Sunday, April 3, 2016

A Team Week 79: It's Official...

Well, it is official...we now have a full-fledged toddler in the house!  Not only can Avery walk but this week he also learned how to say the two-letter word that defines Toddlerhood: "No".

On Monday night as we had dinner I was trying to get Avery to eat his chicken but he just kept shaking his head at me.  Towards the end of our meal I picked up a small piece and brought it up to his mouth trying to convince him to take a bite.  Instead, he again began to shake his head and then in slow-motion movie style he opened his mouth and a long "Doooee" came out.  It seemed like he really had to think about it to get it out, but despite it being difficult for him to say he has continued to say it over and over again to the point that we will often ask him silly questions just to hear him say it.  I'm sure it will get annoying quick as he exercises his independence, but for now it's just cute! ;)
Asher & Avery hanging with Daddy at Sam's club while Mommy worked later on Monday night.

Emma lets her brother's pet her these days.  I never really thought she would allow it, but I think she has grown fond of them...though she'd never admit it! 

The remainder of the week was pretty uneventful.  Just the usual routine from Tuesday-Thursday.  Then things geared up for Easter.  On Thursday night we arrived home to find 3 packages had arrived for the boys...

The first was a bag of Hot Cross Buns made for Asher by his friend Elias (per Wikipediahot cross bun is a spiced sweet bun made with currants or raisins, marked with a cross on the top, and traditionally eaten on Good Friday in Australia, British Isles, Canada, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa and some parts of America. The buns mark the end of Lent and different parts of the hot cross bun have a certain meaning, including the cross representing the crucifixion of Jesus, and the spices inside signifying the spices used to embalm him at his burial.).  We all really liked the tasty treat and it made for a great snack while we waited for Daddy to get home with dinner!  :)
I love seeing my boys play together.  On Tuesday night I looked outside to see Asher pushing Avery around on his bike! <3

Then a little while later I caught them both sitting in their chairs eating their snack together...I wasn't quick enough for a pic though!

Asher with his Hot Cross Buns.  They were really tasty and such a fun/thoughtful surprise!
The second package was a bag full of fun-size M&Ms from "Mr. Bunny".  I'm pretty sure these came from our sweet neighbor Marge who loves to drop us little notes and surprises, but I never actually showed these to the boys since I didn't want them seeing that we have MORE candy!

Our 2nd Easter surprise

Avery playing peek-a-boo with me from inside a box he found.

A picture of our backyard as we waited for Eric to get home that night.  This week was one with some strange Spring weather.  Earlier in the week we got lots of rain and that continued into this day.  However, by late afternoon the rain changed into large fluffy snowflakes!

Finally, when Daddy got home we opened their package which was one that came in the mail to the "A Team".  It was from Grammy and Gramps M and they were both very excited to open it!  They got even more excited when they found a card and bag for each of them inside filled with candy and others Easter surprises!




Video: Easter Chicks
The boys each got a little wind-up chick that bounces around on the floor.  Avery LOVED it and giggled and squealed as it hopped around our house! :P

When the boys had finished opening their fun surprises, we transitioned into weekend-mode.  With Good Friday the next day, Eric and I ended our week a day early and then packed up to spend the holiday weekend up North.  More on that to come...
Avery playing with big brother's ear muffs.



Avery and his raccoon playing Easter "ball" with me.

Video: Raccoon & Egg












No comments:

Post a Comment