Monday, October 27, 2014

The A Team Week 4: Fall Fun With Our Pumpkins


This week was week 4 with The A Team and my second week at home alone with our two little pumpkins.  Like our previous week, it started off with a lazy day home with this little pumpkin.

This time though we also had some visitors.  Since it was Columbus Day, my friend Richenda had the day off, so she came over with her little guy to catch up and visit with us during the morning.  After our visitors left though, the rest of the day was just Avery and I bumming it.  That night however, the laziness (unfortunately) did not continue.  Avery was not a happy camper during the night and I spent much of the night trying to calm him and get him to sleep.
Avery & I in the middle of the night.
The lack of sleep on Monday night, made for an exhausting Tuesday home with BOTH of my pumpkins!  Thankfully, Asher was a very good boy on this day and although I wasn't able to get a nap (because Asher only slept about a half hour), I at least had limited tantrums to deal with during the day.  He also watched almost an entire movie with me on the couch, which although I would normally not encourage and he normally would not have the patience for, on this day it was a big help.

Watching a turtle movie, since Mommy's energy level was incredibly low.
Asher's creation.

Isn't he adorable!?  :)

My boys!  ...and yes...we stayed in our pajamas all day long!

Video: Brothers


Somehow, I made it through the day and thankfully Avery slept much better that night, giving me some much-needed rest.

On Wednesday, Avery and I enjoyed another day home alone together, and we actually got a little time to play together as he was awake and not eating for a chuck of time (which doesn't happen much yet).



All good things must come to an end though...playtime was over and then it was time for lunch and a nap...also a pretty good thing!  ...I love my snuggles with this little man...the after-lunch nap together is my favorite part of the day!

Asher playing with Avery when he got home from Daycare.

Asher organizing his toys during bath time.

Daddy playing with Avery.
On Thursday, it was another rainy day (it pretty much rained all week long), but inside, we still had a pretty good day.  I'm starting to think that I may be able to get the hang of this two (kids)-against-one (adult) thing, but still fully appreciate my alone days with Avery.

This particular day started off right with raisin cinnamon toast and berry smoothies for breakfast.  I am pretty sure that Asher was convinced mommy gave him dessert for breakfast, as he kept saying, "it's ummy Mommy, it's ummy!".  There was no dessert involved though just yogurt, berries, banana and a splash of juice.  ...it was pretty tasty though!


Again, Friday rolled around and the sun came out for probably the first time this week, so I decided to take advantage of the light by having a little shoot with Avery.  Unfortunately, the clouds came before I was ready to start photographing, but that didn't stop me.




Some photos with the newspaper from Avery's birthday...
















That night, we didn't do anything fun.  Instead I stayed up working on getting some things done, while Eric hung out with Avery.  When I was done in the office, I came out to find this:

The next day however, was Saturday and on this day we did have some family fun.  In the morning, we went to the "Pet Zoo" (Petsmart) to look at the animals with Asher and get a haircut for Emma.  Then after getting a few other errands accomplished we had a family lunch at Tazinos!  Asher was a happy boy, but unfortunately Avery was not and just wanted to go home to eat and sleep.


That night, Eric took Asher outside to do some yard work, while I stayed in our cozy house with Avery.  They raked up the leaves in the front yard and then proceeded to jump in them.  Eric said he had never heard Asher laugh quite like he did when he jumped in and I am bummed I missed it, but I did get to watch my boys play together from the front window.






When the outside fun was over, they came inside for dinner and then Eric decided to make cookies with Asher, even though bedtime was getting very close.  Again I watched from the sidelines as my boys hung out together.  Eric measured out all of the ingredients and then let Asher dump them into the mixer.  Asher was very excited about the chocolate chips and had to be reminded several times that they were the last ingredient to be put into the dough.  Unable to wait, Asher convinced Eric to let him have a chip prematurely as he pleaded, "want some, want some, want some..", and Eric told him that he "could have one".  Apparently, he should have specified one chip, because the next time Eric looked at Asher, he had one handful!  ...sounds like something I would have done!  When it was finally time to put the chips in, Asher was super excited and somehow, the chips spilled out a bit on the counter.  Eric looked at Asher and teasingly said, "you did that on purpose didn't you?"  Without missing a beat, Asher replied, "uh huh.."  :)  Silly boy!  Finally the time came to put the cookies in the oven.  Asher could barely contain himself and even though it was after bedtime, we knew there was no way he was going to bed without a cookie.  Together, Eric and Asher waited for the cookies to make their way out of the oven, and when the timer went off, he was one happy little dude, until he realized he had to wait a bit longer for them to cool.  Eventually, the time came and it was time to eat one.  He sat at the table and selected the one he wanted and then bit into the ooey gooey goodness.  Then (of course) he wanted another.  He wasn't very happy that we said it was bedtime instead and to appease him Eric told him he'd make a Mickey Mouse cookie for him to eat tomorrow.  Reluctantly, our little man went to bed, but not to sleep...that didn't happen for a couple of hours later.  Oh well.

2 Videos: Cookie Excitement




Video: Bedtime Video for Grandma and Gramps M

On Sunday, we wrapped up the week with some more fall family fun.  After morning baths, church and afternoon naps, we headed over to Jerry Smith's Pumpkin Farm.
Our littlest Cookie Monster after his morning bath


Asher eating his Micky Mouse cookie that Daddy promised him after nap time...it was HUGE (Eric swore that was the smallest he could make it!)
Pictures from the pumpkin farm:
Asher and the other minions

Climbing up to see the pumpkins


Asher & I



Asher & I catching bubbles

He wanted this one...but I did convince him to put it back.


While walking around we saw some friends of ours..we attempted to get a picture of the two boys together, but they were not as interested as we were.

My littlest pumpkin

Asher & Kaden.  I didn't realize until after that poor Kaden was the girl.


Asher at the zoo.  He was "rarring" at the animals.

Eric & Asher at the petting farm.


Asher waving to the animals.



Eric and Asher stopping to listen to the band.  Asher couldn't take his eyes off the drum set.

Two of my monsters.








 =
You can't go to the pumpkin farm without a stop at the playground.



Asher checking out the ponies (& there was a camel too).  He thought he wanted to ride one, but then we couldn't even get him to sit on one for a picture.


3 Feet Tall!

Almost 2 Feet Tall.





3 comments:

  1. I love those cookie videos! Asher seems a little nervous at first that he might have to share with Avery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he was very excited about the cookies and loved making them with his Daddy...and loved eating them even more! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete