![]() |
| Peek-Boo! |
I have shared previously that Asher LOVES to play Peek-a-boo. In the past he has giggled when we hide and say "peek-a-boo" and he has also played with us as he hides himself, appears and then giggles when we say "peek-a-boo" for him. (Many of our walks these days are spent playing the fun game over...and over...and over...and over.........again, while he hides, appears, giggles and hides again under his blanket in the stroller.) This week, Asher took the game to a new level as he began to say "peek-boo" (sounds like peeaboo with (sometimes) an almost silent k in there and an exaggerated "oo") himself. It is pretty much the cutest thing...or at least one of the many adorable things he does. Eric and I have tried again and again to get him to say it on video, but every time the camera comes out Asher declares "game-over!"...guess it will just have to be another one of those things that as a Mom I treasure in my heart. :)
Video: Okay, I lied. I do have ONE video of Asher saying "Peeaboo", it is at the very end of this video. The first 25 seconds or so is my attempts to get him to say it, the last 5 seconds have it. You'll have to listen carefully though it is pretty soft and quiet.
When Eric and I were not having our hearts melted by Asher's newest cute trick, we enjoyed the typical family time together. Asher and I had a good time on Wednesday playing outside for a bit (better enjoy it now, because once Winter comes it will be very hard to convince this Momma to head outdoors).
![]() |
| Silly Guy! |
We also enjoyed family dinner time...It is funny that for 10 years Eric and I RARELY sat at the dining room table to eat, but now I would never even consider eating in the living room...at least not when Asher's around.
(2) Videos: Asher Enjoying His Spaghetti (Enjoying the Taste and the Fun)
We also enjoyed some extra rest. On Saturday morning, Asher slept in until almost 8:00. It was awesome! Eric and I are afraid to have another child. Asher has always been such a great sleeper, that we think there is no way we're going to be so lucky the next time around!
Finally, we enjoyed our family goofiness. As many know, Eric and I are not real serious people. We both love sarcasm and love to goof around (at least in the privacy of our home). As you may recall, Asher's halloween costume for the year includes glasses. Since I was in a hurry when I bought them and without Asher, I actually bought three different pairs of glasses for him (at the Dollar Store). Two of those pairs (including the ones he wore) were the glasses that had eyebrows and a nose included. After I'd picked the ones that fit him best, I cut off the eyebrows and the nose so that only the glasses remained and now we have an extra nose lying around the house. On Sunday morning, Eric (who was headed to the grocery store) came in the office to talk to me wearing it. I dared him to wear it around Piggly Wiggly, and he could not resist the dare...
When he returned, he showed me the video and said that he got a few strange looks including one guy that saw him and quickly walked away...I don't blame him. Eric looks like he is up to no good in the video! ;p
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
+Toddler+Tales+-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment