Sunday, July 9, 2017

A Team Weeks 143: Celebrating Daddy

This week started and ended with lots of fun as we enjoyed the weather and each other and celebrated our favorite guy for his birthday and Father's Day.

At the beginning of the week, it was HOT.  When we got home from work on Monday night the boys immediately got on their swimsuits to play in the water and with the (SINGLE) water squirter that we had.  They were having a lot of fun, but also a lot of fights over who got to use the squirter.  To remedy this issue, I grabbed my keys and headed to the dollar store where I purchased 4 new squirters for our family and proceeded to have an all out family war.  :)  Great time with my loves.



On Tuesday morning, we woke up to a call from our favorite neighbor, Marge, wondering if Eric could help her with a branch on one of her trees that broke down after a storm the night before.  Eric and our biggest little tough guy went right over (shirt-free) to help her out! :)

On Wednesday, it was no longer as warm as it had been earlier in the week but that didn't stop us from meeting some friends downtown for fun on the playground and at the splash pad.


Avery was a little too chilly to enjoy the water.

Asher & Addison.  When Addison showed up in her swimsuit Asher saw her and then looked at me and asked, "is that Addison?"  It was a serious question but I couldn't help but notice that there seemed to be a bit of awe in his voice that made me think he just saw his friend in a whole new light for the first time! :)

Allison & Graham


On Thursday I had to work later, so Eric and the boys had some fun of their own down by the lake before I got home from work.  Then on Friday night we enjoyed a family dinner at HuHot to close out the work week.





On Saturday, it was Eric's 37th Birthday.  Thus, we started the presents first thing in the morning by letting him sleep in while we ventured off to Meijer.
I told the boys they could each pick a fruit to get.  Then I turned around to find Avery juggling as many peaches as he could carry.

While we were at Meijer, the boys asked if they could get party hats for the day.  I obliged and then we went home to surprise Daddy with their hats and a special birthday Frozen Coke (his favorite...yes even when he first wakes up)!

After a few lazy hours at home, we headed out to enjoy the day.  Our first stop (after a few family pics) was at Harbor Market downtown.



Video: Celebrating MY Daddy
Since my own daddy also celebrated his birthday (the day before Eric's) this weekend, the boys and I sent him a (slightly belated) Happy Birthday video.

Cheese samples at Harbor Market


Sidewalk art at Harbor Market

When we were done meandering through Harbor Market, we decided to catch the trolly for a fun ride over to Choo Choo Charlie's for lunch, which we then followed up with a quick jaunt to the dinosaur museum before catching a ride back to our van.



At Choo Choo Charlie's, Avery LOVED their dog mascot, but Asher wanted nothing to do with him.  Throughout our time there "Charlie" tried to get Asher to give him a high five (or anything), and also seemed delighted by his ability to easily entertain Avery.
Charlie sitting with us at our table while Eric and Asher were in the restroom.

Avery entertaining Charlie

Happy Birthday Eric!






The boys helping Daddy open a package from Grammy & Gramps when we got home.

After our fun downtown, we headed back home for a short rest and then headed to the movie theater to see Cars 3.  It was our first time at the theater since they switched all of the seats to recliners and although I wasn't a fan of the raised prices, the extra room to stretch out was nice.  For the boys it was a bit annoying however.  I realized that confined space works a little better for them, to keep them from moving all over the place.  For example, when Avery started to get antsy during the movie, he crawled off his seat (with the footrest still up) and then proceeded to run from the aisle way in front of his seat to his chair and launch himself up on it.  I tried my best to keep him contained, but was thankful that everyone else in the theater also had young kids.


After the movie (& filling up on popcorn), we headed back home where we enjoyed a simple dinner and then presents, cake and ice cream before going to bed.


When the boys and I went to Meijer that morning, I took them into the card aisle to let them pick a card for Eric.  They found a card with a singing poop emoji on it which was $8.99.  I never thought I'd pay so much for a card, but they were insistent that this was the card they wanted to get Eric and in all honesty...it was kind of a perfect gift/card from the boys for him.  :P



Video: The Singing Poo



Excited about the new deep fryer...possibly not the best birthday gift to promote a long life, but it does make the time we have a little more enjoyable! ;)

Video: Happy Birthday Daddy!



I love Eric's face as Avery "helps" him blow out the candles but unintentionally spits all over the cake.

On Saturday Eric's birthday celebration was over, but a new celebration began: Father's Day.  We spent the day simply with church and a lazy day together at home (and some ribs & cheese fries-with the new fryer-for dinner).




Daddy & Asher reading Volume #5 of "Love You Because..." (Our annual book of Eric and the boys together)


Video: Lego Reveal
For Father's Day I wanted to give Eric a gift that the boys could work on together.  After recently having a family time playing with Eric's Legos from when he was a child, I got the idea of sorting them out for him (something we've talked about in the past).  The boys and I spent a couple of hours on several of our Wednesdays off huddled up in the basement sorting Legos.  We didn't get quite all of them, but we did get the majority and it was a fun surprise to give Eric!

My last gift for him...perfect for our Sleep-Deprived, Snickers-Loving Guy! <3



Baby Rambo?  Nope, just messy with sidewalk chalk!





No comments:

Post a Comment