On Monday, the boys were thrilled to find that they got not one, and not two but THREE Valentine's surprises for them in the mail. They got a package from Grammy and Gramps, some cards from Grandma and Papa and another card from our favorite neighbor Marge.
![]() |
| After the boys were in bed on Monday night I got their traditional Valentine's Day Card/Books ready for them along with some special hearts for their doors. |
On Tuesday (Valentine's Day) Eric had to work late, so the boys and I enjoyed our own evening of fun (which was fine because Eric and I never celebrate Valentine's). When we were done with dinner, we took some flowers that we had purchased the weekend prior and a plate of cookies over to Marge's house for a little Valentine's Day surprise visit with our favorite neighbor.
After our visit with Marge, we headed back home for some snuggles and then got ready for bed. Then it was time to give them their Valentine's Day gifts.
![]() |
| This year they got the Usborne Animally and Americanly books with special messages to each inside. |
On Wednesday, Eric and I celebrated a very special day: Our Golden Anniversary of the day AFTER Valentine's Day. It was our 15th anniversary of February 15th. You might not have known that that was a day worth celebrating, but it is...especially when you have two small kids and rarely get time alone with one another!
Back in January, while we were struggling through the chaos of the month, I got the idea for us to have this date day together. With our 15th February 15th falling on a Wednesday it worked out perfectly. I sent Eric an evite (see above) with the following message, and then once Eric got the time off approved, we just had to wait for our day to come.
One month from yesterday will be our Golden Day After Valentines as a married couple (15 years to celebrate February 15th) and that requires a celebration! ;) We have never been a couple to celebrate Valentines much, but now with two kids, we need to grasp any opportunity that we can to celebrate! Therefore, I invite you to a full day with me (while the kids are at daycare) to watch movies, snuggle on the couch, enjoy a yummy lunch at La Fogata, Cheddars or whatever your heart & stomach desire, bowling and more (or less)...for 10 hours we can be together and do WHATEVER WE WANT!! I love you and hope you accept this invitation, so I can count down the days to our day-long date together!!
When the day arrived, Eric and I both got dressed and ready for work like every other day because we didn't want Asher to know that we were not going to work (& thereby insist on staying home with us). We buckled the boys in Eric's car and I kissed them goodbye. Then Eric drove them to daycare, while I pulled out of the driveway until they could not see me and then pulled right back into the garage to await my date's return. After Eric got back, our day officially began. We didn't to anything too extraordinary, but we did have a great day together consisting of breakfast at Cracker Barrel, a snuggling/movie date on the couch in the basement, some house tours with our realtor, sandwiches and milkshakes at Potbelly for lunch and then some vegged-out TV watching in the warmth of our bedroom (since it was fairly cold in the house and our bed is heated!).
| My with all my (our) food at Cracker Barrel |
On Thursday the holidays were over and life was back to normal. We had tacos for dinner but the boys both threw a fit about having leftovers so we proposed "Cheeseball Taco Salads" (I know there are a lot of Cheeto/Cheeseball haters out there so be kind, don't judge). They were thrilled and Asher plowed through his, but Avery (per usual) picked out the cheeseballs and didn't touch the rest and that was the end of Cheeseball Taco Salad in our house!
Video: Bedtime Snuggles, ABC's and Animal Sounds
On Wednesday night when I put Asher to bed he was asking me why Eric and I don't have a ninja turtle heart on our door like he and Avery do. He told me that I need to make more and I told him I was Ninja Turtled out. The next morning, Asher got the work and made his own Ninja Turtle heart for us all by himself after Eric cut him the heart. I love that boy and his creativity so much!!
On Friday, it was the start of a beautiful weekend and we celebrated with a fire and pie-iron dinner and dessert sandwiches.
![]() |
| Apple Pie Pie Iron Sandwich with Cinnamon & Sugar and Vanilla Ice Cream...it was Perfection! |
On Saturday, the gorgeous weather continued and Eric and I took advantage by sending the boys outside to play while we got some "Spring" cleaning done in the house.
![]() |
| Asher & Avery decided that they needed to wash Asher's bike. |
![]() |
| Avery spent a good chunk of the day playing in his sandbox. He was in little boy heaven! |
Video: Sandbox Fun
While Avery finished up his afternoon nap and played in the sandbox, Asher and Eric went for a bike ride to Speedway and got some icee's. To Avery's delight, Asher was willing to share his Apple Icee when they returned home.
![]() |
| Eric let Asher stand on top of the fence. Here he is yelling to our neighbors, "Hey, Look at Me!" |
After the boys had finished their Icee's, they got on their bikes and we headed over to the church parking lot so that Asher could practice riding without training wheels some more. Since it had rained recently, Avery enjoyed riding his bike through the puddles while big brother practiced.
Video: Puddles
Video: Big Boy Bike Riding
By the time we left the parking lot, Asher was doing great and could make it all the way from one end of the lot to the other on his own! I was/am one proud mama!
After we were done at the parking lot, we headed back home with a stop at the park for a little bit to play. Then we finished out the rest of the week with a family snuggle as we introduced the kids to one of my favorites: Happy Feet and our every day family time at home.
![]() |
| The apples of my eye |
| Asher's countdown to the next time we see Grandma & Papa! :) |














































No comments:
Post a Comment