Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A Team Week 80: A-Typical

So this week was pretty standard for the most part, but did have a few a-typical events to be shared.  First, Avery got sick...AGAIN!  At this point, I'm not really sure that is at all a-typical.  Rather, it seems that the kid gets sick about every two weeks like clockwork.  The day after getting home from our Easter Weekend up North, he came home from daycare with a fever which continued for about 24 hours.  Thus, rather than our Wednesday home with Asher, Avery and I shared a Tuesday home together just the two of us.  We had fun and snuggles for the day, and although I hate when he is sick, I do love one thing about it: Avery is great at covering his mouth when he coughs and there is something about seeing a 1.5 year old use his fat little hands to cover his mouth that is totally adorable! :)
Other than a fever and little appetite, this illness didn't slow him down much.  Here, he is taking the toy dumb truck for a ride.

He wouldn't eat anything for lunch other than a few bites of banana.  Instead I turned around and then turned back to find he'd dumped his soup onto his tray and taken his bananas off the tray and put them into the bowl.  Silly guy.

Lots of fun playing in the basement together.

Boy/Wrestle Time before bed.

Next, Friday of this week was April 1st...also known as April Fool's Day.  To keep with tradition, Eric had Asher make a video about a dinosaur sighting in our backyard for Gramps.
Video: Dinosaur Spotting!

Third, Sunday of this week was my big brother Aaron's 40th birthday.  To celebrate, we headed to their house for a fun little party with family
Aaron blowing out his birthday candles.

Avery playing catch with my cousin Brandon's fiancé Caroline.



My knight and shining armor. <3


The kids all had a lot of fun playing dress up.  This is Super Caleb...

& Buzz Light Asher!

Avery on Sunday morning...missing something...

Sunday lunch for the boys.  I wasn't feeling like Supermom that day, so I decided to spice things up a bit and make some Dino-mite sandwiches to make my guys smile!

The final a-typical event of the week was our first 2016 trip to the park!  On Sunday afternoon it was 70 degrees outside and we took advantage of the warmth by taking a short family walk and having some fun at the park.  Always nice to get some fresh air...and a good way to get ready for a new week ahead!
On our way to the park.


So.Much.Fun!



Asher trying to kick Daddy.

Heading back home.

Manly yard work.

Avery was standing on the bottom of the fence, so Eric showed the boys how he can climb up on top.  Thanks for that.  I fully expect to come outside someday soon and find my little guys sitting up there!


No comments:

Post a Comment