Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Team Week 90: Say What?!

This week was pretty good overall, we had some simple yet fun family times and for the most part enjoyed each other's company thoroughly.  I say "for the most part" for two reasons:

First, Asher and Avery have been playing the brother role fully as of late.  While some moments they love each other and have a blast playing together and helping one another, at other moments they are screaming and pushing each other.  Avery is no longer a baby in that sense and is often just as much the culprit as his older brother.

Second, Asher is in a new phase that he enjoys saying crazy things just to see how I will react to them.  I know that he doesn't mean anything by them (usually), but they still take me off guard and can sometimes sting a bit.  This week Asher and I were talking and he was telling me all about "Blue Eyes" (Gramps' tractor).  He kept going on and on about how we were going to go and visit Gramps again and he and Gramps were going to go for rides on Blue Eyes.  Then he looked at me and said, "but you can't come because you're butt's too big"!!!  Now, I know he was just being silly, but I might have to make him pay for that one sometime in the future! ;)

So, that was the not so good.  Now for the rest of the week...

Wednesday: The boys and I had a great day together.  It's always nice when our day off together goes smoothly and is fun for all.  In the morning we played at the park for a bit where we drove cars, raced the slide and threw sticks into the pond.  We even saw a duck, a turtle and a gigantic orange fish in the pond!  Good times!



After the park, we headed over to the Dollar Store, where I let the boys pick out a gift for Daddy's up-coming birthday.  Asher did a pretty good job focusing on the task at hand, but Avery was too interested in finding some prizes for himself.  In the end, they picked two gifts for Daddy and I let them each pick out a prize for themselves.  Asher picked a golf club & ball, which he continually calls his baseball net (?) and Avery picked out a small truck.

The boys found these Amish-looking hats and modeled them for me.


Video: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Avery and I have added some new fun to our bedtime routine.  After our prayers, I sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider for him and he LOOOOOVVVVEEEES it!!  Over and over again I sing it for him and tickle him and every time he says "ya" while nodding his head which means: I like that.  Do it again...and I do.  On this particular evening I must have sang it almost 20 times.  You'd think it would get old, but his smiles and giggles give me the momentum to keep going...


Thursday: Asher and Avery wanted to watch a cartoon while I made dinner.  I turned on Jake(&TNP) and they happily snuggled up together on the couch...another example of them when they are loving on each other.


Friday: Asher, Avery and I stayed home and played in the backyard after work while I cooked up some hot dogs for them and Eric went out to get burritos for us.  The boys had fun playing in the sprinkler and were excited to eat dinner after Eric got home.  While we were sitting at the table and eating our dinner Asher said, "Mommy, I had two hot dogs for lunch!"  They rarely have hot dogs for lunch at daycare so I never thought to ask, but it should have dawned on me that with the day's temperature around 90 degrees they would likely have something that could be made outs.  Thus, my boy ate three entire hotdogs that day!  Parent Fail.

Video: Sprinkler Fun


Avery brought me "flowers"

Saturday: Today we enjoyed some time at home (for me) and around town (for the boys).  I got some much-needed cleaning done while Eric and the boys ran some errands together.  When they got home they washed the cars and then had a little bit of nap/quiet time before we headed out for an afternoon of fun at our nephew's 5th birthday party (more on that to come).
My boys (& Avery's blurred bottom)

Our baby birds.

Sunday: We ended the week with another relaxing day: Home, Meijer, church, naps, and a bike ride to the park.
My Ninja Turtle walking to church.

Even Daddy needs a nap once in a while.

I have been craving Chicken Salad lately so I finally made some for dinner tonight.  When I sat down and made the boys their sandwiches and dished them out some fruit to go with, I had an idea...and "Bob" (the sandwich) was created.  Asher loved it and thought it was pretty funny.

Asher sticking his tongue out like Bob.


Happy boy on the slide to finish out the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment