We spent New Year's day driving home from the cottage making very slow but steady progress as the roads were pretty awful in some locations. As the sun began to set the and a giant reddish moon rose we arrived back in Kenosha and knowing we likely had nothing to eat at home, braved the chilly temperatures a little while longer and enjoyed a family dinner at Chili's.
The next morning everything went back to normal for Eric but with school and daycare still closed, the boys and I stayed home together for one last day. They had fun enjoying their new presents from Christmas and I split my time between playing with them and working to clean up and de-Christmasfy our home.
Video: Speed Metal
Avery has decided that he likes to listen to Speed Metal...check out his dance moves!
After our day home together on Tuesday 2018 began an attempt to settle into typical life. We spent the remainder of the week trying to stay warm while we made out way through the rest of the work/daycare/school week.
![]() |
| Avery excited to wear his purple monster shirt. |
When Friday night came it was technically the weekend, but unfortunately I had to work for part of the day on Saturday. While I drove off to Silver Lake to measure a house, the boys headed to the YMCA to give rock climbing a trying. Asher LOVED it (Avery wasn't old enough to try).
![]() |
| Avery managed to skewer his cup at dinner on Friday night. |
![]() |
| Eric said that Asher had absolutely no fear climbing up the wall and was grinning from ear to ear. Our little adventurer... |
![]() |
| Boy's lunch (at Meijer Starbucks) while I work |
For Christmas Asher got a Critter Cage from my parents. It is a small cage for insects or small animals to catch outside that he was able to build and paint by himself (with Eric's assistance). He spent a good portion of this weekend working on it and by Sunday night he had finished it. He was incredibly excited to show me the finished product but was quite distraught when I informed him that finding a critter to put in the cage during this time of the year would be difficult. The next morning (Monday of week 173) though, as Avery and I were brushing our teeth to head out for the day we spotted a fly sitting on the window sill. We went downstairs to give Asher the "exciting" news and then he and Eric ran upstairs to catch and it put it in the cage. Both Asher and Avery were elated by Asher's new "pet" which he named Flyguy after a book that he got from the library...for about 10 minutes. They got him a cracker to eat and happily watched him zip around the cage. Then, as we were getting ready to to leave the house Asher asked if the fly would poop in the cage. We told him that it would and he was horrified. The next several minutes were spent trying to convince Asher that it was okay if the fly pooped in the cage and that it would be so small he wouldn't even notice. He was a complete crying mess about this and we had to simply say goodbye to Flyguy as we ushered Asher out the door and off to school. That evening, when I picked him up from school the very first question he asked me was if I thought Flyguy had pooped in the cage. Again I said yes, but he and Avery were both quite pleased to discover that that was not the case when we got home...or at least not that they could see. Flyguy spent one more night in his new home and the next morning Asher discovered that he was still "sleeping" and decided to dump him out of the cage. He didn't go anywhere. ;P
![]() |
| Little man hiding from nap time on Sunday afternoon. |
Video: Me and My Monkey
On Sunday night we ended the week with a little practice. I haven’t sung on a worship team since before Avery was born. Now almost 4 years later I am meeting with the music pastor of our new church to try and get involved...a sort of try out I guess. My vocal chords were rusty, I was nursing a sinus infection and I attempted to practice a few songs with this monkey hanging off me the entire time! #hardtosingwhenyouhavesomeonesqueezingyourneck #motherhood#keepinitreal #futureduo?

























No comments:
Post a Comment