Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Toddler Tales Week 65: The End of an Era

This week will mark the end of Toddler Tales and the start of a new phase in our family life.  I therefore need to backtrack a bit from my previous post telling of Avery's arrival to conclude the time that we had as a family of three (or 4 including our fur-kid).

As I've mentioned before, on Sunday Eric's dad was still staying with us to help us with Asher (in hopes that I would need to head to the hospital).  We therefore enjoyed a lazy day at home (with a trip to church where I endured all of the "I was hoping I wasn't going to see you here..."s).
Asher & Grandpa coloring on the driveway.

Me (looking like a giant blueberry) :) & my little man after church.


More fun with Grandpa.





On Monday morning, Eric's dad headed back home to Michigan and we got back into our work-week routine with no delivery time in sight.  Since I was working at home, my morning routine included getting up with Asher and getting him ready to go while Eric got ready.  This morning, Asher was wiping the coffee table off (as he frequently does) and exclaimed "Fish, blub, blub!".  I looked down at the table and sure enough there was what looked like the Christian symbol of a fish on the table (see it?).  I have no idea if he actually drew that on purpose or if it was just a coincidence, but still proud of my little man's creative mind!  :)

I was also pretty proud of him recently when he stacked a bunch of Duplos onto of his Duplos car and exclaimed, "Big Truck!".  It wasn't anything amazing to behold, but the fact that his mind could see beyond some blocks and a car at the age of two was quite impressive to me.  :)

Monday, was also Asher's best-bud Theo's 2nd birthday.  Since one of Asher's favorite songs to sing is Happy Birthday and for some reason he often puts Theo's name in it, I thought I would get a video of this to send to Theo's mom.  Unfortunately, he refused to sing it the way that he normally does, but it was still cute!

2 Videos (Happy Birthday Theo)


On Tuesday, as I've already shared, Eric's dad came back and the labor process began with contractions all day long.  Thus, we ended the Toddler Tales Era of life has a family of 3+ to set out on a whole new journey...
Final pictures of our single-child family


No comments:

Post a Comment