closer...
-Vicki M, "Can't make it on Tuesday but I'm available Thursday-Sunday"
-David D, "Can't wait to see a grandma 'dive'!"
-Tracy M, "Opps *drive*"
-Vicki M, "Darn auto-correct"
(Tracy's Post) November 17, 2012:
-Richenda P, "ADORABLE"
-Kim C, "beautiful eyes."
(Tracy's Post) November 17, 2012: Baby Life -Asher & I
-Gina H, "He looks so much like you. I love seeing pictures of your family!"
-Tracy M, "It's funny, b/c everyone said he looks just like Eric, but now that he is getting older, we are getting some comments that he looks like me. I guess he's just a good mix! ...hopefully our boys can meet someday soon! "
-Sarah D, "My favorite...I can tell you're both in LOVE"
-Samantha B, "Love this!"
(Tracy's Post) November 17, 2012: A perfectly lazy Saturday...PJs, warm snuggles, & Michigan Football. Go Blue!"
-Vicki M, "I hope you don't yell when there is a good play. Asher needs his sleep. HaHa"
-Wake up Asher! We are winning!!"
(Eric's Post) November 17, 2012: Asher can now officially roll from front to back AND back to front. He mastered back to front tonight and now he's trying to scoot across the floor to get a toy. Looks like I might have to install that baby gate sooner than I thought.
-Debbie K, "What a guy!"
-Vicki M, "Do I need a baby gate for Turkey day?"
-Britni L, "When did he roll from front to back?"
-Eric M, "Britni, he rolled front to back a few weeks ago. He doesn't do it very often because he likes being on his belly (helps get the farts out ;))-Britni L, "Typical guy"
-Grace T, "he's trying to keep up w/ big 'sister' emma!
(Eric's Post) November 20, 2012: I am thankful for my amazing wife who also happens to be my best friend and a wonderful mother for our amazing little boy.
-Vicki M, ""Asher-time" has a nice ring to it."
(Tracy's Post) November 20, 2012: I am thankful for Heidi B who was willing to help us out today & watch our little guy. Thank you Heidi!
-Heidi B, "No prob! it was nice to have some extra hands for part of the day thanx to Alex"
-Tracy M, "Then I am thankful for Alexandra D too!"
-Debbie K, "I'm assuming all went well?"
-Tracy M, "From what I heard, I think so...although he still didn't eat very well & was VERY hungry last night."
(Julie S.'s Post) November 20, 2012: See you in two days!!! Can't wait for Asher time!!!
(Tracy's Post) November 22, 2012: Watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with my little man for the first (of many) time
(Tracy's Post) November 22, 2012: ♥ these boys!!
(Tracy's Post) November 23, 2012: Enjoying a lazy morning, snuggling with my little guy & watching Punkin Chunkin with the fam
(Tracy's Post) November 23, 2012: Although I am bummed that Blogger decided to delete my entire (ongoing) Be Thankful blog entry, I am thankful (yesterday) for the incredible family that I married into & (today) for free movie passes, popcorn, Grandma & Grandpa baby-sitters, and a baby-free night out with Eric Migrin.
-Vicki M, "Thankful for my snuggle time with Asher"
(Eric's Post) November 23, 2012: Uncle Rob getting his first diaper lesson from Grandma.
(Tracy's Post) November 24, 2012: Grandpa Migrin & Asher
(Tracy's Post) November 24, 2012: I am thankful for laughter (at the moment Asher's specifically), which warms my heart
(Tracy's Post) November 26, 2012: Seriously missing Asher today after a great long weekend with him. My heart aches.
(Tracy's Post) November 26, 2012: Thankful for safe travel & a good little traveler (yesterday) & thankful for God's Word (today)
(Eric's Post) November 29, 2012: Asher practicing his new trick...sitting on his own!
-Jen N, "he is just too cute!"
-Richenda P, "Asher is officially THE most easy-going baby -- giggling through falls and face-plants!"
-Tracy M, "He really is...we are very lucky. It isn't too hard to keep him happy."
-Julie S, "Way to go, Asher!"(Tracy's Post) November 30, 2012: I started out this month by expressing my thankfulness for a certain 4 month old...I will end it by saying that I am incredibly blessed & thankful for a certain 5 month old...Happy 5 month birthday Asher!
-Deb T, "awww... The real fun is just beginning, Tracy! Don't blink, you'll be chasing him around the house in no time"
(Tracy's Post) December 1, 2012: Worst diaper to date...almost threw up...now I am a little afraid of what may follow in the coming years
-Faye P, "I hear you! Start the toilet training process ASAP!"
-Kelly S, "I love that you actually SHARED that! It's so nice when new parents hear about both the good and the bad so they know its okay to not like every single moment (based on what dear friends have gone through, of course)"
-Debbie K, "Sorry I missed it!"
-Tracy M, "Mom, I'll give Asher a pep talk to give you the same honor next weekend!"
-Cindy S, "If you would like, Mickelson could explain to Asher how easy toilet training is!!!)"
-Debbie K, "That would be nice! I'll check his calendar to see if we can schedule a time. Since he has been on his book tour he doesn't have much time. Let you know ......."
-Tracy M, "You grandmas are too funny"
(Tracy's Post) December 2, 2012: Since we'll need to upgrade Asher to a convertible carseat in the near future (2" to go), I am wondering if any of you parents out there have any car seats that you love or hate...any advice/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Kristin P, "I like the ones with the buckles"
-Jaime K, "It makes me smile to see you talk about car seats. God is so good!"
(Fabien L.'s Post) December 2, 2012: New IBC babies
-Tracy M, "Looks like AJ & Asher are high fiving...maybe plotting against us"
-Vicki M, "I think AJ likes Asher"
Alexandra D, "I vote for a re-take too, I do not like this pic of me. The kids are adorable though"
-Heidi B, "Im good with a re-take! We should all know ahead of time so we can take a little longer to get ready that day"
-Tracy M, "Fine with me, but I think you should all just get giant babies like I have & then no one will even be able to see you!"
-David D, "Church growth the natural way!"
(Tracy's Post) December 2, 2012: Snuggling on the couch (yes I snuggle Asher A Lot!) & looking at the half lit Christmas tree...maybe if I stare at it long enough the lights will finish hanging themselves?
-Cindy S, "Apparently I have to go get a tree before I can wonder if the lights will hang themselves!!!"
(Tracy's Post) December 3, 2012: Don't get me wrong, I love watching Asher grow up, but I do kind of miss the days of less movement & shorter arms...back before the glasses yanking, hair pulling, face smacking, skin scratching & cheek pinching
-Erika K, "Pretty soon he'll be making you catch him before you can change his diaper! This is only the beginning, but it's totally worth it! "
-Jenny P, "Keep taking those vitamins, Tracy!! Maybe one day he'll grow up and play FB for Michigan! "
-Megan P, "it's funny because as soon as they get out of one phase...they are into another"
-Tracy M, "Jenny Pavao-That will be the only way we could afford to send him there...although I'd prefer basketball than FB, so there is less of a chance from him to get hurt...Unfortunately for him, neither of our families have much athletic ability."
-Vicki M, "You will LOVE when he perfects the arm movements and gives you a little boy hug! Best feeling ever "
(Eric's Post) December 3, 2012: ...The children were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads.
-Kendall S, "Awwwww thats Tooo cute"
-Vicki M, "Sweet baby ASHER"
(Tracy's Post) December 7, 2012: I got my supplies, my helpers & my kitchen is cleaned & reorganized for the day...time to start the Christmas baking!!
-Valerie H, "fun stuff!!"
-Christina O, "Looks like an excellent time! Enjoy every bit of these Christmas memories!! xo"
-Britni L, "He's so cute in his little Christmas sleeper :)"
(Tracy's Post) December 8, 2012: December 7, 2012: Last night we took Asher, Caleb & Micah to see Santa. When Santa realized that the whole family was there, he insisted on a group picture. We got everyone together as quickly as possible to grant Santa his wish and not tick off everyone else in line, thinking that it would probably be a bad picture...it turned out to be one of the best family photos we have every had taken (we tend not to be the most photogenic group...at least not all at the same time).
-Lynn S, "Great pic. It looks like there could be two Santas there. Put the right hat on grandpa Bill and he could have a second job! Lol. Happy holidays"
-Carol Q, "Love, love, love this! What a great picture and what a great Santa!"
(Eric's Post) December 9, 2012: Since Asher mastered rice cereal last week I decided to try pears yesterday. I'm not sure he is convinced.
-Jen N, "hahahaha...that was awesome!!! I love all the funny faces and reactions that have at that age!"
-Britni L, "Haha that's so cute! Can't believe he's not sold on the pears. If he thinks thats bad, wait til he tries the green beans (blech)!"
(Tracy's Post) December 11, 2012: Today Asher got an Amazon gift in the mail with no message included. To the anonymous person that sent it: Thanks.
-Faye P, Is Santa mailing his gifts now?"
(Tracy's Post) December 11, 2012: Our final result of the baking extravaganza.
(Tracy's Post) December 12, 2012: I think I've gotten to the point of my post pregnancy where I am losing hair like crazy...if it keeps up I will be bald soon
(Eric's Post) December 15, 2012: I love this guy!
-Jenny P, "It's easy to see why, Eric...what a cutie! :)"
-Vicky M, "There's that tongue again. HaHa"
(Tracy's Post) December 15, 2012: Last night I sat in the dark for a while, rocking my baby boy with tears running down my face as I thought about how incredibly thankful I am for that opportunity and prayed for those longing to do the same, but cannot. During a season that often tends to be all about wanting, I encourage you to remember to be thankful for what you already have and the things that actually matter in life.
-Becky B, "I sat and cried for a long time too...as a teacher and a mother, it is terrifying and heartbreaking to watch yesterday's events."
(Tracy's Post) December 19, 2012: Asher's Mugshot: BAD hair day!
(Tracy's Post) December 19, 2012: Asher's Mugshot: This picture makes me laugh. This is what a rough baby morning looks like.
(Tracy's Post) December 20, 2012: I know there is such thing as Pregnancy Brain, but I'm wondering if there is such thing as Post-Pregnancy Brain...If so, I think I have it.
-Deb T, "Yes! during the first year is the worst, and then it gets a little better, but your brain will never return to pre-child...sorry we've lost it forever!!"
-Beth S, "Yes, now we just call it Mom brain"
-Elizabeth B, "Yup, even after two kids (and 5 years later), Randy still has to keep tabs on where I put my keys, cell, purse, etc. I would be late all the time without him reminding me. One of my friends says you loose 1/3 of your brain function per child, and since she has 3 kids, she's lost it all!"
-Susan S, "hahahahahahaha. welcome to our world "
-Tracy M, Well then I still have at least half a brain. For Susan though, that's a bummer! . Lol"
-Susan S, "yes, it's true; i have 'brain deficit' i'm just surprised it took you this long to figure out it was 'normal,' Tracy! and you guys wonder why i'm off the deep end most of the time!?! in all honesty, i couldn't imagine my life without these kiddos under my feet. loving this immensely crazy season of our lives."
(Eric's Post) December 25, 2012: Asher is pretty excited about his first Christmas.
(Eric's Post) December 26, 2012: Baby Santa
-Tracy M, "Or Santa Baby? "
-Michele S, "He is so darn adorable!"
-Gretchen F, "What a sweet little guy!!!"
-Judy S, "Soooooo Cute:)"
-Vicki M, "I could just kiss those little checks!"
-Vicki M, "CHEEKS-darn auto correct "
-Stacey D, "He's so cute"
-Doree H, "Too cute!!!"
(Tracy's Post) December 27, 2012: Missing my boys today, but happy to hear that Asher finally decided that taking a bottle from Daddy wouldn't be the end of the world.
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: Happy 6 Month Birthday to the most amazing little guy! Mommy & Daddy love you Asher!!
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: Baby Life 6 Months
-Vicki M, "Such a big boy"
-Richenda P, "My favorite! Like Susan said -- it is fun to see them becoming little people! I remember taking the pics on the chair... and then K decided to start doing back dives off of it!"
-Tracy M, "I love this one too. It is becoming more & more difficult to take these pics, but also more fun!"
-Vicki M, "I knew he would do that one of these days!!!!"
-Deb T, "Love this!! Wow...that seems like it went so fast! 6 more and he'll be 1yr!!"-Tracy M, "Yeah, don't remind me...it is going by TOO fast!!"
(Tracy's Post) December 30, 2012: A few of the IBC kiddos.
-Laura S, "sportin' the Stormy Kromer..."
-Tracy M, "& looking good while doing so! ;)"
(Tracy's Post) December 31, 2012: Asher meets Eliza
(Tracy's Post) January 1, 2013: Does life get any better than this?
-Erika K, "Nope! Enjoy those moments!! Before you know it, he'll be 19 months or 3 and kicking you in the gut while you try to snuggle him!"
(Tracy's Post) January 1, 2013: Laying in bed snuggling my sleepy baby...a perfect way to ring in the new year! :)
(Tracy's Post) January 2, 2013: I am not complaining, but whoever said that it gets easier as your baby gets older is a big fat liar! It doesn't get easier, just different
-Megan P, "LOL...I know for sure I didn't say that!"
-Richenda P, "Me, too!"
-Richenda P, "I mean, me either! I teach high school, so I know it only gets worse"
-Christina D, "You are sooo right!!"
-Tracy M, "Asher has really figured out how to get around now & he is getting into EVERYTHING!"
-Debbie K, "You are a lucky Mama!"
-Tracy M, "he is becoming TROUBLE...every time I turn around he is no where near where I left him. today I found him with an ornament in his mouth that he pulled off the tree, chewing on a christmas present, under a blanket, chewing on one of Emma's toys, and under my office chair...I think I need to baby proof QUICK"
-Susan S, "so sorry that your babymoon is slowly fading!! and for the record, i was NOT the one to say it! there are DEFINTELY joys that come with them becoming older!!!! trust me! praying he is not a tooth-knocker-outter-monkey-climber like my little princess"
-Susan S, "i can bring K over if you need great babyproofing ideas for a few months ahead"
-Debbie K, "He's practicing his new tricks for Grandpa and Grandma Migrin:)"
-Deb T, "prepare for your stomach to constantly be up in your throat!! for a time Evelyn was bloody every day...the summer she was 9-12 months was the worst! But it's so fun and worth it! Each stage has its moments of terror and joy!"
-Ruth H, "Yup!"
(Tracy's Post) January 9, 2013: Feeling so blessed to be back home after Asher's 6 month appointment with my healthy baby boy. :)
-Tracy M, "Apparently 6 month check-ups are exhausting...Asher has been sleeping most of the day!"
-Debbie K, "How BIG is Asher?"
-Tracy M, "Asher is SO big!"
-Tracy M, "19lbs12oz, 28.5" to be exact"
-Tracy M, "90+% still"
(Tracy's Post) January 10, 2013: Question for parents in cold climates: does anyone know of a sleeper sack with long sleeves that is for 9months+? It seems like they don't exist. Asher has a bunch that are 0-9 months, but he is already too tall for them. If they don't exist, what do you do to keep the babies warm, since you can't give them blankets?...double up the pjs?
(Tracy's Post) January 12, 2013: Tell Papa & Uncle Aaron that I've got my lucky pack gear on again today to root for their team! Love, Asher
-Valeria H, "he is getting SO BIG!!! & he's so cute!"
-Gretchen F, "How cute is that!!!! Such a cute little guy!"
-Rachel K, "What a little sweetie!! Go Pack!"
-Jenny P, "Awwwwwwwwww all he needs is a chicken wing! Go Pack GO!"
-Elizabeth B, "He is looking like Daddy!"
(Tracy's Post) January 14, 2013: It's Monday, I stayed up way to late last night & it is 8 degrees outside right now...it would be the perfect morning to stay in bed snuggling my little man...if only
(Tracy's Post) January 15, 2013: Working has been tougher than usual this week, and I just heard this song (Slip on By) for the first time. Now (with tears in my eyes), I wish I could just up and leave my job for the next 5 years.
(Tracy's Post) January 17, 2013: Friends FurEver (January 17, 2013: Today Asher & Emma really played together for the first time, and although Emma won the game of tug, they both ended up with a prize...a new friend!)
(Eric's Post) January 17, 2013: Asher vs. Emma. I think (hope) this could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
-Vicki M, "Why are you laughing Eric"
-Eric M, "I'm laughing because Emma pulled Asher over. (No babies or puppies were injured in the making of this video)"
-Vicki M, "You're very funny buddy"
-Bonnie L, "awww,so cute!!!'
-Jen N, "That is great!!"
-Judy S, "That's great...more fun ahead for the two of them:)"
-Beth S, "Cute. I had to watch it twice."
-Britni L, "Hehehe... Love it!"
(Erika K.'s Post) January 20, 2013: looking forward to some time with the family celebrating Asher's dedication to the Lord!
(Tracy's Post) January 22, 2013: REALLY looking forward to a day off in my warm home with my snuggly little boy tomorrow!
(Tracy's Post) January 22, 2013: Although it isn't real graceful yet, I think we can officially say we have a crawler!
-Erika K, "Yeah Asher! Our next family gathering is going to be CRAZY!!"
(Tracy's Post) January 22, 2013: On the Move
(Tracy's Post) January 22, 2013: On the Move
(Tracy's Post) January 23, 2013: 01.12.13 Baby Life Swimming -Eric & Asher
-Kattie C, "You and Asher have the same facial expression!"
-Eric M, "We were both peeing."
-Kattie C, "Lol, no peeing in the pool Eric! He's a beautiful little guy!"
(Eric's Post) January 24, 2013: I was just playing with Asher and he ripped one and then laughed at it. Guess he takes after his mom. ;)
-Jenny P, "LOL way to throw Traci under the bus....she'll be thrilled. So glad your baby isn't at all "uptight!""
-Tracy M, "Eric was so excited to share this with me. Then, before I had even read what he put on FB, I said "you're probably going to say he is just like his mom" or something like that...I didn't know that he actually did blame it on me. Do I know my husband or what.."
-Jenny P, "You do...and it will make it easier to ambush him later!"
-Tracy M, "ha ha...I like the way you think!"
-Eric M, "Ok, for the record Asher does not take after his mom in the gas department. He gets that from me. But Tracy does appreciate a good fart joke."
-Jenny P, "Hahaha lol....Believe me, Traci...if my husband were to post that, he would have no option but to live in fear of the payback that would eventually come his way! I'm a firm believer in revenge unless PD sees this and then I'll deny ever posting it!"
-Jenny P, "Because lying is better than being vengeful."
-John P, "Finally, SOMEONE who appreciates a good fart joke!"
-Karen P, "funny- I am taking Tracy's side here- as I have been with our youth group boys too much!"
(Tracy's Post) January 27, 2013: All eyes on Daddy...just in case there was any doubt how entertaining kids find him! :) Love my family!
-Deb T, "looks like the dog thinks he's pretty cool too!"
-Ellen H, "This so stinking cute"
-Grace T, "we're so blessed to have such great men in our lives, aren't we?"
-Judy S, "Great picture and so true:)"
-Vicki M, "ERIC was entertaining when he was a kid!!!!!"
(Tracy's Post) January 30, 2013: Probably the best illustration of my little guy at 7 months old...on the move.
-Joei M, "Haha. That is awesome!"
-Joei M, "Haha. That is awesome!"
(Tracy's Post) January 30, 2013: January 2013 Highlights: The month of January was filled with both fun events and the wonderful moments of every day life. We enjoyed a lazy New Year’s Day at home, a late Christmas celebration with Eric’s parents, Asher’s Aqua Squirts swimming lessons, Asher’s first “crawl” (army style), big-boy car seat shopping, Asher’s baby dedication, finding Asher’s first two teeth, the first accumulating snowfall of 2013, and our little boy turning 7 months old! It was a great month and a great way to start out the year!
(Tracy's Post) February 1, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) February 3, 2013: The Migrin Boys
(Eric's Post) February 5, 2013: Our little guy got his first two teeth last week. I finally was able to get a picture of them today.
-Faye P, "Very cute!"
-Faye P, "Very cute!"
-Judy S, "Sooo cute....lookin' good, can't wait to see him again :)"
(Tracy's Post) February 6, 2013: I just put Asher's new little baby toothbrush in the toothbrush holder & it made me smile to see 3 toothbrushes in it rather than 2...I love being a family!
-Becky B, "I love this post!"
(Eric's Post) February 8, 2013: Sleeping like a baby
-Christopher S, "Keely sleeps like that too...It is so adorable!"
-Brittany S, "I love when they sleep like that!"
-Vicki M, "I. LOVE. THAT. BABY!!!!!!
(Tracy's Post) February 9, 2013: Eric just placed 10th in Mario kart...I guess being a daddy makes you automatically stink at video games?
-Vicki M, "I'm sure he didn't drive backwards like his mother used to do"
(Tracy's Post) February 10, 2013: Having an "Orange You Glad I'm Napping Party"...just me, some cheese popcorn, an orange pop and my computer...enjoying a little time to myself while the little man takes a nap...you can tell I am a mom (& probably lacking some sleep), since I think that that corniness is funny! :)
(Tracy's Post) February 11, 2013: Exhausted. Someone want to come over tonight & teach Asher how to sleep through the night again?
-Rose B, "Sorry kid I can't help you. Think of it this way. This is good training for when he becomes a teenager"
-David D, "Maybe one of the men who sleeps through my sermons could teach him a thing or two!"
(Eric's Post) February 12, 2013: First car ride in his "big boy" car seat. He likes the view out the back window.
-Jenny P, "Oh.......what a happy little guy! Please lay off the vitamins, though. He's growing much too quickly!"
-Jenny P, "Oh.......what a happy little guy! Please lay off the vitamins, though. He's growing much too quickly!"
(Tracy's Post) February 13, 2013:
-Rachel K, "I can't believe how big he's getting already!! Miss you guys!"
(Eric's Post) February 14, 2013: IBC Youth Group 2030!
-Kathy G, "Too cute."
-Rachel K, "I can't believe how big he's getting already!! Miss you guys!"
-Sherry C, "What a precious picture Tracy!"
-Shelly N, "Oh my, I can't believe how big he is getting!"
(Eric's Post) February 14, 2013: IBC Youth Group 2030!
-Kathy G, "Too cute."
-Kristen P, "So adorable!! :)"
-Sue R, "She already has the boys around her."
(Tracy's Post) February 14, 2013: Today I am choosing to believe that rather than Asher simply thinking that we don't need sleep when he wakes us up well before the alarm is set to go off, he instead loves us so much that he wants to help us to prepare for the time change that is less than a month away. By the time March 10th comes, we won't even notice the fact that it feels like an hour earlier.
-Susan S, "atta girl!!! from another mother who hasn't used an alarm for the last 7 years!!!!"
-Jenny P, "I love your "Spin" Tracy Migrin!!"
(Tracy's Post) February 16, 2013: Swim Diapers: $10
Baby Swim Classes: $70
Nap Time Afterwards: Priceless
-Vicki M, "Water play is the BEST sleep-inducer ever!!!!!!!!"
(Eric's Post) February 16, 2013:
-Vicki M, "You are my SUPER HEROS! Love you two :))))"-Richenda P, "HA! I like it!"
(Eric's Post) February 20, 2013: Being a baby is exhausting.
-Jen N, "Ha, I felt the same way after my dinner! Zzzzzzz"
-Jen N, "Ha, I felt the same way after my dinner! Zzzzzzz"
-Tracy M, "So is being a mommy!"
(Tracy's Post) February 23, 2013: I just found this picture from swimming class last weekend. The combination of Asher's hand and the goofy expression on his face deserve a good caption...
-Jen N, "Later dude, I'm goin' in!"
-Jen N, "Later dude, I'm goin' in!"
-Tracy M, "I was thinking, "How You Doin'?""
-Jen N, "Haha, yes...spoke just like joey!!!"
-Jen N, "Haha, yes...spoke just like joey!!!"
-Jenny P, "He reminds me of the E-trade baby in this pic.... "Hey, with E-trade retire early-really early, and stay cool in the pool!" I know, I know...I promise to hide my head in shame after I click....ENTER!"
-Rose B, "Peace bro!
-Rose B, "Poor kid. Lol"
-Michele S, ""I can't put my arms down!"--Randy"
-Bonnie R, "Now that is one cute picture!!!!!"
-Laura S, "Agree! Timmy and I were just out snowshoeing. Have a great day!"
-Christina O, "Haha! Cute...Emma the sled dog"
-Tracy M, "I did think it would be a lot less work if I let Emma pull Asher, but I could use the exercise!"
-Christina O, "Haha! I also seem to have trouble believing Emma could do it "
-Tracy M, "Well now, I might have to take that as a challenge just to see..."
-Tracy M, "...although he does weigh about 6 pounds more than she does!"
-Jenny P, "Now that is an impressive sled dog!"
-Amy F, "Mush! :) sweet kiddos"
-Rachel K, "What a little sweetie!! ;)"
-Amy F, "Looks like a little snowman! SOOO stinking cute!"
-Debra W, "Love it!"
-Debbie K, "Looks like he lines being outside. Miss him!"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: After such a great day with my little man yesterday, I am counting down the seconds until I can go pick him up from daycare...
-Christina D, "I understand how you feel and I am so blessed that I am able to go pick them up from school early today because I miss them sooooo much!!"
(Eric's Post) February 28, 2013: Our little Asher is 8 months old today. These have been the most amazing 8 months of my life so far.
-Joshua H, "he is growing so fast."
-Erika K, "Don't blink! These days go by SO fast!"
-Stephanie H, "he looks just like you :) cute!!"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: Baby life 8 Months
-Vicki M, "Drool is Cool"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: Baby life 8 Months
-Vicki M, "Remember when he fit on the calendar? Such a big boy now!"
(Erika K.'s Post) March 6, 2013: Thanks for making the trip down this afternoon! It was great to see you and Asher and to catch up. I'm thankful the boys napped so we could actually have a conversation, though it would have been fun to see the kids playing together. :) Hope you made it home safe and had a good evening with your boys.
-Tracy M, "Thanks for having us. The drive was uneventful and Asher slept the whole way! Can't wait to see you guys again in a couple of weeks!"
(Tracy's Post) March 7, 2013: Although I've been eating this my entire life (still do), having a baby definitely makes me think twice about what I put into him. May have to look into another option..maybe the organic version(?) as Sarah Smith suggested?? (http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/the-war-against-macaroni-and-cheese--petition-asks-kraft-to-remove-artificial-dyes-184536039.html)
(Tracy's Post) March 7, 2013:
-Judy S, "Adorable"
(Eric's Post) March 9, 2013: Asher has perfected crawling and sitting up on his own this week. Time to get more baby gates up.
-Rob M, "You better watch out! He looks fast"
-Rachel K, "You better watch out! He looks fast"
-Vicki M, "Go Asher Go!!!!!"
-Judy S, "Way to go, Asher...there's so much to see and do, now:)"
(Tracy's Post) March 10, 2013: "Do forts got carpet?"
-Erika K, "Nope. Forts don't got carpet!"
-Jenny P, "Haha looks like the perfect fort to me! :)"
(Tracy's Post) March 13, 2013: It is only by the grace of God that Asher hasn't gotten seriously hurt yet in life. The boy gets into everything!! I am doing my best to baby proof and watch him, but thank you Lord for protecting my boy!
-Jamie P, "Playpens work wonders"
-Shannon M, " I was just saying the same thing. emily is a climber. no fear and Caitlin is crawling and pulling up on everything. is a full time job just keeping them safe:)"
-Debbie T, "That boo boo bunny you sent me for Evelyn way back when she was a baby has done wonders! Trust the Lord will protect them from the major accidents and then have the ice and bandaids ready for the little bumps and scrapes. As soon as E. gets hurts she cries for her boo boo bunny..it fixes everything!"
-Tracy M, "That is great Deb. I forgot that I got that for you, but I do think they are very cute and so quite a few of my friends have received them. I do have one though that I was just thinking the other day I should start keeping the cubes in the freezer. I guess it is time. Shannon, I completely agree. I had no idea how hard it would be just to keep Asher from finding someway to injure himself.Jamie...Eric & I have been talking about that. I am pretty sure that Asher is going to throw a fit if I try to make him play in his PackNPlay, but maybe it is worth a shot just to keep him contained to an area."
-Faye P, "My son was in so many accidents as a baby that I believed I had paid for a complete ward at the hospital. God was with him and he has lived and grown to be a wonderful young man. You do what you can do and the rest is in God's hands"
-Rhonda H, "I once woke up at 3 am to Joshy carrying a steak knife and Priscilla's heart medication (the one that slows the heart to the point of stopping). He said to me "don't worry mom, I'll get it open!" Yeah fun times!"
-Tracy M, "Rhonda-Yikes!"
-Rhonda H, "Yeah...he was about 3 years old...we installed child safety locks soon thereafter!"
(Tracy's Post) March 21, 2013: "Go Blue!!"
-Brian T, "Looks like he ran into a Badger! Pretty darn cute! "
-Tracy M, "Yeah, but you should see the other guy!"
(Tracy's Post) March 22, 2013: I found out this morning that Asher's daycare person is planning to color eggs with him and the other kids next week. I wasn't planning to do it this year since Asher is too young to remember(& do anything but make a BIG mess), but now that I know his first time doing so will be with someone else, we may have to color some eggs this weekend! ...probably dumb, but I just don't like the idea of him celebrating "firsts" with his pseudo mommy.
-Shannon M, "I would do the same thing!!:)"
-Beth S, "I completely agree!"
-Tracy M, "Glad to know other Momma's feel the same. It is probably silly, but I want to be there for all of his firsts. "
-Shannon M, "not silly at all he is your baby and they grow up so fast a lot of the first's for me are seeing there reaction and facial expressions when they see or do something for the first time:)"
-Rose B, "Been there done that. I know how you feel."
-Laura S, "Agree! Timmy and I were just out snowshoeing. Have a great day!"
-Christina O, "Haha! Cute...Emma the sled dog"
-Tracy M, "I did think it would be a lot less work if I let Emma pull Asher, but I could use the exercise!"
-Christina O, "Haha! I also seem to have trouble believing Emma could do it "
-Tracy M, "Well now, I might have to take that as a challenge just to see..."
-Tracy M, "...although he does weigh about 6 pounds more than she does!"
-Jenny P, "Now that is an impressive sled dog!"
-Amy F, "Mush! :) sweet kiddos"
(Tracy's Post) February 27, 2013:
-Jenny P, "Weeeeeeeeeeee go Asher go!!"-Rachel K, "What a little sweetie!! ;)"
-Amy F, "Looks like a little snowman! SOOO stinking cute!"
-Debra W, "Love it!"
-Debbie K, "Looks like he lines being outside. Miss him!"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: After such a great day with my little man yesterday, I am counting down the seconds until I can go pick him up from daycare...
-Christina D, "I understand how you feel and I am so blessed that I am able to go pick them up from school early today because I miss them sooooo much!!"
(Eric's Post) February 28, 2013: Our little Asher is 8 months old today. These have been the most amazing 8 months of my life so far.
-Joshua H, "he is growing so fast."
-Erika K, "Don't blink! These days go by SO fast!"
-Stephanie H, "he looks just like you :) cute!!"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: Baby life 8 Months
-Vicki M, "Drool is Cool"
(Tracy's Post) February 28, 2013: Baby life 8 Months
-Vicki M, "Remember when he fit on the calendar? Such a big boy now!"
(Erika K.'s Post) March 6, 2013: Thanks for making the trip down this afternoon! It was great to see you and Asher and to catch up. I'm thankful the boys napped so we could actually have a conversation, though it would have been fun to see the kids playing together. :) Hope you made it home safe and had a good evening with your boys.
-Tracy M, "Thanks for having us. The drive was uneventful and Asher slept the whole way! Can't wait to see you guys again in a couple of weeks!"
(Tracy's Post) March 7, 2013: Although I've been eating this my entire life (still do), having a baby definitely makes me think twice about what I put into him. May have to look into another option..maybe the organic version(?) as Sarah Smith suggested?? (http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/the-war-against-macaroni-and-cheese--petition-asks-kraft-to-remove-artificial-dyes-184536039.html)
(Tracy's Post) March 7, 2013:
-Jen N, "Aaahhh...I just wanna squish him!!!"
-Tracy M, "any time...as long as you don't squish him too hard! :)"-Judy S, "Adorable"
(Eric's Post) March 9, 2013: Asher has perfected crawling and sitting up on his own this week. Time to get more baby gates up.
-Rachel K, "You better watch out! He looks fast"
-Vicki M, "Go Asher Go!!!!!"
-Judy S, "Way to go, Asher...there's so much to see and do, now:)"
(Tracy's Post) March 10, 2013: "Do forts got carpet?"
-Erika K, "Nope. Forts don't got carpet!"
-Jenny P, "Haha looks like the perfect fort to me! :)"
(Tracy's Post) March 13, 2013: It is only by the grace of God that Asher hasn't gotten seriously hurt yet in life. The boy gets into everything!! I am doing my best to baby proof and watch him, but thank you Lord for protecting my boy!
-Jamie P, "Playpens work wonders"
-Shannon M, " I was just saying the same thing. emily is a climber. no fear and Caitlin is crawling and pulling up on everything. is a full time job just keeping them safe:)"
-Debbie T, "That boo boo bunny you sent me for Evelyn way back when she was a baby has done wonders! Trust the Lord will protect them from the major accidents and then have the ice and bandaids ready for the little bumps and scrapes. As soon as E. gets hurts she cries for her boo boo bunny..it fixes everything!"
-Tracy M, "That is great Deb. I forgot that I got that for you, but I do think they are very cute and so quite a few of my friends have received them. I do have one though that I was just thinking the other day I should start keeping the cubes in the freezer. I guess it is time. Shannon, I completely agree. I had no idea how hard it would be just to keep Asher from finding someway to injure himself.Jamie...Eric & I have been talking about that. I am pretty sure that Asher is going to throw a fit if I try to make him play in his PackNPlay, but maybe it is worth a shot just to keep him contained to an area."
-Faye P, "My son was in so many accidents as a baby that I believed I had paid for a complete ward at the hospital. God was with him and he has lived and grown to be a wonderful young man. You do what you can do and the rest is in God's hands"
-Rhonda H, "I once woke up at 3 am to Joshy carrying a steak knife and Priscilla's heart medication (the one that slows the heart to the point of stopping). He said to me "don't worry mom, I'll get it open!" Yeah fun times!"
-Tracy M, "Rhonda-Yikes!"
-Rhonda H, "Yeah...he was about 3 years old...we installed child safety locks soon thereafter!"
(Tracy's Post) March 18, 2013: After watching Daddy's instruction, Asher blew his first intentionally raspberry (or zerbert) on my belly tonight...didn't know he could do that, but it's been a while since I laughed that hard! :)
-Rachel K, "He is getting to be so much fun! I'm so glad we got to visit with you guys yesterday!"
-Jenny P, "I sure hope you had on your yellow, rubber jumpsuit, Tracy!!"
(Tracy's Post) March 21, 2013: "Go Blue!!"
-Brian T, "Looks like he ran into a Badger! Pretty darn cute! "
-Tracy M, "Yeah, but you should see the other guy!"
(Tracy's Post) March 22, 2013: I found out this morning that Asher's daycare person is planning to color eggs with him and the other kids next week. I wasn't planning to do it this year since Asher is too young to remember(& do anything but make a BIG mess), but now that I know his first time doing so will be with someone else, we may have to color some eggs this weekend! ...probably dumb, but I just don't like the idea of him celebrating "firsts" with his pseudo mommy.
-Shannon M, "I would do the same thing!!:)"
-Beth S, "I completely agree!"
-Tracy M, "Glad to know other Momma's feel the same. It is probably silly, but I want to be there for all of his firsts. "
-Shannon M, "not silly at all he is your baby and they grow up so fast a lot of the first's for me are seeing there reaction and facial expressions when they see or do something for the first time:)"
-Rose B, "Been there done that. I know how you feel."
-Gina F, "Good luck :)"
-Rob M, "What could possibly go wrong? (:"
-Katie N, "Buena suerte! In this case, I think the journey is more important than the actual arrival."
-Valeria H, "he looks ready to me!!"
-Beth S, "Keep his shirt as a keepsake after to show how much fun he had. I'm sure it won't still be white."
-Tracy M, "Well, I am actually a bit disappointed, I wanted to at least let him hold an egg in the dye, bit Eric convinced me it wasn't a good idea (as he immediately tried to dump the cup). He was a bit of a wild man tonight, maybe we should have tried it right before nap time. Anyway it ended up with him watching us due eggs while he munched in banana & apples"
-Tracy M, "I should have just put him in the sink with a couple of eggs & some dye"
-Deb T, "Well, at least you still got to do it first with him! and this picture is absolutely adorable! It was worth it."
-Richenda P, "You are so brave -- I am not doing it till K asks!"
-Jason H, "Maize and blue eggs?"
-Ruth H, "Smiles just thinking about it...."
(Tracy's Post) April 1, 2013: You'd think that after 6 months of being a working Mom, I would be used to leaving my boy for the day. Not the case. It really doesn't get any easier. Some days are fine and other days completely stink.
(Tracy's Post) April 3, 2013: Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my Wednesdays off??!!
(Tracy's Post) April 6, 2013: Someone in our family is not interested in sleeping tonight, & it isn't Eric or I
-Kris E, "Soooo cute!!!"
-Judy S, "Love it!!!"
-Shelly N, "He is adorable!!!"
-Judy P, "I thought my Dad used a fork.....lol"
-Rob M, "What could possibly go wrong? (:"
-Katie N, "Buena suerte! In this case, I think the journey is more important than the actual arrival."
-Valeria H, "he looks ready to me!!"
-Beth S, "Keep his shirt as a keepsake after to show how much fun he had. I'm sure it won't still be white."
-Tracy M, "Well, I am actually a bit disappointed, I wanted to at least let him hold an egg in the dye, bit Eric convinced me it wasn't a good idea (as he immediately tried to dump the cup). He was a bit of a wild man tonight, maybe we should have tried it right before nap time. Anyway it ended up with him watching us due eggs while he munched in banana & apples"
-Tracy M, "I should have just put him in the sink with a couple of eggs & some dye"
-Deb T, "Well, at least you still got to do it first with him! and this picture is absolutely adorable! It was worth it."
-Richenda P, "You are so brave -- I am not doing it till K asks!"
-Jason H, "Maize and blue eggs?"
-Ruth H, "Smiles just thinking about it...."
(Tracy's Post) March 24, 2013: Feeling a little stressed & overwhelmed this evening, but there is nothing quite like rocking a sleeping baby to calm the soul
(Tracy's Post) March 25, 2013: Now that Asher can pull himself up to the toy box & stand next to it without holding on, he is experiencing the joys of emptying it all over the living room floor
-Debbie K, "Isn't he cute!?:)"
-Tracy M, "He almost fell in. I might have to post the video."
-Judy S, "Way to go Asher!!"
(Tracy's Post) March 25, 2013: Stuck, stuck, stuck!!!
-Amy F, "Awwww poor baby!
-Fabien L, "So cruel, I love it :)"
(Eric's Post) March 30, 2013: Because of the nice weather today we were able to introduce Asher to a new material, concrete sidewalk. After knocking on it a few times with his fist, he took to it really well. Here is a video of him speed crawling on it. It makes my knees hurt.
-Jen N, "Way to let him just be a boy and get dirty and have fun doing it! So many people seem scared to let their kids do stuff like this for fear of them getting hurt or *gasp* dirty!"
-Vicki M, "WOW THAT'S REALLY FAST!!!!!!!!!"
(Eric's Post) March 30, 2013: What a difference 9 months makes. Happy nine month birthday Asher!
(Tracy's Post) April 1, 2013: You'd think that after 6 months of being a working Mom, I would be used to leaving my boy for the day. Not the case. It really doesn't get any easier. Some days are fine and other days completely stink.
(Eric's Post) April 2, 2013:
(Eric's Post) April 2, 2013:
-Terry K, "Very nice picture of the three of you."
-Stephanie H, "so cute in the vest :) hehe"
(Tracy's Post) April 3, 2013: Have I mentioned how much I LOVE my Wednesdays off??!!
(Tracy's Post) April 6, 2013: Someone in our family is not interested in sleeping tonight, & it isn't Eric or I
-Aaron C, "Cute, but you really should get his third hand removed, before the other kids start teasing him."
-Eric M, "This is Asher's "I'll be back" face. In the next picture he's got a big smile."-Kris E, "Soooo cute!!!"
-Judy S, "Love it!!!"
-Shelly N, "He is adorable!!!"
(Tracy's Post) April 14, 2013: Asher tried his first taco tonight. It was a BIG success!!!
-Jen N, "Yo quiero Taco Bell!"
-Susan S, "no brainer, right? :)"
-Vicki M, "Like father like son!"
-Britni L, "That's adorable!! Theo would love it! :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 17, 2013: Enjoying a little free time, a root beer float and the sound of nothing but the rain on my rooftop as my baby boy enjoys an afternoon snooze. Feeling pretty blessed today! :)
-Tracy M, "..well after that thunder, my free time may not last much longer..."
-Deb T, "haha! hope he sleeps through it!"
(Tracy's Post) April 21, 2013: Home from a fun-filled family weekend...now just wishing that Asher was as interested in a nap as we are
-Tracy M, "8:41 & the entire family is in bed!"
(Tracy's Post) April 22, 2013: Seasoned Parents: when did you give your baby a blanky or stuffed animal to sleep with? Everything I read says min. 12-18 months. Asher has been waking up like crazy these days though (every 3 hours or so) & I'm wondering if a comfort lovie or blanky would help...and if it is a bad idea...also, is it normal for kids to get their teeth out of order?
-Jenny P, "Everybody needs a little, huggable friend! Lia had "doggy" forever...and ever! It will be cheaper than the therapy sessions later in life! "
-Bridgette E, "Everybody needs a little, huggable friend! Lia had "doggy" forever...and ever! It will be cheaper than the therapy sessions later in life! "
-Bridgette E, "Teeth out of order....not normal,but not unusual!"
-Shannon M, "Caitlin sleeps with a blanket and a lovey. She wont take a paci so she rolls the lovey in her hands and its soft so she rubs her face with it. And william got his teeth in weird order and he is fine:)"
-Tracy M, "So your ped. thinks it is ok before 12 months, despite all of the people that worry about the baby suffocating, etc? I am not really worried about that, b/c Asher has no problems getting around, so I don't know how that would happen, but still I am not one to go against the grain. If it helps him sleep through the night though...I am getting desperate. He ALWAYS wants to nurse, but I know it is more of a comfort thing and he isn't actually hungry."
-Tracy M, "glad to know I'm not alone, but it does make for a tough day at work some times afterward. I also feel "bad" (as I am the type of person that always follows the rules or suffers serious guilt) because my ped. says I should be brushing his teeth every night and then giving him only water afterwards until morning. Easier said that done. I can only get him to fall asleep if I nurse him right before bed, and I can only get him to go back to sleep (without a LOT of work) if I nurse him. I tried a bottle with water a couple of times instead of nursing...it only resulted in a lot of screaming and a very tired working mom the next day."
-Tracy M, "I fear I have created a little "monster", and I now need to figure out a way to "fix" the "problem". He was an amazing sleeper from 2-6 months and now he is like a newborn again, only unlike him being a newborn I now have to get up and go to work in the morning."
-Bridgette E, "Tracy you are an awesome mom and babies adapt well to the choices their parents make!! Sometimes there r tough choices like telling yourself to ignore the cry, they r ok and let baby soothe themselves to sleep"
-Sarah D, "The lesson I have learned is that when cutting new teeth, there is no "normal."
-Rose B, "Tracy, don't overthink it. Give him a blankie. If it helps him sleep and you can get some sleep so be it. The pediatricians give you advice and of course you listen but they are not always right. Every kid is different. This is a phase and there will be many phases in his life. Good luck kid."
-Bridgette E, "Everybody needs a little, huggable friend! Lia had "doggy" forever...and ever! It will be cheaper than the therapy sessions later in life! "
-Bridgette E, "Teeth out of order....not normal,but not unusual!"
-Shannon M, "Caitlin sleeps with a blanket and a lovey. She wont take a paci so she rolls the lovey in her hands and its soft so she rubs her face with it. And william got his teeth in weird order and he is fine:)"
-Tracy M, "So your ped. thinks it is ok before 12 months, despite all of the people that worry about the baby suffocating, etc? I am not really worried about that, b/c Asher has no problems getting around, so I don't know how that would happen, but still I am not one to go against the grain. If it helps him sleep through the night though...I am getting desperate. He ALWAYS wants to nurse, but I know it is more of a comfort thing and he isn't actually hungry."
-Tracy M, "glad to know I'm not alone, but it does make for a tough day at work some times afterward. I also feel "bad" (as I am the type of person that always follows the rules or suffers serious guilt) because my ped. says I should be brushing his teeth every night and then giving him only water afterwards until morning. Easier said that done. I can only get him to fall asleep if I nurse him right before bed, and I can only get him to go back to sleep (without a LOT of work) if I nurse him. I tried a bottle with water a couple of times instead of nursing...it only resulted in a lot of screaming and a very tired working mom the next day."
-Tracy M, "I fear I have created a little "monster", and I now need to figure out a way to "fix" the "problem". He was an amazing sleeper from 2-6 months and now he is like a newborn again, only unlike him being a newborn I now have to get up and go to work in the morning."
-Bridgette E, "Tracy you are an awesome mom and babies adapt well to the choices their parents make!! Sometimes there r tough choices like telling yourself to ignore the cry, they r ok and let baby soothe themselves to sleep"
-Sarah D, "The lesson I have learned is that when cutting new teeth, there is no "normal."
-Rose B, "Tracy, don't overthink it. Give him a blankie. If it helps him sleep and you can get some sleep so be it. The pediatricians give you advice and of course you listen but they are not always right. Every kid is different. This is a phase and there will be many phases in his life. Good luck kid."
(Tracy's Post) April 23, 2013: A bit of fun before bed
-Tess R, "Brynn loved this video! She was full of giggles while watching it!"
-Jen N, "Hehe...let us know if Eric's legs are sore tomorrow."
-Sarah D, "adorable!!!"
(Tracy's Post) April 24, 2013: I was just rocking Asher & listening to his noise machine (which makes the sounds of crickets & waves crashing), when I heard what sounded like seagulls. I thought, "when did this thing start making seagull sounds too?"...then I realized it was the squeaking of our old rocking chair!...maybe Asher isn't the only one who should go to sleep now
-Richenda P, "HA!"
-Erika K, "Sounds like mommy is a bit on the tired side too! :)"
-Jenny P, "Who doesn't love the sound of a few seagulls...now a flock, is another matter! :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 27, 2013: Honestly, I wish I was asleep at the moment, but laying in bed & listening to Asher jabber away in his crib is pretty great too!
(Tracy's Post) April 27, 2013: Timber Ridge Lodge -Me & Asher
-Christina O, "such a cute picture!"
-Tracy M, "thanks...looking a bit old & tired these days (me not Asher), but I'm not the most photogenic person in the world, so I'll take it."
-Christina O, "You look gorgeous AND its always wonderful to see your friendly face! Not gonna lie, my heart kind of skips a beat"
(Eric's Post) April 27, 2013: Ashers' first solo trip down a slide
(Tracy's Post) April 28, 2013: Eric just got Asher up from his crib, and when he picked him up he was confused to not feel a diaper under his pjs. Apparently, the little Houdini found a way out of his diaper during the night while staying in his pajamas! (the diaper was all bunched into one leg)!!
-Erika K, "Ha! That's one thing our boys haven't done!"
-Christina R, "Was he wet or dry?"
-Tracy M, "Very wet. As was the crib"
-Christina R, "Fun times!"
-Jenny W, "We had to put Brennan's zip-up pj's on backwards so he wouldn't do the same thing EVERY night!"
-Aaron C, "Either that or Eric finally put on his first diaper...And it was a fail"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013:
-Jenny P, "Happy People!!! So cute..."
-Judy S, "I love it!!"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013: Baby Life -Asher
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013: Baby Life -Asher & Eric
-Rachel K, "What a great way to teach a baby to stand up straight! "
-Eric M, "Warning! Warning Will Robinson."
-Vicki M, "Eric you were always very creative"
(Tracy's Post) April 30, 2013: ewwww....Daddy kisses...yuck!
-Vicki M, "Can't wait to see that face in person Haha"
-Tracy M, "You're welcome to come any time! :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 30, 2013: Baby Life 10 Months -Asher
-Vicki M, "His hair looks so cool!"
(Tracy's Post) May 2, 2013: This commercial gets me EVERY TIME. (Verizon TV Commercial-Mother's Day)
(Tracy's Post) May 8, 2013:
-Vicki M, "Love his sweet little face :)))"
-Tracy M, "Me too"
(Tracy's Post) May 8, 2013: Swinging in our hammock chair, under our blooming Magnolia tree & snuggling with our precious little boy on this beautiful Spring day...probably a moment I will remember forever
-Christina O, "Sounds dreamy and simple and a really good life so happy for you !"
-Tracy M, "It really was...at least until I got motion sick!"
-Elizabeth B, "Backyard hammock $175. Moments to snuggle in it...Priceless!"
(Erika K's Post) May 8, 2013: Thanks for a fun afternoon today. We really enjoyed the time with you guys. Hope Asher got a good nap after we left and that you could get some things done. My boys fell asleep about 30 minutes before we got home, so we're looking at an early bedtime tonight. Have a great rest of your week. Talk to you soon!
(Tracy's Post) May 11, 2013: Many of you probably think you have the World's Best Mom, but I have to let you know that unfortunately, you don't...I do. My mom drove 4 hours this morning to come to Kenosha and visit us, giving Eric and I time for a nap followed by a date night with free (Grandma) babysitting, and tomorrow (on Mother's Day) she will spend her afternoon driving 4 hours all the way back home. Yep, my mom is pretty stinking' awesome!! Thank you for the amazing Mother's Day gift of rest and quality time with my husband Mom. You are the BEST!!!
-Christina O, "That's so sweet!"
-Rachel K, "I'm glad you guys got some rest and a good visit in with your mom! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!"
-Dawn L, "Your mom is the best!"
-Debbie K, "The pain (drive) is well worth the reward. Nothing better than waking up @ your daughter's house on Mother's Day to the sounds of your Grandson making his baby noise and the pitter patter of your GrandDOG waiting for you to get up and play. Bonus-sunshine in Kenosha, doesn't look that way @ home."
-Faye P, "You are right, Tracy! Your Mom is absolutely wonderful and we are so glad she is in our family!"
(Kelly S's Post) May 12, 2013: Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women in my life who are truly changing society, one child at a time! (Although, most of the mothers in my family aren't on Facebook, but some of their children are)
(Tracy's Post) May 12, 2013: My first Mother's Day...Thank you Lord for the opportunity to be Asher's Mommy!...best job in the world!
(Eric's Post) May 13, 2013: Asher learning about static electricity
(Tracy's Post) May 15, 2013: A walk with the kids
(Tracy's Post) May 15, 2013: Enjoying tomatoes?
(Tracy's Post) May 18, 2013: Little man slept through the night, woke up at 6:30, came into bed with us & fell back asleep...now is sleeping next to me in my arm. ...pretty sure there is no better way to start a weekend!
-Erika K, "Amen! Enjoy the rest! :)"
(Tracy's Post) May 18, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) May 19, 2013: Working on the invitation for Asher's 1st Birthday...how is his birthday only 6 weeks away already?!
-Anastasia P, "That's crazy."
(Tracy's Post) May 20, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) May 21, 2013: Tonight we learned that Asher now knows how to flush the toilet!
-Beth S, "You will NEVER pee in private again."
-Tracy M, "I am more concerned with what he may now try to flush down!"
-Debbie K, "Exactly what I thougt. Good Luck!"
-Erika K, "If he's anything like his cousins, he'll start with figuring out how to get the TP off the roll and flush that by the bowlful. We've tried putting the TP on the bar both ways, and they always figured it out. Thankfully, they never tried to flush anything more serious. Have fun!"
-David D, "Amazingly he will forget how to do it when he becomes a teenager!"
-Grace T, "uh oh...."
-Mike K, "Hope he sticks to flushing what he's supposed to"
-Richenda P, "So cute!!! K "courtesy flushes," while he is on... but with CONTINUOUS courtesy. Hello, water bill!"
-Judy S, "So cute!!! K "courtesy flushes," while he is on... but with CONTINUOUS courtesy. Hello, water bill!"
(Tracy's Post) May 24, 2013: Trying to pack with a baby in the house is nearly impossible. I pack, he unpacks
-Christina D, "he is making sure you take him where ever you are going!!!"
-Erika K, "I was thinking the same thing as Christina. You've just got to make sure you pack the most important thing... and Asher is making sure you do!"
-Tracy M, "like I could ever forget him"
-Vicki M, ""Make sure you don't forget me, Mom"
(Eric's Post) May 25, 2013: Nap time in the hammock chair.
-Beth S, "He is so big. You are going to have to stand on a stool some day to look him in the eyes."
-Rob M, "Wish I was there!"
-Christina D, "Not sure if I am more jeleous of the sleeping baby in your arms or the chair"
-Tracy M, "They are both quite nice, I will admit!"
(Tracy's Post) May 29, 2013: Does anyone else's kid have an obsession with shoes & socks? Only seconds after I took Asher's off, I found this. A sock in each hand & a shoe in the mouth...who need's toys?
-Rich B, "The best toys are not really toys at all"
-Julie S, "He is a puppy trapped in a baby's body"
-Rachel K, "What a cute puppy-baby!! hehe. Too sweet!"
-Shannon M, "Caitlin. Does the same thing. Too cute!"
-Sarah D, "Andrew does the same thing too! Must feel good on those toofers :0)"
-Tracy M, "Glad to hear it is normal. I was beginning to worry that he is learning too much from his sister (although he is much more interested in shoes & socks than Emma ever was!)"
-Vicki M, "You should put swifter clothes on his hand and then he could dust the hardwood floors ;-0 Haha"
-Richenda P, "In the car the other day K took off his shoes and socks and put a sock on both hands.., he actually asked for helped getting the second sock "
(Tracy's Post) May 29, 2013: Just had our first casualty at the hands of our almost-11 month old...the Living Room floor lamp is no more...
-Debbie K, "Did it scare him?"
-Ruth H, "Just like a grandma - what's important is the grandchild!! Yes!!"
-Tracy M, "He was fine. It scared mommy more than Asher. I think he was just kind of in shock. I was happy that he didn't move before I was able to pick him up bc there was glass everywhere...I'm bummed now that I have to find a new lamp though"
-Shannon M, "The first of many"
-Richenda P, "Exercising HIS designing opinions already, eh?"
-Tracy M, "Only if his design concept is destruction..."
(Tracy's Post) May 30, 2013: Eric & I are planning a vacation to the Northern Lower Peninsula. Any suggestions of things we should do (Gaylord, Mackinaw, Petoskey, Traverse City areas)? (also anything that a 1 yr. old might enjoy?)
-Beth S, "OUR HOUSE!!!"
-Beth S, "Boyne City is a great family town about 15 minutes from our house. It is right on a lake, has a great playground for Asher and a few of our favorite restaurants."
-Tracy M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
-Rob M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
-Tracy M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
(Eric's Post) May 30, 2013: My little guy is 11 months old today. Only 31 more days until we have a 1 year old!
-Erika K, "Is he walking now, or just standing?"
-Eric M, "Just standing so far. He has tried taking a step a few times but falls down."
-Tracy M, "Typical Klingenmaier fashion..he needs to work on his balance!"
-Debbie K, "Looking good!"
-Vicki M, "he is standing so well now."
-Vicki M, "Happy 11 mo b'day to you Asher :)))) Heart Grandy
-Ruth H, "Delightful!"
(Tracy's Post) June 1, 2013: Going to the kite festival today
-Erika K, "Micah has been up since 5:45, and the first thing he said was, "can we go to Auntie Tracy's and Uncle Eric's now?" Don't worry... I think we've managed to distract him. We won't be leaving for a while. "
-Tracy M, "Happy he is looking forward to seeing us (or kiting)... Doubly happy you didn't show up here at 6:45! "
(Tracy's Post) June 1, 2013: I love that when the little man gets over tired he laughs at everything I do...makes me feel like the world's greatest comedian.
-Erika K, "Enjoy it! When my boys are over-tired they get obnoxious and crabby. Tonight was a prime example of them being over-tired."
-Tracy M, "yeah he was a bit whiney too, but that can be overlooked with all the giggles! ...he did go to bed a bit earlier tonight though."
-Gina H, "That is cute! Man, I wish Truitt laughed when he's tired."
(Tracy's Post) June 2, 2013: After trying to bribe Asher to walk with food, toys & other items for the past few weeks, he finally did it! My iPod did the trick!
-Rachel K, "Oh my goodness, GO ASHER! Can't believe how fast kids grow up! Miss you guys <3"
-Vicki M, "GO Asher GO!!!"
-Erika K, "Yay Asher!! Watch out world, here he comes!"
-Doree H, "amazing how technology works!!!"
-Judy S, "Alright...way to go Asher:)"
(Tracy's Post) June 3, 2013:
-Rachel K, "I know it, me and my mom will have to try to plan a trip to visit you guys soon!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 4, 2013: 05.30.13 Baby Life 11 Months -Asher
-Christina O, "Fun game ma!"
(Tracy's Post) June 4, 2013:
-Deb T, "big time walker now! fun, fun fun!
(Tracy's Post) June 7, 2013: I am rocking Asher before bed & he insists on continually trying to get his finger up my nose!
-Tracy M, "Then he tries to put it in my mouth...not a great combination!"
-Gina H, "Ellyse used to do that to me at that age. Gross, but funny!"
-Beth S, "The joys of Motherhood."
-Jen N, "Ahhh the joys of boys!!!"
(Tracy's Post) April 24, 2013: I was just rocking Asher & listening to his noise machine (which makes the sounds of crickets & waves crashing), when I heard what sounded like seagulls. I thought, "when did this thing start making seagull sounds too?"...then I realized it was the squeaking of our old rocking chair!...maybe Asher isn't the only one who should go to sleep now
-Richenda P, "HA!"
-Erika K, "Sounds like mommy is a bit on the tired side too! :)"
-Jenny P, "Who doesn't love the sound of a few seagulls...now a flock, is another matter! :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 27, 2013: Honestly, I wish I was asleep at the moment, but laying in bed & listening to Asher jabber away in his crib is pretty great too!
(Tracy's Post) April 27, 2013: Timber Ridge Lodge -Me & Asher
-Christina O, "such a cute picture!"
-Tracy M, "thanks...looking a bit old & tired these days (me not Asher), but I'm not the most photogenic person in the world, so I'll take it."
-Christina O, "You look gorgeous AND its always wonderful to see your friendly face! Not gonna lie, my heart kind of skips a beat"
(Eric's Post) April 27, 2013: Ashers' first solo trip down a slide
(Tracy's Post) April 28, 2013: Eric just got Asher up from his crib, and when he picked him up he was confused to not feel a diaper under his pjs. Apparently, the little Houdini found a way out of his diaper during the night while staying in his pajamas! (the diaper was all bunched into one leg)!!
-Erika K, "Ha! That's one thing our boys haven't done!"
-Christina R, "Was he wet or dry?"
-Tracy M, "Very wet. As was the crib"
-Christina R, "Fun times!"
-Jenny W, "We had to put Brennan's zip-up pj's on backwards so he wouldn't do the same thing EVERY night!"
-Aaron C, "Either that or Eric finally put on his first diaper...And it was a fail"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013:
-Jenny P, "Happy People!!! So cute..."
-Judy S, "I love it!!"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013: Baby Life -Asher
-Vicki M, "Go Asher Go"
(Tracy's Post) April 29, 2013: Baby Life -Asher & Eric
-Rachel K, "What a great way to teach a baby to stand up straight! "
-Eric M, "Warning! Warning Will Robinson."
-Vicki M, "Eric you were always very creative"
(Tracy's Post) April 30, 2013: ewwww....Daddy kisses...yuck!
-Vicki M, "Can't wait to see that face in person Haha"
-Tracy M, "You're welcome to come any time! :)"
(Tracy's Post) April 30, 2013: Baby Life 10 Months -Asher
-Vicki M, "His hair looks so cool!"
(Tracy's Post) May 2, 2013: This commercial gets me EVERY TIME. (Verizon TV Commercial-Mother's Day)
(Tracy's Post) May 8, 2013:
-Vicki M, "Love his sweet little face :)))"
-Tracy M, "Me too"
(Tracy's Post) May 8, 2013: Swinging in our hammock chair, under our blooming Magnolia tree & snuggling with our precious little boy on this beautiful Spring day...probably a moment I will remember forever
-Christina O, "Sounds dreamy and simple and a really good life so happy for you !"
-Tracy M, "It really was...at least until I got motion sick!"
-Elizabeth B, "Backyard hammock $175. Moments to snuggle in it...Priceless!"
(Erika K's Post) May 8, 2013: Thanks for a fun afternoon today. We really enjoyed the time with you guys. Hope Asher got a good nap after we left and that you could get some things done. My boys fell asleep about 30 minutes before we got home, so we're looking at an early bedtime tonight. Have a great rest of your week. Talk to you soon!
(Tracy's Post) May 11, 2013: Many of you probably think you have the World's Best Mom, but I have to let you know that unfortunately, you don't...I do. My mom drove 4 hours this morning to come to Kenosha and visit us, giving Eric and I time for a nap followed by a date night with free (Grandma) babysitting, and tomorrow (on Mother's Day) she will spend her afternoon driving 4 hours all the way back home. Yep, my mom is pretty stinking' awesome!! Thank you for the amazing Mother's Day gift of rest and quality time with my husband Mom. You are the BEST!!!
-Christina O, "That's so sweet!"
-Rachel K, "I'm glad you guys got some rest and a good visit in with your mom! I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!!"
-Dawn L, "Your mom is the best!"
-Debbie K, "The pain (drive) is well worth the reward. Nothing better than waking up @ your daughter's house on Mother's Day to the sounds of your Grandson making his baby noise and the pitter patter of your GrandDOG waiting for you to get up and play. Bonus-sunshine in Kenosha, doesn't look that way @ home."
-Faye P, "You are right, Tracy! Your Mom is absolutely wonderful and we are so glad she is in our family!"
(Kelly S's Post) May 12, 2013: Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing women in my life who are truly changing society, one child at a time! (Although, most of the mothers in my family aren't on Facebook, but some of their children are)
(Tracy's Post) May 12, 2013: My first Mother's Day...Thank you Lord for the opportunity to be Asher's Mommy!...best job in the world!
(Eric's Post) May 13, 2013: Asher learning about static electricity
-Judy S, "Too cute :)"
-Vicki M, "Science at work--Love my nerdy family!"
(Tracy's Post) May 15, 2013: A walk with the kids
(Tracy's Post) May 15, 2013: Enjoying tomatoes?
-Judy S, "So cute!!!"
(Tracy's Post) May 18, 2013: Little man slept through the night, woke up at 6:30, came into bed with us & fell back asleep...now is sleeping next to me in my arm. ...pretty sure there is no better way to start a weekend!
-Erika K, "Amen! Enjoy the rest! :)"
(Tracy's Post) May 18, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) May 19, 2013: Working on the invitation for Asher's 1st Birthday...how is his birthday only 6 weeks away already?!
-Anastasia P, "That's crazy."
(Tracy's Post) May 20, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) May 21, 2013: Tonight we learned that Asher now knows how to flush the toilet!
-Beth S, "You will NEVER pee in private again."
-Tracy M, "I am more concerned with what he may now try to flush down!"
-Debbie K, "Exactly what I thougt. Good Luck!"
-Erika K, "If he's anything like his cousins, he'll start with figuring out how to get the TP off the roll and flush that by the bowlful. We've tried putting the TP on the bar both ways, and they always figured it out. Thankfully, they never tried to flush anything more serious. Have fun!"
-David D, "Amazingly he will forget how to do it when he becomes a teenager!"
-Grace T, "uh oh...."
-Mike K, "Hope he sticks to flushing what he's supposed to"
-Richenda P, "So cute!!! K "courtesy flushes," while he is on... but with CONTINUOUS courtesy. Hello, water bill!"
-Judy S, "So cute!!! K "courtesy flushes," while he is on... but with CONTINUOUS courtesy. Hello, water bill!"
(Tracy's Post) May 24, 2013: Trying to pack with a baby in the house is nearly impossible. I pack, he unpacks
-Christina D, "he is making sure you take him where ever you are going!!!"
-Erika K, "I was thinking the same thing as Christina. You've just got to make sure you pack the most important thing... and Asher is making sure you do!"
-Tracy M, "like I could ever forget him"
-Vicki M, ""Make sure you don't forget me, Mom"
(Eric's Post) May 25, 2013: Nap time in the hammock chair.
-Beth S, "He is so big. You are going to have to stand on a stool some day to look him in the eyes."
-Rob M, "Wish I was there!"
-Christina D, "Not sure if I am more jeleous of the sleeping baby in your arms or the chair"
-Tracy M, "They are both quite nice, I will admit!"
(Tracy's Post) May 29, 2013: Does anyone else's kid have an obsession with shoes & socks? Only seconds after I took Asher's off, I found this. A sock in each hand & a shoe in the mouth...who need's toys?
-Rich B, "The best toys are not really toys at all"
-Julie S, "He is a puppy trapped in a baby's body"
-Rachel K, "What a cute puppy-baby!! hehe. Too sweet!"
-Shannon M, "Caitlin. Does the same thing. Too cute!"
-Sarah D, "Andrew does the same thing too! Must feel good on those toofers :0)"
-Tracy M, "Glad to hear it is normal. I was beginning to worry that he is learning too much from his sister (although he is much more interested in shoes & socks than Emma ever was!)"
-Vicki M, "You should put swifter clothes on his hand and then he could dust the hardwood floors ;-0 Haha"
-Richenda P, "In the car the other day K took off his shoes and socks and put a sock on both hands.., he actually asked for helped getting the second sock "
(Tracy's Post) May 29, 2013: Just had our first casualty at the hands of our almost-11 month old...the Living Room floor lamp is no more...
-Debbie K, "Did it scare him?"
-Ruth H, "Just like a grandma - what's important is the grandchild!! Yes!!"
-Tracy M, "He was fine. It scared mommy more than Asher. I think he was just kind of in shock. I was happy that he didn't move before I was able to pick him up bc there was glass everywhere...I'm bummed now that I have to find a new lamp though"
-Shannon M, "The first of many"
-Richenda P, "Exercising HIS designing opinions already, eh?"
-Tracy M, "Only if his design concept is destruction..."
(Tracy's Post) May 30, 2013: Eric & I are planning a vacation to the Northern Lower Peninsula. Any suggestions of things we should do (Gaylord, Mackinaw, Petoskey, Traverse City areas)? (also anything that a 1 yr. old might enjoy?)
-Beth S, "OUR HOUSE!!!"
-Beth S, "Boyne City is a great family town about 15 minutes from our house. It is right on a lake, has a great playground for Asher and a few of our favorite restaurants."
-Tracy M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
-Rob M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
-Tracy M, "definitely! ...although I'm a little afraid Asher might try to eat all of the sand in your new sand box!"
(Eric's Post) May 30, 2013: My little guy is 11 months old today. Only 31 more days until we have a 1 year old!
-Erika K, "Is he walking now, or just standing?"
-Eric M, "Just standing so far. He has tried taking a step a few times but falls down."
-Tracy M, "Typical Klingenmaier fashion..he needs to work on his balance!"
-Debbie K, "Looking good!"
-Vicki M, "he is standing so well now."
-Vicki M, "Happy 11 mo b'day to you Asher :)))) Heart Grandy
-Ruth H, "Delightful!"
(Tracy's Post) June 1, 2013: Going to the kite festival today
-Erika K, "Micah has been up since 5:45, and the first thing he said was, "can we go to Auntie Tracy's and Uncle Eric's now?" Don't worry... I think we've managed to distract him. We won't be leaving for a while. "
-Tracy M, "Happy he is looking forward to seeing us (or kiting)... Doubly happy you didn't show up here at 6:45! "
(Tracy's Post) June 1, 2013: I love that when the little man gets over tired he laughs at everything I do...makes me feel like the world's greatest comedian.
-Erika K, "Enjoy it! When my boys are over-tired they get obnoxious and crabby. Tonight was a prime example of them being over-tired."
-Tracy M, "yeah he was a bit whiney too, but that can be overlooked with all the giggles! ...he did go to bed a bit earlier tonight though."
-Gina H, "That is cute! Man, I wish Truitt laughed when he's tired."
(Tracy's Post) June 2, 2013: After trying to bribe Asher to walk with food, toys & other items for the past few weeks, he finally did it! My iPod did the trick!
-Rachel K, "Oh my goodness, GO ASHER! Can't believe how fast kids grow up! Miss you guys <3"
-Vicki M, "GO Asher GO!!!"
-Erika K, "Yay Asher!! Watch out world, here he comes!"
-Doree H, "amazing how technology works!!!"
-Judy S, "Alright...way to go Asher:)"
(Tracy's Post) June 3, 2013:
-Rachel K, "He's looking so old!! Tell him to stop growing so fast! ;)"
-Tracy M, "I wish I could, but it seems time keeps going quicker instead."-Rachel K, "I know it, me and my mom will have to try to plan a trip to visit you guys soon!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 4, 2013: 05.30.13 Baby Life 11 Months -Asher
-Christina O, "Fun game ma!"
(Tracy's Post) June 4, 2013:
(Tracy's Post) June 7, 2013: I am rocking Asher before bed & he insists on continually trying to get his finger up my nose!
-Tracy M, "Then he tries to put it in my mouth...not a great combination!"
-Gina H, "Ellyse used to do that to me at that age. Gross, but funny!"
-Beth S, "The joys of Motherhood."
-Jen N, "Ahhh the joys of boys!!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 15, 2013: As someone that wishes that all of my plates had food dividers, watching Asher grab a handful of eggs, pears & potatoes and eat it makes me want to gag...maybe he'll end up being like his great-papa Piche instead of his mommy
-Jenny P, "Food dividers? You do have a therapist, right? ;)"
-Tracy M, "lol. doesn't everyone want food dividers? you don't actually allow your food to touch do you?"
-Jenny P, "You, my husband and Julia are the only ones I know.....lol! When I eat ice cream, I dig the chunks out. This horrifies my husband. You?"
-Valerie H, "Evan dips EVERYTHING in ketchup or bbq sauce - fruit, bread, meat, whatever....GROSS!!!"
-David D, "Asher just a casserole type of guy!"-Judy P, "I thought my Dad used a fork.....lol"
(Tracy's Post) June 17, 2013: The Birthday Boy and his kiddos
(Tracy's Post) June 18, 2013: My (not so) baby boy is asleep on my chest...it's been a while since that happened...I forgot how good it feels!! :)
-Jackie A, "Mickelson slept on mine last night!"
-Julie S, "Thanks for the reminder of how precious (and fleeting!) those moments are. After I rocked Emmett to sleep tonight, I held him in the glider a little longer than usual :)"
(Tracy's Post) June 20, 2013: These are my "i love you & I'm sorry I kept you up at night while you feel crappy" flowers from Asher...such a thoughtful little guy we're raising
-David D, "And so independently wealthy at such a young age!"
-Tracy M, "yeah, we thought he was going to daycare every day but apparently he's picked up a few side jobs"
-Jenny P, "And he drives! :)"
(Tracy's Post) June 28, 2013: Hogwarts Class of 2030?
-Julie S, "What a big boy!!"
-Samantha B, "Yes! He'll be playing quiddich in no time.
-Jenny P, ":) Awwwwww what a cutie pie (ashier that is)! :)"
-Kattie C, "Lol!"
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: Someone decided that he should help grandma with the window washing this morning!
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: Party!!!
-Tracy M, "Valerie Helinski: I tried to party VQ (H) style...we'll see how it goes..."
-Valerie H, "can't wait to see!!!!"
-Cindy S, "Have fun!!!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: The party was a success, the rain held out, and now it's time for this girl to go to bed. Thank you to all of our friends who made it out to celebrate with us & make it a memorable day!!
-Tracy M, "& a special thanks to me prep crew (Debbie Klingenmaier) & clean up crew (Vicki Migrin)! We couldn't have done it all without you!"
-Jennifer W, "It was a great party!!!! Thanks for having us."
-Shannon , "It was a great party! I loved your glass idea. So cute. Thanks for inviting us!!"
-Tracy M, "Thank you both for coming. Hopefully we'll get to know you (& your families) both better in the near future!"
(Jill H's Post) June 30, 2013: Jonah and the birthday boy, Asher!
(Erika K's Post) June 30, 2013: Happy 1st birthday, Asher! We love you! :)
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: The Birthday Boy playing with his new busy board made just for him by his Papa.
(Doree H's Post) June 30, 2013: "Happy 1st Birthday Asher, hope you have a fantastic birthday!!!!"
(Rachel K's Post) June 30, 2013: I hope the birthday boy (Asher) had a wonderful 1st birthday!! It was so great to finally see your and Eric Migrin's place! Love you guys!
-Tracy M, "It was a great day. Can't believe it has been a year already though!"
-Rachel K, "He's growing too fast! He is such a sweet little boy though!! But once you guys start missing those baby stages you can always just have another one :)"
(Eric's Post) June 30, 2013: June 30, 2012: 9:31pm. Asher Robert Migrin was born. In just a few minutes, I will be the proud parent of a one year old. I am amazed at how quickly the year has gone. It seems like only yesterday, I was watching him being born and waiting for the doctor to tell us if we had had a boy or a girl. I would have been thrilled either way, but after spending a year with our little guy I can’t imagine it any other way. Tracy and I have been married for almost 11 years now and I can honestly say that this has been the BEST year of my life so far. There have been struggles and learning experiences, amazing memories, lots of laughing, playing and loving. I have enjoyed every moment of the past year, getting to know Asher. He is such an amazing little boy and his intelligence, curiosity and mischievous little mind has made our lives so exciting. Every day for the past 365 days, I have watched in amazement as Asher learns something new. From the simple act of smiling to figuring out how to blow bubbles under water, he never ceases to amaze me. I have so many things that I want to do with him and teach him and show him and I just hope that the years don’t pass by too quickly. I can not believe how much God has blessed our family by bringing this wonderful little guy into our lives. I can not wait to see what God has in store for us and for Asher. I pray that God works in Asher life and does amazing things with him.
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: One year ago (9:31pm) I laid eyes on Asher for the first time and he immediately captured my heart. It has been an absolutely incredible year full of laughs, tears, restless nights, tickle fights, smiles, pouty lips, trials, triumphs, cuddles, firsts and so much more. I am thankful every second of every day for the family God has given me and the "Blessing" that Asher is in our life. Happy Birthday Baby Boy! Mommy Loves You!
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: One of the highlights from Asher's Little Blue Truck birthday party yesterday
(Tracy's Post) June 28, 2013: Hogwarts Class of 2030?
-Julie S, "What a big boy!!"
-Samantha B, "Yes! He'll be playing quiddich in no time.
-Jenny P, ":) Awwwwww what a cutie pie (ashier that is)! :)"
-Kattie C, "Lol!"
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: Someone decided that he should help grandma with the window washing this morning!
-Bridgette E, "Someone decided that he should help grandma with the window washing this morning! "
-Jackie A, "Lol! What a good little helper you have!"
-Judy S, "That's so great...What a good helper!! Keeps the window washer laughin' :)"
-Randy K, "That little dude is seriously adorable."
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: Party!!!
-Tracy M, "Valerie Helinski: I tried to party VQ (H) style...we'll see how it goes..."
-Valerie H, "can't wait to see!!!!"
-Cindy S, "Have fun!!!!"
(Tracy's Post) June 29, 2013: The party was a success, the rain held out, and now it's time for this girl to go to bed. Thank you to all of our friends who made it out to celebrate with us & make it a memorable day!!
-Tracy M, "& a special thanks to me prep crew (Debbie Klingenmaier) & clean up crew (Vicki Migrin)! We couldn't have done it all without you!"
-Jennifer W, "It was a great party!!!! Thanks for having us."
-Shannon , "It was a great party! I loved your glass idea. So cute. Thanks for inviting us!!"
-Tracy M, "Thank you both for coming. Hopefully we'll get to know you (& your families) both better in the near future!"
(Jill H's Post) June 30, 2013: Jonah and the birthday boy, Asher!
(Erika K's Post) June 30, 2013: Happy 1st birthday, Asher! We love you! :)
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: The Birthday Boy playing with his new busy board made just for him by his Papa.
(Rachel K's Post) June 30, 2013: I hope the birthday boy (Asher) had a wonderful 1st birthday!! It was so great to finally see your and Eric Migrin's place! Love you guys!
-Tracy M, "It was a great day. Can't believe it has been a year already though!"
-Rachel K, "He's growing too fast! He is such a sweet little boy though!! But once you guys start missing those baby stages you can always just have another one :)"
(Eric's Post) June 30, 2013: June 30, 2012: 9:31pm. Asher Robert Migrin was born. In just a few minutes, I will be the proud parent of a one year old. I am amazed at how quickly the year has gone. It seems like only yesterday, I was watching him being born and waiting for the doctor to tell us if we had had a boy or a girl. I would have been thrilled either way, but after spending a year with our little guy I can’t imagine it any other way. Tracy and I have been married for almost 11 years now and I can honestly say that this has been the BEST year of my life so far. There have been struggles and learning experiences, amazing memories, lots of laughing, playing and loving. I have enjoyed every moment of the past year, getting to know Asher. He is such an amazing little boy and his intelligence, curiosity and mischievous little mind has made our lives so exciting. Every day for the past 365 days, I have watched in amazement as Asher learns something new. From the simple act of smiling to figuring out how to blow bubbles under water, he never ceases to amaze me. I have so many things that I want to do with him and teach him and show him and I just hope that the years don’t pass by too quickly. I can not believe how much God has blessed our family by bringing this wonderful little guy into our lives. I can not wait to see what God has in store for us and for Asher. I pray that God works in Asher life and does amazing things with him.
-Christina R, "oh my gosh...you both make my eyes well up with tears! So sweet! You two are wonderful parents and I am so very happy for your *blessing*"
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: One year ago (9:31pm) I laid eyes on Asher for the first time and he immediately captured my heart. It has been an absolutely incredible year full of laughs, tears, restless nights, tickle fights, smiles, pouty lips, trials, triumphs, cuddles, firsts and so much more. I am thankful every second of every day for the family God has given me and the "Blessing" that Asher is in our life. Happy Birthday Baby Boy! Mommy Loves You!
(Tracy's Post) June 30, 2013: One of the highlights from Asher's Little Blue Truck birthday party yesterday
-Jen P, "that truck is so cute! can't wait to see you all next weekend! xo"
-Tracy M, "I know. I knew I had to get it for him as soon as I saw it!"
-Britni L, "I love it!!!"
-Tracy M, "Asher & Theo are going to be great (troublesome) buds I think! ;)"
+Blessing+Under+Construction+-Eric,+Emma+&+I.jpg)
+Migrin+Visit+-Eric,+Emma+&+I.jpg)


+Maternity+Photo+Shoot+-Eric+&+I.jpg)








+Maternity+Photo+Shoot+-Eric+&+I.jpg)
+Heidi+Bailie's+Baby+Shower+-Britni,+Heidi,+Alex+&+I_2.jpg)

+Asher's+Arrival+-Asher.jpg)

+Asher's+Arrival+-Me+&+Asher.jpg)











+Asher's+Arrival+-Asher.jpg)





+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)




+Asher's+Arrival+-Asher,+Eric+&+I.jpg)



+Wilson+Family+Reunion+-Klingenmaier+Family.jpg)
+10th+Anniversary+-Eric+&+I.jpg)
+UP+Weekend+-Dad,+Asher+&+I.jpg)
+UP+Weekend+-Kevin,+Asher,+Caleb,+Rebekah,+Lewis,+Micah,+Elliot+&+Tim.jpg)


+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Me,+Asher,+Emma+&+Eric.jpg)

+Cottage+Vacation+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)









+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)

+Baby+Shoot+-Eric,+Asher+&+I.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)









+Baby+Shoot+-Eric,+Asher+&+I.jpg)

+Family+Family+Day+-Klingenmaier+Family.jpg)



+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)



+Baby+Shoot+-Me,+Asher,+Emma+&+Eric.jpg)









+Thanksgiving+-Asher+&+Eric_2.jpg)



+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Santa+&+The+Family.jpg)




+Christmas+Day+-Asher.jpg)
+Christmas+Day+-Asher.jpg)

+Baby+Life+6+Months+-Asher.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Jaxson,+Asher+&+AJ.jpg)

+Baby+Life+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)


+Baby+Life+Swimming+-Eric+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Emma,+Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+7+Months+-Asher.jpg)



+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Jaxson,+Asher+&+AJ.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-The+Migrin+Family.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+Eric.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher+&+I_2.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Emma+&+Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)
+Baby+Life+-Asher.jpg)














































No comments:
Post a Comment