This week was Christmas and that means that A Team Week 66 will be split in a few separate blog posts...the first of which being the days leading up to Christmas Day...
The week started off pretty normal with work and daycare. Although we had questioned if Avery was getting pink eye, it didn't seem to be getting worse and was very mild so like the poor, desperate mom that I can be at times, I sent him to daycare. It was no longer pink (& had only ever been so in the outside corner) and wasn't goopy at all, so I thought it would be ok. When I picked him up that night though I was indirectly told that he wasn't exactly welcome the next day. Thus, in an already short week of work prior to taking a week off, I had to stay home with him on Tuesday.
Although, it was a bit frustrating to stay home when I felt I should be at work, it was also nice to have an extra day to spend with my little man and get ready for Christmas.
 |
| Cute little nap time butt. |
When our day home together had ended, Avery and I headed to daycare to pick up Asher. Since it was the last day of daycare before the holidays, the boys were finally able to open their gifts from under the tree that they'd been looking at for the past three weeks. Avery got a road rug and cars and Asher got a fort building kit. They were both pretty excited about their new toys.
 |
| Avery with his new rug and cars. |
 |
| Asher with the fort we built (pre blanket) together...by the time I was done with this I questioned whether or not Christina hates us, as this things was a bear to assemble!! |
On Tuesday night, my parents arrived in Kenosha to spend Christmas with us. Since Eric and I both had to work on Wednesday and daycare was closed, they babysat the kids for us for the day. Late that morning, I received a text from my mom that was proof of a Christmas miracle. It was disgusting, so I will save you from having to see it, but basically it proved that Mom and Dad had gotten Asher to do something that we had been trying to get him to do for months: Asher pooped in the potty! Although I was grossed out by the picture, I was also quite excited that Asher had made this exciting progression into big-boyhood, and not only that, but Asher wore big boy undies all day and only had one minor accident. We are very proud of him and hoping this new step in the right direction continues!!
 |
| My response to Asher's exciting announcement. |
 |
| Asher building his Lego Train with Papa (the toy we bought for him as incentive to poop on the potty)...it's been sitting around unopened for a few weeks now and he finally got to have it! |
The next day was Christmas Eve. Eric had to work a half day, so the boys and I had the morning to spend with Papa and Grandma. We spent that morning by getting breakfast at Georgie Porgie's for their special annual Christmas Eve pancake and custard breakfast. Then we did a little bit of last minute shopping.
 |
| Avery waiting for our breakfast. |
 |
| Asher catches a glimpse of Santa coming to visit. |
 |
| Santa says HI to Avery |
 |
| Asher shyly shakes Santa's hand...then he asks him where the reindeer are! :) Santa told him they were resting up for the busy evening ahead! |
 |
| Mom & Dad with their Strawberry Custard smothered pancake! Yummy! |
 |
| Avery enjoying his breakfast. |
 |
| Picture with Santa before we go. |
 |
| Asher and Avery Christmas shopping with me. |
 |
| As we drove to Racine that morning, Asher told me that he wanted to buy Daddy a light for Christmas. When I asked him what kind of light, he couldn't tell me anything other than a "BIG" one. I thought he'd forget about it, but he kept asking if we could go to "nards" (aka Menards) to look for one. Since the Racine Menards wasn't on the way, I thought I would quickly take him to Harbor Freight to see if we could find a cheap light that he approved of. After going to Bed, Bath and Beyond we walked next door to HF. Asher asked where we were going. I told him that we were going to a store that was not Menards, but that it was like Menards and he could look for a light there. We walked into the store and Asher looked around and then loudly proclaimed "I don't like this Nards, let's go to the other Nards...The other Nards is better!" He insisted that this was not as good as Menards and that we leave. So sorry Eric, no light for you...it's the thought that counts! |
At lunchtime, we headed back home for food and naps. Avery fell asleep in the van, but since I had things I needed to do, I still put him down for a nap. Surprisingly he went in there without a fuss, but I don't think he really slept while he was in his crib. Instead, Eric caught him doing head stands on the monitor and we also discovered upon getting him up that he had pulled one of the birds off his wall and completely destroyed it. Meanwhile, I did some very last minute shopping at Meijer for a few last gifts and food for Christmas day. Eventually, I had everything I needed, headed home, got ready for Christmas Eve Service and then off we went to church.
 |
| Avery practicing his head stands. |
 |
| Since this December has been unseasonably warm, we were able to walk to Christmas Eve service. Here are Grandma and Papa playing with Avery. |
Christmas Eve service at IBC was beautiful. It was a great time of worship, although difficult to keep the kiddos quiet. At one point I had to take Asher out into the hall and then bribe him with a candy cane to go back in. Oh well, you do what you gotta do I guess.
 |
| Asher & I at church. |
 |
| Asher & Eric during the candle lighting. |
When the service was over, we enjoyed some cocoa, cookies and a little fellowship before heading back home for a few family photos and an easy pizza dinner.
 |
| I think Avery had a bit too much to drink in this one! |
 |
| Getting a decent family photo wasn't easy. |
 |
| If you haven't figured it out, we got them to cooperate by having Grandma feed them M&Ms. |
 |
| Avery getting some snuggles with Daddy. |
 |
| Someone was excited for Christmas! |
When our photos and dinner were over, it was time to get ready for bed...but not before opening our first Christmas gifts...our annual Christmas jammies and bedtime books.
 |
| The boys got matching jammies with penguins on the shirts. Avery got Little Blue Truck's Christmas and Asher got an awesome book called Polar which gives information about Polar animals and has Photicular graphics that move. |
Once we all had opened our new jammies (Eric & I both got some too), the boys excitedly put their new pjs on and then there was one last thing to do before the bedtime routine: write a letter to Santa. Asher and I wrote a letter out and then put some cookies and carrots on a plate with a glass of milk for Santa and the reindeer. Avery was interested in what we were doing but was mostly just interested in doing everything he could think of to try and steal one of the cookies.
Finally, it was bedtime (for the kids at least). Papa read The Night Before Christmas to the boys and then we put put them to bed checking out their other new books. Once they were down, Eric and I worked to get the rest of the presents wrapped and under the tree, the stockings filled and the cookies and carrots eaten. By 10:00, we were all in bed and ready for a fun-filled family day ahead.


 |
Our Letter to Santa: Dear Santa, Please enjoy these cookies and give the reindeer some carrots. Drive in the grass (Asher's input) and fly safely. Love, Asher & Avery
Santa's Response: Dear Asher & Avery, Thank you for the milk and cookies. They were very good. Your mommy and grandma must be great cooks. The reindeer really like the carrots too. Rudolph was playing with your backyard toys while I was in your house. Sorry he made such a big mess. Remember to be good boys for Mommy & Daddy and don't forget to say Happy Birthday to Jesus. Love, Santa P.S. Keep up the good work going potty on the big boy potty. P.S.S. I love Meijer too |
No comments:
Post a Comment