Saturday, February 13, 2016

A Team Week 72: Crazy

When I started this blog, I promised myself that I would be honest.  Although I do not always share every detail of our life, I do try to provide a pretty clear picture of what our life together looks like.  In that honesty, I'm sure it has become quite apparent that I am a complete nutcase.  :)  No really, although I wish it weren't true, I will be the first to admit that I let things get to me much more than they should and worry about things when I really should just live and let go.  I am basically crazy.  Not in a talking-to-the-nothings-around-me kind of way, but in the can-never-shut-my-brain-down,-never-truly-relax kind of way.  I've been working on that.  

A friend of mine told me when I was pregnant with Asher that I was going to have lower my standards on some things to keep my sanity and although I hated the thought, I knew then and know now that she was right.  I've been working hard to let things go more and try to be a little less of a control freak.  In the past year I have also been working on trying to do things right when I think of them and not pushing them off.  Procrastination is quite evil!...I have even been trying to fold AND put the laundry away within a day or so of washing it, which is quite a feat these days!  All this to say that although I am crazy in some not-so-great ways, I am also crazy in a way that is good (I think)...I am absolutely crazy about the three boys in my life!  I cannot imagine life without them and am thankful every second of every day for the ways they make me smile, warm my heart, keep me on my toes and give me purpose.  They are truly the most amazing gift and although some day they may blush and ask me to stop talking when I begin to gush on about them, I will always be their biggest (crazy) fan!  ;)  ...picture me in their stands with a giant foam finger and face fully painted!  :)

So, here I go again, sharing our life to the handful out there that choose to read...another week of the A Team and company...
Wednesday: Asher decided that he wanted Emma to sleep in his room from now on and moved her bed into his room.  It lasted one night.

Thursday Night: Asher sported some wild hair after wearing his winter hat on the way home.


On Friday morning, we woke up to a couple of inches of unexpected fresh snow.  Since this winter has seen very little snow, Asher was quite excited when he woke up to the new fallen fluff and instantly wanted to play in it.  He was very disappointed when I told him he had to get ready for daycare and I had to get ready for work, but I told him that maybe he'd get to play in snow at daycare.  That afternoon I received a text of a very happy little boy playing with snow at the kitchen table of his daycare!

Asher & Avery "reading" together on Saturday morning.

On Saturday morning, I looked up to see Asher putting his superhero cape on this little bro.  It was a very simple moment, but one that really brought me joy seeing him being so kind and gentle with Avery.  I pray that they have an amazing relationship when they are older!


Cool dudes sporting their Meijer sunglasses.



 Late Saturday morning, we all loaded into the van and headed to the local library for a fun train event that they were having.  There was a room with two train tables set up and a few dozen train accessories that the kids could activate themselves with the push of a button.  They had so much fun watching the trains go round and making the associated windmills, lights, swing sets and more activate.









Saturday night: The boys playing together and pretending they are puppies.

Video: Puppies


Sunday morning: Fun with Daddy.



Sunday morning snuggles with Mommy.  Avery hates getting dressed these days and loves to be naked, but he was also cold, so he snuggled up with me in our blanket.




Sunday Breakfast: Self-feeding yogurt = BIG MESS!

Sunday morning solo bath (Asher was gone with Daddy to the store)...All fun and games until a certain someone pooped in the tub!  Yuck!

We finished out the week with our own little Super Bowl party; complete with football, homemade burgers and cheesy potatoes and Micro Machines.  We made it to about half time and then everyone went to bed.


1 comment:

  1. I hear you with the crazy talk! My motherhood motto is, "Do what you can WITHOUT DRIVING YOURSELF CRAZY and trust the God will take care of the rest." There are days that's on a constant loop in my head!

    ReplyDelete