As I type this our little man is now 17 months old so my goals to catch up in my posts have failed. Thus, this will be a brief post with just a few updates regarding this little man.
Size wise, Avery is about the same as he was at 15 months. The only change was a growth of about 4 ounces in weight. There was a large physical change in his little chompers though, as he cut all four of his canine teeth, giving him a total of 16 teeth now! All he has left to get are his two year molars!
Another noticeable change in Avery was the addition of a few words to his limited vocabulary. Still he mostly just says Mama, but another common word to hear him say is "tickle tickle". Pretty much every time he sees his feet he will start tickling them and say "tckle tckle" while he plays with them. Beyond that he knows several sounds (cow, dog, kitty, monkey, lion, dinosaur, elephant, horse, cars, trucks) and also knows a few words but chooses to not use them most of the time (Dada, ba (ball), aye (hi), shhhhh (shoe), cheese, ma (Emma...also often pronounced like mama). He has said Gramma once for my parents and I to hear and also has said "lu oo" (Love you) to me a couple of times. His vocabulary is growing, but at his own pace. Mostly he just seems to not find words that necessary and does a very good job of telling us what he wants or needs with out them through babbles, grunts, pointing and hand movements. As much as I look forward to hearing more of what he has to say, for now I also enjoy his desire to stay my baby for a while. He understands and reacts to pretty much everything we say to him and can communicate right back in his own way, so for now that is all we need.
Finally, this month Avery has done a great job learning many of his body parts. He now knows where is nose is (and if you ask him where it is he will stick is finger right up it and smile, knowing that isn't what you wanted), where is mouth is, where is toes are (tckle, tckle), where is belly button is, and where his belly is (which he loves to pull up his shirt to show).
 |
| Showing me his moves. |
 |
| Pretty sure he has the most infectious smile of anyone I know! |
 |
| Belly Buton |
 |
| Avery's Nose. |
 |
| Avery's Toes! |
 |
| Avery's best buddies: Elephant and Froggy. |
 |
| Look Mom, I still fit! |
 |
| Aren't I adorable?! |
 |
| Hmmm...how do I get out of this thing? |
No comments:
Post a Comment