As I wrote in my last post, we are currently in waiting mode for 'M's arrival and spending these last few weeks enjoying the time we have left to focus on Asher. Since I am not real mobile these days, much of the fun with Asher falls to Eric, while I look on as an observer and photographer. It is so fun to watch my boys playing together and having a wonderful time. It also makes me feel a little better, knowing that Asher has a great buddy to play with while I am caring for 'M', who will soon take up much of my time and energy.
On this Sunday, after nap time, Eric got the idea to take Asher to the Kenosha pool. We had never been there before, but it was quite nice. It was very clean and Asher LOVED it! As I said, since I can't easily get around these days and tire quickly, I found a chair in the shade with my camera while they enjoyed cooling off in the pool together. We stayed for a little more than an hour until closing time, and although Asher's teeth were chattering and he looked completely exhausted, he still was not a happy boy that it was time to head home.
![]() |
| <3 these boys! |
Video: Splashing with Daddy
On Tuesday night, Asher got to enjoy a site visit at the fire station a couple of blocks from us with Daddy, and then we all got to enjoy dinner together for our last summer trip to Big Star before they closed. While we were at dinner, I got plenty of loving from our little man. He insisted on not only sitting right beside me, but practically sitting on my lap and touching me the entire time. I even got a bunch of hugs and kisses and a good lick (our disgusting/silly way to show affection...gross, I know, but Asher thinks it's hilarious!).
![]() |
| Asher helping advertise for Partners in Design Architects. |
![]() |
| Asher giving me a lick. (yuck) |
![]() |
| Getting a real kiss. |
During the week, I did have a little time of my own with Asher, including our daily trips home (which he loves to serenade me during these days), and our day off together on Wednesday (which was filled with a haircut for Asher, some errands to run and some fun outside in the yard and inside with play-doh).
Video: Singing in the Van
![]() |
| Asher with his new big-boy cut. |
On Friday and Saturday we enjoyed some more family fun with our little guy. On Friday night, we had dinner and then ended our evening at a local park that we had never been to before. Asher was a wild man, running from one thing to the other while yelling, "dis one, dis one" and insisting that Daddy join him while I looked on. Then on Saturday, we spent a relaxing day at home together and enjoyed the start of Michigan Football season. Asher is quickly become a great little fan and would exclaim "Go Blue" several times throughout the day!
On Saturday evening, we headed up to Racine to enjoy dinner and attend Georgie Porgie's Free Family Fun Day. It wasn't quite as fun as we'd hoped since Asher was too little to do most of the activities that they had there, but we did still enjoy our time together and after much convincing, Asher did finally enjoy the giant inflatable (although Daddy had to join him so he didn't get trampled by the bigger kids).
![]() |
| Hula Hooping with Daddy |
Video: Down the Wide
After our fun and dinner at Georgie Porgies, we stopped for a bit at Petland to look at the animals with Asher. He was too afraid to pet any of them, but did enjoy watching them all play.
When we arrived home on Saturday evening, Asher received a text message video from Uncle Robby and Grandpa Migrin (how to eat your corn version 2). Knowing that Asher would likely give us trouble for bedtime as he often does, we used the video as bribery to get ready for bed (which worked great). Then, Eric and Asher made their own Na Night video to send back to Grandpa and Uncle Robby before bed, before going to sleep and ending another great week of Toddler Tales.
2 Videos: Na Night
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BEric.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BToddler%2BTales%2B-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment