Thursday, July 30, 2015

Wisconsin Vacation Day 4: Family Time

On day 4 of our vacation, Asher was up and at 'em bright and early, and since Eric didn't want him to wake up the rest of us (nor our neighbors) so early he got up as well.  Trying to think of what to do, Eric asked Asher if he wanted to go climb a mountain.  Asher looked at him puzzled and asked, "what's a mountain Daddy?"  When Eric told him it was a giant hill, Asher was game.

Together they set off onto one of the trails at Devil's Lake for a Father/Son outing that resulted in probably my favorite photos of our vacation.  There is nothing more attractive than the father of kids loving on them! :)


Probably one of my favorite pictures from 2015 so far!




Asher taking a stab at the classic Migrin "Falling off the Cliff" picture...he doesn't quite get it yet!






When my two big boys got back, the rest of us were awake and ready to start the day.  Since we didn't have anything big planned for the day, we decided to tackle a more time-consuming breakfast of eggs, bacon and monkey bread made in the dutch oven (which turned out awesome!).  Since it took a while for the bread to bake, Eric and I took the boys down to the beach while we waited.
















About 45 minutes later, we headed back to our campsite for an awesome breakfast followed by more fun down at the lake.
Asher & our Monkey Bread...it was SOOOO good!



When the morning was done, we enjoyed some lunch and rest back at our site.  Then we followed it up with one more jaunt to the lake for not just fun in the water and sand, but also some ice cream!  I was really excited to enjoy the weather and my boys while also enjoying my ice cream, but unfortunately it didn't work out as I'd hoped.  After I had my cone and we were walking away from the concessions, I realized that I couldn't find my phone.  So, instead of lazily eating my ice cream on the beach, I ate it distractedly while searching all over the beach, parking lot and van for my phone.  When I had gotten to the point that I really didn't know where else to look I headed back to the beach where my boys were at.  Eric asked me if I was sure it wasn't in one of my pockets and I started to tell him that that was impossible because the shorts I was wearing didn't have pockets.  As I said this though, I touched the area that there would be pockets (if I'd had them) and realized I had mindlessly done the next best thing: tucked my phone under the elastic band of my shorts at my waist...I had been running all over the area looking for my phone and it was on me the entire time!

So, needless to say our ice cream/beach adventure was not as relaxing as I'd hoped, but we still enjoyed a little more fun in the sun together before our day was over.
Avery eyeing up Asher's cone.

"Are you gonna eat that?"




When our fun at the lake was done, we headed back to our campsite to enjoy some Hobo Dinners and then headed to bed...all in all a pretty perfect family day.

No comments:

Post a Comment