One might think that the end of our Southern vacation on a Friday meant that we had the weekend to relax before going back to work the following week. Instead though, our vacation down South really just turned into a Staycation of sorts as we got back home and still had busy plans for the weekend.
On Saturday, Eric stayed home and hung out with the boys while I went down to the Chicago area to attend a bridal shower for my cousin's fiancé Caroline. It was a beautiful shower at a Marriott Hotel complete with a delicious chicken lunch, some amazing chocolate mousse for dessert (Yum) and time to visit with some relatives that I do not see often.
 |
| The Bride (Caroline) & Groom (my cousin Brandon) |
 |
| My cousin Tess, her daughter Brynnley and my Aunt Gail |
I got home from the shower in the early evening, giving us a little bit of family time before bed. Then we got some sleep and rested up for our next adventure. On Sunday morning, we headed to Miller Park stadium to watch the Brewers vs. the Cubs.
We planned to leave the house a little before noon giving us time to get there. What we had not planned on was the stand-still traffic due to construction and accidents that we met along the way. To get from our house to an actual parking space it took us almost two and a half hours, and the last 45 minutes of that was just waiting to park! It was a painful drive and to make matters worse, Avery decided about 1.5 hours in that he did not want to be in the car and began crying and screaming at the top of his lungs to get out. I squeezed myself into the seat between the boys to try and calm him down but nothing I did helped. It was awful. Finally we got to our parking space and were able to find our way into the stadium.
Eric's firm had rented a party suite for all of the employees and their families to have a fun family outing together. It was the boys' first professional baseball game, and although I enjoyed watching the game, I think they were much more interested in all of the food that was available in the suite!
 |
| Eric carrying the boys who after our week of vacation did not want to walk at all. Keep in mind it was crazy hot on this day! |
 |
| Free ice cream treats for the kids! (lucky guys!) |
 |
| Everyone hanging out in the wonderful air-conditioned suite. It was painfully hot out! |
 |
| Even though it was so hot outside, I couldn't stay in the suite and watch the game on the TV. I needed to make sure the boys got at least a little of the real ballgame experience. |
 |
| The sausage race. I loved the mini sausages! |
 |
| Coloring back in the suite. |
 |
| Yep. It's hot! |
So that two-day staycation combined with our Southern vacation made up A Team Week 96 and now we could get back to normal life...or so we thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment