![]() |
| Asher & Avery showing off their new sandals that Daddy bought them. |
This week was a bit crazy, as we prepared for our first vacation as a family of four.
![]() |
| Nothing like a sweater and sandals! |
Avery apparently decided that to prepare for our vacation he needed to catch up on some sleep and slept through the night TWICE this week (something he hasn't done since he was a newborn)!!
Throughout the week, I spent almost every moment caring for my family and getting things ready to leave on Saturday. I worked, played with the kids, fed them, put them to bed (well Avery at least...Asher still only wants Daddy to do that. In fact, on Thursday night, Eric and I asked him who he wanted to read stories with him and then Eric said that his only options were Emma or Momma. Asher replied, "Emma"! :( The next few days, several people asked me how he liked Emma's stories!) and then packed. It took pretty much the entire week to get everything packed up and ready to go.
Video: MEAT...it's what's for dinner
Video: Avery would like some too...
On Wednesday, I am a little embarrassed to say that I put the kids in daycare for the morning, to spend a little time getting things vacation-ready for myself. First, since I had a gift card from a friend that was about to expire, I went and pampered myself with a mani-pedi. Then, I got myself a much-needed haircut and did a little returns/shopping at Kohls. Finally, I went and got the kids so that we could have lunch and nap time.
![]() |
| The end result of my mani-pedi. It's hard to tell in the photo, but my fingers & toes weren't the same. Toes where reddish pink and fingers were a coral color (not that anyone really cares). |
After nap time, Asher wanted to do a "project" and I wanted to get the house cleaned up a little before we left (because coming home to a messy house is awful!). I had some old marshmallows that were WAAAAYYY past the expiration date, so I gave them to Asher along with some toothpicks and let him get to work. He enjoyed the "project" quite a bit, but wasn't fond of the marshmallows' stickiness or the residue they left on his fingers.
![]() |
| When Asher's project got a little old. We renewed it by having the dolphin eat the marshmallows. |
![]() |
| Asher helping us pack? |
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery%2B%26%2BAsher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Me.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Avery.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
%2BA%2BTeam%2B-Asher.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment