After the New Year's weekend, A Team Week 68 began and we were back at it. Work was in session and daycare was over so everyone went back into their regular routines. On Wednesday the boys and I had our day off together. Since Avery had his 15 month appointment that morning and we were all still recovering from the holidays we stayed home for almost the entire day. The boys couldn't have been happier though because as Eric was leaving for work the morning, the WE Energies tree-cutting service showed up to cut the top off our dead ash tree. Which meant that the boys had a free show to watch for the entire morning up until nap time. It was so great. I got a ton accomplished and the boys happily sat/stood in the dining room munching on crackers and watching the guys cut down our tree.



 |
| Asher found his truck he'd gotten for Christmas from Uncle Rob to have a lift like the guys outside. He insisted on having a person to put in the bucket, so I found a lego woman on his dresser that fit perfectly. |
When lunch was over, it was time for naps which meant that the boys could no longer watch the work going on outside. When we all woke up from our naps (yes 'our'...lucky me) we found that the guys had gone, but they left us a present (to come back and finish the next day)! Since we could no longer watch the tree cutting excitement outside, we headed down into the basement and decided to play "Meijer". Asher, Avery and I took turns as we drove to the "store" in Avery's new convertible, shopped around for a bit, checked out at the register, paid for our purchases and then rode Sandy the horse before loading our purchases into the store and then driving back home to do it all over again. Even at the age of 35, it was a lot of fun! :) I love seeing our boys' imaginations grow.
Side Note: At one point I asked Asher if he'd buy me some donuts at Meijer (my favorite). He looked at me and said, "We can't buy donuts!". When I asked why, he replied, "because it is night time and we don't buy donuts at night time!" True, I thought, very true. I told Eric about it later that evening and he laughed and said that actually yes, they'd had that conversation before (in real life!). :P
 |
| Our new toy. |
 |
| My boys shopping at "Meijer" |
 |
| Asher putting a penny in Sandy the horse. I thought it was pretty smart that he slipped the coin under Sandy's saddle to pretend he was putting it in the slot like he does at the real store. Avery apparently liked it too, because now when he rides the rocking horse, I will sometimes see him pick up one of the play coins and slide it under the saddle. |
 |
| Avery waiting his turn to ride Sandy |
 |
| Avery checking us out. |
 |
| Driving home from Meijer. |
 |
| Asher scanning Avery's sippy. |
 |
| Loading the purchases into the car. |
From Wednesday on, the rest of the week was largely a blur...but it was a good week. We had fun as a family and then on Friday night Grandma and Papa came again so that we could celebrate our Klingenmaier Family Christmas on Saturday (more on that to come). On Saturday night as soon as our family party began to wrap up, Eric and I set out to take down all of our Christmas decorations and officially call Christmas 2015 over. Then we had one more relaxing day at home and church together before Week 68 was over an a new week began.
 |
| Asher & Avery snuggling on the couch cushion. |
 |
| Our little carpenter helping Daddy with a project. |
 |
| My boys cleaning up before our party. |
 |
| Avery enjoying ripping paper left over from the party and climbing all over the huge box. |
 |
| After we'd taken down the Christmas tree, Avery was very interested in the lights lying on the Living Room floor. Thus before winding them up and storing them away until next Christmas, I let him take a closer look at them and took advantage of a fun photo opp. |
 |
| I think he is trying to blow out the "candles" in this one. |
 |
| Saying goodbye to our Christmas lights. |
Video: Talking with Avery
Sunday morning fun with Avery during breakfast.
 |
| Brothers...sporting their new shirts from Grammy & Gramps. |
 |
| Daddy taking advantage of a rare occurrence...snuggles with our little Mama's Boy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment