Saturday, December 16, 2017

A Team Week 167: It's That Time of Year

This week we finished out the month of November and began preparing for another Christmas.  The work week passed quickly as we slowly 'dashed our halls' and got our new tree ready to decorate...



When finishing out the month of November we also had to send Uncle Baby Robby Birthday wishes as he said goodbye to his 20's and entered a new decade of adulthood.


Video: Happy Birthday Uncle Baby Robby!

On Friday night we headed out to Red Robin for dinner to start our first weekend of the Christmas Season.  With our dinner we ordered two Monster Shakes to share with the kids as a special treat.  We asked the waitress if she could bring some empty cups so that we could share with the boys.  She obliged but didn't wait for the shakes to come.  Instead she brought the empty cups right away so that she wouldn't forget later.  Eric and I used the opportunity to tease the boys a little bit by trying to convince them that the cups were full of the restaurant's newest recipe: The Invisible Shake.  We played it up for them, drinking some ourselves and warning them to save some for dinner.  The ploy went on for quite a while as the boys caught on to the fun and played along.  It was a fun moment for all, but Asher's concerned face told us that he wasn't entirely sure it was all a game.  He knew we were having fun but at the same time we could tell that he was hoping there were actual shakes to come and enjoy!  :P  When the waitress did come with the real shakes we told her that we already had some and were full.  She, having seen our family game of pretend, responded, "yeah I know...that was funny."  :)


Avery & I being goofy

Asher paying for our dinner.

On Saturday, the tree was ready for ornaments.  I turned on Rudolph (our traditional show to decorate the tree) and then we got to work.



Loved the help from the boys, but the OCD in me couldn't leave things alone and as much as I tried to let them do things as they wanted to, few ornaments did get moved.











"Mommy they match!"




Video: Tree Decorating Time Lapse

When the tree was all decorated, we spent the remainder of the morning continuing to decorate the house and clean up the rest of Fall's leaves.  Then, we headed downtown for Kenosha's Winter Harbor Market.  There we enjoyed looking around the tents, making a drink at the Cocoa Bar, munching on some kettle corn and sending Santa some letters/pictures with Mrs. Claus' help.
Asher & Avery making a sleigh while I worked on getting out home decorations.


Notice the reindeer driving the sleigh.  :)


Avery drew a picture for Santa...

...I think it was the Northern Lights! ;)

Asher drew a picture of a 'mote retrol sock' to tell Santa that is what he wants for Christmas!  :)

Video: 'Mote Retrol Sock'


Avery mailing his letter with Mrs. Claus.

Asher mailing his letter with Mrs. Claus

Making some hot chocolate at the cocoa bar.  I told the boys to pick one or two things to put in their drink but they didn't listen.  You could have chewed it.



Kettle Corn!


We added a new Christmas 'squatty character' this year...

...it's Emma!!  When we saw it we just couldn't resist!

On Saturday night we were in the neighborhood of a home I've wanted to check out for years at Christmas time.  Everything was set to music and lit.  It was quite impressive.

Video: Christmas Lights

Finally, we finished out the week on Sunday as always.  After attending church we took our traditional fall family picture and ate some lunch.  Then Avery and I enjoyed afternoon naps while Eric and Asher went to a birthday party for one of his classmates at the RecPlex (a first for us...not knowing the parents or anyone else at the party).
Asher drew this in church today...I see how I rate: Jesus, Santa, the Easter Bunny and Then Mommy...at least I made the cut! I do love tho that he drew Jesus with a crown...as it should be! #jesusisking






That evening, wanting to continue the Christmas spirits and enjoy the gorgeous weather of the weekend, I made some festive shish-ka-bob on the grill and then we celebrated the first weekend of Advent with a candlelit dinner.  I'd wanted to have a nice dinner together as a family but like basically everything else I plan it didn't go quite as I'd hoped.  The boys complained that the dinner was 'gross' the entire meal and then whined and bickered as I tried to read to them about the first Sunday of Advent.  Oh well.  At least I tried...I've had those advent candles for several years and this was the first time they'd been lit!



Starting our advent calendar.  I had been looking for a cool one but couldn't find one I liked.  Then I saw that Francesca Battistelli posted this one she'd purchased on Instagram.  I looked it up, saw that the price was right and that there was free next-day delivery via Amazon with a $35 order and click it was done.  Love it!
Video: Bedtime Prayer
Avery's sweet prayer before bed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment