On Sunday night, we were all in the playroom together and couldn't believe how grumpy and whiny Asher was. He was driving us a little crazy. To give us a change of pace, Eric asked Asher if he wanted to go outside and play in the snow while Eric snowplowed the driveway. Of course Asher, who had been watching the snow fall all day, was game. We headed up stairs and as I got Asher bundled up to go outside, I realized what was really going on. He was burning up! Call me a bad mom if you want, I still let Asher go outside with Eric...he was already all dressed up and you try telling a 2 year old that you just told could go play in the snow that you changed your mind!
| Asher outside in the snow with his "snowblower" (he wanted to get his toy lawnmower out) |
| Yes, we still have Christmas lights on the garage...Asher just loves them too much to take them down! |
That night we got a decent night of sleep, but the next morning the fever was still there so Asher and I enjoyed a day alone at home together (we sent Avery to daycare to try to keep him from getting sick as well). Despite Asher's fever and lack of appetite, there was no slowing him down. Unfortunately though, I had developed a head cold and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was wishing all day that Asher would just want to relax and snuggle up with a book or movie, but that was not the case. Instead, we played all day long and I did my best to keep up with him.
![]() |
| Asher & I modeling Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head's attire. |
By Monday night, Asher was feeling pretty crumby again and was ready for bed. We read stories and he went to bed with no problems. Then Avery and I headed upstairs while Eric headed back to work. About an hour later, Avery was asleep and I had just laid down to get some rest myself when Asher started screaming bloody murder. I headed downstairs to his room and he was drenched in sweat and seemed like he was in terrible pain. I held him in bed as he cried that he wanted his Daddy. I quickly texted Eric and told him he needed to come back home immediately. By the time that Eric got home, I had calmed Asher down and we were snuggling on the couch and watching cartoons. Asher got his Daddy and they went back to his bed to snuggle and get some sleep. Not long afterwards, Asher was asleep again and all was well in the Migrin house. Then approximately one hour later it happened all over again and this time Eric was home to witness it (he now understood why I had been so panicked and made him come home from work). Asher was again screaming in pain and Eric and I both felt completely useless to help our little guy. This time, Eric held him while I called the pediatrician. The on-call doctor said it was likely just the flu, but told me what to keep an eye out for. Eventually, Asher calmed down again and fell asleep and thankfully this time he slept until morning.
When morning came, I was hoping that all would be well again and I'd be able to go back to work. However, despite being in a pretty good mood, Asher still had a fever and had thrown up in his bed (thankfully it was just water, since he'd eaten almost nothing the previous two days). We stayed home again and he fought his fever on and off throughout the day. On this day, he was a little more willing to relax with me, so we snuggled and watched The Lego Movie in 10-15 minute bursts (which is about all he has patience for), while he happily enjoyed Pediatlite popsicles. In the afternoon, his fever was still at close to 103, but thankfully it went down from there and by the next morning he seemed back to his old (respectively) self, eating well and moving constantly.
After that, I couldn't tell you what happened the rest of the week. It is pretty much a blur. While Asher was getting over his flu and I my cold, we did get about 4 more inches of snow. Thus, by the time the weekend came and our little guy was healthy again there was plenty of snow to play in. Asher spent much of Saturday morning playing outside with Eric and helping to tidy up the driveway, while Avery and I enjoyed watching them from the warmth of our home.
Video: Snowball Fight
![]() |
| Hi Mommy! |
Video: Crazed Snow Boy
Then, later that morning we were joined by Eric's parents for the remainder of the weekend. Asher got to play outside more with Gramps (who helped him build Joe the Snowman in the backyard), and Eric's mom helped me snuggle Avery, clean up the house (THANK YOU!!) and get food ready for Avery's Dedication brunch at our home the next day...but I'll get to that another time!
Video: Avery & Momma
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Duplos%2BFamily.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Eric%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Emma%2C%2BMr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Mr.%2BM%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BAvery's%2BDedication%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BI.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment