Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Team Week 88: The Arrival of Summer!

This week the temperatures finally increased and brought summer to our neck of the woods.  The boys were thrilled to enjoy all that summer had to bring for us including the new backyard pool, playground playtime, homemade Zoku pops and more!


Video: Ain't No Party Like a Hot Tub Party

(2) Videos: Slow-Mo Splashin' Fun


Video: Future Olympian
While both of the boys had a blast playing in the pool, Avery was the most excited about it and the most entertaining.  He worked up his own little routine to practice for his future Olympic Diving Golds!

On Wednesday the boys and I had our day off together.  It was a gorgeous summer-like Spring day and we spent almost all of it outside.  I even got some more painting done and I was able to clean off our dining room chairs outside (which was in desperate need of getting done!!).  After nap time I surprised the boys with some homemade Zoku Pops that I had made from the left-over ice-cream mix we'd made a couple of weeks prior.  (PS: When I looked up the link for Zoku Pops I found these awesome Dino-Mite Molds...my little dinosaur lover would LOVE these...SOOOOO cute!).  To end our fun before Daddy got home, we enjoyed some playtime at the park.






On Wednesday night, my painting was done and my new photo shelves that Eric made for my 35th birthday were ready to go up on the wall.  I was SOOOOO excited to finally get these up and as soon as they were mounted I got all of my collected frames together to see the end result...and I LOVE it!!!



On Thursday Eric got to enjoy some summer on his own.  He was invited to join his boss and a couple of clients for a golf tournament outing in Lake Geneva.  Thus, he was paid to enjoy a beautiful day outside not working!  ...must be tough!  :p


While Eric was out finishing up golfing and enjoying a free dinner to end the day, the boys and I played at home and they got to enjoy some more time in the pool (which they surprisingly enjoyed even though it was freezing!)

Finally, we ended our warm week by officially starting the summer season with the Memorial Day Weekend at Eric's parents' home in Michigan...but more on that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment